|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
(a) Working at computers.
(b) Studying books.
(c) Preparing to go home.
(d) Eating lunch.
2. What was the secret guards evidence against the conspirators?
(a) Drawings of crime scenes.
(b) Witnessed conversations.
(c) Pictures of strangers.
(d) Written confessions.
3. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
(b) Scribbling over students' homework.
(c) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
(d) Creating a new type of art.
4. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About donations.
(b) About their future careers.
(c) About their work as carers.
(d) About art.
5. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Great Expectations.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Daniel Deronda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
2. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
3. Who was often blamed, as mentioned in chapter 11, for all the pornographic magazines discovered at the Cottages?
4. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
5. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)