Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are tokens?
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
3. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
4. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
5. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
2. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
3. In chapter 8, what does Kathy see Miss Lucy doing that makes her think the woman is sinister?
4. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
5. In chapter 20, who does Kathy find at the address Ruth gave to Tommy for him to seek a deferral?
6. What does Kathy imagine the song, "Never Let Me Go", is about?
7. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
8. Where do Tommy, Ruth, and Kathy go after leaving Hailsham when they are sixteen?
9. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
10. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
Who are Ruth and Tommy? How did Kathy know them in her past? How does she learn that Ruth has become a donor? Why does Kathy request to become Ruth's carer? What does Kathy tell the reader about her first meeting with Ruth? How was Ruth somewhat odd? Why did Ruth feel the need to protect Miss Geraldine? Was there a real danger toward Miss Geraldine? How did Kathy help Ruth keep up the illusion of a special relationship between she and Miss Geraldine? How did Ruth repay this kindness?
What does Ruth reveal to Kathy after she, Kathy, and Tommy go to the boat? What does Ruth say about the relationship that should have existed between Tommy and Kathy? What does Ruth encourage Tommy and Kathy to seek? What is a deferment? What might it give to Kathy and Tommy? Why does Ruth push this on them? How do they react? Why does Ruth ask Kathy to stop being her carer and become Tommy's carer? Does Kathy take this advice?
Discuss the following relationships in an essay:
1) Ruth and Kathy
2) Kathy and Tommy
3) Tommy and Ruth.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)