|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
(b) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(c) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(d) A picture of his family in the paper.
2. What spurs Escobar's transfer to another prison?
(a) The U.S. convinces President Gaviria to extradite Escobar.
(b) Escobar turns his prison into a nice hacienda.
(c) The Cali cartel tries to infiltrate the prison and kill Escobar.
(d) Escobar's family requests he moves closer to the family home.
3. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
(b) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(c) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(d) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
4. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
(a) Escobar is done with negotiations.
(b) Two hostages will be killed.
(c) One hostage will be released in exchange for their spouse.
(d) Two hostages will be released.
5. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
(a) An old rehabilitation center for drug addicts.
(b) An abandoned fort.
(c) A convent.
(d) An abandoned prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
2. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
3. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
4. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
5. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)