|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(b) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(c) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(d) Ruth said she was.
2. Who was Moira B?
(a) A girl who lived in the same dorm room with Ruth.
(b) Another secret guard leader.
(c) Another girl kicked out of the secret guard.
(d) A student in the narrator's art class.
3. What are Sales?
(a) A student run market at Hailsham.
(b) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
(c) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
(d) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
4. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
(b) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
(c) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
(d) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
5. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to go back.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She wants to confront the woman.
(d) She wants to forget the whole episode.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
2. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
4. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
5. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)