|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) Who their spouse might be.
(b) What their siblings were like.
(c) What their future job would be.
(d) Who they were deep down.
2. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(b) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
(c) The deferrment.
(d) Hailsham's students.
3. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
(a) A future the clones plan to pursue once their donations are done.
(b) A future the clones plan to pursue before their donations begin.
(c) A future that the clones hope they can earn the money to pursue while training as carers.
(d) A future the clones know will never come true.
4. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(d) Construction worker.
5. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
(a) That she will bring Tommy back to her.
(b) That she will find Madame for her.
(c) That she will find Miss Geraldine for her.
(d) That she will be Tommy's carer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
2. Who first suggests, in chapter 18, that Tommy join Kathy and Ruby in their visit to the marooned boat?
3. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
4. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
5. What is the Goosehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
2. In chapter 20, who does Kathy find at the address Ruth gave to Tommy for him to seek a deferral?
3. What does Tommy tell Kathy in chapter 15 that he believes are the purpose of the art they were encouraged to do at Hailsham?
4. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
5. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
6. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
7. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
8. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
9. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
10. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)