|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to not recall learning about deferrals at Hailsham in chapter 13?
2. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
3. What is a deferral?
(a) A set of travel papers.
(b) A postponement of a payment or event.
(c) A set of citizen papers.
(d) A refusal to submit to an event.
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. In chapter 16, who was the first of the Hailsham students to begin their carer training?
Short Answer Questions
1. What billboard does the narrator point out in chapter 19 that she hopes will remind Tommy and Ruth of their trip to Norfolk?
2. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
3. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
4. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
5. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)