|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, who is first to find the Judy Bridgewater tape?
2. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
(a) The originality.
(b) The details.
(c) The childishness of them.
(d) The oddness of them.
3. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She wants to confront the woman.
(c) She wants to go back.
(d) She wants to forget the whole episode.
4. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
(a) Grocery stores.
(b) Charity shops.
(c) Drug stores.
(d) Second-hand shops.
5. In chapter 12, the narrator suggests that the clones believed they could learn what from meeting their possible?
(a) What their siblings were like.
(b) Who their spouse might be.
(c) Who they were deep down.
(d) What their future job would be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
2. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
3. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
4. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
5. Where is the recovery center where Ruth is living during her donations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth admit to Kathy in chapter 19 that she believes should have happened in their past and that she actively attempted to prevent?
2. In chapter 13, Rodney and Chrissie ask Ruth, Tommy, and Kathy about what type of deferment?
3. In chapter 12, Rodney and Chrissie report seeing what person in Norfolk during a trip there?
4. In chapter 19, what causes Ruth to become angry with Kathy as she, Kathy, and Tommy visit an abandoned boat?
5. In chapter 17, what changes does Kathy note about the Cottages after her rift with Ruth and Tommy?
6. What does Kathy decide not to tell Ruth at the end of chapter 15?
7. In chapter 13, what excuse does Ruth give to Rodney and Chrissie for Tommy's refusal to agree that there is a deferment program for lovers?
8. How has Kathy's life changed in the year that has passed between chapters 19 and 20?
9. In chapter 12, why do Rodney and Chrissie invite Ruth to go on a trip to Norfolk with them? Who else will be going?
10. At the end of chapter 17, how does Kathy actively change her situation?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)