|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
(b) Heart ailments.
2. In Dr. Guerrero's state with his wife kidnapped, what does he decide to do?
(a) Move in with his family for support.
(b) Close his practice for the time being.
(c) Concentrate on his work even more.
(d) See a psychotherapist.
3. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 27.
(b) August 30.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 7.
4. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A physical therapist.
(b) A psychotherapist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
5. What occurs as a consequence of the Priscos' execution?
(a) Escobar refuses further negotiations for the time being.
(b) There is an order to retaliate against the police in Medellín.
(c) There is an order to kill Pacho Santos.
(d) There is an order to kill Marina.
6. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(a) Bare and sterile.
(b) Meticulously clean.
(c) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
7. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
(a) Maruja and Beatriz.
(b) Diana Turbay.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Richard Becerro.
8. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(b) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
(c) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(d) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
9. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(b) She starts a diary.
(c) She gives up hope.
(d) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
10. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
11. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
(a) She drinks and tries drugs with the guards.
(b) She dances all night without music.
(c) Quietly in the corner.
(d) Laughing and joking with the guards.
12. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
13. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
(a) The Ochoa brothers.
(b) Nieves brothers.
(c) Priscos brothers.
(d) Don Pacho.
14. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(b) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(c) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(d) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
15. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(b) Over the counter ibuprofen.
(d) More reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diana die?
2. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
3. Why is Beatriz a target?
4. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
5. Where is the first hiding place located?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)