|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
(b) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(c) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
(d) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
2. Maruja and Beatriz see who at their second hiding place?
(a) Alvaro Diego.
(b) Germán Montoya.
(c) Marìa Santiago.
(d) Marina Montoya.
3. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Looks out a window.
(b) Records details of her imprisonment.
(c) Watches television all day long.
(d) Talks to the guards.
4. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
(a) Marina frustrates the women as well as the guards.
(b) The guards treat her the worst.
(c) The guards did not hide their faces before Maruja and Beatriz arrived.
(d) The boss seems to detest her whenever he visits.
5. Who handles the negotiations for Escobar?
(a) Guido Parra Montoya.
(b) Juan Gomez.
(c) Don Pacho.
(d) Manuel Perez.
6. How many guards are there for Maruja, Beatriz, and the other woman held together in one room?
7. Who exposes Escobar when he attempts to infiltrate the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Rodrigo lara Bonilla.
(b) Manuel Perez.
(c) Luis Carlos Galán.
(d) Alberto Villamizar.
8. How do the guards prevent Maruja from learning about the retaliation for the Priscos' death?
(a) The guards stop bringing in the newspapers.
(b) The guards do not allow television and radio for a week.
(c) New guards are brought in that know nothing about the past.
(d) The guards take away the radio and television.
9. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(c) Over the counter ibuprofen.
(d) More reading.
10. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
(a) That Parra is a crooked opportunist.
(b) That Parra is a serious man but with no real direction.
(c) That Parra is a brilliant negotiator.
(d) That Parra is dangerous for his intelligence of the law.
11. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Marina Montoya.
(b) Francisco Santos.
(c) Diana Turbay.
(d) Melina Guevara.
12. How do the guards react to knowing it is Maruja's birthday?
(a) They do not acknowledge it.
(b) They give her extra lentils for lunch.
(c) They tell Maruja to stop whining about it.
(d) They are sympathetic.
13. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
14. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
(a) Bombings and assassinations.
(b) The killings of their children.
(c) More abductions.
(d) Assassination of the president.
15. The feelings of the kidnappers during the abduction can be described as __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
2. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
3. What do drug traffickers fear most for punishment?
4. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
5. Who begins a personal campaign to contact Escobar?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)