|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Villamizar call for help?
(a) César Gaviria, the President.
(b) Julio César, another hostage's family member.
(c) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(d) Manuel Perez, a friend of Alberto's.
2. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(b) Diana Turbay.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Francisco Santos.
3. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
(b) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(c) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(d) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
4. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
(b) Multiple sentences.
(c) Death penalty.
(d) Lifetime imprisonment.
5. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
(a) The abductors promise them an interview.
(b) The abductors break into each person's individual home in the middle of night.
(c) The abductors hijack their news van.
(d) Manuel Perez captures them during an interview and hands them over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
2. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
3. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
4. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
5. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Alberto Villamizar is Maruja's husband. What is his reaction to the kidnapping?
2. What is Decree 303, and what spurs its placement?
3. Father García Herreros is able to utilize his popularity to speak with Escobar and negotiate with him. Who exactly is Father Herreros and why is he so popular?
4. When Beatriz is first imprisoned, the radio announces she is a physical therapist, but the guards think she is a psychotherapist. They refuse to let her write for fear that she is composing a way to make them all go mad. What does this say about the guards?
5. Alberto Villamizar begins to have communiqués with Escobar when Parra is no longer in the picture as mediator. How do these communiqués begin and end? What results come from them?
6. Francisco Santos makes a mini-cassette to prove that he remains alive. Describe his character on the videotape and how it shows what Santos believes in.
7. What is the National Narcotics Statute, and how is it related to the abductions?
8. Dr. Guerrero is Beatriz's husband. What is his initial reaction to the abductions and the consequences of his reaction?
9. Maruja is home, and Escobar is in prison. At the end of it all, how does Alberto Villamizar's life change due to the events surrounding his wife's abduction?
10. When the Extraditables kill Marina and leave her, the public does not even know for a week. Eventually the Extraditables confirm her murder. Why do the Extraditables confirm Marina's killing when public uncertainty comes up?
This section contains 1,467 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)