|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(b) Seven going on eight.
(c) Six going on seven.
2. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(b) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(c) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
3. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Fifteen to seventeen.
(b) Birth to twelve.
(c) Seven through eleven.
(d) Five through eight.
4. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) An imaginary cow.
(c) An imaginary horse.
(d) A donkey.
5. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Jody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
2. Where is the novel set?
3. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
4. What is the name of the narrating character?
5. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)