|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
(a) The Monkey.
(b) Don Fabio.
(c) Alberto Villamizar.
(d) The government.
2. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
(a) They are free to go since there is no direct evidence linked to them.
(b) They are tried separately for their crimes.
(c) They plan to leave the country a day before Escobar's date of surrender.
(d) The main captains are to surrender and be imprisoned with him.
3. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
(a) At Escobar's estate.
(b) In front of the prison.
(d) At La Loma.
4. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
(a) Exile of Maza Marquez.
(b) A new prisoner director.
(c) That Villamizar be Escobar's government liaison.
(d) A new Constituent Assembly vote.
5. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
(a) Escobar orders the boys of Medellín to stop killing the police.
(b) Escobar hands over information regarding his drug trafficking routes.
(c) Escobar sends information about where his explosives are kept.
(d) Escobar sends a public communiqué apologizing to Maza Marquez.
6. What spurs Escobar's transfer to another prison?
(a) Escobar's family requests he moves closer to the family home.
(b) The U.S. convinces President Gaviria to extradite Escobar.
(c) Escobar turns his prison into a nice hacienda.
(d) The Cali cartel tries to infiltrate the prison and kill Escobar.
7. What do Gloria Pachon and Villamizar ask of the police?
(a) A month's truce to allow contact with Escobar.
(b) To press on the Medellín slums even harder to send a message to Escobar.
(c) An internal investigation to satisfy Escobar.
(d) For protection when they go see Escobar.
8. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
(a) Their reflections in the mirror.
(b) Beatriz' clothes are tight-fitting.
(c) One of the guards cries when Beatriz hugs him goodbye.
(d) Damaris is angry Beatriz has to go.
9. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
(a) A column about freedom.
(b) A family picture of Hernando with Pacho's wife and kids.
(c) An article about keeping hope alive.
(d) A picture of Pacho's family in his home with a spot saved for him.
10. What do the guards use to hide Pacho's face as they drive to his release point?
(a) A makeshift hood from an old sweat suit.
(b) A ski mask.
(c) A book.
(d) A scarf.
11. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(a) A personal prison in Itagüí.
(b) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(d) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
12. How is Escobar located after he escapes?
(a) A phone call is traced between Escobar and his son.
(b) Maza Marquez determination to find Escobar.
(c) Escobar turns himself back in.
(d) Escobar's son gives up his location.
13. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
(a) She is appalled at the treatment of Maruja.
(b) She leaves with the children to visit her ailing mother.
(c) The majordomo pushes her out a window.
(d) The guards are too drunk and rowdy for her.
14. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
15. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(b) At every 7:30 evening news.
(c) When an important futbol game is on.
(d) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
2. When is the selected day for Maruja's and Pacho's release?
3. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
4. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
5. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)