|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
(a) She does not believe it to be true.
(b) She is in shock.
(c) She is doubtful.
(d) She is ecstatic.
2. What spurs Escobar's transfer to another prison?
(a) Escobar turns his prison into a nice hacienda.
(b) The Cali cartel tries to infiltrate the prison and kill Escobar.
(c) The U.S. convinces President Gaviria to extradite Escobar.
(d) Escobar's family requests he moves closer to the family home.
3. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
(a) A picture of Pacho's family in his home with a spot saved for him.
(b) An article about keeping hope alive.
(c) A family picture of Hernando with Pacho's wife and kids.
(d) A column about freedom.
4. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop taking her medicines.
(b) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(c) To yell at the top of her lungs.
(d) Stop eating.
5. How do Escobar's personal guards view Father Herreros?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They are suspicious of his involvement.
(c) They think he is a madman.
(d) They are split in their opinion of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
2. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
3. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
4. What television program is the first to announce the release?
5. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)