|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrating character?
(a) Ruth S.
(b) Horace G.
(c) Kathy H.
(d) Mitchell F.
2. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
(a) She struggled to make friends with the veterans.
(b) She believes Ruby was only trying to help.
(c) She knows now she should have tried harder to make friends.
(d) She criticized Ruby's friendships outside the Hailsham alum.
3. Who is Miss Lucy?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham.
(b) A nurse in Norfolk.
(c) A possible in Dover.
(d) A teacher at the Cottages.
4. In chapter 16, why does the narrator feel she must apologize to Ruth?
(a) She wants to use Ruth to get close to Tommy.
(b) She is socially desperate for Ruth's friendship.
(c) She feels guilty.
(d) She wants to make peace.
5. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
2. In chapter 16, who were Kathy and Ruth discussing when Ruth finds the Judy Bridgewater tape?
3. What does the narrator notice about Madame's door in chapter 21 as they enter her house?
4. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
5. In chapter 16, what does Ruth begin to forget?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)