|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The billiards room.
(b) An empty dorm room.
(c) The art room.
(d) The lunch room.
2. What is the secret guard?
(a) The owners of Hailsham.
(b) The security at Hailsham.
(c) A group of girls at Hailsham under Ruth who protect Miss Geraldine.
(d) A group of students who plan military careers.
3. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(c) Kansas City.
4. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
5. What are tokens?
(a) Coins used in video games.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
2. What is the woods?
3. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
4. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)