|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
2. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
(a) They are a cheap alternative to construction paper.
(b) They are cheap and are always on hand.
(c) They like the art on them.
(d) They like to use them as postcards.
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Horace G.
(b) Kathy H.
(c) Ruth S.
(d) Mitchell F.
4. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She buys them dinner.
(b) She apologizes outright.
(c) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(d) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
5. Who was Moira B?
(a) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(b) A student in the narrator's art class.
(c) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
(d) Another secret guard leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Goosehouse?
2. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
3. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
4. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
5. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)