|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Guido Parra.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) A doctor.
2. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Marìa Santiago.
(b) Alvaro Diego.
(c) Germán Montoya.
(d) Marina Montoya.
3. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A psychotherapist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A physical therapist.
(d) A doctor.
4. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(a) Hearing voices.
5. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) Worried for her life.
(c) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
(d) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
2. For whom does Maruja work?
3. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
4. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
5. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
Short Essay Questions
1. The hostages are separated into several different groups. Compare and contrast the guards' watch over the kidnapped.
2. Despite a criminal past, how does Escobar show he cares about Father Herreros' respect and opinion.
3. When Pacho learns he is about to be released, he looks over all his notes and tears up all but three of them. He also saves the letters he wrote to his family. Why does he tear all his works up?
4. What is Decree 303, and what spurs its placement?
5. Why do the kidnappers choose hostages who are media and government related?
6. Months have passed for the hostages, and it is already a new year for Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz. What consequences are seen from a long hostage stay?
7. More is revealed about Alberto Villamizar as the book progresses. Write about Alberto's honor and how he follows his word.
8. Describe Marina Montoya's situation as it is introduced in Chapter One.
9. What is the National Narcotics Statute, and how is it related to the abductions?
10. The guards who watch over Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz are excessively strict, but in about a month, they are able to relax a little on the rules. Why do the guards start off by being strict?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)