|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The house was in poor repair.
(b) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(c) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
(d) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
2. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
(a) She criticized Ruby's friendships outside the Hailsham alum.
(b) She knows now she should have tried harder to make friends.
(c) She struggled to make friends with the veterans.
(d) She believes Ruby was only trying to help.
3. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
4. To where does Ruth and her friends follow the possible from the office in chapter 14?
(a) A gym.
(b) A dog park.
(c) A gallery.
(d) A hospital.
5. What does the narrator reveal in chapter 10 her topic was for her writing assignment when she first arrived at the Cottages?
(a) Women's rights.
(b) Clone rights.
(c) Victorian novels.
(d) Modern American novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did Miss Emily give for the lack of tokens offered in exchange for the art Madame took away?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
3. How long after the secret guard ended did Ruth appear in class with a pencil case?
4. Who first suggested that Madame was frightened of the students at Hailsham?
5. Who did the narrator once see giving a speech to an imaginary classroom, as described in chapter 4?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)