|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was lost.
(b) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(c) It was broken.
(d) It was stolen.
2. In chapter 16, what does James B. carry back to a picnic at Hailsham?
(a) A watermelon.
(b) A plate of cookies.
(c) A cake.
(d) A potato salad.
3. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Jody.
4. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
5. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) For several years.
(b) Only a few months.
(c) Since it opened.
(d) For twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
2. Who was often blamed, as mentioned in chapter 11, for all the pornographic magazines discovered at the Cottages?
3. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
4. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
5. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)