|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the prison to approve it before Escobar's surrender?
(a) Rafael Pardo.
(b) Luis Jorge Pataquiva, the prison director.
(c) President Gaviria.
(d) Villamizar and the Monkey.
2. What do the guards use to hide Pacho's face as they drive to his release point?
(a) A makeshift hood from an old sweat suit.
(b) A ski mask.
(c) A book.
(d) A scarf.
3. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
(a) A new Constituent Assembly vote.
(b) Exile of Maza Marquez.
(c) That Villamizar be Escobar's government liaison.
(d) A new prisoner director.
4. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(b) At every 7:30 evening news.
(c) When an important futbol game is on.
(d) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
5. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
(a) He dresses up and waits with the children at their home.
(b) He redecorates the house for her homecoming.
(c) He buys dozens of flowers and favorite foods.
(d) He invites all her friends and family to their home to welcome her back.
6. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
(a) Escobar accepts the Father's request at the Father's convenience.
(b) He tells don Fabio he is anxious but excited to meet the Father.
(c) He sends a communiqué saying he is honored but is unable to meet.
(d) He tells Villamizar to bring the Father to La Loma so they can meet.
7. What does President Gaviria do first thing Monday morning after news of the possible release comes out Sunday?
(a) Listens to radio newscasts.
(b) Meets with Alberto Villamizar.
(c) Meets with Rafael Pardo.
(d) Meets with Hernando Santos.
8. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
(a) Don Fabio vouches for Villamizar.
(b) Active investigations into the Elite Corps.
(c) Villamizar and President Gaviria are observed as close friends.
(d) Villamizar is a powerful politician in the Constituent Assembly.
9. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
(a) Escobar sends a public communiqué apologizing to Maza Marquez.
(b) Escobar orders the boys of Medellín to stop killing the police.
(c) Escobar hands over information regarding his drug trafficking routes.
(d) Escobar sends information about where his explosives are kept.
10. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
(a) Don Fabio's home.
(b) Martha Nieves' home.
(c) Itagüí prison.
11. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
(a) Superstitious behaviors such as breaking a mirror bring bad luck.
(b) Astrological signs.
(c) Divine signs from the Holy Infant.
(d) Reading tea leaves.
12. What does Pacho want to take with him from his hostage hideout?
(a) A chess piece from one of his favorite guards.
(b) A good luck futbol that the guards and he used to play with.
(c) The chain that held him in his bed.
(d) A magazine that he feels chronicles the hostage story very well.
13. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Take walks to clear her mind.
(b) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
(c) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
(d) Write Escobar a letter.
14. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
(a) Two hostages will be killed.
(b) Escobar is done with negotiations.
(c) Two hostages will be released.
(d) One hostage will be released in exchange for their spouse.
15. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
(a) He believes they will survive the situation.
(b) Diana Turbay is dead.
(c) Marina is dead.
(d) A rescue mission saved Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Villamizar want to meet Escobar?
2. How is Escobar located after he escapes?
3. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
4. Where is Beatriz when Maruja sees her on television?
5. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)