|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of October, what does Diana learn is distressing Azucena?
(a) Azucena is having hallucinations.
(b) Azucena believes she is pregnant.
(c) Azucena's father is in the hospital.
(d) Azucena's wedding anniversary is coming up.
2. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of extradition.
(b) A sign from the Holy Infant.
(c) The fear of execution.
(d) The women in the family.
3. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
(a) Angelina Ochoa.
(c) Martha Nieves.
(d) Nydia Quintero.
4. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
(b) Heart ailments.
5. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
(a) There is no one fighting for their husband and son's lives.
(b) They are not in a position to give the Extraditables what they want.
(c) Both men suffer from chronic health issues.
(d) The men are known to be hotheads and make further trouble.
6. What complaints do the women in the drug traffickers' family have?
(a) Police brutality.
(b) Unfair punishments for the men in their lives.
(c) Fear for their lives if they talk with Nydia.
(d) Unpredictable behavior seen in Escobar.
7. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She gives up hope.
(b) She starts a diary.
(c) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(d) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
8. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) Maza Márquez.
(b) Diego Montaña Cuéllar.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) President Gaviria.
9. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her teeth.
(b) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(c) By her hands.
(d) By her eyes.
10. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
(a) Priscos brothers.
(b) Don Pacho.
(c) Nieves brothers.
(d) The Ochoa brothers.
11. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(b) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(c) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(d) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
12. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(b) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(c) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(d) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
13. Who is the first president to allow extradition of Colombian nationals?
(a) César Gaviria.
(b) Virgilio Barco.
(c) Belisario Betancur.
(d) Julio César Turbay.
14. Who does Villamizar call for help?
(a) Julio César, another hostage's family member.
(b) Manuel Perez, a friend of Alberto's.
(c) César Gaviria, the President.
(d) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
15. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
(a) She dances all night without music.
(b) Quietly in the corner.
(c) Laughing and joking with the guards.
(d) She drinks and tries drugs with the guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
2. What is Marina's condition when she is called by the guards to get ready to leave?
3. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
4. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
5. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)