|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Limited omniscient.
(d) Third person.
2. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The music room.
(b) The dorm bathrooms.
(c) The art room.
(d) The lunch queue.
3. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(b) She avoided the guardians.
(c) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
(d) She interacted with the kids more than others.
4. What is a guardian?
(a) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(b) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(c) The people who govern the clones.
(d) The carers' bosses.
5. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A donkey.
(b) An imaginary cow.
(c) An imaginary horse.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
2. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
3. What are tokens?
4. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
5. Where is the novel set?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)