|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the donor in the narrator's third year grow up, causing her to recall her own childhood at Hailsham?
(d) Kansas City.
2. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Geraldine.
(d) Miss Lucy.
3. What is the woods?
(a) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(b) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(c) A room where the students study horticulture.
(d) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
4. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) An IQ test.
(b) An art exam.
(c) A medical exam.
(d) A drug screening.
5. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Scribbling over students' homework.
(b) Creating a new type of art.
(c) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
(d) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
2. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
3. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
4. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
5. Where is the novel set?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)