|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
(d) Worse than the other guards.
2. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
(a) Ask Beatriz to bring back devised codes for the radio and television.
(b) With Damaris' help, get Beatriz flowers as a gift.
(c) With Damaris' help, have a dinner of meat and potatoes instead of lentils.
(d) Dress up and put on make-up for a release celebration.
3. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
(a) Her zealous religiousness.
(b) Her inability to play Nintendo.
(c) Her judging character.
(d) Her atheism.
4. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
(b) Stories about her sons.
(c) Her dream that they will grow up straight.
(d) The devised codes from her family on radio and television.
5. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
2. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
3. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
4. How is Escobar located after he escapes?
5. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)