|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pacho want to take with him from his hostage hideout?
(a) The chain that held him in his bed.
(b) A good luck futbol that the guards and he used to play with.
(c) A chess piece from one of his favorite guards.
(d) A magazine that he feels chronicles the hostage story very well.
2. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
(a) In the city of Bogotá.
(b) Among the jungle farmlands outside of Medellín.
(c) In the city of Medellín.
(d) Near the border of Ecuador.
3. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop taking her medicines.
(b) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(c) To yell at the top of her lungs.
(d) Stop eating.
4. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
(b) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(c) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(d) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
5. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
(a) Escobar hands over information regarding his drug trafficking routes.
(b) Escobar orders the boys of Medellín to stop killing the police.
(c) Escobar sends a public communiqué apologizing to Maza Marquez.
(d) Escobar sends information about where his explosives are kept.
Short Answer Questions
1. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
2. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
3. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
4. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
5. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)