|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
2. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(b) Seven going on eight.
(c) Six going on seven.
3. What is the Lost Corner?
(a) What Miss Emily calls Norfolk becasue of its location.
(b) A dark corner in Kathy's house.
(c) An abandoned broom closet at Hailsham.
(d) The town where the Cottages is located.
4. What is the woods?
(a) A room where the students study horticulture.
(b) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(c) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(d) A wooded area around Hailsham.
5. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
(c) Miss Lucy.
(d) Miss Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the students at Hailsham love the sports pavilion?
2. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
3. Where did the narrator and Tommy often meet in secrecy during their years at Hailsham?
4. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
5. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)