|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
(b) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
(c) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(d) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
2. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
3. In whose room does Tommy admit in chapter 11 that he saw the narrator looking at similar magazines as the ones he finds her looking at in the boiler room in chapter 11?
4. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(a) Their own clothing.
(d) Team jerseys.
5. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
3. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
4. In chapter 13, who has been placed in charge of the spending money for the Norfolk trip?
5. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)