|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
(b) They are murdered.
(c) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
(d) They are forced to do extra homework.
2. What is a guardian?
(a) The carers' bosses.
(b) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(c) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
(d) The people who govern the clones.
3. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could easily commit murder.
(b) That one could commit suicide easily.
(c) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
(d) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
4. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
5. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Moira B?
2. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
3. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
4. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
5. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)