|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
(a) They are afraid to say anything.
(b) They are angry at the rise in crime.
(c) They look at him as their Robin Hood.
(d) With curiosity but complacency.
2. What opportunity for possible freedom arises when Gorilla is having chest pains?
(a) Maruja and Beatrix have access to submachine guns.
(b) The second guard asks for the women's help to bring Gorilla to the hospital.
(c) The second guard sends Beatriz to the pharmacy for medicine.
(d) Gorilla asks Maruja to find the majordomo for help.
3. What does Pacho want to take with him from his hostage hideout?
(a) A chess piece from one of his favorite guards.
(b) A magazine that he feels chronicles the hostage story very well.
(c) A good luck futbol that the guards and he used to play with.
(d) The chain that held him in his bed.
4. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
(a) He tells the producers the program is useless.
(b) He says he hears them, but they are not factors in the decision.
(c) He finds the program selfish for focusing only on the rich and famous.
(d) He respects their call for human rights.
5. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
(a) A police checkpoint stops him from going further.
(b) Lots of car troubles.
(c) He has to fight his way through a throng of reporters.
(d) His anxiety.
6. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
(a) Don Fabio vouches for Villamizar.
(b) Active investigations into the Elite Corps.
(c) Villamizar and President Gaviria are observed as close friends.
(d) Villamizar is a powerful politician in the Constituent Assembly.
7. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
(a) At La Loma.
(b) At Escobar's estate.
(c) In front of the prison.
8. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) She sees an armed guard right outside.
(b) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
(c) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(d) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
9. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
(a) A column about freedom.
(b) An article about keeping hope alive.
(c) A picture of Pacho's family in his home with a spot saved for him.
(d) A family picture of Hernando with Pacho's wife and kids.
10. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
(a) Stories about her sons.
(b) The devised codes from her family on radio and television.
(d) Her dream that they will grow up straight.
11. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
(a) The Cali drug cartel.
(b) Manuel Perez from the Army of National Liberation (ELN).
(c) Picking up the slums of Medellín and other cities.
(d) Urban guerrillas from Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
12. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
(a) The safety of the Medellín boys in the slums.
(b) Security of his money while he is imprisoned.
(c) A prison he is willing to surrender to.
(d) Safety of his family when he surrenders.
13. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
(a) Martha Nieves.
(b) Dr. Guerrero.
(c) Pacho's wife.
14. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
(a) Exile of Maza Marquez.
(b) A new Constituent Assembly vote.
(c) A new prisoner director.
(d) That Villamizar be Escobar's government liaison.
15. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
(a) In a public speech with Hernando Santos.
(b) On Alexandra's program.
(c) In Beatriz's home.
(d) In Maruja's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
2. The attitude shown during days of waiting for Father Herreros and Escobar to meet can be described as __________.
3. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
4. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
5. What do the guards use to hide Pacho's face as they drive to his release point?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)