|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Lucy.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Emily.
2. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
3. For what reason has Tommy begun drawing again in chapter 20?
(a) To impress Kathy.
(b) To impress the doctors.
(c) To have something to show Madame when he asks for a deferrment.
(d) To soothe his depression.
4. What are Sales?
(a) A store at Hailsham to reward students for good behavior.
(b) A student run market at Hailsham.
(c) A class that teaches economics at Hailsham.
(d) A merchant van that came to Hailsham once a month.
5. In chapter 18, the narrator mentions the name of a student from Hailsham who had difficulty dealing with being a carer. Who does she mention?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
2. In chapter 16, what do Kathy and Ruth make fun of at Tommy's expense?
3. What are dream futures, as the narrator describes in chapter 12?
4. What one sign of her health struggles does Ruth show during the walk to the boat in chapter 18?
5. What is the woods?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)