|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A paper mache doll.
(b) A collage of animal pictures.
(c) A calendar.
(d) A small elephant sculpture.
2. What is the Goosehouse?
(a) A building for storing grain.
(b) An outhouse at the Cottages.
(c) A barn at the Cottages with a leaky roof.
(d) A barn filled with geese.
3. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become actors.
(b) To be better educated.
(c) To become millionaires.
(d) To become doctors.
4. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Mitchell F.
(b) Ruth S.
(c) Horace G.
(d) Kathy H.
5. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Putting their toys away.
(b) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(c) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(d) Drawing pictures of horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
2. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
3. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
4. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
5. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)