|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
2. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
3. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
4. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
5. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do drug traffickers not like the New Liberation Party? How does New Liberation feel about drug trafficking?
2. When the President is unable to give the families what they ask for to find their families, some of them turn to the Notables. Who are the Notables and what is their role during the abductions?
3. When Beatriz is released, Maruja is now the only prisoner. Describe Maruja's state after Beatriz is gone?
4. Pacho has ideas of escaping when he feels there is no other alternative. How is this option possible? What makes Pacho believe he can escape all the guards?
5. Maruja is released first to be on time before the 7:30 evening news. Pacho's release is scheduled in time for the 9:00 pm news. Why are their releases scheduled in time with the news?
6. How does Nydia feel about the rescue attempt before and after it occurs?
7. Maruja and Pacho, the last of the hostages, are released. Describe the public's reaction to their release.
8. Why do the kidnappers abduct family members rather than the actual politicians or other influential people?
9. Describe the attempt to rescue Diana Turbay and its consequences.
10. Diana Turbay is one of the main hostages from the media group of six. Describe her background that shows her history and character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the Extraditables decide to kill the hostages, they list the execution order as Marina, Richard, Beatriz, Maruja, Diana, then Pacho. Why this order? Why have an order at all? How does this order benefit the Extraditables?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the ten hostages are released before others. Write about what it is like for those that are released knowing others remain and what it is like for those that remain knowing others are released before them.
Essay Topic 3
The President holds office to help protect and do good by the population of his country. President Gaviria is in a dilemma. He wants to fight narcoterrorism long-term, but he is faced with hostages' lives that are presently in danger. How does President Gaviria handle this situation? Why does he make the decisions that he does?
This section contains 2,094 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)