Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Why do the kidnappers choose hostages who are media and government related?
2. Why do the kidnappers abduct family members rather than the actual politicians or other influential people?
3. Describe Marina Montoya's situation as it is introduced in Chapter One.
4. Beatriz is abducted my mistake. Why does she stay, and what does this say about her character?
5. Why do drug traffickers not like the New Liberation Party? How does New Liberation feel about drug trafficking?
6. Describe Maruja's and Beatriz's...
This section contains 1,554 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)