|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
2. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to cancer.
(b) Losing a donor to suicide.
(c) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
(d) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
3. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
4. Who appears out of the darkness of the room at the end of chapter 21?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
5. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(d) Construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drawings does the narrator find Tommy making in chapter 20?
2. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
3. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
4. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
5. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
2. In chapter 15, Tommy reveals to Kathy that he had been searching for what in Woolworth's?
3. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
4. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
5. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
6. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
7. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
8. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
9. In chapter 20, who does Kathy find at the address Ruth gave to Tommy for him to seek a deferral?
10. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)