|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Seven through eleven.
(b) Five through eight.
(c) Birth to twelve.
(d) Fifteen to seventeen.
2. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
(a) That it was something they physically could not do.
(b) That it could keep them from having to make donations.
(c) That it was more emotional for those who could have children.
(d) That it could be fun.
3. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
4. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has gotten too old to donate.
(c) He has given all his organs and placed in a nursing home.
(d) He has too many illnesses to donate.
5. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Visiting a donor.
(c) Preparing a funeral.
(d) Talking to a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
2. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
3. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
4. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
5. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)