|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what causes Rodney's group to run away from the office?
(a) One of the women waves to them.
(b) A cop tells them to move on.
(c) A dog begins barking at them.
(d) A child stops and stares at them.
2. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Clone rights.
(b) Modern American novels.
(c) Victorian novels.
(d) Women's rights.
3. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
(a) They are cheap and are always on hand.
(b) They are a cheap alternative to construction paper.
(c) They like to use them as postcards.
(d) They like the art on them.
4. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She wants to confront the woman.
(d) She wants to go back.
5. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
(a) A few tokens.
(b) A new hand mirror.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) A new tape of ballroom dancing music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Songs After Dark?
2. Who asks Tommy to get back into his art in chapter 9?
3. Who plots to prove Madame's fear of the students at Hailsham?
4. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
5. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)