|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(b) Space exploration.
(d) The sea.
2. What is the woods?
(a) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(b) A room where the students study horticulture.
(c) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(d) A wooded area around Hailsham.
3. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
(b) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
(c) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(d) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
4. What changes does the narrator note about her relationship with Ruby in chapter 11?
(a) They fight more, but they share confidences more.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) They are closer than ever.
(d) They fight constantly and hate one another.
5. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the term completion mean when applied to a donor?
2. What are Sales?
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
4. What does Ruth give the narrator in chapter 6 to replace her lost tape?
5. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)