|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrating character?
2. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(c) Kansas City.
3. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(c) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(d) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
4. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
5. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
3. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
4. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
5. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)