|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader in chapter 2 was required of the students at Hailsham once a week?
(a) An IQ test.
(b) An art exam.
(c) A drug screening.
(d) A medical exam.
2. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Scribbling over students' homework.
(b) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
(c) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
(d) Creating a new type of art.
3. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
4. What is the point of view of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Limited omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person.
5. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Fifteen to seventeen.
(b) Birth to twelve.
(c) Seven through eleven.
(d) Five through eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
2. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
3. What warning does Miss Emily offer the students in chapter 7 about having sex with people in the outside world?
4. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
5. Why did the students feel Madame was different, odd?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)