|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
(c) They are forced to do extra homework.
(d) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
2. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Jody.
3. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped playing sports.
(b) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(c) He stopped losing his temper.
(d) He stopped going to classes.
4. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(d) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
5. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
2. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
4. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
5. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)