|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(b) It was filled with good smells.
(c) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(d) It represented their favorite activities.
3. What are Sales?
(a) A student run market at Hailsham.
(b) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
(c) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
(d) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Limited omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
5. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The art room.
(b) The lunch room.
(c) The billiards room.
(d) An empty dorm room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. Who is Miss Lucy?
3. What is a guardian?
4. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
5. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)