|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drawings does the narrator find Tommy making in chapter 20?
(a) Portraits of donors.
(b) Imaginary animals.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Pictures of Ruth.
2. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
(a) Rodney failed to secure a car.
(b) Rodney wrecked the car.
(c) Rodney lost the first car he arranged for.
(d) Rodney ran out of money to rent a car.
3. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) Who their spouse might be.
(b) What their siblings were like.
(c) What their future job would be.
(d) Who they were deep down.
4. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(c) Construction worker.
5. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
(a) A picture of Miss Emily.
(b) A picture of Hailsham.
(c) A picture of Ruth and Laura.
(d) A picture of the Cottages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
2. Who appears out of the darkness of the room at the end of chapter 21?
3. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
4. What does the narrator notice about Madame's door in chapter 21 as they enter her house?
5. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
2. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
3. In chapter 15, Tommy reveals to Kathy that he had been searching for what in Woolworth's?
4. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
5. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
6. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
7. In chapter 12, why do Rodney and Chrissie invite Ruth to go on a trip to Norfolk with them? Who else will be going?
8. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
9. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
10. In chapter 20, who does Kathy find at the address Ruth gave to Tommy for him to seek a deferral?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)