|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
(a) The path along the guardian's private residences.
(b) The path beside the classroom windows.
(c) The path through the rhubarb patch.
(d) The path along side the woods.
2. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to cancer.
(b) Losing a donor to suicide.
(c) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
(d) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
3. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
4. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
(a) To find her parents.
(b) To find someone to admire.
(c) To find lost friends.
(d) To find her possible.
5. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
(b) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
(c) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(d) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
2. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
3. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
4. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
5. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)