|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
2. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(d) Hearing voices.
3. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
(a) A safe security prison.
(c) Minimum punishment if they turn themselves in.
(d) Political treatment as the guerrillas get them.
4. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
(a) Azucena is having hallucinations.
(b) Azucena's wedding anniversary is coming up.
(c) Azucena believes she is pregnant.
(d) Azucena's father is in the hospital.
5. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(b) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
(c) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(d) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
2. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
3. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
4. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
5. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dr. Guerrero is Beatriz's husband. What is his initial reaction to the abductions and the consequences of his reaction?
2. Maruja and Pacho, the last of the hostages, are released. Describe the public's reaction to their release.
3. In detail, describe how Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz take in the fact that they remain hostages into the New Year.
4. Villamizar is running out of options and feels the only way to negotiate with Escobar is to meet him face to face. Escobar does not comply. Why doesn't Escobar want to meet with Villamizar?
5. Beatriz is abducted my mistake. Why does she stay, and what does this say about her character?
6. The hostages are imprisoned, but on occasions, there are exceptions to the rules. What acts show some sympathy from the kidnappers? How does this make the hostages feel?
7. The President is called on for help during these abductions. President Gaviria does not feel he can give what the families and kidnappers are asking for. What is being asked of President Gaviria, and why is he resistant to give in to these demands?
8. Why do the kidnappers choose hostages who are media and government related?
9. Escobar threatens to dynamite Cartagena but decides to cancel it. How is this catastrophe avoided?
10. After nearly six months as a hostage, Maruja finally sees her husband. Describe the meeting between Alberto Villamizar and Maruja.
This section contains 1,477 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)