|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
(a) To continue her prayers to the Holy Infant.
(b) To use the media to get the public on her side.
(c) To prevent an armed rescue at all costs.
(d) To put greater pressure on the president.
2. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 27.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 7.
(d) August 30.
3. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
(a) The up market clothes and well-groomed nails.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) Dental records.
(d) Hair similarities.
4. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Looks out a window.
(b) Talks to the guards.
(c) Watches television all day long.
(d) Records details of her imprisonment.
5. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Marina Montoya.
(b) Marìa Santiago.
(c) Alvaro Diego.
(d) Germán Montoya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
2. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
3. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
4. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
5. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. The large group of six hostages is the media group from Crìpton. At first, they are separated into groups of three, then two. What is the purpose of the separation if they remain in the same area?
2. Beatriz is released after many months. Describe her homecoming and her adjustments to her old life.
3. Escobar threatens to dynamite Cartagena but decides to cancel it. How is this catastrophe avoided?
4. There are various families working on getting their relatives back. Some work together, others do not. Describe why some families have issues working together to find their families?
5. The decrees are supposed to be the main topic of the negotiations between Escobar and the government. When Decree 303 comes out complying with Escobar's capitulation policy extension, he only releases one hostage and keeps two. Why does Escobar keep the hostages despite his "acceptance" of the latest decree?
6. The guards who watch over Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz are excessively strict, but in about a month, they are able to relax a little on the rules. Why do the guards start off by being strict?
7. When the hostage situation seems at a standstill and all avenues at a dead end, Father García Herreros steps into the picture. What spurs Father Herreros to help end the hostage situation?
8. Describe Pacho as he tries to escape and what he feels when he fails.
9. The President is called on for help during these abductions. President Gaviria does not feel he can give what the families and kidnappers are asking for. What is being asked of President Gaviria, and why is he resistant to give in to these demands?
10. Why do drug traffickers not like the New Liberation Party? How does New Liberation feel about drug trafficking?
This section contains 1,478 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)