One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the narrator kicked out of the secret guard?
(a) She had a fight with Ruth.
(b) She did not collect her evidence properly.
(c) She gave away guard secrets.
(d) She allowed Miss Geraldine to be injured.
2. Why did the narrator believe Ruth to be a good chess player?
(a) Ruth had a collection of books on the subject.
(b) Ruth often voiced a desire to play the game.
(c) Ruth said she was.
(d) Ruth often commented on chess games in progress.
3. What lie has Ruth told Chrissie that Tommy nearly blows for her in chapter 13?
(a) That a Hailsham student became a barrister.
(b) That a Hailsham student became a bookkeeper.
(c) That a Hailsham student became a park keeper.
(d) That a Hailsham student became a doctor.
4. What happened in chapter 6 to the tape the narrator hid in her dorm room that contained her favorite song?
(a) It was garbled in the tape machine.
(b) It was lost.
(c) It was broken.
(d) It was stolen.
5. Why do Rodney and Chrissie believe the students from Hailsham might know about deferrals?
(a) They were more privledged.
(b) They have more access to the rule books.
(c) They are smarter.
(d) They are closer to the guardians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to the students that she has indulged in the forbidden vice in chapter 6?
2. What is the Lost Corner?
3. What is the woods?
4. How does the narrator say the trip to Norfolk was nearly called off at the beginning of chapter 13?
5. In chapter 18, the narrator learns that Hailsham is to be turned into what?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)