|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose departure from Hailsham shocks all the students in chapter 9?
(a) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Lucy.
2. What does the narrator tell the reader unzipping meant to the students at Hailsham in chapter 7?
(a) They could unzip their bodies and provide organs easily.
(b) They could unzip their spines and remove their skeletons.
(c) They could unzip their heads and reveal their intelligence.
(d) They could unzip their clothing and show off their internal organs.
3. What are tokens?
(a) Rewards students are given for the artwork they supply to the exchanges.
(b) Coins used in video games.
(c) Toys for small children at Hailsham.
(d) Gifts for good grades at Hailsham.
4. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
(a) Preparing a funeral.
(c) Talking to a friend.
(d) Visiting a donor.
5. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Daniel Deronda.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Oliver Twist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
2. Who is Keffers?
3. What rumors abound at Hailsham about students who wander into the woods?
4. What does Ruth want to do after being run off from the office where her possible works in chapter 14?
5. In chapter 14, who does Ruth tell Chrissie she would need to contact if she wanted a deferral?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)