|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Maruja work?
(a) Parque Nacional.
(b) National Radio Network.
(d) She is an actress.
2. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
(b) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
(c) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
(d) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
3. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
(b) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
(c) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(d) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
4. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(b) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
(c) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
(d) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
5. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(c) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(d) They do not acknowledge it.
6. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
(b) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
(d) Worried for her life.
7. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Coffee and cigarettes.
(b) Breakfast and cigarettes.
(c) Fresh air time and coffee.
(d) Cigarettes and magazines.
8. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
9. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
10. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Alberto Villamizar.
(c) Guido Parra.
(d) Rafael Pardo.
11. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
(a) Death penalty.
(c) Lifetime imprisonment.
(d) Multiple sentences.
12. How does Luis Guillermo Pérez, Marina's son, confirm her identity?
(a) By her well-known high cheekbones.
(b) By her hands.
(c) By her eyes.
(d) By her teeth.
13. Where is the first hiding place located?
(a) La Tercera.
(b) El Calle.
(c) La Calera.
(d) La Castellanos.
14. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
(a) That Parra is a crooked opportunist.
(b) That Parra is dangerous for his intelligence of the law.
(c) That Parra is a brilliant negotiator.
(d) That Parra is a serious man but with no real direction.
15. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
(a) The killings of their children.
(b) More abductions.
(c) Assassination of the president.
(d) Bombings and assassinations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
2. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
3. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
4. Who does Villamizar call for help?
5. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)