Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(b) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(c) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
2. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(d) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
3. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
(b) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
(c) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
(d) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
4. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) A donkey.
(b) An imaginary horse.
(c) An imaginary cow.
(d) A dog.
5. What is a Walkman?
(a) An early MP3 player.
(b) A portable cassette player.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are tokens?
2. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
3. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
4. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
5. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)