|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(b) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
(c) She buys them dinner.
(d) She apologizes outright.
2. Who suggests in chapter 18 that the narrator become Ruth's carer?
3. What kind of drawings does the narrator find Tommy making in chapter 20?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(b) Imaginary animals.
(c) Pictures of Ruth.
(d) Portraits of donors.
4. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
(a) It is against the rules to visit donors.
(b) It is against the rules to visit a carer.
(c) It is against the rules to socialize with other clones outside of approved areas.
(d) It is against the rules to see people who have left the Cottages.
5. What does Madame reveal in chapter 21 that the artwork from Hailsham was supposed to show?
(a) The students' souls.
(b) The students' inner child.
(c) The students' intelligence.
(d) The students' creativitiy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
2. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
3. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
4. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
5. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tommy tell Kathy in chapter 15 that he believes are the purpose of the art they were encouraged to do at Hailsham?
2. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
3. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
4. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
5. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
6. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
7. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
8. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
9. What warning does Ruth offer to Kathy in chapter 17 should she ever want to pursue a relationship with Tommy?
10. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)