|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she leave college.
(b) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(c) When she stops being a carer.
(d) When she settles down to have a family.
2. Where is the novel set?
(d) New York.
3. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
4. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become doctors.
(b) To be better educated.
(c) To become millionaires.
(d) To become actors.
5. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
(a) That it was more emotional for those who could have children.
(b) That it was something they physically could not do.
(c) That it could keep them from having to make donations.
(d) That it could be fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
2. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
4. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
5. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)