|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
(a) He knew Ruth stole it in the first place.
(b) He saw the guardians take it from her room.
(c) He imagined it over and over when it first went missing.
(d) He stole it in the first place.
2. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Emily.
(b) Miss Jody.
(c) Miss Geraldine.
(d) Miss Lucy.
3. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
(a) Residents who were of middle age.
(b) Residents who lived there permanently.
(c) Residents who had been there a year or more.
(d) Residents who acted as guardians to the newcomers.
4. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
(b) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
(c) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
(d) A disgusting way of speaking.
5. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
(a) She does not want anyone to observe them and think they are up to something wrong.
(b) She does not want to get her pants wet.
(c) She does not want to let Tommy know how she feels about him.
(d) She does not want to give Tommy the wrong impression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
2. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
3. At the end of chapter 4, what does Ruth accuse the narrator of doing all wrong?
4. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
5. Whose behavior does the narrator accuse Ruth of copying at the end of chapter 10?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)