|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kingsfield before it became a donor center?
(a) A public hospital.
(b) A health spa.
(c) A holiday camp.
(d) A private school.
2. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
3. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their siblings were like.
(b) What their future job would be.
(c) Who their spouse might be.
(d) Who they were deep down.
4. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
(a) A future the clones plan to pursue before their donations begin.
(b) A future the clones know will never come true.
(c) A future that the clones hope they can earn the money to pursue while training as carers.
(d) A future the clones plan to pursue once their donations are done.
5. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
2. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
3. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
4. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
5. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
2. In chapter 15, Tommy reveals to Kathy that he had been searching for what in Woolworth's?
3. In chapter 12, what fantasy does Ruth develop after learning where her possible works?
4. In chapter 15, who does Rodney and Chrissie want to visit that Kathy refuses to see? For what reason?
5. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
6. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
7. What warning does Ruth offer to Kathy in chapter 17 should she ever want to pursue a relationship with Tommy?
8. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
9. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
10. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)