|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
(a) She throws her jewelry at them, thinking it is a burglary.
(b) She attempts to hide on the floor of the car.
(c) She spits at the first man and starts running.
(d) She is paralyzed and cannot move.
2. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
(a) The size of Escobar's entourage when Luis meets him.
(b) A dead girl lying on the side of the road in Medellín.
(c) Escobar's message to Luis via Rosalía.
(d) The random taxi driver in Medellín works for Escobar.
3. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
(b) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(c) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
(d) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
4. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(b) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(c) The guards take away the radio and television.
(d) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
5. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
(a) Eating disorder.
6. Who is the first person freed?
(a) Juan Vitta.
(b) Hero Buss.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Richard Becerra.
7. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Alvaro Diego.
(b) Marìa Santiago.
(c) Germán Montoya.
(d) Marina Montoya.
8. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(a) Marina Montoya.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Diana Turbay.
9. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
(a) The previous week.
(b) The same day.
(c) Three months earlier.
(d) Spring of 1990.
10. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her teeth.
(b) By her eyes.
(c) By her hands.
(d) By her well-known high cheekbones.
11. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
(a) A man in black watching her.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Monk's mask as a skull.
(d) The German Shepherd with a devilish grin on her.
12. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She gives up hope.
(b) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(c) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(d) She starts a diary.
13. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(b) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(c) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(d) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
14. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
(a) César Gaviria.
(b) The media.
(c) Former president Turbay.
(d) Hernando Santos.
15. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 7.
(b) November 27.
(c) October 31.
(d) August 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
2. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
3. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
4. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
5. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)