|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pacho want to take with him from his hostage hideout?
(a) A good luck futbol that the guards and he used to play with.
(b) The chain that held him in his bed.
(c) A chess piece from one of his favorite guards.
(d) A magazine that he feels chronicles the hostage story very well.
2. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When an important futbol game is on.
(b) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(c) At every 7:30 evening news.
(d) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
3. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
(a) Martha Nieves' home.
(b) Don Fabio's home.
(c) Itagüí prison.
4. What spurs Escobar's transfer to another prison?
(a) Escobar's family requests he moves closer to the family home.
(b) The U.S. convinces President Gaviria to extradite Escobar.
(c) The Cali cartel tries to infiltrate the prison and kill Escobar.
(d) Escobar turns his prison into a nice hacienda.
5. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
(a) Bombings by urban guerrillas.
(b) The Extraditables bombed numerous police stations.
(c) The Cali cartel bombs the area to create confusion for the Extraditables.
(d) Elite Corps efforts to find the abductors.
6. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
(d) Worse than the other guards.
7. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
(a) He is in tears despite his known stoicism.
(b) He is fatter and more spirited than expected.
(c) He is speechless despite his known loquaciousness.
(d) He is more broken in spirit than expected.
8. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
(a) With Alberto Villamizar.
(b) With the Ochoa brothers.
(c) With President Gaviria.
(d) With the Monkey.
9. What television program is the first to announce the release?
(c) The 7:30 evening news.
(d) Alexandra's program.
10. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
(b) She sees an armed guard right outside.
(c) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(d) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
11. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Take walks to clear her mind.
(b) Write Escobar a letter.
(c) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
(d) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
12. Escobar does not want a firing range at the prison because he believes it is what?
(a) A place where he will have to watch some of his guards pay their penalty.
(b) A practice range for the Elite Corps.
(c) A place where prisoners are the targets.
(d) An area that will inhibit his future plans to escape.
13. Why does Villamizar want to meet Escobar?
(a) To plea for Maruja's and Pacho's return.
(b) To convince him to surrender.
(c) To shoot him point blank.
(d) To see if the man really exists.
14. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop eating.
(b) To yell at the top of her lungs.
(c) Stop taking her medicines.
(d) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
15. What do Gloria Pachon and Villamizar ask of the police?
(a) For protection when they go see Escobar.
(b) To press on the Medellín slums even harder to send a message to Escobar.
(c) An internal investigation to satisfy Escobar.
(d) A month's truce to allow contact with Escobar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
2. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
3. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
4. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
5. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)