|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their future careers.
(b) About art.
(c) About their work as carers.
(d) About donations.
2. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(b) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(c) It represented their favorite activities.
(d) It was filled with good smells.
3. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Drawing pictures of horses.
(b) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(c) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(d) Putting their toys away.
4. What are Sales?
(a) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
(b) A student run market at Hailsham.
(c) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
(d) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
5. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
(b) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(c) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(d) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
3. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
4. How old is the narrating character?
5. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)