|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
2. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
(d) Worse than the other guards.
3. When Maruja is to be released, how much advance notice is she given?
(a) There is no warning.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Five minutes.
4. What does President Gaviria do first thing Monday morning after news of the possible release comes out Sunday?
(a) Meets with Hernando Santos.
(b) Listens to radio newscasts.
(c) Meets with Alberto Villamizar.
(d) Meets with Rafael Pardo.
5. Where do the police believe Maruja is located?
(a) In the city of Medellín.
(b) In the city of Bogotá.
(c) Near the border of Ecuador.
(d) Among the jungle farmlands outside of Medellín.
6. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) Maruja's rings.
(b) Maruja's purse.
(c) A letter from Escobar.
(d) A letter from Escobar's mother.
7. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
(a) Escobar sends a public communiqué apologizing to Maza Marquez.
(b) Escobar hands over information regarding his drug trafficking routes.
(c) Escobar orders the boys of Medellín to stop killing the police.
(d) Escobar sends information about where his explosives are kept.
8. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
(a) She is in shock.
(b) She is ecstatic.
(c) She does not believe it to be true.
(d) She is doubtful.
9. What encourages Escobar to continue communiqués with Villamizar?
(a) Active investigations into the Elite Corps.
(b) Villamizar is a powerful politician in the Constituent Assembly.
(c) Villamizar and President Gaviria are observed as close friends.
(d) Don Fabio vouches for Villamizar.
10. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
(a) A prison he is willing to surrender to.
(b) Safety of his family when he surrenders.
(c) Security of his money while he is imprisoned.
(d) The safety of the Medellín boys in the slums.
11. What do Gloria Pachon and Villamizar ask of the police?
(a) An internal investigation to satisfy Escobar.
(b) To press on the Medellín slums even harder to send a message to Escobar.
(c) For protection when they go see Escobar.
(d) A month's truce to allow contact with Escobar.
12. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
(a) Don Fabio is hesitant that Alberto is the right man.
(b) Don Fabio believes Escobar will no longer listen to his advice.
(c) Don Fabio completely supports him.
(d) Don Fabio immediately refuses involvement.
13. What do the nicer guards ask of Maruja when she leaves?
(a) That she watches over her sons.
(b) That she pray for them to get out of their bad lives.
(c) That she uses this experience to give back to the poor.
(d) That she visits them in Medellín sometime.
14. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
(a) Diana is dead.
(b) Beatriz is well.
(c) He is not responsible for what she hears.
(d) Marina is dead.
15. What does Maruja share with the new guards?
(a) The devised codes from her family on radio and television.
(b) Her dream that they will grow up straight.
(c) Stories about her sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Beatriz and Maruja the night Beatriz leaves?
2. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
3. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
4. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
5. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)