|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(b) He stopped playing sports.
(c) He stopped losing his temper.
(d) He stopped going to classes.
2. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Modern American novels.
(b) Victorian novels.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Clone rights.
3. What is the secret guard?
(a) A group of students who plan military careers.
(b) The security at Hailsham.
(c) The owners of Hailsham.
(d) A group of girls at Hailsham under Ruth who protect Miss Geraldine.
4. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
5. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(b) She gave away guard secrets.
(c) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(d) She had a fight with Ruth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Geraldine?
2. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
3. Who is Miss Lucy?
4. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
5. Who is Keffers?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)