|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are tokens?
(a) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(b) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(c) Coins used in video games.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
2. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could commit suicide easily.
(b) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
(c) That one could easily commit murder.
(d) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
3. Who is Miss Geraldine?
(a) A teacher at the Cottages.
(b) A carer in Kathy's clinic.
(c) A guardian at Hailsham who is everyone's favorite.
(d) A donor at the clinic where Kathy works.
4. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth said she was.
(b) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(c) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(d) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
5. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Limited omniscient.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
2. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
3. Where is the novel set?
4. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)