|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
2. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
(b) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
(c) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
(d) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
3. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
(a) Slowly takes out the bullets from his ankle pistol.
(b) Slowly shakes his hand and silently nods.
(c) Politely introduces himself as if they were in business.
(d) Hugs the man.
4. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
(a) Her inability to play Nintendo.
(b) Her judging character.
(c) Her atheism.
(d) Her zealous religiousness.
5. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
(a) To tell Maruja that Escobar is sorry.
(b) To thank President Gaviria for his patience.
(c) For Alberto to calm Escobar's mother and wife.
(d) To tell Maza Marquez that Escobar would love to meet with him sometime.
6. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(b) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
(c) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(d) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
7. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
(a) Picking up the slums of Medellín and other cities.
(b) Urban guerrillas from Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
(c) The Cali drug cartel.
(d) Manuel Perez from the Army of National Liberation (ELN).
8. When Maruja is to be released, how much advance notice is she given?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) Several hours.
(c) There is no warning.
(d) Five minutes.
9. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(b) When an important futbol game is on.
(c) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(d) At every 7:30 evening news.
10. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
11. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
(a) He believes they will survive the situation.
(b) Marina is dead.
(c) Diana Turbay is dead.
(d) A rescue mission saved Richard.
12. Why does Villamizar want to meet Escobar?
(a) To shoot him point blank.
(b) To see if the man really exists.
(c) To plea for Maruja's and Pacho's return.
(d) To convince him to surrender.
13. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
(a) Beatriz asks her guards in the car.
(b) Beatriz asks for Marina's phone number.
(c) Beatriz hears it on the evening news.
(d) Dr. Guerrero tells Beatriz he is happy she did not end up like Marina.
14. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) A letter from Escobar.
(b) Maruja's rings.
(c) Maruja's purse.
(d) A letter from Escobar's mother.
15. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
(a) Shoot him three times.
(b) Maintain Pacho alive and with them as they run.
(c) Use him as cover in order to survive.
(d) Leave him chained to the bed and leave immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
2. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
3. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
4. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
5. Who visits the prison to approve it before Escobar's surrender?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)