|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Lost Corner?
(a) What Miss Emily calls Norfolk becasue of its location.
(b) An abandoned broom closet at Hailsham.
(c) A dark corner in Kathy's house.
(d) The town where the Cottages is located.
2. In chapter 16, what does the narrator suggest is bothering Tommy?
(a) Ruth's choice to end their relationship.
(b) Ruth's behavior toward him.
(c) Ruth's inability to be friends with Kathy.
(d) Ruth's decision to become a carer.
3. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Drawings of crime scenes.
(b) Pictures of strangers.
(c) Witnessed conversations.
(d) Written confessions.
4. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
5. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
(b) They are childish.
(c) They are symbolic of their existence.
(d) They are very creative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
2. What trip does the narrator foreshadow at the end of chapter 11?
3. Where is the novel set?
4. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
5. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)