|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Five through eight.
(b) Fifteen to seventeen.
(c) Seven through eleven.
(d) Birth to twelve.
2. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(b) He stopped going to classes.
(c) He stopped playing sports.
(d) He stopped losing his temper.
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Ruth S.
(b) Horace G.
(c) Mitchell F.
(d) Kathy H.
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) An imaginary cow.
(b) A donkey.
(c) An imaginary horse.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
2. Where is the novel set?
3. What is the secret guard?
4. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
5. What is the woods?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)