|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maruja is to be released, how much advance notice is she given?
(a) Several hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) There is no warning.
(d) Five minutes.
2. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(b) When an important futbol game is on.
(c) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(d) At every 7:30 evening news.
3. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A picture of his family in the paper.
(b) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(c) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(d) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
4. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
(a) Beatriz hears it on the evening news.
(b) Beatriz asks for Marina's phone number.
(c) Dr. Guerrero tells Beatriz he is happy she did not end up like Marina.
(d) Beatriz asks her guards in the car.
5. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(a) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
(b) A personal prison in Itagüí.
(d) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
2. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
3. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
4. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
5. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)