|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
(b) A drug trafficker's punishment.
(c) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
(d) Escobar's freedom.
2. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
(a) They will continue with the executions.
(b) They will release one hostage.
(c) They request another negotiation.
(d) They will release all remaining hostages.
3. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
(a) To use the media to get the public on her side.
(b) To put greater pressure on the president.
(c) To prevent an armed rescue at all costs.
(d) To continue her prayers to the Holy Infant.
4. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
5. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
(b) Don Pacho's favorite.
(c) The least worthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
2. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
3. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
4. Who does Villamizar call for help?
5. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dr. Guerrero is Beatriz's husband. What is his initial reaction to the abductions and the consequences of his reaction?
2. How does Nydia feel about the rescue attempt before and after it occurs?
3. Diana Turbay is one of the main hostages from the media group of six. Describe her background that shows her history and character.
4. Why do the kidnappers choose hostages who are media and government related?
5. When the Extraditables kill Marina and leave her, the public does not even know for a week. Eventually the Extraditables confirm her murder. Why do the Extraditables confirm Marina's killing when public uncertainty comes up?
6. Marina is kidnapped three months prior to Maruja and Beatriz. Describe what Marina is going through by the time the other two women show up.
7. Beatriz is released after many months. Describe her homecoming and her adjustments to her old life.
8. The President is called on for help during these abductions. President Gaviria does not feel he can give what the families and kidnappers are asking for. What is being asked of President Gaviria, and why is he resistant to give in to these demands?
9. The hostages are separated into several different groups. Compare and contrast the guards' watch over the kidnapped.
10. The hostages are imprisoned, but on occasions, there are exceptions to the rules. What acts show some sympathy from the kidnappers? How does this make the hostages feel?
This section contains 1,752 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)