|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
(a) The least worthy.
(d) Don Pacho's favorite.
2. If the drug traffickers turn themselves in, what law gives drug traffickers immunity from the punishment that most of them fear?
(a) National Narcotics Statute of 1985.
(b) Decree 303.
(c) Decree 2047.
(d) Decree 3030.
3. How do the guards discover that it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) During a television show by her children.
(b) Beatriz and Marina sing "Happy Birthday" to Maruja.
(c) From one of Maruja's optimistic games.
(d) Maruja makes a fuss about it.
4. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(b) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
(c) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
(d) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
5. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
(a) The boss seems to detest her whenever he visits.
(b) The guards treat her the worst.
(c) The guards did not hide their faces before Maruja and Beatriz arrived.
(d) Marina frustrates the women as well as the guards.
6. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(b) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
(c) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(d) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
7. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
(a) Hair similarities.
(b) The up market clothes and well-groomed nails.
(c) A tattoo.
(d) Dental records.
8. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
(a) Diana and her crew are in the middle of a busy city.
(b) Diana and her crew know exactly where they are.
(c) Diana and her crew are usually in shacks rather than a house.
(d) Diana's group is closer to Medellín and not in Bogotá.
9. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
(a) They can request certain meals a few times a week.
(b) They can go to the bathroom when they wish.
(c) They can stand without asking for permission.
(d) They can talk freely in regular voice volumes.
10. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
(b) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(c) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
(d) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
11. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of execution.
(b) A sign from the Holy Infant.
(c) The fear of extradition.
(d) The women in the family.
12. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
(a) They are not in a position to give the Extraditables what they want.
(b) There is no one fighting for their husband and son's lives.
(c) Both men suffer from chronic health issues.
(d) The men are known to be hotheads and make further trouble.
13. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
(a) Former president Turbay.
(b) César Gaviria.
(c) Hernando Santos.
(d) The media.
14. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(b) Virgilio Barco.
(d) New Liberalism.
15. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) One cut to the throat.
(b) Hung in public.
(c) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(d) Bullets to the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
2. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
3. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
4. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
5. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)