|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the students at Hailsham allowed to wear on weekends, but not during the week?
(a) Their own clothing.
(b) Team jerseys.
2. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Geraldine.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Lucy.
3. In what room was the art displayed for Madame?
(a) The billiards room.
(b) The lunch room.
(c) An empty dorm room.
(d) The art room.
4. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Preparing to go home.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Working at computers.
(d) Studying books.
5. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
(a) A disgusting way of blowing her nose.
(b) A disgusting way of speaking.
(c) A disgusting way of eating her dessert.
(d) A disgusting way of drinking tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, why does Chrissie say she and Rodney like to buy birthday cards in bulk?
2. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
3. What writing assignment were the Hailsham students supposed to be working on during their two years at the Cottages?
4. What is Bramble, as described in chapter 4?
5. Why do Peter and Gordon say they want to go to America in chapter 7?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)