|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Goosehouse?
(a) An outhouse at the Cottages.
(b) A barn filled with geese.
(c) A barn at the Cottages with a leaky roof.
(d) A building for storing grain.
2. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(b) He stole it in the first place.
(c) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(d) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
3. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
(a) Sneaking away from the Cottages.
(b) The deferrment.
(d) Hailsham's students.
4. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their siblings were like.
(b) What their future job would be.
(c) Who their spouse might be.
(d) Who they were deep down.
5. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
(a) She is short of breath.
(b) She cannot walk at all.
(c) She walks with a limp.
(d) She must stop often.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
2. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
3. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
4. At what point in her donation cycle did Chrissie die?
5. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
2. In chapter 12, why do Rodney and Chrissie invite Ruth to go on a trip to Norfolk with them? Who else will be going?
3. In chapter 16, what does Kathy tell the reader she had thought she and Tommy might do after the trip to Norfolk, but never did?
4. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
5. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
6. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
7. In chapter 21, what does Tommy tell Madame he has come to her to ask for?
8. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
9. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
10. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)