|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
(b) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
(c) That one could commit suicide easily.
(d) That one could easily commit murder.
2. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He becomes distracted and angry again.
(b) He begins fighting with the other boys.
(c) He begins dating many other girls.
(d) He breaks off their friendship.
3. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Nine months to a year.
(b) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Three to five years.
4. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(a) Their own clothing.
(c) Team jerseys.
5. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) An art exam.
(b) A medical exam.
(c) A drug screening.
(d) An IQ test.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the novel set?
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
3. What is the Goosehouse?
4. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
5. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)