|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Germán Montoya an important man?
(a) He helps write the drug trafficking laws.
(b) He is responsible for the M-19 downfall.
(c) He is the man that ousted the Virgilio Barco government.
(d) He had been Secretary General to the President.
2. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(b) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
(c) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(d) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
3. How do the guards discover that it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) Beatriz and Marina sing "Happy Birthday" to Maruja.
(b) From one of Maruja's optimistic games.
(c) Maruja makes a fuss about it.
(d) During a television show by her children.
4. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
(a) Rafael Pardo.
(b) No one.
(d) Dr. Guerrero.
5. What does Maruja use to help ease her anxiety during the car ride to the hiding place?
(a) Cardamom seeds.
(b) Sunflower seeds.
6. In what state does Villamizar find Hernando Santos and former president Turbay when he visits them for the first time after Maruja's kidnapping?
(a) Santos and Turbay are discouraged.
(b) Santos and Turbay believe their children are already dead.
(c) Santos and Turbay are still in a fervor to find their children.
(d) Santos and Turbay turn to prayer as their only hope.
7. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Marìa Santiago.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Alvaro Diego.
(d) Germán Montoya.
8. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A physical therapist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A psychotherapist.
(d) A doctor.
9. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
10. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
(a) Quietly in the corner.
(b) She drinks and tries drugs with the guards.
(c) She dances all night without music.
(d) Laughing and joking with the guards.
11. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
(b) Eating disorder.
12. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
(a) The media.
(b) César Gaviria.
(c) Former president Turbay.
(d) Hernando Santos.
13. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
(a) Pacho talks of clues in a minicassette sent to the family to prove he's alive.
(b) Hernando's friend recognizes Pacho's voice coming from an abandoned house.
(c) Guido Parra slips during a negotiation with the Notables.
(d) Pacho reads a headline from a local edition newspaper on a minicassette to prove he's alive.
14. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
(a) Bombings and assassinations.
(b) The killings of their children.
(c) Assassination of the president.
(d) More abductions.
15. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
(a) The random taxi driver in Medellín works for Escobar.
(b) The size of Escobar's entourage when Luis meets him.
(c) Escobar's message to Luis via Rosalía.
(d) A dead girl lying on the side of the road in Medellín.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
2. How are Pacho's guards compared to Maruja and Beatriz's guards?
3. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
4. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
5. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)