|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to know that Diana and Santos' kidnappings are the works of Escobar?
(a) Former president Turbay.
(b) Hernando Santos.
(c) César Gaviria.
(d) The media.
2. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
(a) Decree 303.
(b) Escobar's daughter is taken hostage by the law.
(c) Nieves and Quintero are able to convince him.
(d) The Ochoa brothers threaten him.
3. What does the letter sent from the Extraditables to Turbay and Santos threaten if they do not receive what they want?
(a) Bombings and assassinations.
(b) The killings of their children.
(c) Assassination of the president.
(d) More abductions.
4. Why do the kidnappers take Maruja and Beatriz to a second hiding place?
(a) Maruja whispers too loudly that she knows where they may be.
(b) The police learn the kidnappers' escape route, so they must leave.
(c) Beatriz figures out their location when she looks out a bathroom window.
(d) To confuse the women further.
5. What major term is Decree 3030 missing that angers Escobar?
(a) Extradition issue.
(b) Safety for his family.
(c) Secure prison from his enemies.
(d) Multiple sentences issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the police know how to reach Beatriz's husband?
2. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
3. What does Gaviria decide to do after the first hostage deaths?
4. Why does Escobar reject the law that gives him immunity from his most feared punishment?
5. Who is the first person freed?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)