|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(b) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
(c) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
(d) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
2. At what job does Rodney and Chrissie report Ruth's possible worked at?
(a) A medical job.
(b) An artisitc job.
(c) An office job.
(d) A janitor's job.
3. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
(a) For forcing her out of the secret society.
(b) For stealing Harry from her.
(c) For placing a wedge between she and Tommy.
(d) For lying about her feelings for Miss Geraldine.
4. What was Kingsfield before it became a donor center?
(a) A public hospital.
(b) A private school.
(c) A holiday camp.
(d) A health spa.
5. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(c) Space exploration.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
2. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
3. What is the definition of a possible as described by the narrator in chapter 12?
4. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
5. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
2. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
3. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
4. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
5. In chapter 21, who are Kathy and Tommy shocked to discover Madame is living with?
6. What warning does Ruth offer to Kathy in chapter 17 should she ever want to pursue a relationship with Tommy?
7. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
8. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
9. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
10. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)