|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(b) Kansas City.
2. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(d) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
3. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped losing his temper.
(b) He stopped going to classes.
(c) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(d) He stopped playing sports.
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Limited omniscient.
5. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) Since it opened.
(b) For several years.
(c) For twenty years.
(d) Only a few months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
3. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
4. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
5. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)