|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(d) Kansas City.
2. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
3. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
(a) Residents who acted as guardians to the newcomers.
(b) Residents who lived there permanently.
(c) Residents who had been there a year or more.
(d) Residents who were of middle age.
4. Where is the novel set?
(b) New York.
5. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Geraldine.
(d) Miss Jody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
2. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
3. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
4. What is the Black Barn?
5. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)