|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Lucy.
2. What does Ruby ask the narrator forgiveness for in chapter 19?
(a) For forcing her out of the secret society.
(b) For lying about her feelings for Miss Geraldine.
(c) For stealing Harry from her.
(d) For placing a wedge between she and Tommy.
3. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she stops being a carer.
(b) When she settles down to have a family.
(c) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(d) When she leave college.
4. What is the Black Barn?
(a) A restaurant near the Cottages.
(b) A bar where the clones hang out.
(c) A building where supplies are stored.
(d) A building at the Cottages.
5. What is Dave's stump?
(a) A tree stump in the yard nicknamed Dave after the owner's son.
(b) A tree stump at where a boy named Dave often cut wood for the fireplaces.
(c) A tree stump where a boy named Dave is rumored to have died.
(d) A tree stump where a boy named Dave often sat to read or write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
2. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
4. Why does the narrator go to Littlehampton in chapter 20?
5. In chapter 16, why does the narrator think she and her companions did not talk about their trip to Norfolk?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)