|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
2. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Daniel Deronda.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
3. What are Sales?
(a) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
(b) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
(c) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
(d) A student run market at Hailsham.
4. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become millionaires.
(b) To be better educated.
(c) To become doctors.
(d) To become actors.
5. Who tells Chrissie and Rodney that the students at Hailsham were told about deferrals in chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a guardian?
2. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
3. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
4. Why does there seem to be a different set of rules for the clones from Hailsham as compared to the clones from other backgrounds?
5. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)