|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
(a) To find her parents.
(b) To find her possible.
(c) To find lost friends.
(d) To find someone to admire.
2. Who was often blamed, as mentioned in chapter 11, for all the pornographic magazines discovered at the Cottages?
(a) The owner's son.
(b) A boy named Steve.
(c) Ruby and Tommy.
(d) The caretaker.
3. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
(b) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
(c) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
(d) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
4. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
5. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to confront the woman.
(b) She wants to go back.
(c) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(d) She wants to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
2. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
5. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)