|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Studying books.
(c) Working at computers.
(d) Preparing to go home.
2. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
3. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(b) Construction worker.
4. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
(a) The normal person a clone is modeled after.
(b) The intended recipient of a clone's organs.
(c) The parent of a clone.
(d) The scientist who created a specific clone.
5. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
(a) A future the clones know will never come true.
(b) A future that the clones hope they can earn the money to pursue while training as carers.
(c) A future the clones plan to pursue before their donations begin.
(d) A future the clones plan to pursue once their donations are done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
2. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
3. What items does the narrator say in chapter 18 she likes to window shop for and compare to the ones she has at home?
4. For what reason has Tommy begun drawing again in chapter 20?
5. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
2. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
3. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
4. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
5. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
6. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
7. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
8. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
9. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
10. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)