|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
(a) A letter from Don Pacho.
(b) A gold chain and cross from Diana.
(c) A minicasette from Diana.
(d) A letter from Diana.
2. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) Hair similarities.
(c) Dental records.
(d) The up market clothes and well-groomed nails.
3. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Alberto Villamizar.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) Guido Parra.
4. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
(c) Eating disorder.
5. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
(a) Public safety during the attempts to physically capture any of the terrorists.
(b) Retaliation from the cartel.
(c) Inability to extradite the suspect.
(d) Lack of evidence to convict.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
2. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
3. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
4. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
5. Who does Villamizar call for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. The decrees are supposed to be the main topic of the negotiations between Escobar and the government. When Decree 303 comes out complying with Escobar's capitulation policy extension, he only releases one hostage and keeps two. Why does Escobar keep the hostages despite his "acceptance" of the latest decree?
2. Maruja is home, and Escobar is in prison. At the end of it all, how does Alberto Villamizar's life change due to the events surrounding his wife's abduction?
3. Father García Herreros is able to utilize his popularity to speak with Escobar and negotiate with him. Who exactly is Father Herreros and why is he so popular?
4. The Priscos brothers are murdered. Who are they and how are they related to the kidnappings?
5. Diana Turbay is one of the main hostages from the media group of six. Describe her background that shows her history and character.
6. The Extraditables want new laws that will keep them safe from extradition. Why is extradition most feared out of all punishments?
7. During Maruja's and Beatriz' imprisonment, there is a time when the sub machine guns are available to the women. However, they both decide without a word that they will not use it to escape. Why would the women decide not to try and escape despite this opportunity?
8. There are various families working on getting their relatives back. Some work together, others do not. Describe why some families have issues working together to find their families?
9. More is revealed about Alberto Villamizar as the book progresses. Write about Alberto's honor and how he follows his word.
10. When Pacho learns he is about to be released, he looks over all his notes and tears up all but three of them. He also saves the letters he wrote to his family. Why does he tear all his works up?
This section contains 1,606 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)