|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Lucy?
(a) A possible in Dover.
(b) A nurse in Norfolk.
(c) A teacher at the Cottages.
(d) A guardian at Hailsham.
2. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) An IQ test.
(b) A medical exam.
(c) An art exam.
(d) A drug screening.
3. What is the woods?
(a) A room where the students study horticulture.
(b) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(c) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(d) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
4. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
(a) Putting her imaginary horses away.
(b) Drawing a hopscotch grid on the sidewalk.
(c) Putting their toys away.
(d) Drawing pictures of horses.
5. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
(a) She avoided the guardians.
(b) She never allowed the children to come near her.
(c) She interacted with the kids more than others.
(d) She enjoyed the art that others thought was poorly made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Sales?
2. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
3. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
4. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
5. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)