|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About donations.
(b) About their future careers.
(c) About art.
(d) About their work as carers.
2. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
(b) The house was in poor repair.
(c) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(d) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
3. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Fifteen to seventeen.
(b) Seven through eleven.
(c) Birth to twelve.
(d) Five through eight.
4. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not like Kathy.
(d) Ruby does not like Rodney.
5. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Ruth S.
(b) Mitchell F.
(c) Horace G.
(d) Kathy H.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
2. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
3. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
4. What is the secret guard?
5. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)