|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(b) She avoided the guardians.
(c) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(d) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
2. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Mitchell F.
(b) Horace G.
(c) Kathy H.
(d) Ruth S.
3. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Limited omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
4. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
(b) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(c) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(d) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
5. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Geraldine?
2. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
3. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)