|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
(a) Pacho's guards are worse than the women's guards.
(b) Pacho's guards are much more informal.
(c) Pacho's guards are just as harsh.
(d) Pacho's guards are hardly present.
2. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
(a) Lifetime imprisonment.
(c) Multiple sentences.
(d) Death penalty.
3. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
(b) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
(c) Worried for her life.
4. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(a) Bare and sterile.
(c) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
(d) Meticulously clean.
5. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
(a) Former president Turbay.
(b) Hernando Santos.
(c) The media.
(d) César Gaviria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
2. Why is Beatriz a target?
3. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
4. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
5. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do drug traffickers not like the New Liberation Party? How does New Liberation feel about drug trafficking?
2. More is revealed about Alberto Villamizar as the book progresses. Write about Alberto's honor and how he follows his word.
3. After nearly six months as a hostage, Maruja finally sees her husband. Describe the meeting between Alberto Villamizar and Maruja.
4. Months have passed for the hostages, and it is already a new year for Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz. What consequences are seen from a long hostage stay?
5. Describe Marina Montoya's situation as it is introduced in Chapter One.
6. Beatriz is abducted my mistake. Why does she stay, and what does this say about her character?
7. Francisco Santos makes a mini-cassette to prove that he remains alive. Describe his character on the videotape and how it shows what Santos believes in.
8. Beatriz is released after many months. Describe her homecoming and her adjustments to her old life.
9. Maruja and Beatriz are the last of the ten people taken hostage. What spurs the decision to abduct these last two when the kidnappers already have eight hostages?
10. The large group of six hostages is the media group from Crìpton. At first, they are separated into groups of three, then two. What is the purpose of the separation if they remain in the same area?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)