|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, what was the predominate theme of the artwork in Portway Studios?
(c) Space exploration.
(d) The sea.
2. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She wants to go back.
(c) She wants to forget the whole episode.
(d) She wants to confront the woman.
3. What does Tommy tell the narrator that he thinks Miss Lucy feels the students are not being taught properly?
(a) About their work as carers.
(b) About art.
(c) About donations.
(d) About their future careers.
4. What was the Cottages before it became a halfway house for clones?
(a) A farm.
(b) A private school.
(c) A health spa.
(d) A resort.
5. What does the narrator say the students used their tokens on?
(a) Extra food in the cafeteria.
(b) Presents for parents and relatives.
(c) Clothing and decorations for their desks.
(d) Video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice is strongly discouraged at Hailsham?
2. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
3. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. How long does the narrator recall the secret guard lasting?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)