|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A teacher at the Cottages.
(b) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(c) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(d) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
2. How does the narrator say Ruth responded to the possibility of not taking the trip to Norfolk in chapter 13?
(a) She became angry.
(b) She was depressed.
(c) She was relieved.
(d) She was nonchalant.
3. Who is Miss Lucy?
(a) A guardian at Hailsham.
(b) A nurse in Norfolk.
(c) A teacher at the Cottages.
(d) A possible in Dover.
4. What job does Martin (Rodney and Chrissie's friend mentioned in chapter 13) have?
(b) Construction worker.
5. In chapter 11, what does the narrator define courses as?
(a) Training to be a carer.
(b) Training to be a donor.
(c) Training to be a nurse.
(d) Training to be a vet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
2. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
3. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
4. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
5. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)