|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After which of Tommy's donations did Kathy become his carer in chapter 20?
2. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(a) Team jerseys.
(b) Their own clothing.
3. At the end of chapter 15, how does Ruth go out of her way to show Tommy and Kathy she had known she had acted badly earlier?
(a) She buys them dinner.
(b) She apologizes outright.
(c) She refuses to speak with Chrissie and Rodney.
(d) She includes them in her jokes with Chrissie and Rodney.
4. What is the one thing the narrator notices most about the drawings Tommy shows her in chapter 15?
(a) The details.
(b) The oddness of them.
(c) The originality.
(d) The childishness of them.
5. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He stole it in the first place.
(b) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(c) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(d) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
2. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
3. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
4. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
5. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)