|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Three to five years.
(b) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Nine months to a year.
2. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A lion.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A palace.
(d) A cathedral.
3. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(b) He stopped going to classes.
(c) He stopped playing sports.
(d) He stopped losing his temper.
4. What changes does the narrator note about her relationship with Ruby in chapter 11?
(a) They fight constantly and hate one another.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) They are closer than ever.
(d) They fight more, but they share confidences more.
5. What are Sales?
(a) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
(b) A student run market at Hailsham.
(c) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
(d) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
2. In chapter 16, who does Ruth think will be Tommy's next girlfriend when she breaks up with him?
3. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
4. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
5. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)