|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded the New Liberalism Party?
(a) Luis Carlos Galán, Maruja's brother in-law.
(b) Gloria Pachón, Beatriz's sister.
(c) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
(d) Luis Carlos Galán, Beatriz's brother.
2. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
(a) Monk's mask as a skull.
(b) The German Shepherd with a devilish grin on her.
(c) A man in black watching her.
(d) A ghost.
3. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
(b) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(c) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(d) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
4. How does Diana die?
(a) From a random gunshot wound to her waist.
(b) An Elite Corps member shoots her after mistaking her as one of Escobar's men.
(c) She is shot and left behind.
(d) The kidnappers kill her before they flee during the raid.
5. What happens to Maruja's chauffeur?
(a) He is temporarily knocked out with chloroform.
(b) He is shot to death.
(c) He is thrown out of the car and left behind.
(d) He is hit unconscious.
6. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Francisco Santos.
(b) Diana Turbay.
(c) Marina Montoya.
(d) Melina Guevara.
7. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
(a) Pardo's department receives a minicassette from Maruja.
(b) President Gaviria is putting more forces to work to help negotiate with Parra.
(c) Nydia has leads on Escobar is location.
(d) Another decree is being worked on to amend the first rejected one.
8. How is Diana distracted after her separation from Azucena?
(a) She is told she will have an interview with Escobar.
(b) She is told she can write apology letters to her crew's families.
(c) She is told she can write letters to her husband.
(d) She turns to praying to the Holy Infant.
9. How is the first hostage executed by the terrorists?
(a) Numerous bullets throughout the trunk of the body.
(b) Hung in public.
(c) One cut to the throat.
(d) Bullets to the head.
10. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
(a) Minimum punishment if they turn themselves in.
(b) A safe security prison.
(c) Political treatment as the guerrillas get them.
11. From the list below, which is one example of the relaxed freedom given to Marina, Maruja, and Beatriz?
(a) They can talk freely in regular voice volumes.
(b) They can request certain meals a few times a week.
(c) They can go to the bathroom when they wish.
(d) They can stand without asking for permission.
12. According to the head of the National Police, why is there an armed raid that rescues Diana and Richard?
(a) It is by the orders of Maza Márquez.
(b) The raid is meant to seize Escobar.
(c) It is by the orders of Rafael Pardo.
(d) Gaviria orders the operation because of information from anonymous phone calls.
13. To what game does Diana compare the negotiations?
14. What is Marina's condition when she is called by the guards to get ready to leave?
(a) Oblivious to the threat of being a hostage.
(b) Full of anticipation of release.
(d) Ready and waiting.
15. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
(a) Rafael Pardo.
(b) Dr. Guerrero.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are directly involved with the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
2. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
3. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
4. The Santos family learns Pacho is in the northern part of Bogota. How do they know this?
5. From what illness does Maruja suffer a month after her abduction?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)