|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many others from their class does the narrator say came to the Cottages in chapter 10?
2. Why does Ruth ask Kathy to ask Tommy to come back to her in chapter 9?
(a) Because Kathy has mind washing powers.
(b) Because Kathy is Tommy's best friend.
(c) Because Kathy is the reason they broke up.
(d) Because Tommy and Kathy were always able to talk to one another.
3. What joke do the children at Hailsham make when discussing the electrified fences that often circled the concentration camps during World War II?
(a) That one could suffer a large electric bill that way.
(b) That one could commit suicide easily.
(c) That one could fry eggs quite easily.
(d) That one could easily commit murder.
4. In chapter 15, why does the narrator tell Tommy she often looks at models in magazines?
(a) To find someone to admire.
(b) To find lost friends.
(c) To find her possible.
(d) To find her parents.
5. When does the narrator hope she might be able to have more time to listen to her favorite music tape?
(a) When she leave college.
(b) When she retires from her bookkeeping job.
(c) When she settles down to have a family.
(d) When she stops being a carer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura teach the narrator in chapter 7 in order to discourage boys?
2. In chapter 15, why does Tommy tell Kathy he wanted to find the Judy Bridgewater tape for her?
3. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
4. What are Sales?
5. With whom has Tommy recently had a break up as described in chapter 8?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)