|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that confirms Maruja's thoughts about Marina's ending?
(a) The guards are not sullen when Beatriz leaves like the day Marina left.
(b) They put Beatriz' hood on with the eyeholes forward instead of backwards.
(c) When Beatriz leaves, the boss is more light-hearted in demeanor.
(d) Majordomo offers to return the television when Beatriz leaves.
2. Why does Villamizar want to meet Escobar?
(a) To convince him to surrender.
(b) To shoot him point blank.
(c) To plea for Maruja's and Pacho's return.
(d) To see if the man really exists.
3. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
(c) Worse than the other guards.
4. What does President Gaviria do first thing Monday morning after news of the possible release comes out Sunday?
(a) Listens to radio newscasts.
(b) Meets with Hernando Santos.
(c) Meets with Alberto Villamizar.
(d) Meets with Rafael Pardo.
5. Who visits the prison to approve it before Escobar's surrender?
(a) Villamizar and the Monkey.
(b) President Gaviria.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) Luis Jorge Pataquiva, the prison director.
6. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
(a) Father Herreros apparently calls Escobar an unrepentant pornographer.
(b) Father Herreros condemns Escobar's followers for not being able to think for themselves.
(c) Father Herreros announces his retirement from the show.
(d) Father Herreros condemns the Medellín boys for killing police officers.
7. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(a) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(c) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
(d) A personal prison in Itagüí.
8. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
9. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) A letter from Escobar's mother.
(b) Maruja's rings.
(c) Maruja's purse.
(d) A letter from Escobar.
10. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) At every 7:30 evening news.
(b) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
(c) When an important futbol game is on.
(d) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
11. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
12. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
(a) Beatriz hears it on the evening news.
(b) Beatriz asks for Marina's phone number.
(c) Beatriz asks her guards in the car.
(d) Dr. Guerrero tells Beatriz he is happy she did not end up like Marina.
13. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
(a) With Alberto Villamizar.
(b) With President Gaviria.
(c) With the Monkey.
(d) With the Ochoa brothers.
14. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
(a) Politely introduces himself as if they were in business.
(b) Hugs the man.
(c) Slowly shakes his hand and silently nods.
(d) Slowly takes out the bullets from his ankle pistol.
15. What message do the Santos' send Pacho in "El Tiempo" when they hear he will be released soon?
(a) A family picture of Hernando with Pacho's wife and kids.
(b) An article about keeping hope alive.
(c) A column about freedom.
(d) A picture of Pacho's family in his home with a spot saved for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
2. What stops Andrés from seeing his mother immediately?
3. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
4. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
5. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)