|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
(a) A lion.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) A palace.
(d) An elephant.
2. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Mitchell F.
(b) Horace G.
(c) Ruth S.
(d) Kathy H.
4. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
5. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
(a) The art room.
(b) The pond.
(c) The sports pavilion.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are tokens?
2. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
3. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
4. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
5. What is the point of view of this novel?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)