|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she settles down to have a family.
(b) When she leave college.
(c) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(d) When she stops being a carer.
2. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was lost.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It was broken.
(d) It was garbled in the tape machine.
3. What is Songs After Dark?
(a) A piano book of popular songs.
(b) An album of French music.
(c) A choir book used at Hailsham.
(d) An album containing Kathy's favorite song.
4. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Written confessions.
(b) Drawings of crime scenes.
(c) Witnessed conversations.
(d) Pictures of strangers.
5. What is the Lost Corner?
(a) The town where the Cottages is located.
(b) What Miss Emily calls Norfolk becasue of its location.
(c) An abandoned broom closet at Hailsham.
(d) A dark corner in Kathy's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sales?
2. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
3. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
4. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
5. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)