|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(b) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(c) She gave away guard secrets.
(d) She had a fight with Ruth.
2. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
3. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their work as carers.
(b) About art.
(c) About donations.
(d) About their future careers.
4. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That they should ask someone else.
(b) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
(c) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(d) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
5. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The art room.
(b) The lunch queue.
(c) The dorm bathrooms.
(d) The music room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the novel set?
2. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
3. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
4. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
5. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)