|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tokens?
(a) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(d) Coins used in video games.
2. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What is a deferral?
(a) A postponement of a payment or event.
(b) A set of travel papers.
(c) A refusal to submit to an event.
(d) A set of citizen papers.
5. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(c) Construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, what do Kathy and Tommy talk about?
2. In chapter 21, what do Tommy and Kathy try to convince Madame of?
3. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
4. What was Kingsfield before it became a donor center?
5. Who appears out of the darkness of the room at the end of chapter 21?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)