|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth said she was.
(b) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(c) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(d) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
2. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A palace.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A lion.
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Mitchell F.
(b) Kathy H.
(c) Horace G.
(d) Ruth S.
4. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A hairbrush.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A curling iron.
5. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Presents for parents and relatives.
(b) Extra food in the cafeteria.
(c) Video games.
(d) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrating character?
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
3. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
4. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
5. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)