|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
(b) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(c) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(d) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
2. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(a) Team jerseys.
(b) Their own clothing.
3. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(b) Ruby does not like Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(d) Ruby does not like Kathy.
4. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
(b) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
(c) That one could easily commit murder.
(d) That one could commit suicide easily.
5. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(b) She wants to confront the woman.
(c) She wants to go back.
(d) She wants to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
2. What is the woods?
3. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
4. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
5. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)