|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of extradition.
(b) A sign from the Holy Infant.
(c) The fear of execution.
(d) The women in the family.
2. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
(a) In the cemetery for the homeless.
(b) In a mass grave with other unidentified bodies.
(c) At a cemetery dedicated to martyrs.
(d) In the family cemetery plot.
3. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Alvaro Diego.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Marìa Santiago.
(d) Germán Montoya.
4. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
(b) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(c) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(d) The guards take away the radio and television.
5. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
(a) Marina tells them.
(b) From a television news report.
(c) Through a radio announcement.
(d) Maruja tells them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
2. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
3. Who handles the negotiations for Escobar?
4. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
5. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. There are various families working on getting their relatives back. Some work together, others do not. Describe why some families have issues working together to find their families?
2. Describe the attempt to rescue Diana Turbay and its consequences.
3. When the Extraditables kill Marina and leave her, the public does not even know for a week. Eventually the Extraditables confirm her murder. Why do the Extraditables confirm Marina's killing when public uncertainty comes up?
4. Maruja is home, and Escobar is in prison. At the end of it all, how does Alberto Villamizar's life change due to the events surrounding his wife's abduction?
5. Maruja is released first to be on time before the 7:30 evening news. Pacho's release is scheduled in time for the 9:00 pm news. Why are their releases scheduled in time with the news?
6. Escobar promises to release Maruja and Pacho. There are various sources, but Villamizar is ecstatic. One reporter notes with surprise that Alberto can be so trusting. What makes this promise from Escobar believable despite previous promises?
7. The large group of six hostages is the media group from Crìpton. At first, they are separated into groups of three, then two. What is the purpose of the separation if they remain in the same area?
8. The President is called on for help during these abductions. President Gaviria does not feel he can give what the families and kidnappers are asking for. What is being asked of President Gaviria, and why is he resistant to give in to these demands?
9. Sometime after Beatriz is released, Escobar notes that he needs Maruja more than ever. Why does Escobar rely on Maruja as a hostage more than other hostages?
10. Beatriz is abducted my mistake. Why does she stay, and what does this say about her character?
This section contains 1,604 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)