|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) She sees an armed guard right outside.
(b) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(c) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
(d) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
2. When is the selected day for Maruja's and Pacho's release?
(a) May 12.
(b) June 7.
(c) May 20.
(d) April 19.
3. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
(a) Stories about her sons.
(b) The devised codes from her family on radio and television.
(c) Her dream that they will grow up straight.
4. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
(a) Shoot him three times.
(b) Leave him chained to the bed and leave immediately.
(c) Maintain Pacho alive and with them as they run.
(d) Use him as cover in order to survive.
5. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
(a) In Maruja's home.
(b) In Beatriz's home.
(c) In a public speech with Hernando Santos.
(d) On Alexandra's program.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
2. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
3. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
4. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
5. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)