|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does there seem to be a different set of rules for the clones from Hailsham as compared to the clones from other backgrounds?
(a) The Hailsham students were raised with more compassion.
(b) The Hailsham students have more supportive parents.
(c) The Hailsham students have more money.
(d) The Hailsham students are better educated.
2. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
(a) They are a cheap alternative to construction paper.
(b) They are cheap and are always on hand.
(c) They like the art on them.
(d) They like to use them as postcards.
3. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He stole it in the first place.
(b) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(c) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
(d) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
4. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
5. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(d) Ruby does not like Rodney.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
2. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
3. What was Kingsfield before it became a donor center?
4. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
5. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
2. What does Tommy tell Kathy in chapter 15 that he believes are the purpose of the art they were encouraged to do at Hailsham?
3. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
4. In chapter 12, what fantasy does Ruth develop after learning where her possible works?
5. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
6. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
7. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
8. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
9. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
10. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)