|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Multiple sentences issue.
(b) Extradition issue.
(c) Safety for his family.
(d) Secure prison from his enemies.
2. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) President Gaviria.
(b) Maza Márquez.
(c) Diego Montaña Cuéllar.
(d) Rafael Pardo.
3. Where is the first hiding place located?
(a) La Castellanos.
(b) El Calle.
(c) La Tercera.
(d) La Calera.
4. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 27.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 7.
(d) August 30.
5. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
(a) She is told she will have an interview with Escobar.
(b) She turns to praying to the Holy Infant.
(c) She is told she can write letters to her husband.
(d) She is told she can write apology letters to her crew's families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
2. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
3. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
4. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
5. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Extraditables want new laws that will keep them safe from extradition. Why is extradition most feared out of all punishments?
2. Beatriz is released after many months. Describe her homecoming and her adjustments to her old life.
3. Beatriz is abducted my mistake. Why does she stay, and what does this say about her character?
4. Diana Turbay is one of the main hostages from the media group of six. Describe her background that shows her history and character.
5. The hostages are separated into several different groups. Compare and contrast the guards' watch over the kidnapped.
6. After nearly six months as a hostage, Maruja finally sees her husband. Describe the meeting between Alberto Villamizar and Maruja.
7. Describe Pacho as he tries to escape and what he feels when he fails.
8. There are decrees passed by the Constituent Assembly that deal with drug trafficking. However, when the terms are not agreeable, no one heeds their messages and laws. How do the citizens go about rejecting a decree? What gives them that ability?
9. Escobar threatens to dynamite Cartagena but decides to cancel it. How is this catastrophe avoided?
10. What is the National Narcotics Statute, and how is it related to the abductions?
This section contains 1,435 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)