|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She starts a diary.
(b) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(c) She gives up hope.
(d) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
2. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
(a) She throws her jewelry at them, thinking it is a burglary.
(b) She is paralyzed and cannot move.
(c) She attempts to hide on the floor of the car.
(d) She spits at the first man and starts running.
3. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) Prisoner's overalls.
(b) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
(c) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(d) Sweat suits.
4. For whom does Maruja work?
(a) Parque Nacional.
(b) National Radio Network.
(c) She is an actress.
5. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(b) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
(c) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(d) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
6. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
(a) They let her walk outside the enclosed courtyard as a gift.
(b) They bring champagne and cake to celebrate.
(c) They give her a cupcake for dessert.
(d) They allow her to write a letter to send to her husband.
7. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
(a) Nydia has leads on Escobar is location.
(b) Another decree is being worked on to amend the first rejected one.
(c) Pardo's department receives a minicassette from Maruja.
(d) President Gaviria is putting more forces to work to help negotiate with Parra.
8. Why do Orlando's wife and Richard's mother worry their relatives will be the first to die?
(a) There is no one fighting for their husband and son's lives.
(b) Both men suffer from chronic health issues.
(c) The men are known to be hotheads and make further trouble.
(d) They are not in a position to give the Extraditables what they want.
9. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
(b) Francisco Santos.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Diana Turbay.
10. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Coffee and cigarettes.
(b) Fresh air time and coffee.
(c) Breakfast and cigarettes.
(d) Cigarettes and magazines.
11. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
(b) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(c) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(d) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
12. The guards watching Diana and her crew can be described as _____________.
(a) Uneducated farmhands.
(b) Always calm.
(d) Boys and men in poor condition.
13. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(b) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
(c) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(d) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
14. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
(a) In the cemetery for the homeless.
(b) In a mass grave with other unidentified bodies.
(c) At a cemetery dedicated to martyrs.
(d) In the family cemetery plot.
15. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
(b) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
(c) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
(d) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
2. Why is Beatriz a target?
3. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
4. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
5. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)