|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their future careers.
(b) About art.
(c) About their work as carers.
(d) About donations.
2. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Video games.
(b) Presents for parents and relatives.
(c) Extra food in the cafeteria.
(d) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
3. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
(b) That they should ask someone else.
(c) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(d) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
4. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(b) It represented their favorite activities.
(c) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(d) It was filled with good smells.
5. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
2. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
3. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
4. What are Sales?
5. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)