|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
(a) The Ochoa brothers.
(b) Don Pacho.
(c) Nieves brothers.
(d) Priscos brothers.
2. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Gloria Pachón, Beatriz's sister.
(b) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(c) Luis Carlos Galán, Maruja's brother in-law.
(d) Luis Carlos Galán, Beatriz's brother.
3. Who becomes a strong supporter for Hernando Santos when his son, Francisco Santos, is abducted?
(a) His brother.
(b) His daughter-in-law.
(c) His other sons.
(d) His wife.
4. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Guido Parra.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) A doctor.
5. Where is the first hiding place located?
(a) La Calera.
(b) La Tercera.
(c) El Calle.
(d) La Castellanos.
6. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(b) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(c) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(d) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
7. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
(a) The up market clothes and well-groomed nails.
(b) Hair similarities.
(c) Dental records.
(d) A tattoo.
8. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
(a) They can talk freely in regular voice volumes.
(b) They can go to the bathroom when they wish.
(c) They can stand without asking for permission.
(d) They can request certain meals a few times a week.
9. When are Maruja and Beatriz kidnapped?
(a) November 7.
(b) August 30.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 27.
10. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
(a) Through the Ochoa brothers.
(b) Through his sister-in-law.
(c) Through Guido Parra.
(d) Through the Ochoa sisters.
11. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(b) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(c) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
(d) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
12. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) Hung in public.
(b) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(c) Bullets to the head.
(d) One cut to the throat.
13. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
(a) He is shot to death.
(b) He is temporarily knocked out with chloroform.
(c) He is hit unconscious.
(d) He is thrown out of the car and left behind.
14. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(a) Over the counter ibuprofen.
(d) More reading.
15. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
(a) Maruja and Beatriz.
(b) Richard Becerro.
(c) Francisco Santos.
(d) Diana Turbay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
2. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
3. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
4. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
5. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)