|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Birth to twelve.
(b) Five through eight.
(c) Seven through eleven.
(d) Fifteen to seventeen.
2. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Kathy H.
(b) Ruth S.
(c) Mitchell F.
(d) Horace G.
3. Where is the novel set?
(d) New York.
4. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
5. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Video games.
(b) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
(c) Presents for parents and relatives.
(d) Extra food in the cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
2. What are tokens?
3. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
4. Who is Miss Geraldine?
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)