|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
2. Where is the novel set?
(b) New York.
3. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
4. What are tokens?
(a) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(d) Coins used in video games.
5. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) A drug screening.
(b) An art exam.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A medical exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
2. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
3. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
4. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
5. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)