|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) An imaginary cow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An imaginary horse.
2. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Video games.
(b) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
(c) Presents for parents and relatives.
(d) Extra food in the cafeteria.
3. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He becomes distracted and angry again.
(b) He breaks off their friendship.
(c) He begins dating many other girls.
(d) He begins fighting with the other boys.
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. What are tokens?
(a) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
3. Who was often blamed, as mentioned in chapter 11, for all the pornographic magazines discovered at the Cottages?
4. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
5. In chapter 16, from whom does the narrator keep her distance in her final weeks there?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)