|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
(a) He sends a communiqué saying he is honored but is unable to meet.
(b) He tells Villamizar to bring the Father to La Loma so they can meet.
(c) He tells don Fabio he is anxious but excited to meet the Father.
(d) Escobar accepts the Father's request at the Father's convenience.
2. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
(a) His anxiety.
(b) Lots of car troubles.
(c) He has to fight his way through a throng of reporters.
(d) A police checkpoint stops him from going further.
3. What does the government decide to turn into a prison for Escobar?
(a) An abandoned prison.
(b) An abandoned fort.
(c) A convent.
(d) An old rehabilitation center for drug addicts.
4. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(b) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(c) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(d) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
5. The attitude shown during days of waiting for Father Herreros and Escobar to meet can be described as __________.
(a) Impatient for Escobar.
(b) Impatient for Father Herreros.
(c) Anxious for the Monkey.
(d) Relieving for Villamizar.
6. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
(a) He requests that Hernando publish two texts in exchange for Pacho.
(b) He wants Villamizar to represent him as his negotiator with the government in exchange for Maruja's release.
(c) He asks don Fabio to speak on his behalf in exchange for money to care for the Ochoa women.
(d) He asks President Gaviria for amnesty for Maruja's and Pacho's release.
7. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
(a) Two hostages will be killed.
(b) One hostage will be released in exchange for their spouse.
(c) Escobar is done with negotiations.
(d) Two hostages will be released.
8. What does Pacho want to take with him from his hostage hideout?
(a) A magazine that he feels chronicles the hostage story very well.
(b) A chess piece from one of his favorite guards.
(c) The chain that held him in his bed.
(d) A good luck futbol that the guards and he used to play with.
9. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
(a) She is doubtful.
(b) She is ecstatic.
(c) She does not believe it to be true.
(d) She is in shock.
10. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
(c) Worse than the other guards.
11. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
12. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
(a) With the Ochoa brothers.
(b) With the Monkey.
(c) With President Gaviria.
(d) With Alberto Villamizar.
13. What television program is the first to announce the release?
(a) Alexandra's program.
(b) The 7:30 evening news.
14. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(b) A personal prison in Itagüí.
(c) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(d) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
15. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
2. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
3. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
4. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
5. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)