|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
(a) Angelina Ochoa.
(b) Martha Nieves.
(c) Nydia Quintero.
2. What forms of communication do Maruja and Beatriz have from the outside world?
(a) Magazines and television.
(b) Radio and newspapers.
(c) Radio and television.
(d) Newspapers and magazines.
3. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(b) Virgilio Barco.
(d) New Liberalism.
4. Of the noted men that turn themselves in after Decree 3030, what is the biggest influence that causes them to surrender?
(a) The fear of execution.
(b) The fear of extradition.
(c) The women in the family.
(d) A sign from the Holy Infant.
5. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(b) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(c) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
(d) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
6. When Diana's crew learns of Maruja's abduction, how do they feel?
(a) Worried for her life.
(c) They will be saved since more people will work to save them.
(d) They will be let go soon since she is more important.
7. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Melina Guevara.
(b) Marina Montoya.
(c) Diana Turbay.
(d) Francisco Santos.
8. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
9. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
(a) She spits at the first man and starts running.
(b) She throws her jewelry at them, thinking it is a burglary.
(c) She attempts to hide on the floor of the car.
(d) She is paralyzed and cannot move.
10. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) Diego Montaña Cuéllar.
(b) Rafael Pardo.
(c) Maza Márquez.
(d) President Gaviria.
11. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
12. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
(b) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
(c) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
(d) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
13. How does Nydia achieve contact with Escobar?
(a) Through the Ochoa brothers.
(b) Through the Ochoa sisters.
(c) Through Guido Parra.
(d) Through his sister-in-law.
14. What do the guards mistake Beatriz's profession to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A psychotherapist.
(d) A teacher.
15. What sign of mental stress, previously seen in Marina, does Maruja now display?
(d) Eating disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
2. Which hostage is no longer worth a bargain?
3. From what does Marina suffer by the time Maruja and Beatriz meet her?
4. How does law enforcement identify the body of the first hostage executed?
5. Who is allowed to visit Marina and Beatriz in January?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)