|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Lucy?
(a) A nurse in Norfolk.
(b) A guardian at Hailsham.
(c) A possible in Dover.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
2. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Limited omniscient.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped going to classes.
(b) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(c) He stopped losing his temper.
(d) He stopped playing sports.
5. Where is the novel set?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
2. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
3. Who is Miss Geraldine?
4. How old is the narrating character?
5. What are tokens?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)