|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
(a) Slowly takes out the bullets from his ankle pistol.
(b) Politely introduces himself as if they were in business.
(c) Slowly shakes his hand and silently nods.
(d) Hugs the man.
2. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
(a) Majordomo offers to return the television when Beatriz leaves.
(b) The guards are not sullen when Beatriz leaves like the day Marina left.
(c) When Beatriz leaves, the boss is more light-hearted in demeanor.
(d) They put Beatriz' hood on with the eyeholes forward instead of backwards.
3. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
(a) He says he hears them, but they are not factors in the decision.
(b) He tells the producers the program is useless.
(c) He finds the program selfish for focusing only on the rich and famous.
(d) He respects their call for human rights.
4. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
(b) Martha Nieves' home.
(c) Don Fabio's home.
(d) Itagüí prison.
5. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
(a) With Damaris' help, get Beatriz flowers as a gift.
(b) Dress up and put on make-up for a release celebration.
(c) With Damaris' help, have a dinner of meat and potatoes instead of lentils.
(d) Ask Beatriz to bring back devised codes for the radio and television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television program is the first to announce the release?
2. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
3. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
4. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
5. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)