|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
(b) That one could easily commit murder.
(c) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
(d) That one could commit suicide easily.
2. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
(b) They are forced to do extra homework.
(c) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
(d) They are murdered.
5. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A calendar.
(b) A paper mache doll.
(c) A small elephant sculpture.
(d) A collage of animal pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Lucy?
2. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
3. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
4. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
5. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)