|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the first person freed?
(a) November 26.
(b) November 22.
(c) December 7.
(d) December 12.
2. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Guido Parra.
(b) Alberto Villamizar.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Rafael Pardo.
3. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(c) They do not acknowledge it.
(d) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
4. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
(a) He is responsible for the M-19 downfall.
(b) He helps write the drug trafficking laws.
(c) He is the man that ousted the Virgilio Barco government.
(d) He had been Secretary General to the President.
5. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
6. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
(a) Pacho's guards are much more informal.
(b) Pacho's guards are worse than the women's guards.
(c) Pacho's guards are hardly present.
(d) Pacho's guards are just as harsh.
7. In Dr. Guerrero's state with his wife kidnapped, what does he decide to do?
(a) Close his practice for the time being.
(b) Concentrate on his work even more.
(c) See a psychotherapist.
(d) Move in with his family for support.
8. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
(c) Cardamom seeds.
(d) Sunflower seeds.
9. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(b) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(c) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(d) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
10. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
(b) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
(c) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(d) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
11. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Alvaro Diego.
(b) Germán Montoya.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Marìa Santiago.
12. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
(b) Decree 303.
(c) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
(d) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
13. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
(a) She is told she can write apology letters to her crew's families.
(b) She turns to praying to the Holy Infant.
(c) She is told she can write letters to her husband.
(d) She is told she will have an interview with Escobar.
14. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(a) Meticulously clean.
(c) Bare and sterile.
(d) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
15. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
(a) Angelina Ochoa.
(c) Martha Nieves.
(d) Nydia Quintero.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
2. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
3. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
4. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
5. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)