|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Scribbling over students' homework.
(b) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
(c) Creating a new type of art.
(d) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
2. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Lucy.
3. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The lunch queue.
(b) The art room.
(c) The music room.
(d) The dorm bathrooms.
4. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
(a) He has given all his organs and placed in a nursing home.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has too many illnesses to donate.
(d) He has gotten too old to donate.
5. What is Songs After Dark?
(a) A piano book of popular songs.
(b) A choir book used at Hailsham.
(c) An album containing Kathy's favorite song.
(d) An album of French music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
2. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
3. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
4. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
5. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)