|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
(a) Reading tea leaves.
(b) Divine signs from the Holy Infant.
(c) Superstitious behaviors such as breaking a mirror bring bad luck.
(d) Astrological signs.
2. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
(a) Marina is dead.
(b) He is not responsible for what she hears.
(c) Beatriz is well.
(d) Diana is dead.
3. What opportunity for possible freedom arises when Gorilla is having chest pains?
(a) The second guard asks for the women's help to bring Gorilla to the hospital.
(b) Gorilla asks Maruja to find the majordomo for help.
(c) The second guard sends Beatriz to the pharmacy for medicine.
(d) Maruja and Beatrix have access to submachine guns.
4. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A picture of his family in the paper.
(b) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(c) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(d) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
5. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
(a) One of the guards cries when Beatriz hugs him goodbye.
(b) Damaris is angry Beatriz has to go.
(c) Their reflections in the mirror.
(d) Beatriz' clothes are tight-fitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
2. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
3. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
4. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
5. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)