|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
2. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) The owner of the Cottages.
3. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
(a) How they will keep warm.
(b) How they can reach and fetch things.
(c) How they will be kept safe.
(d) How they might catch food.
4. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
5. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
2. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
3. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
4. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
5. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
2. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
3. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
4. In chapter 20, who does Kathy find at the address Ruth gave to Tommy for him to seek a deferral?
5. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
6. What warning does Ruth offer to Kathy in chapter 17 should she ever want to pursue a relationship with Tommy?
7. In chapter 15, Tommy reveals to Kathy that he had been searching for what in Woolworth's?
8. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
9. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
10. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)