|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(b) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
(c) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(d) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
2. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(b) When an important futbol game is on.
(c) At every 7:30 evening news.
(d) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
3. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
(a) Don Fabio vouches for Villamizar.
(b) Villamizar is a powerful politician in the Constituent Assembly.
(c) Active investigations into the Elite Corps.
(d) Villamizar and President Gaviria are observed as close friends.
4. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
(a) They put Beatriz' hood on with the eyeholes forward instead of backwards.
(b) When Beatriz leaves, the boss is more light-hearted in demeanor.
(c) Majordomo offers to return the television when Beatriz leaves.
(d) The guards are not sullen when Beatriz leaves like the day Marina left.
5. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
(a) Escobar hands over information regarding his drug trafficking routes.
(b) Escobar orders the boys of Medellín to stop killing the police.
(c) Escobar sends a public communiqué apologizing to Maza Marquez.
(d) Escobar sends information about where his explosives are kept.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
2. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
3. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
4. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
5. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)