|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) An empty dorm room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The art room.
(d) The lunch room.
2. Where is the novel set?
(a) New York.
3. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
4. What are tokens?
(a) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(b) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
5. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(b) Putting their toys away.
(c) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(d) Drawing pictures of horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Moira B?
2. What is the name of the narrating character?
3. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
4. How old is the narrating character?
5. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)