|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
(a) Since it opened.
(b) For several years.
(c) For twenty years.
(d) Only a few months.
2. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Birth to twelve.
(b) Seven through eleven.
(c) Five through eight.
(d) Fifteen to seventeen.
3. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
4. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The lunch room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) An empty dorm room.
(d) The art room.
5. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(b) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(c) Drawing pictures of horses.
(d) Putting their toys away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
2. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
5. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)