|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(c) Kansas City.
2. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Video games.
(b) Extra food in the cafeteria.
(c) Presents for parents and relatives.
(d) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
3. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About donations.
(b) About their work as carers.
(c) About art.
(d) About their future careers.
4. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
(a) That it was a great honor to have their art chosen.
(b) That they should be given the tokens, but she did not have extras.
(c) That they should ask someone else.
(d) That they should just be happy to have a roof over their heads.
5. What are tokens?
(a) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
2. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
3. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
4. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
5. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)