|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their work as carers.
(b) About donations.
(c) About their future careers.
(d) About art.
2. What are tokens?
(a) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(b) Coins used in video games.
(c) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(d) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
3. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(b) She avoided the guardians.
(c) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(d) She interacted with the kids more than others.
4. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was broken.
(b) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(c) It was stolen.
(d) It was lost.
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(c) Premarital sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
3. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
4. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
5. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)