|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is the narrator reading in chapter 10 that Ruth rudely begins to describe the plot of to her?
(a) Daniel Deronda.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) Great Expectations.
(d) Oliver Twist.
2. What is the woods?
(a) A wooded area around Hailsham.
(b) A mural on the wall of Hailsham's cafeteria.
(c) A hall at Hailsham that is decorated with trees.
(d) A room where the students study horticulture.
3. In chapter 15, what does Tommy suggest Madame does with the art from the Hailsham students?
(a) Uses it to determine when a clone should train as a carer.
(b) Uses it to raise money for the school.
(c) Uses it to determine who should receive deferments.
(d) Uses it to determine who should become a donor.
4. What changes does the narrator note about her relationship with Ruby in chapter 11?
(a) They are closer than ever.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) They fight constantly and hate one another.
(d) They fight more, but they share confidences more.
5. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
2. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
3. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
4. Who suggests that Kathy might be Tommy's next girlfriend in chapter 9?
5. What is the narrator doing as she recalls these events from her past, as a student at Hailsham?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)