|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
2. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
(a) Among the jungle farmlands outside of Medellín.
(b) Near the border of Ecuador.
(c) In the city of Medellín.
(d) In the city of Bogotá.
3. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
(a) In front of the prison.
(b) At Escobar's estate.
(c) At La Loma.
4. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
(a) Politely introduces himself as if they were in business.
(b) Slowly takes out the bullets from his ankle pistol.
(c) Slowly shakes his hand and silently nods.
(d) Hugs the man.
5. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
(a) He tells Villamizar to bring the Father to La Loma so they can meet.
(b) Escobar accepts the Father's request at the Father's convenience.
(c) He tells don Fabio he is anxious but excited to meet the Father.
(d) He sends a communiqué saying he is honored but is unable to meet.
6. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(a) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(b) A personal prison in Itagüí.
(c) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
7. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(b) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(c) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
(d) A picture of his family in the paper.
8. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
(a) Don Fabio.
(b) The government.
(c) The Monkey.
(d) Alberto Villamizar.
9. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
(a) Damaris is angry Beatriz has to go.
(b) One of the guards cries when Beatriz hugs him goodbye.
(c) Their reflections in the mirror.
(d) Beatriz' clothes are tight-fitting.
10. In preparation for Beatriz's release, what does Maruja do?
(a) Ask Beatriz to bring back devised codes for the radio and television.
(b) With Damaris' help, have a dinner of meat and potatoes instead of lentils.
(c) Dress up and put on make-up for a release celebration.
(d) With Damaris' help, get Beatriz flowers as a gift.
11. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
(a) Escobar is done with negotiations.
(b) Two hostages will be killed.
(c) One hostage will be released in exchange for their spouse.
(d) Two hostages will be released.
12. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
(a) Dr. Guerrero tells Beatriz he is happy she did not end up like Marina.
(b) Beatriz hears it on the evening news.
(c) Beatriz asks for Marina's phone number.
(d) Beatriz asks her guards in the car.
13. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) Maruja's rings.
(b) A letter from Escobar's mother.
(c) Maruja's purse.
(d) A letter from Escobar.
14. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
(a) Her atheism.
(b) Her zealous religiousness.
(c) Her inability to play Nintendo.
(d) Her judging character.
15. What do the nicer guards ask of Maruja when she leaves?
(a) That she visits them in Medellín sometime.
(b) That she watches over her sons.
(c) That she pray for them to get out of their bad lives.
(d) That she uses this experience to give back to the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
2. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
3. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
4. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
5. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)