|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
(a) He redecorates the house for her homecoming.
(b) He buys dozens of flowers and favorite foods.
(c) He invites all her friends and family to their home to welcome her back.
(d) He dresses up and waits with the children at their home.
2. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
(a) Father Herreros apparently calls Escobar an unrepentant pornographer.
(b) Father Herreros condemns the Medellín boys for killing police officers.
(c) Father Herreros announces his retirement from the show.
(d) Father Herreros condemns Escobar's followers for not being able to think for themselves.
3. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(b) A personal prison in Itagüí.
(c) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
(d) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
4. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
(a) With curiosity but complacency.
(b) They are angry at the rise in crime.
(c) They look at him as their Robin Hood.
(d) They are afraid to say anything.
5. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
(a) Divine signs from the Holy Infant.
(b) Superstitious behaviors such as breaking a mirror bring bad luck.
(c) Reading tea leaves.
(d) Astrological signs.
6. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
(a) His anxiety.
(b) A police checkpoint stops him from going further.
(c) Lots of car troubles.
(d) He has to fight his way through a throng of reporters.
7. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
8. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Don Fabio.
(c) The Monkey.
(d) The government.
9. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) A letter from Escobar.
(b) A letter from Escobar's mother.
(c) Maruja's purse.
(d) Maruja's rings.
10. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
(a) He respects their call for human rights.
(b) He finds the program selfish for focusing only on the rich and famous.
(c) He says he hears them, but they are not factors in the decision.
(d) He tells the producers the program is useless.
11. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
(a) With Alberto Villamizar.
(b) With President Gaviria.
(c) With the Monkey.
(d) With the Ochoa brothers.
12. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
(a) In front of the prison.
(b) At La Loma.
(c) At Escobar's estate.
13. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
(a) Diana is dead.
(b) Beatriz is well.
(c) Marina is dead.
(d) He is not responsible for what she hears.
14. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
(a) Urban guerrillas from Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
(b) The Cali drug cartel.
(c) Manuel Perez from the Army of National Liberation (ELN).
(d) Picking up the slums of Medellín and other cities.
15. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
2. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
3. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
4. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
5. When Maruja is to be released, how much advance notice is she given?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)