|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
(a) An abandoned prison.
(b) An old rehabilitation center for drug addicts.
(c) A convent.
(d) An abandoned fort.
2. Escobar does not want a firing range at the prison because he believes it is what?
(a) A place where prisoners are the targets.
(b) An area that will inhibit his future plans to escape.
(c) A practice range for the Elite Corps.
(d) A place where he will have to watch some of his guards pay their penalty.
3. Father Herreros offers additional help to President Gaviria in regards to what other Colombian issue?
(a) Urban guerrillas from Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).
(b) Manuel Perez from the Army of National Liberation (ELN).
(c) Picking up the slums of Medellín and other cities.
(d) The Cali drug cartel.
4. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
(a) With curiosity but complacency.
(b) They are afraid to say anything.
(c) They look at him as their Robin Hood.
(d) They are angry at the rise in crime.
5. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop taking her medicines.
(b) To yell at the top of her lungs.
(c) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(d) Stop eating.
6. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) At every 7:30 evening news.
(b) When an important futbol game is on.
(c) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(d) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
7. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
(a) Father Herreros apparently calls Escobar an unrepentant pornographer.
(b) Father Herreros condemns Escobar's followers for not being able to think for themselves.
(c) Father Herreros announces his retirement from the show.
(d) Father Herreros condemns the Medellín boys for killing police officers.
8. What last favor does Escobar ask of Alberto when they depart?
(a) To thank President Gaviria for his patience.
(b) To tell Maruja that Escobar is sorry.
(c) To tell Maza Marquez that Escobar would love to meet with him sometime.
(d) For Alberto to calm Escobar's mother and wife.
9. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
(a) He finds the program selfish for focusing only on the rich and famous.
(b) He respects their call for human rights.
(c) He tells the producers the program is useless.
(d) He says he hears them, but they are not factors in the decision.
10. Who visits the prison to approve it before Escobar's surrender?
(a) President Gaviria.
(b) Rafael Pardo.
(c) Villamizar and the Monkey.
(d) Luis Jorge Pataquiva, the prison director.
11. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) Maruja's rings.
(b) Maruja's purse.
(c) A letter from Escobar.
(d) A letter from Escobar's mother.
12. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
(a) Among the jungle farmlands outside of Medellín.
(b) In the city of Bogotá.
(c) Near the border of Ecuador.
(d) In the city of Medellín.
13. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
(a) Don Fabio is hesitant that Alberto is the right man.
(b) Don Fabio believes Escobar will no longer listen to his advice.
(c) Don Fabio immediately refuses involvement.
(d) Don Fabio completely supports him.
14. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
(a) Marina is dead.
(b) A rescue mission saved Richard.
(c) He believes they will survive the situation.
(d) Diana Turbay is dead.
15. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
(a) Don Fabio's home.
(b) Martha Nieves' home.
(c) Itagüí prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
2. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
3. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
4. What is the reason for the numerous checkpoints seen around the city as Beatriz is driven to her release point?
5. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)