|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
2. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
3. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
(a) Rodney and Chrissie.
(b) Laura and Harry.
(c) Tommy and Ruth.
(d) Claire and Charlie.
4. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) Charity shops.
(b) Second-hand shops.
(c) Grocery stores.
(d) Drug stores.
5. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She feels guilty.
(b) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
(c) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(d) She wants to make peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
2. What does Madame keep repeating as Tommy and Kathy speak to her in chapter 21?
3. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
4. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
5. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
2. In chapter 20, who does Kathy find at the address Ruth gave to Tommy for him to seek a deferral?
3. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
4. In chapter 12, why do Rodney and Chrissie invite Ruth to go on a trip to Norfolk with them? Who else will be going?
5. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
6. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
7. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
8. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
9. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
10. In chapter 18, how does Kathy learn that Ruth has begun her donations?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)