|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) She sees an armed guard right outside.
(b) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
(c) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
(d) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
2. What does the majordomo tell Maruja when he hands her a radio?
(a) Diana is dead.
(b) Beatriz is well.
(c) Marina is dead.
(d) He is not responsible for what she hears.
3. When is the only time Pacho Santos is required to remain quiet?
(a) When the landlady comes by for the monthly rent.
(b) At every 7:30 evening news.
(c) When an important futbol game is on.
(d) When Escobar calls the house to check on the guards.
4. According to the "El Especador," what new demand is Escobar asking for?
(a) A new Constituent Assembly vote.
(b) Exile of Maza Marquez.
(c) That Villamizar be Escobar's government liaison.
(d) A new prisoner director.
5. What mysteriously arrives at Villamizar's door after life has seemingly returned to normal?
(a) Maruja's purse.
(b) Maruja's rings.
(c) A letter from Escobar's mother.
(d) A letter from Escobar.
6. The attitude shown during days of waiting for Father Herreros and Escobar to meet can be described as __________.
(a) Relieving for Villamizar.
(b) Impatient for Father Herreros.
(c) Impatient for Escobar.
(d) Anxious for the Monkey.
7. Who cries for Marina's absence the first night she is gone?
8. How does Alberto Villamizar prepare for his reunion with Maruja?
(a) He dresses up and waits with the children at their home.
(b) He buys dozens of flowers and favorite foods.
(c) He invites all her friends and family to their home to welcome her back.
(d) He redecorates the house for her homecoming.
9. Maruja's new guards that come in February can be described as ____________.
(c) Worse than the other guards.
10. What is Escobar's army to do when he surrenders?
(a) They plan to leave the country a day before Escobar's date of surrender.
(b) They are tried separately for their crimes.
(c) They are free to go since there is no direct evidence linked to them.
(d) The main captains are to surrender and be imprisoned with him.
11. Where does Alberto go to visit the Ochoa brothers?
(b) Don Fabio's home.
(c) Martha Nieves' home.
(d) Itagüí prison.
12. What concerns Escobar when watching "God's Minute"?
(a) Father Herreros condemns the Medellín boys for killing police officers.
(b) Father Herreros announces his retirement from the show.
(c) Father Herreros apparently calls Escobar an unrepentant pornographer.
(d) Father Herreros condemns Escobar's followers for not being able to think for themselves.
13. What does Maruja threaten to do if she does not receive a radio and television?
(a) Stop talking to the majordomo and Damaris.
(b) To yell at the top of her lungs.
(c) Stop taking her medicines.
(d) Stop eating.
14. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
(a) The guards are too drunk and rowdy for her.
(b) The majordomo pushes her out a window.
(c) She leaves with the children to visit her ailing mother.
(d) She is appalled at the treatment of Maruja.
15. What is Escobar's main negotiation issue with only Maruja and Pacho left as hostages?
(a) Security of his money while he is imprisoned.
(b) A prison he is willing to surrender to.
(c) The safety of the Medellín boys in the slums.
(d) Safety of his family when he surrenders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What negotiation does Escobar initiate on his own?
2. Who goes through a social change from a fearful victim to public star?
3. What does "Doctor" suggest Maruja do when they talk?
4. When Escobar first begins his business with the drug cartel, how do the people of Medellín view them?
5. How does don Fabio receive Villamizar's request for help?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)