|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
(b) Political treatment as the guerrillas get them.
(c) A safe security prison.
(d) Minimum punishment if they turn themselves in.
2. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Germán Montoya.
(b) Alvaro Diego.
(c) Marìa Santiago.
(d) Marina Montoya.
3. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
(a) Through Guido Parra.
(b) Through the Ochoa brothers.
(c) Through the Ochoa sisters.
(d) Through his sister-in-law.
4. When is the first person freed?
(a) December 7.
(b) November 22.
(c) November 26.
(d) December 12.
5. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
(a) They will release one hostage.
(b) They will release all remaining hostages.
(c) They request another negotiation.
(d) They will continue with the executions.
6. For whom does Maruja work?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) Parque Nacional.
(d) National Radio Network.
7. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
(a) National Narcotics Statute of 1985.
(b) Decree 303.
(c) Decree 3030.
(d) Decree 2047.
8. What does Maruja give herself to keep her sanity?
(a) One-on-one conversations with Beatriz to keep focus on reality.
(b) Two hours of solitude a day.
(c) A time for prayer to the Holy Infant once a day.
(d) A cigarette as soon as she wakes up to the gloomy mornings.
9. What major drug trafficker(s) accept Decree 3030?
(a) Don Pacho.
(b) The Ochoa brothers.
(c) Nieves brothers.
(d) Priscos brothers.
10. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
(a) They share good memories with one another.
(b) They pretend they are at Maruja's apartment.
(c) They play games with the guards.
(d) They visualize their release.
11. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
12. What is Manuel Perez famous for?
(a) He is the co-founder of New Liberalism.
(b) He is Escobar's right hand man.
(c) He is the leader of the Army of National Liberation.
(d) He is the director of "El Tiempo."
13. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) Worried for her life.
(b) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
(d) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
14. When Azucena is released, what does she give Nydia Quintero?
(a) A minicasette from Diana.
(b) A letter from Diana.
(c) A letter from Don Pacho.
(d) A gold chain and cross from Diana.
15. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
(b) Death penalty.
(c) Multiple sentences.
(d) Lifetime imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
2. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
3. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
4. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
5. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)