|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the first person freed?
(a) December 12.
(b) November 22.
(c) November 26.
(d) December 7.
2. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
(a) A gold chain and cross from Diana.
(b) A minicasette from Diana.
(c) A letter from Diana.
(d) A letter from Don Pacho.
3. Who does Villamizar call for help?
(a) César Gaviria, the President.
(b) Manuel Perez, a friend of Alberto's.
(c) Julio César, another hostage's family member.
(d) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
4. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
(a) In the cemetery for the homeless.
(b) In the family cemetery plot.
(c) In a mass grave with other unidentified bodies.
(d) At a cemetery dedicated to martyrs.
5. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
(a) The media.
(b) César Gaviria.
(c) Former president Turbay.
(d) Hernando Santos.
6. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
(a) Lifetime imprisonment.
(b) Death penalty.
(d) Multiple sentences.
7. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
(a) The same day.
(b) The previous week.
(c) Three months earlier.
(d) Spring of 1990.
8. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Secure prison from his enemies.
(b) Safety for his family.
(c) Extradition issue.
(d) Multiple sentences issue.
9. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) The guards take away the radio and television.
(b) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(c) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
(d) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
10. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
(a) He is thrown out of the car and left behind.
(b) He is hit unconscious.
(c) He is shot to death.
(d) He is temporarily knocked out with chloroform.
11. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) Escobar's freedom.
(b) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
(c) A drug trafficker's punishment.
(d) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
12. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Alvaro Diego.
(b) Germán Montoya.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Marìa Santiago.
13. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
(a) Radio and newspapers.
(b) Radio and television.
(c) Magazines and television.
(d) Newspapers and magazines.
14. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
(a) Through his sister-in-law.
(b) Through Guido Parra.
(c) Through the Ochoa sisters.
(d) Through the Ochoa brothers.
15. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
(c) Heart ailments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reality hits Luis Guillermo of Pablo Escobar's power?
2. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
3. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
4. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
5. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)