|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. What are tokens?
(a) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
3. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A palace.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A lion.
4. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) It was lost.
(c) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(d) It was broken.
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(b) Seven going on eight.
(d) Six going on seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
2. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
3. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
4. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)