|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(b) Kansas City.
2. How old is the narrating character?
3. What concern has Tommy admitted to the narrator he has for the creatures in his drawings?
(a) How they will be kept safe.
(b) How they will keep warm.
(c) How they can reach and fetch things.
(d) How they might catch food.
4. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
(b) The Cottages.
(c) Her own lies.
(d) Her childhood.
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(b) Seven going on eight.
(d) Six going on seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Lost Corner?
2. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
3. In chapter 16, what route does Kathy say was out of bounds at Hailsham?
4. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
5. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)