|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
(a) To prevent an armed rescue at all costs.
(b) To use the media to get the public on her side.
(c) To continue her prayers to the Holy Infant.
(d) To put greater pressure on the president.
2. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
(a) A minicasette from Diana.
(b) A letter from Don Pacho.
(c) A gold chain and cross from Diana.
(d) A letter from Diana.
3. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is Escobar's right hand man.
(b) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
(c) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(d) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
4. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
(b) Worried for her life.
(c) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
5. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
(a) The killings of their children.
(b) Bombings and assassinations.
(c) More abductions.
(d) Assassination of the president.
Short Answer Questions
1. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
2. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
3. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
4. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
5. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite a criminal past, how does Escobar show he cares about Father Herreros' respect and opinion.
2. Describe Maruja's and Beatriz's initial reaction to their kidnapping.
3. When Beatriz is first imprisoned, the radio announces she is a physical therapist, but the guards think she is a psychotherapist. They refuse to let her write for fear that she is composing a way to make them all go mad. What does this say about the guards?
4. Father García Herreros is able to utilize his popularity to speak with Escobar and negotiate with him. Who exactly is Father Herreros and why is he so popular?
5. The Extraditables want new laws that will keep them safe from extradition. Why is extradition most feared out of all punishments?
6. Maruja and Pacho, the last of the hostages, are released. Describe the public's reaction to their release.
7. Describe Pacho as he tries to escape and what he feels when he fails.
8. Why do drug traffickers not like the New Liberation Party? How does New Liberation feel about drug trafficking?
9. The guards who watch over Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz are excessively strict, but in about a month, they are able to relax a little on the rules. Why do the guards start off by being strict?
10. Alberto Villamizar begins to have communiqués with Escobar when Parra is no longer in the picture as mediator. How do these communiqués begin and end? What results come from them?
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)