|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 21, what picture does Tommy notice on Madame's wall?
(a) A picture of Miss Emily.
(b) A picture of Hailsham.
(c) A picture of the Cottages.
(d) A picture of Ruth and Laura.
2. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
(a) A baby doll.
(b) A few tokens.
(c) A new tape of ballroom dancing music.
(d) A new hand mirror.
3. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She wants to make peace.
(b) She feels guilty.
(c) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(d) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
4. What does the narrator mentioned she often used for blankets in chapter 11?
(a) Old clothing.
(b) Blankets donated by rich widows.
(c) Old curtains and carpet peices.
(d) Wool cloth scraps.
5. In the beginning of chapter 18, the narrator tells the reader what is one of the most difficult parts of working as a carer?
(a) Losing a donor after the fifth donation.
(b) Losing a donor early in the donation cycle.
(c) Losing a donor to suicide.
(d) Losing a donor to cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
2. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
3. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
4. What is a deferral?
5. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)