|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along side the woods.
(b) The path through the rhubarb patch.
(c) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(d) The path beside the classroom windows.
2. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(b) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(c) That she will be Tommy's carer.
(d) That she will find Madame for her.
3. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) An artisitc job.
(b) A janitor's job.
(c) A medical job.
(d) An office job.
4. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
(a) Paper weights.
(b) Desk lamps.
5. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
(a) Ruth's choice to end their relationship.
(b) Ruth's inability to be friends with Kathy.
(c) Ruth's decision to become a carer.
(d) Ruth's behavior toward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
2. For what reason has Tommy begun drawing again in chapter 20?
3. What was Kingsfield before it became a donor center?
4. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
5. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
2. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
3. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
4. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
5. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
6. What warning does Ruth offer to Kathy in chapter 17 should she ever want to pursue a relationship with Tommy?
7. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
8. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
9. In chapter 12, what fantasy does Ruth develop after learning where her possible works?
10. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)