|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(a) The deferrment.
(c) Hailsham's students.
(d) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
2. How much older than the clone is suspected a possible would be as described in chapter 12?
(a) Twenty to thirty years.
(b) Forty to fifty years.
(c) Five to ten years.
(d) As much as ninety years.
3. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
(a) The oddness of them.
(b) The childishness of them.
(c) The details.
(d) The originality.
4. Why does there seem to be a different set of rules for the clones from Hailsham as compared to the clones from other backgrounds?
(a) The Hailsham students were raised with more compassion.
(b) The Hailsham students are better educated.
(c) The Hailsham students have more money.
(d) The Hailsham students have more supportive parents.
5. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
2. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
4. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
5. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
2. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
3. What does Tommy tell Kathy in chapter 15 that he believes are the purpose of the art they were encouraged to do at Hailsham?
4. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
5. In chapter 12, why do Rodney and Chrissie invite Ruth to go on a trip to Norfolk with them? Who else will be going?
6. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
7. In chapter 12, what fantasy does Ruth develop after learning where her possible works?
8. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
9. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
10. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)