|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to comfort Tommy at the end of chapter 1 during his temper tantrum?
2. Who calls Tommy an idiot in chapter 1 for not seeing that the boys are going to ignore him while picking players for the sports team?
3. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she settles down to have a family.
(b) When she leave college.
(c) When she stops being a carer.
(d) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
4. What are tokens?
(a) Coins used in video games.
(b) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
(c) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(d) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
5. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was broken.
(b) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(c) It was lost.
(d) It was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
2. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
3. How old is the narrating character?
4. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
5. What things in Tommy's behavior does the narrator believe she missed as signs of something that has taken place in chapter 8?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)