|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
2. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
(b) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
(c) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(d) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
3. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(b) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(c) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(d) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
4. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
(a) A safe security prison.
(c) Political treatment as the guerrillas get them.
(d) Minimum punishment if they turn themselves in.
5. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A psychotherapist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A physical therapist.
(d) A teacher.
6. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
(a) A man in black watching her.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Monk's mask as a skull.
(d) The German Shepherd with a devilish grin on her.
7. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
(b) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(c) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(d) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
8. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
(b) Dr. Guerrero.
(c) Rafael Pardo.
(d) No one.
9. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Extradition issue.
(b) Secure prison from his enemies.
(c) Safety for his family.
(d) Multiple sentences issue.
10. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
(c) Don Pacho's favorite.
(d) The least worthy.
11. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
(d) Heart ailments.
12. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
13. How does Marina spend her New Year's Eve?
(a) She dances all night without music.
(b) She drinks and tries drugs with the guards.
(c) Quietly in the corner.
(d) Laughing and joking with the guards.
14. Where is the first hiding place located?
(a) El Calle.
(b) La Tercera.
(c) La Castellanos.
(d) La Calera.
15. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(a) Diana Turbay.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Francisco Santos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
2. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
3. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
4. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
5. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)