|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Lucy?
(a) A possible in Dover.
(b) A nurse in Norfolk.
(c) A teacher at the Cottages.
(d) A guardian at Hailsham.
2. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Creating a new type of art.
(b) Scribbling over students' homework.
(c) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
(d) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
3. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
(b) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
(c) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
(d) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
4. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
5. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About art.
(b) About their future careers.
(c) About their work as carers.
(d) About donations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
2. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
3. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
4. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
5. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)