|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does the law face if they capture a drug trafficking terrorist?
(a) Public safety during the attempts to physically capture any of the terrorists.
(b) Lack of evidence to convict.
(c) Retaliation from the cartel.
(d) Inability to extradite the suspect.
2. What does Beatriz do to busy herself while being held hostage?
(a) Looks out a window.
(b) Records details of her imprisonment.
(c) Talks to the guards.
(d) Watches television all day long.
3. How do the majordomo and his wife treat Maruja's on her birthday?
(a) They allow her to write a letter to send to her husband.
(b) They give her a cupcake for dessert.
(c) They bring champagne and cake to celebrate.
(d) They let her walk outside the enclosed courtyard as a gift.
4. What does Villamizar think of Guido Parra?
(a) That Parra is a crooked opportunist.
(b) That Parra is dangerous for his intelligence of the law.
(c) That Parra is a brilliant negotiator.
(d) That Parra is a serious man but with no real direction.
5. What does everyone call the man who seems to lead the kidnapping?
6. What reply is given when Maruja asks who the kidnappers are?
(a) Virgilio Barco.
(d) New Liberalism.
7. What does the guard refer to Diana as being?
(b) The least worthy.
(d) Don Pacho's favorite.
8. In front of whom does Villamizar feel safe enough to drink?
(a) Rafael Pardo.
(b) No one.
(d) Dr. Guerrero.
9. What is most surprising about Santos' kidnapping?
(a) It succeeds despite the number of cops at the scene.
(b) It is done in the middle of his workplace.
(c) Everyone sees, but no one says a word due to fear.
(d) It is done in the middle of a busy street.
10. After Gaviria's response to the deaths, how do the Extraditables answer?
(a) They will release one hostage.
(b) They will release all remaining hostages.
(c) They request another negotiation.
(d) They will continue with the executions.
11. What are the hostages given to wear while in hiding?
(a) Sweat suits.
(b) A thin T-shirt and long pants.
(c) One long sleeve shirt and long pants.
(d) Prisoner's overalls.
12. How do the kidnappers get Maruja and Beatriz?
(a) The kidnappers grab the women when they exit the car to enter Maruja's home.
(b) The kidnappers grab the women as they walk to their car after work.
(c) The kidnappers wait for a red light to whisk the women into another vehicle.
(d) The kidnappers crash into Maruja's car and quickly grab the women.
13. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(b) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
(c) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(d) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
14. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
(b) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
(c) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
(d) Decree 303.
15. What is Juan Vitto prescribed when a doctor visits?
(c) More reading.
(d) Over the counter ibuprofen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person freed?
2. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
3. What does Maruja, Marina and Beatriz do to keep hope alive?
4. Who remains after the series of hostage releases in late 1990?
5. What makes Marina think she will not leave alive?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)