|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It represented their favorite activities.
(b) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(c) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(d) It was filled with good smells.
2. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of speaking.
(b) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
(c) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
(d) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
3. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
(d) Premarital sex.
4. What is a guardian?
(a) The carers' bosses.
(b) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(c) The people who govern the clones.
(d) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
5. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The art room.
(b) The music room.
(c) The dorm bathrooms.
(d) The lunch queue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
2. How does Kathy find herself on Ruth's good books at the end of part one?
3. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
4. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
5. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)