|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About art.
(b) About their future careers.
(c) About their work as carers.
(d) About donations.
3. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
(a) He begins dating many other girls.
(b) He begins fighting with the other boys.
(c) He breaks off their friendship.
(d) He becomes distracted and angry again.
4. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(c) Team jerseys.
(d) Their own clothing.
5. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped losing his temper.
(b) He stopped going to classes.
(c) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(d) He stopped playing sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
2. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
3. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
4. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)