|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their future job would be.
(b) Who their spouse might be.
(c) What their siblings were like.
(d) Who they were deep down.
2. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
(a) A holiday retreat.
(b) A public school.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A hotel.
3. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Working at computers.
(c) Studying books.
(d) Preparing to go home.
4. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
(a) She asks Rodney for help.
(b) She tells Keffers.
(c) She asks the guardians if she can start early.
(d) She tells Ruth.
5. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
2. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
3. Who appears out of the darkness of the room at the end of chapter 21?
4. In chapter 16, what does James B. carry back to a picnic at Hailsham?
5. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
2. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
3. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
4. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
5. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
6. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
7. In chapter 12, what fantasy does Ruth develop after learning where her possible works?
8. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
9. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
10. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)