|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
(a) Don Fabio believes Escobar will no longer listen to his advice.
(b) Don Fabio completely supports him.
(c) Don Fabio immediately refuses involvement.
(d) Don Fabio is hesitant that Alberto is the right man.
2. How do Escobar's personal guards view Father Herreros?
(a) They are suspicious of his involvement.
(b) They respect him.
(c) They think he is a madman.
(d) They are split in their opinion of him.
3. Who visits the prison to approve it before Escobar's surrender?
(a) Luis Jorge Pataquiva, the prison director.
(b) Villamizar and the Monkey.
(c) President Gaviria.
(d) Rafael Pardo.
4. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Take walks to clear her mind.
(b) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
(c) Write Escobar a letter.
(d) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
5. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
(a) He is more broken in spirit than expected.
(b) He is in tears despite his known stoicism.
(c) He is speechless despite his known loquaciousness.
(d) He is fatter and more spirited than expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
2. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
3. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
4. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
5. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)