|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
(a) The caretaker rarely brought in enough heaters.
(b) The house was impossible to heat due to its size.
(c) The house was in poor repair.
(d) The weather made it impossible to keep up with the temperatures.
2. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth said she was.
(b) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
(c) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(d) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
3. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
(a) Because Kathy is Tommy's best friend.
(b) Because Kathy is the reason they broke up.
(c) Because Tommy and Kathy were always able to talk to one another.
(d) Because Kathy has mind washing powers.
4. How old was the narrator when she first recalls making friends with Ruth?
(a) Six going on seven.
(b) Seven going on eight.
5. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
(a) Miss Jody.
(b) Miss Lucy.
(c) Miss Emily.
(d) Miss Geraldine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Moira B?
2. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
3. In chapter 14, what are the office workers doing when Rodney points out Ruth's possible?
4. Why does the narrator suggest Ruby was correct in accusing her of making no friends outside of Hailsham alum?
5. In chapter 15, what does Tommy tell Kathy that he heard Miss Emily said about the artwork Madame took from the school?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)