|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(b) Nine months to a year.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Three to five years.
2. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She gave away guard secrets.
(b) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(c) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(d) She had a fight with Ruth.
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Limited omniscient.
(d) Third person.
4. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
(a) The sports pavilion.
(b) The pond.
(c) The woods.
(d) The art room.
5. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The music room.
(b) The dorm bathrooms.
(c) The art room.
(d) The lunch queue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
2. Who was Moira B?
3. Who is Judy Bridgewater?
4. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
5. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)