|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(b) By her teeth.
(c) By her eyes.
(d) By her hands.
2. How does Diana die?
(a) From a random gunshot wound to her waist.
(b) An Elite Corps member shoots her after mistaking her as one of Escobar's men.
(c) The kidnappers kill her before they flee during the raid.
(d) She is shot and left behind.
3. What does Gaviria decide to do after the first hostage deaths?
(a) Change the capitulation policy date in the decree.
(b) Investigate possibilities of assassinating Escobar.
(c) Send a message to Escobar that he will not yield.
(d) Offer non-extradition to all who come forth at any time.
4. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
(b) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
(c) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(d) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
5. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
(a) Hearing voices.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Maruja work?
2. What occurs as a consequence of the Priscos' execution?
3. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
4. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
5. Who does Villamizar call for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. More is revealed about Alberto Villamizar as the book progresses. Write about Alberto's honor and how he follows his word.
2. Maruja is home, and Escobar is in prison. At the end of it all, how does Alberto Villamizar's life change due to the events surrounding his wife's abduction?
3. The abductions are very well planned. Choose two abductions and describe in detail how the kidnappings occurred successfully.
4. Maruja and Pacho, the last of the hostages, are released. Describe the public's reaction to their release.
5. The hostages are separated into several different groups. Compare and contrast the guards' watch over the kidnapped.
6. The guards who watch over Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz are excessively strict, but in about a month, they are able to relax a little on the rules. Why do the guards start off by being strict?
7. The President is called on for help during these abductions. President Gaviria does not feel he can give what the families and kidnappers are asking for. What is being asked of President Gaviria, and why is he resistant to give in to these demands?
8. The Extraditables want new laws that will keep them safe from extradition. Why is extradition most feared out of all punishments?
9. Maruja's daughter, Alexandra, commissions a program that is used to help communicate with her mother. What does this say about the family's connections and class?
10. What is Decree 303, and what spurs its placement?
This section contains 1,599 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)