|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe as a piece of art she bought at an Exchange in chapter 8?
(a) A paper mache doll.
(b) A calendar.
(c) A collage of animal pictures.
(d) A small elephant sculpture.
2. What does the narrator think of in chapter 15 when Tommy describes his new art creations to her?
(a) They are symbolic of their existence.
(b) They are a clear revealing of Tommy's feelings.
(c) They are childish.
(d) They are very creative.
3. Who does Ruth want to know if the narrator likes at the end of chapter 4?
(a) Miss Geraldine.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Jody.
(d) Miss Lucy.
4. In chapter 15, why does Tommy think he has blown his future by refusing to participate in art at Hailsham?
(a) He has nothing they can use to determine if he should get a deferment.
(b) They have nothing to earn money for his care.
(c) They have nothing to help choose when he should become a carer.
(d) They have nothing to determine if he should be a donor.
5. What did Kathy see Miss Lucy doing in a quiet classroom at the beginning of chapter 8?
(a) Creating a new type of art.
(b) Scribbling over students' homework.
(c) Blacking out lines on unknown papers.
(d) Encouraging Tommy to create more art.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, why does Kathy delay showing Tommy she has found the Judy Bridgewater tape?
2. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
3. In chapter 15, what kind of shops did Tommy and Kathy initially visit in the search for her Judy Bridgewater tape?
4. What was the Cottages before it became a halfway house for clones?
5. Why was often terribly cold in the farmhouse at the Cottages, as mentioned in chapter 10?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)