|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
2. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their future careers.
(b) About art.
(c) About donations.
(d) About their work as carers.
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A palace.
(d) A lion.
5. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Kathy H.
(b) Ruth S.
(c) Mitchell F.
(d) Horace G.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sales?
2. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
3. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
4. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)