|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
(b) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
(c) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
(d) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
2. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Extradition issue.
(b) Secure prison from his enemies.
(c) Safety for his family.
(d) Multiple sentences issue.
3. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
(b) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
(c) Two hours of solitude a day.
(d) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
4. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) Bullets to the head.
(b) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(c) One cut to the throat.
(d) Hung in public.
5. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) The guards take away the radio and television.
(b) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(c) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(d) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
6. For whom does Maruja work?
(a) National Radio Network.
(b) She is an actress.
(d) Parque Nacional.
7. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(b) She starts a diary.
(c) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(d) She gives up hope.
8. How does Diana die?
(a) From a random gunshot wound to her waist.
(b) She is shot and left behind.
(c) An Elite Corps member shoots her after mistaking her as one of Escobar's men.
(d) The kidnappers kill her before they flee during the raid.
9. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
(a) Escobar's freedom.
(b) Escobar's ability to gain office in government.
(c) A drug trafficker's punishment.
(d) A drug trafficker's ability to leave Colombia.
10. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(b) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(c) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(d) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
11. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(a) Francisco Santos.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Diana Turbay.
12. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Alberto Villamizar.
(b) Manuel Perez.
(c) Rodrigo lara Bonilla.
(d) Luis Carlos Galán.
13. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(b) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(c) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(d) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
14. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
(a) They bring champagne and cake to celebrate.
(b) They give her a cupcake for dessert.
(c) They let her walk outside the enclosed courtyard as a gift.
(d) They allow her to write a letter to send to her husband.
15. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A psychotherapist.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
2. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
3. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
4. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
5. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)