|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to go visit Martin while in Norfolk?
(a) It is against the rules to see people who have left the Cottages.
(b) It is against the rules to visit a carer.
(c) It is against the rules to socialize with other clones outside of approved areas.
(d) It is against the rules to visit donors.
2. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
(a) His romantic side.
(b) His drawings.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His behavior.
3. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
4. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
(a) She tells Keffers.
(b) She asks Rodney for help.
(c) She tells Ruth.
(d) She asks the guardians if she can start early.
5. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
2. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
3. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
4. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
5. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 16, Ruth becomes annoyed with Kathy and forces her to say that she thinks Tommy's drawings are childish, something Ruth later tells Tommy. What causes this change in Ruth's feelings toward Kathy and Tommy?
2. What has Tommy begun to draw after the trip to Norfolk? What does Kathy initially think of these drawings?
3. How does Ruth react to the sight of her possible? How does she, and the others, come to believe this woman could not be her possible?
4. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
5. Why does Rodney and Chrissie detour the group into Woolworth's upon arriving in Norfolk in chapter 14? How do the others feel about this?
6. Why does Kathy constantly allow Ruth to indulge her fantasies even when she knows she is wrong?
7. In chapter 12, why do Rodney and Chrissie invite Ruth to go on a trip to Norfolk with them? Who else will be going?
8. What warning does Ruth offer to Kathy in chapter 17 should she ever want to pursue a relationship with Tommy?
9. In chapter 18, how does Kathy become Ruth's carer? How does Ruth react to this?
10. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)