|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to be kidnapped in the string of related abductions?
(a) Marina Montoya.
(b) Francisco Santos.
(c) Melina Guevara.
(d) Diana Turbay.
2. What does President Gaviria make clear to Maza Márquez about rescue missions?
(a) No armed rescue missions without family consent.
(b) Plans for a rescue mission should begin right away.
(c) No rescue missions without safety of arms.
(d) There will be no rescue attempts at any cost.
3. Who is the first family member to arrive at the scene of Maruja's and Beatriz's abduction?
(a) Dr. Pedro Guerrero, Beatriz's husband.
(b) Germán Montoya, Marina's brother.
(c) Alexandra, Maruja's daughter.
(d) Alberto Villamizar, Maruja's husband.
4. What is Beatriz's initial response to the attack?
(a) She spits at the first man and starts running.
(b) She is paralyzed and cannot move.
(c) She attempts to hide on the floor of the car.
(d) She throws her jewelry at them, thinking it is a burglary.
5. The hostages' living conditions are __________.
(b) Filled with cockroaches and rats.
(c) Bare and sterile.
(d) Meticulously clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the kidnappers learn Beatriz's identity?
2. The kidnappings are bargains to negotiate what?
3. Who is the only one to not hide the pessimism of the kidnappings of Maruja and Beatriz?
4. Maruja and Beatriz are soon joined by another hostage. When was this person kidnapped?
5. How do the kidnappers abduct the first set of people?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)