|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of execution.
(b) The women in the family.
(c) The fear of extradition.
(d) A sign from the Holy Infant.
2. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
(a) Laughing and joking with the guards.
(b) Quietly in the corner.
(c) She drinks and tries drugs with the guards.
(d) She dances all night without music.
3. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
(a) Manuel Perez captures them during an interview and hands them over.
(b) The abductors promise them an interview.
(c) The abductors hijack their news van.
(d) The abductors break into each person's individual home in the middle of night.
4. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) Hung in public.
(b) One cut to the throat.
(c) Bullets to the head.
(d) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
5. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
(a) A letter from Don Pacho.
(b) A letter from Diana.
(c) A gold chain and cross from Diana.
(d) A minicasette from Diana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
2. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
3. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
4. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
5. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite a criminal past, how does Escobar show he cares about Father Herreros' respect and opinion.
2. Explain Decree 3030 and why Escobar is angry about it.
3. Diana compares the negotiations of their lives to a game of chess. How do the Extraditables and the government play a form of chess involving the hostages?
4. Hernando Santos is seventy-eight years old and has had five bypass surgeries when Francisco is abducted. How does he react and what does this say about his character?
5. Why do the kidnappers choose hostages who are media and government related?
6. Escobar promises to release Maruja and Pacho. There are various sources, but Villamizar is ecstatic. One reporter notes with surprise that Alberto can be so trusting. What makes this promise from Escobar believable despite previous promises?
7. Alberto Villamizar is Maruja's husband. What is his reaction to the kidnapping?
8. Escobar threatens to dynamite Cartagena but decides to cancel it. How is this catastrophe avoided?
9. What is Decree 303, and what spurs its placement?
10. Beatriz is abducted my mistake. Why does she stay, and what does this say about her character?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)