|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) Maruja's rings.
(b) A letter from Escobar's mother.
(c) Maruja's purse.
(d) A letter from Escobar.
2. What spurs Escobar's transfer to another prison?
(a) Escobar turns his prison into a nice hacienda.
(b) The Cali cartel tries to infiltrate the prison and kill Escobar.
(c) Escobar's family requests he moves closer to the family home.
(d) The U.S. convinces President Gaviria to extradite Escobar.
3. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
(a) Use him as cover in order to survive.
(b) Maintain Pacho alive and with them as they run.
(c) Leave him chained to the bed and leave immediately.
(d) Shoot him three times.
4. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
(a) Dress up and put on make-up for a release celebration.
(b) Ask Beatriz to bring back devised codes for the radio and television.
(c) With Damaris' help, have a dinner of meat and potatoes instead of lentils.
(d) With Damaris' help, get Beatriz flowers as a gift.
5. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
(b) Write Escobar a letter.
(c) Take walks to clear her mind.
(d) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
2. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
3. How is Escobar located after he escapes?
4. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
5. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)