|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to go back.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(d) She wants to confront the woman.
2. Where is the novel set?
(c) New York.
3. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The lunch room.
(b) An empty dorm room.
(c) The art room.
(d) The billiards room.
4. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
5. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
(a) He has gotten too old to donate.
(b) He has given all his organs and placed in a nursing home.
(c) He has too many illnesses to donate.
(d) He has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
2. What is the secret guard?
3. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
4. Who was often blamed, as mentioned in chapter 11, for all the pornographic magazines discovered at the Cottages?
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)