|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
2. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
(a) A curling iron.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A hairbrush.
(d) A baby doll.
3. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
(a) A program where students at Hailsham are encouraged to trade their favorite storybooks.
(b) An art exhibition where students both showed their own work and bought other's work.
(c) A program in which students would visit other schools in the area.
(d) A social hour at Hailsham where students were encouraged to socialize with students from other schools.
4. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
(a) That it was something they physically could not do.
(b) That it could keep them from having to make donations.
(c) That it was more emotional for those who could have children.
(d) That it could be fun.
5. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It was broken.
(d) It was lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Songs After Dark?
2. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
3. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
4. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
5. What are tokens?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)