|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
(a) The safety of the Medellín boys in the slums.
(b) A prison he is willing to surrender to.
(c) Security of his money while he is imprisoned.
(d) Safety of his family when he surrenders.
2. Which of Maruja's and Beatriz's guard shows the most iciness?
3. How does Beatriz find out about Marina's death?
(a) Dr. Guerrero tells Beatriz he is happy she did not end up like Marina.
(b) Beatriz asks her guards in the car.
(c) Beatriz asks for Marina's phone number.
(d) Beatriz hears it on the evening news.
4. What opportunity for possible freedom arises when Gorilla is having chest pains?
(a) The second guard asks for the women's help to bring Gorilla to the hospital.
(b) Maruja and Beatrix have access to submachine guns.
(c) The second guard sends Beatriz to the pharmacy for medicine.
(d) Gorilla asks Maruja to find the majordomo for help.
5. When is the selected day for Maruja's and Pacho's release?
(a) May 20.
(b) May 12.
(c) April 19.
(d) June 7.
6. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
(a) Diana Turbay is dead.
(b) A rescue mission saved Richard.
(c) Marina is dead.
(d) He believes they will survive the situation.
7. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(b) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(c) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
(d) A personal prison in Itagüí.
8. What do the guards use to hide Pacho's face as they drive to his release point?
(a) A makeshift hood from an old sweat suit.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A ski mask.
(d) A book.
9. What dilemma do judges often face in Medellín?
(a) Comply with a law that allows drug traffickers free or overstep their power and imprison them.
(b) Threats to buy into drug traffickers' bribes or be killed.
(c) Uphold the law and send family members to prison or quit the position.
(d) Let a drug trafficker free or allow his family to be killed.
10. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
11. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
(a) He invites all her friends and family to their home to welcome her back.
(b) He dresses up and waits with the children at their home.
(c) He redecorates the house for her homecoming.
(d) He buys dozens of flowers and favorite foods.
12. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
13. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
(a) With curiosity but complacency.
(b) They are angry at the rise in crime.
(c) They are afraid to say anything.
(d) They look at him as their Robin Hood.
14. What remark does Escobar say about "Colombia Wants Them Back"?
(a) He tells the producers the program is useless.
(b) He finds the program selfish for focusing only on the rich and famous.
(c) He says he hears them, but they are not factors in the decision.
(d) He respects their call for human rights.
15. What is Maruja's reaction to the communiqué concerning her impending release?
(a) She is in shock.
(b) She is ecstatic.
(c) She does not believe it to be true.
(d) She is doubtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor begins to spread near the end of January?
2. What are the guards' orders if there is a rescue mission for Pacho Santos?
3. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
4. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
5. How does Escobar receive Father Herreros request to meet?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)