|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(b) The sea.
(c) Space exploration.
2. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She must stop often.
(b) She cannot walk at all.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) She is short of breath.
3. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His romantic side.
(b) His behavior.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His drawings.
4. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
(a) The students' creativitiy.
(b) The students' intelligence.
(c) The students' souls.
(d) The students' inner child.
5. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 21, what do Tommy and Kathy try to convince Madame of?
2. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
3. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
4. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
5. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
2. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
3. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
4. In chapter 15, Tommy reveals to Kathy that he had been searching for what in Woolworth's?
5. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
6. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
7. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
8. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
9. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
10. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)