|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
(a) They put Beatriz' hood on with the eyeholes forward instead of backwards.
(b) When Beatriz leaves, the boss is more light-hearted in demeanor.
(c) The guards are not sullen when Beatriz leaves like the day Marina left.
(d) Majordomo offers to return the television when Beatriz leaves.
2. The attitude shown during days of waiting for Father Herreros and Escobar to meet can be described as __________.
(a) Anxious for the Monkey.
(b) Impatient for Escobar.
(c) Relieving for Villamizar.
(d) Impatient for Father Herreros.
3. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
(a) The devised codes from her family on radio and television.
(b) Stories about her sons.
(d) Her dream that they will grow up straight.
4. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
(a) Leave him chained to the bed and leave immediately.
(b) Shoot him three times.
(c) Use him as cover in order to survive.
(d) Maintain Pacho alive and with them as they run.
5. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
6. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
(a) He is not responsible for what she hears.
(b) Diana is dead.
(c) Marina is dead.
(d) Beatriz is well.
7. How do Escobar's personal guards view Father Herreros?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They think he is a madman.
(c) They are split in their opinion of him.
(d) They are suspicious of his involvement.
8. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
9. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
(a) He sends a communiqué saying he is honored but is unable to meet.
(b) Escobar accepts the Father's request at the Father's convenience.
(c) He tells Villamizar to bring the Father to La Loma so they can meet.
(d) He tells don Fabio he is anxious but excited to meet the Father.
10. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
(a) Urban guerrillas from Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
(b) The Cali drug cartel.
(c) Manuel Perez from the Army of National Liberation (ELN).
(d) Picking up the slums of Medellín and other cities.
11. How is Escobar located after he escapes?
(a) Escobar's son gives up his location.
(b) A phone call is traced between Escobar and his son.
(c) Maza Marquez determination to find Escobar.
(d) Escobar turns himself back in.
12. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(b) At every 7:30 evening news.
(c) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(d) When an important futbol game is on.
13. Escobar does not want a firing range at the prison because he believes it is what?
(a) An area that will inhibit his future plans to escape.
(b) A place where he will have to watch some of his guards pay their penalty.
(c) A place where prisoners are the targets.
(d) A practice range for the Elite Corps.
14. What television program is the first to announce the release?
(a) The 7:30 evening news.
(c) Alexandra's program.
15. With whom is Escobar trying to make contact in order to negotiate?
(a) The government.
(b) Alberto Villamizar.
(c) Don Fabio.
(d) The Monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Escobar threaten to dynamite?
2. When is the selected day for Maruja's and Pacho's release?
3. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
4. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
5. What do Gloria Pachon and Villamizar ask of the police?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)