|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(b) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
(c) That they should ask someone else.
(d) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
2. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The billiards room.
(b) The lunch room.
(c) An empty dorm room.
(d) The art room.
3. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Lucy.
4. What is the secret guard?
(a) The security at Hailsham.
(b) The owners of Hailsham.
(c) A group of girls at Hailsham under Ruth who protect Miss Geraldine.
(d) A group of students who plan military careers.
5. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Nine months to a year.
(c) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(d) Three to five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sales?
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
3. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
4. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
5. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)