|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
(a) An abandoned prison.
(b) An abandoned fort.
(c) A convent.
(d) An old rehabilitation center for drug addicts.
2. What does Pacho want to take with him from his hostage hideout?
(a) A chess piece from one of his favorite guards.
(b) A good luck futbol that the guards and he used to play with.
(c) The chain that held him in his bed.
(d) A magazine that he feels chronicles the hostage story very well.
3. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
(b) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(c) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(d) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
4. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
(a) She leaves with the children to visit her ailing mother.
(b) She is appalled at the treatment of Maruja.
(c) The majordomo pushes her out a window.
(d) The guards are too drunk and rowdy for her.
5. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
(a) Damaris is angry Beatriz has to go.
(b) Beatriz' clothes are tight-fitting.
(c) One of the guards cries when Beatriz hugs him goodbye.
(d) Their reflections in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
2. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
3. When is the selected day for Maruja's and Pacho's release?
4. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
5. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)