|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of execution.
(b) A sign from the Holy Infant.
(c) The women in the family.
(d) The fear of extradition.
2. In Dr. Guerrero's state with his wife kidnapped, what does he decide to do?
(a) See a psychotherapist.
(b) Move in with his family for support.
(c) Close his practice for the time being.
(d) Concentrate on his work even more.
3. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
4. Who handles the negotiations for Escobar?
(a) Don Pacho.
(b) Manuel Perez.
(c) Guido Parra Montoya.
(d) Juan Gomez.
5. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
(a) Political treatment as the guerrillas get them.
(c) Minimum punishment if they turn themselves in.
(d) A safe security prison.
6. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her hands.
(b) By her eyes.
(c) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(d) By her teeth.
7. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
(a) The men are known to be hotheads and make further trouble.
(b) Both men suffer from chronic health issues.
(c) There is no one fighting for their husband and son's lives.
(d) They are not in a position to give the Extraditables what they want.
8. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
(a) Through a radio announcement.
(b) Maruja tells them.
(c) Marina tells them.
(d) From a television news report.
9. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
(d) Eating disorder.
10. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
(a) Pacho talks of clues in a minicassette sent to the family to prove he's alive.
(b) Hernando's friend recognizes Pacho's voice coming from an abandoned house.
(c) Guido Parra slips during a negotiation with the Notables.
(d) Pacho reads a headline from a local edition newspaper on a minicassette to prove he's alive.
11. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) The guards take away the radio and television.
(b) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(c) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
(d) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
12. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Francisco Santos.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Diana Turbay.
(d) Melina Guevara.
13. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Guido Parra.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) A doctor.
14. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
(b) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
(c) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
(d) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
15. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(b) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(c) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(d) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
2. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
3. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
4. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
5. When is the first person freed?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)