|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About donations.
(b) About their work as carers.
(c) About art.
(d) About their future careers.
2. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
3. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(b) It was filled with good smells.
(c) It represented their favorite activities.
(d) It was where they held their favorite classes.
4. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(a) Team jerseys.
(c) Their own clothing.
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(b) Seven going on eight.
(d) Six going on seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the novel set?
2. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
3. Who is Miss Lucy?
4. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
5. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)