|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Escobar when he is imprisoned?
2. What stops Pacho from considering suicide?
(a) A column in "El Tiempo" specifically telling Pacho not to think about it.
(b) A deep conversation with one of the guards.
(c) Rereading a letter he wrote to his wife while imprisoned.
(d) A picture of his family in the paper.
3. What surprise do the reporters and Pacho's family get when they see Pacho?
(a) He is fatter and more spirited than expected.
(b) He is more broken in spirit than expected.
(c) He is in tears despite his known stoicism.
(d) He is speechless despite his known loquaciousness.
4. What is one thing that can break Maruja's bond with the nicer set of guards?
(a) Her atheism.
(b) Her judging character.
(c) Her zealous religiousness.
(d) Her inability to play Nintendo.
5. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
(a) He buys dozens of flowers and favorite foods.
(b) He invites all her friends and family to their home to welcome her back.
(c) He dresses up and waits with the children at their home.
(d) He redecorates the house for her homecoming.
6. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
(a) The guards are too drunk and rowdy for her.
(b) She is appalled at the treatment of Maruja.
(c) The majordomo pushes her out a window.
(d) She leaves with the children to visit her ailing mother.
7. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
(a) Take walks to clear her mind.
(b) Write Alberto Villamizar a letter.
(c) Write Escobar a letter.
(d) Ask the majordomo nicely for better treatment.
8. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) A letter from Escobar.
(b) Maruja's rings.
(c) Maruja's purse.
(d) A letter from Escobar's mother.
9. What dramatic move does Escobar perform when he meets Pataquiva?
(a) Politely introduces himself as if they were in business.
(b) Slowly shakes his hand and silently nods.
(c) Hugs the man.
(d) Slowly takes out the bullets from his ankle pistol.
10. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
(b) Worse than the other guards.
11. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
(a) A guard unknowingly drops a knife under Pacho's bed.
(b) A night guard passes out before he can chain Pacho to the bed.
(c) Pacho sees a weak spot in the bathroom window that he believes he can break through.
(d) All the guards leave him to watch a futbol championship game.
12. Where does Father Herreros start his involvement concerning Escobar?
(a) With the Monkey.
(b) With the Ochoa brothers.
(c) With Alberto Villamizar.
(d) With President Gaviria.
13. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
(a) They are angry at the rise in crime.
(b) With curiosity but complacency.
(c) They are afraid to say anything.
(d) They look at him as their Robin Hood.
14. In 1991, about how many murders occurs in Medellín each day?
15. What does Alberto personally offer in exchange for Maruja's freedom?
(a) To support Escobar's family when he goes to prison.
(b) A personal talk with President Gaviria.
(c) A personal prison in Itagüí.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the selected day for Maruja's and Pacho's release?
2. What does Escobar do to prove his war with Marquez is over?
3. What does Jonás tell Maruja and Beatriz before he leaves duty?
4. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
5. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)