|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She had a fight with Ruth.
(b) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
(c) She gave away guard secrets.
(d) She did not collect her evidence properly.
2. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become millionaires.
(b) To become actors.
(c) To be better educated.
(d) To become doctors.
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
(a) They are made to volunteer to cook lunch.
(b) They are forced to do extra homework.
(c) They are murdered.
(d) They are forced to add to the mural on the wall.
4. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
(a) The lunch queue.
(b) The music room.
(c) The dorm bathrooms.
(d) The art room.
5. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
(a) Because Kathy has mind washing powers.
(b) Because Kathy is Tommy's best friend.
(c) Because Tommy and Kathy were always able to talk to one another.
(d) Because Kathy is the reason they broke up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
2. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
3. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
4. What is the secret guard?
5. What is an exchange, as it is explained in chapter 2?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)