|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(b) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(c) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
(d) He stole it in the first place.
2. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their future job would be.
(b) Who their spouse might be.
(c) Who they were deep down.
(d) What their siblings were like.
3. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She walks with a limp.
(b) She cannot walk at all.
(c) She must stop often.
(d) She is short of breath.
4. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She wants to go back.
(c) She wants to confront the woman.
(d) She wants to forget the whole episode.
5. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
2. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
3. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
4. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
5. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
2. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
3. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
4. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
5. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
6. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
7. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
8. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
9. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
10. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)