|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A lion.
(c) A palace.
(d) A cathedral.
2. What are tokens?
(a) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(b) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
3. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Jody.
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) A drug screening.
(b) An art exam.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A medical exam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrating character?
2. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
3. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
4. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
5. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)