|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
2. What action does Rosicky take when Rudolph flushes crimson and has a flash in his eye?
3. How many years has it been since Dr. Ed has had a vacation?
4. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
5. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
Essay Topic 1
In "Neighbor Rosicky", Mary feeds other creatures and it is described as her natural expression of affection. Of course Mary gives food to her animals and children, but what other ways does Mary "feed" her family? What does Mary find most important in life? Is this the same thing that Anton focuses on? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
In the story, "Neighbor Rosicky", there are many times where Anton Rosicky is described in detail. The descriptions used in the story help the reader discover who Anton Rosicky is. Why do you think Willa Cather spent so much time describing Anton's physical appearance? How do these descriptions help shape the reader's opinion of Anton? Use specific examples from the story to support your findings.
Essay Topic 3
In the short story, "Neighbor Rosicky", Anton Rosicky is obviously the protagonist. Who or what in the book would be considered to be the antagonist? What is your reasoning behind this conclusion? Cite specific examples from the story to support your views.
This section contains 1,613 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)