|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ages of the Junior classes at Hailsham?
(a) Fifteen to seventeen.
(b) Birth to twelve.
(c) Five through eight.
(d) Seven through eleven.
2. What are tokens?
(a) Coins used in video games.
(b) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(c) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
3. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
(a) A thesis.
(b) A short story.
(c) An essay.
(d) A novel.
4. What does Miss Lucy tell the students in chapter 7 they are destined to do?
(a) Live to be very old.
(b) Become doctors and lawyers.
(c) Donate their vital organs.
(d) Donate their bodies to scientific experimentation.
5. Who does the narrator continuously refer to as the veterans in chapter 10?
(a) Residents who acted as guardians to the newcomers.
(b) Residents who lived there permanently.
(c) Residents who were of middle age.
(d) Residents who had been there a year or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
2. How long does narrator say Miss Geraldine told her Madame has been coming to their school?
3. What would the narrator often hold while listening to her favorite song, Never Let Me Go?
4. Why is the narrator reluctant to sit beside Tommy in chapter 3 when they meet at the pond?
5. In chapter 14, what causes Rodney's group to run away from the office?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)