|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Tommy's expressions as he warms up on the sports field with the other boys in chapter 1?
2. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she leave college.
(b) When she stops being a carer.
(c) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(d) When she settles down to have a family.
3. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
(a) An imaginary cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A donkey.
(d) An imaginary horse.
4. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
(a) To become doctors.
(b) To be better educated.
(c) To become millionaires.
(d) To become actors.
5. What is the Lost Corner?
(a) An abandoned broom closet at Hailsham.
(b) The town where the Cottages is located.
(c) A dark corner in Kathy's house.
(d) What Miss Emily calls Norfolk becasue of its location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
2. Where at Hailsham, as the narrator describes in chapter 2, was the best place to have a private talk?
3. What is Songs After Dark?
4. What work of art did Tommy create as a joke that began his torment from other students, as described in chapter 2?
5. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)