|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Prisco brothers play a role in the gang life?
(a) They are accused of assassinations and being the brains behind the current abductions.
(b) They are the masterminds behind the drug cartel to the U.S.
(c) They are the only ones who know where Escobar resides.
(d) They are in charge of all the hostages during their imprisonment.
2. What stops Maruja's thoughts of an escape through the courtyard?
(a) The German shepherd is trained to bark at her.
(b) She sees an armed guard right outside.
(c) The man in black Marina once saw is real to Maruja.
(d) Two guards now take walks with her instead of just Damaris.
3. What advice does the German journalist give Nydia?
(a) To use the media to get the public on her side.
(b) To put greater pressure on the president.
(c) To prevent an armed rescue at all costs.
(d) To continue her prayers to the Holy Infant.
4. What are the two things that give Marina and Maruja consolation while imprisoned?
(a) Coffee and cigarettes.
(b) Cigarettes and magazines.
(c) Fresh air time and coffee.
(d) Breakfast and cigarettes.
5. How does Nydia view President Gaviria?
(a) She thinks he is cold-hearted.
(b) She thinks he is an understanding man.
(c) She believes he is just as dishonorable as Escobar.
(d) She believes his decisions are hard on her but good for all.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Escobar's men treat Maruja's and Beatriz's guards?
2. What causes Damaris to leave the house?
3. What happens that gives Pacho an opportunity to escape?
4. What finally gets Escobar to surrender?
5. How does Diana die?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)