|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A teacher at the Cottages.
(b) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(c) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(d) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
2. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(b) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(c) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(d) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
3. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
4. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The art room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The lunch room.
(d) An empty dorm room.
5. What are tokens?
(a) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(d) Coins used in video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a guardian?
2. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
3. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
4. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
5. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)