|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the novel set?
(c) New York.
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Limited omniscient.
(d) First person.
3. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Geraldine.
(d) Miss Jody.
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(a) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrating character?
2. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
3. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
4. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
5. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)