|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
2. What is the secret guard?
(a) A group of girls at Hailsham under Ruth who protect Miss Geraldine.
(b) The security at Hailsham.
(c) The owners of Hailsham.
(d) A group of students who plan military careers.
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) An imaginary horse.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An imaginary cow.
5. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(b) She had a fight with Ruth.
(c) She gave away guard secrets.
(d) She did not collect her evidence properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
2. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
3. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
4. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
5. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)