|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
(a) He is fatter and more spirited than expected.
(b) He is more broken in spirit than expected.
(c) He is in tears despite his known stoicism.
(d) He is speechless despite his known loquaciousness.
2. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
(a) Shoot him three times.
(b) Use him as cover in order to survive.
(c) Maintain Pacho alive and with them as they run.
(d) Leave him chained to the bed and leave immediately.
3. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
(a) He has to fight his way through a throng of reporters.
(b) A police checkpoint stops him from going further.
(c) His anxiety.
(d) Lots of car troubles.
4. What does President Gaviria do first thing Monday morning after news of the possible release comes out Sunday?
(a) Meets with Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Meets with Hernando Santos.
(c) Listens to radio newscasts.
(d) Meets with Rafael Pardo.
5. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
(a) Her zealous religiousness.
(b) Her judging character.
(c) Her inability to play Nintendo.
(d) Her atheism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
2. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
3. What opportunity for possible freedom arises when Gorilla is having chest pains?
4. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
5. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)