|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She wants to make peace.
(b) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
(c) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(d) She feels guilty.
2. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
(a) An essay.
(b) A thesis.
(c) A novel.
(d) A short story.
3. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped losing his temper.
(b) He stopped going to classes.
(c) He stopped playing sports.
(d) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
4. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
(a) The art room.
(b) The pond.
(c) The sports pavilion.
(d) The woods.
5. What is the Black Barn?
(a) A building at the Cottages.
(b) A bar where the clones hang out.
(c) A building where supplies are stored.
(d) A restaurant near the Cottages.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, the narrator describes a fear of doing what once they arrived at the Cottages?
2. In chapter 12, what subject does the narrator say Rodney talked about a lot?
3. In chapter 16, where does Ruth suggest she might one day like to take a trip to?
4. What is a Walkman?
5. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)