|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(b) He is Escobar's right hand man.
(c) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
(d) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
2. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
(a) That Parra is a crooked opportunist.
(b) That Parra is a serious man but with no real direction.
(c) That Parra is a brilliant negotiator.
(d) That Parra is dangerous for his intelligence of the law.
3. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(b) She starts a diary.
(c) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(d) She gives up hope.
4. Who handles the negotiations for Escobar?
(a) Guido Parra Montoya.
(b) Juan Gomez.
(c) Manuel Perez.
(d) Don Pacho.
5. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Rafael Pardo.
(b) Guido Parra.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Alberto Villamizar.
6. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Luis Carlos Galán, Maruja's brother in-law.
(b) Luis Carlos Galán, Beatriz's brother.
(c) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(d) Gloria Pachón, Beatriz's sister.
7. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
(a) A dead girl lying on the side of the road in Medellín.
(b) The size of Escobar's entourage when Luis meets him.
(c) The random taxi driver in Medellín works for Escobar.
(d) Escobar's message to Luis via Rosalía.
8. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
(a) Maruja and Beatriz.
(b) Richard Becerro.
(c) Diana Turbay.
(d) Francisco Santos.
9. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(b) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
(c) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(d) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
10. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
(a) Lack of evidence to convict.
(b) Retaliation from the cartel.
(c) Inability to extradite the suspect.
(d) Public safety during the attempts to physically capture any of the terrorists.
11. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A psychotherapist.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
12. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
13. What is Marina's condition when she is called by the guards to get ready to leave?
(a) Oblivious to the threat of being a hostage.
(b) Ready and waiting.
(c) Full of anticipation of release.
14. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
(a) President Gaviria is putting more forces to work to help negotiate with Parra.
(b) Another decree is being worked on to amend the first rejected one.
(c) Nydia has leads on Escobar is location.
(d) Pardo's department receives a minicassette from Maruja.
15. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
(a) He helps write the drug trafficking laws.
(b) He is the man that ousted the Virgilio Barco government.
(c) He had been Secretary General to the President.
(d) He is responsible for the M-19 downfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
2. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
3. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
4. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
5. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)