|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A lion.
(b) A palace.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) An elephant.
2. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An imaginary horse.
(d) An imaginary cow.
3. What changes does the narrator note about her relationship with Ruby in chapter 11?
(a) They fight more, but they share confidences more.
(b) They fight constantly and hate one another.
(c) They are closer than ever.
(d) Nothing has changed.
4. Who is Keffers?
(a) The owner of the Cottages.
(b) The caretaker at the Cottages.
(c) A teacher at the Cottages.
(d) The neighbor of the Cottages.
5. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
(b) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
(c) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
(d) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
2. What are tokens?
3. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
4. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
5. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)