|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
(a) Two hostages will be killed.
(b) Escobar is done with negotiations.
(c) Two hostages will be released.
(d) One hostage will be released in exchange for their spouse.
2. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
(a) An old rehabilitation center for drug addicts.
(b) An abandoned fort.
(c) A convent.
(d) An abandoned prison.
3. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
(a) On Alexandra's program.
(b) In Beatriz's home.
(c) In a public speech with Hernando Santos.
(d) In Maruja's home.
4. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(b) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(c) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
(d) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
5. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
(b) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(c) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
(d) She sees an armed guard right outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
2. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
3. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
4. What do the guards use to hide Pacho's face as they drive to his release point?
5. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)