|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference did the narrator begin to note in Tommy during their Senior 2 year, as described in chapter 2?
(a) He stopped going to classes.
(b) He stopped playing sports.
(c) He stopped hanging out with his friends.
(d) He stopped losing his temper.
2. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
(b) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(c) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(d) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
3. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
(a) It reminded them of cottages in storybooks.
(b) It was filled with good smells.
(c) It was where they held their favorite classes.
(d) It represented their favorite activities.
4. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(a) Six going on seven.
(c) Seven going on eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
2. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
3. What is Songs After Dark?
4. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
5. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)