|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Oliver Twist.
(b) Daniel Deronda.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
2. In chapter 16, what does James B. carry back to a picnic at Hailsham?
(a) A watermelon.
(b) A plate of cookies.
(c) A potato salad.
(d) A cake.
3. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He begins fighting with the other boys.
(b) He begins dating many other girls.
(c) He breaks off their friendship.
(d) He becomes distracted and angry again.
4. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
5. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
2. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
3. In chapter 16, why does Ruth think that Tommy might not want to be romantic with Kathy?
4. In chapter 16, how does the narrator make her intention to become a carer immediately known?
5. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)