|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
(a) Because Tommy and Kathy were always able to talk to one another.
(b) Because Kathy is the reason they broke up.
(c) Because Kathy is Tommy's best friend.
(d) Because Kathy has mind washing powers.
2. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
(b) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
(c) That one could commit suicide easily.
(d) That one could easily commit murder.
3. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
4. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
(a) Donate their vital organs.
(b) Live to be very old.
(c) Become doctors and lawyers.
(d) Donate their bodies to scientific experimentation.
5. What is a guardian?
(a) The head nurses in the donor facilities.
(b) The people who govern the clones.
(c) The carers' bosses.
(d) The teachers and administrators at Hailsham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the narrating character?
4. What is the secret guard?
5. What is the woods?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)