|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diana begin to do when she learns her kidnapping is not an isolated event?
(a) She tries to get more personal with the head of the household.
(b) She gives secret messages to the random women that visit the house.
(c) She starts a diary.
(d) She gives up hope.
2. What becomes of the negotiations between the Notables and Escobar's negotiator for Santos and Turbay?
(a) A series of offers that gives indications of possible release.
(b) A counter-offer that leaves families fearing for the hostages' lives.
(c) They never occur because Escobar calls them off.
(d) A series of offers and counteroffers that arrives at nothing.
3. Where is Marina's body buried after it is found and autopsied?
(a) In the family cemetery plot.
(b) In the cemetery for the homeless.
(c) At a cemetery dedicated to martyrs.
(d) In a mass grave with other unidentified bodies.
4. Who is retrieved safely through a rescue mission?
(a) Maruja and Beatriz.
(b) Francisco Santos.
(c) Richard Becerro.
(d) Diana Turbay.
5. For whom does Maruja work?
(b) National Radio Network.
(c) Parque Nacional.
(d) She is an actress.
6. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
(a) Diana, Richard, Marina, Maruja, Hero and Francisco.
(b) Diana, Maruja, Marina, Beatriz, Juan, and Richard.
(c) Diana, Marina, Maruja, Beatriz, Richard, and Francisco Santos.
(d) Marina, Maruja, Beatriz and Francisco Santos.
7. What is the major underlying problem that disturbs the government's ability to control drug trafficking and guerrilla warfare?
(a) Corruption within the government.
(b) Economic turmoil that makes drug trafficking tempting.
(c) Lack of an effective judicial system.
(d) Politicians fear of assassination, so they never strengthen laws.
8. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
(c) Don Pacho's favorite.
(d) The least worthy.
9. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
(a) They visualize their release.
(b) They share good memories with one another.
(c) They play games with the guards.
(d) They pretend they are at Maruja's apartment.
10. What occurs as a consequence of the Priscos' execution?
(a) There is an order to retaliate against the police in Medellín.
(b) There is an order to kill Pacho Santos.
(c) Escobar refuses further negotiations for the time being.
(d) There is an order to kill Marina.
11. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
(a) Alberto Villamizar informs them.
(b) A note in her bag says to call him in case of an emergency.
(c) Beatriz and her husband are well-known politicians.
(d) Beatriz's husband reaches them first when he hears the news report.
12. Who handles the negotiations for Escobar?
(a) Manuel Perez.
(b) Guido Parra Montoya.
(c) Juan Gomez.
(d) Don Pacho.
13. What does Escobar propose in one of his letters to his lawyer when in negotiations with the Notables?
(a) Escobar will surrender 100+ of his men if he is offered amnesty from extradition.
(b) Escobar's family is free of any indictments and offered security from enemies.
(c) Escobar is willing to give all goods and money with proof that no one is extradited.
(d) Escobar gets to have a personal prison camp in Envigado.
14. What does Marina see the in the laundry area during her nightly walks with Monk?
(a) The German Shepherd with a devilish grin on her.
(b) Monk's mask as a skull.
(c) A man in black watching her.
(d) A ghost.
15. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) Prisoner's overalls.
(b) Sweat suits.
(c) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(d) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Notables negotiation failure, what news does Pardo give Villamizar to have something to look forward to?
2. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
3. What is different about Diana and her crew's location compared to the other hostages' hiding places?
4. What does the Extraditables' lawyer want for his clients in terms of treatment?
5. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)