|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
(a) Three to five years.
(b) The lifetime of Hailsham.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Nine months to a year.
2. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He begins dating many other girls.
(b) He becomes distracted and angry again.
(c) He begins fighting with the other boys.
(d) He breaks off their friendship.
3. What did the students at Hailsham call Madame's collection of their art that she found amusing?
(a) The Gallery.
(b) The Artwork.
(c) The Collection.
(d) The Group.
4. In chapter 13, why does Ruby become irate when Kathy suggests they switch seats?
(a) Ruby does not want Kathy growing closer to Tommy.
(b) Ruby does not want Kathy to grow close to Rodney.
(c) Ruby does not like Rodney.
(d) Ruby does not like Kathy.
5. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(b) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(c) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(d) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
2. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
3. Where is the novel set?
4. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
5. What promise does the narrator make to Ruth after her second donation in chapter 19?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)