|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(b) Drawing pictures of horses.
(c) Putting their toys away.
(d) Putting her imaginary horses away.
2. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(a) Their own clothing.
(c) Team jerseys.
3. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That they should ask someone else.
(b) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
(c) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(d) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
4. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A lion.
(c) A palace.
(d) A cathedral.
5. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The lunch queue.
(b) The art room.
(c) The dorm bathrooms.
(d) The music room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Lucy?
2. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
3. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
4. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
5. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)