|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
2. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Video games.
(b) Extra food in the cafeteria.
(c) Presents for parents and relatives.
(d) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
3. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She was relieved.
(b) She was depressed.
(c) She became angry.
(d) She was nonchalant.
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Limited omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
5. What changes does the narrator note about her relationship with Ruby in chapter 11?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) They fight constantly and hate one another.
(c) They are closer than ever.
(d) They fight more, but they share confidences more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
2. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
3. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
4. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
5. For what reason has Tommy begun drawing again in chapter 20?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)