|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(b) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(c) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(d) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
2. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(a) Six going on seven.
(d) Seven going on eight.
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. What is a guardian?
(a) The people who govern the clones.
(b) The carers' bosses.
(c) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(d) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
5. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their future careers.
(b) About their work as carers.
(c) About art.
(d) About donations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
2. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
3. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
4. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
5. What are tokens?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)