|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
(a) The Collection.
(b) The Group.
(c) The Gallery.
(d) The Artwork.
2. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(a) Space exploration.
(d) The sea.
3. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor to cancer.
(b) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
(c) Losing a donor to suicide.
(d) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
4. What is the Black Barn?
(a) A building at the Cottages.
(b) A bar where the clones hang out.
(c) A restaurant near the Cottages.
(d) A building where supplies are stored.
5. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
2. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
3. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
4. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
5. Why does there seem to be a different set of rules for the clones from Hailsham as compared to the clones from other backgrounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
2. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
3. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
4. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
5. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
6. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
7. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
8. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
9. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
10. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)