|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What belief do both Pacho's wife and Escobar follow that influences their outlook of the future?
(a) Superstitious behaviors such as breaking a mirror bring bad luck.
(b) Astrological signs.
(c) Reading tea leaves.
(d) Divine signs from the Holy Infant.
2. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
(a) The safety of the Medellín boys in the slums.
(b) Safety of his family when he surrenders.
(c) A prison he is willing to surrender to.
(d) Security of his money while he is imprisoned.
3. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
(a) Villamizar and President Gaviria are observed as close friends.
(b) Don Fabio vouches for Villamizar.
(c) Active investigations into the Elite Corps.
(d) Villamizar is a powerful politician in the Constituent Assembly.
4. How do Escobar's personal guards view Father Herreros?
(a) They are split in their opinion of him.
(b) They think he is a madman.
(c) They respect him.
(d) They are suspicious of his involvement.
5. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
6. Why does Maruja fear the idea of carpeting the room?
(a) She believes it will create more mold and make her sick.
(b) She is no longer used to changes of any kind.
(c) She believes it means she will remain there a lot longer.
(d) She is afraid more hostages will be taken and imprisoned with her.
7. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
(a) A new prisoner director.
(b) Exile of Maza Marquez.
(c) That Villamizar be Escobar's government liaison.
(d) A new Constituent Assembly vote.
8. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
(a) A family picture of Hernando with Pacho's wife and kids.
(b) A picture of Pacho's family in his home with a spot saved for him.
(c) An article about keeping hope alive.
(d) A column about freedom.
9. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
(a) He believes they will survive the situation.
(b) Diana Turbay is dead.
(c) Marina is dead.
(d) A rescue mission saved Richard.
10. What do the nicer guards ask of Maruja when she leaves?
(a) That she visits them in Medellín sometime.
(b) That she uses this experience to give back to the poor.
(c) That she watches over her sons.
(d) That she pray for them to get out of their bad lives.
11. Where do Villamizar and the Monkey meet Escobar for his surrender?
(a) At La Loma.
(c) At Escobar's estate.
(d) In front of the prison.
12. What spurs Escobar's transfer to another prison?
(a) Escobar's family requests he moves closer to the family home.
(b) The Cali cartel tries to infiltrate the prison and kill Escobar.
(c) Escobar turns his prison into a nice hacienda.
(d) The U.S. convinces President Gaviria to extradite Escobar.
13. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
(a) He buys dozens of flowers and favorite foods.
(b) He invites all her friends and family to their home to welcome her back.
(c) He redecorates the house for her homecoming.
(d) He dresses up and waits with the children at their home.
14. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
(a) Escobar hands over information regarding his drug trafficking routes.
(b) Escobar sends a public communiqué apologizing to Maza Marquez.
(c) Escobar orders the boys of Medellín to stop killing the police.
(d) Escobar sends information about where his explosives are kept.
15. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
(b) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
(c) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
(d) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
2. What television program is the first to announce the release?
3. Why does Villamizar want to meet Escobar?
4. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
5. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)