|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
2. What does Rudolph leave in the barn?
3. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
4. How many acres of corn do the Rosickys have?
5. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the story of "Neighbor Rosicky", there is an underlying theme of pride. Rosicky has great pride in his family, in his profession, and in his land. Why does Rosicky feel pride for his family? Why does he feel pride for his land? Why is Rosicky proud of the choice he made to come to the country and farm the land? Does Rosicky's pride seem boastful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Rosicky sits down and tells Mary about his visit with Doctor Ed, Mary raises her voice and is upset with the news about Anton's heart. Why does Mary act this way? What do you think is running through Mary's mind as she is hearing the news?
Essay Topic 3
In "Neighbor Rosicky", Mary feeds other creatures and it is described as her natural expression of affection. Of course Mary gives food to her animals and children, but what other ways does Mary "feed" her family? What does Mary find most important in life? Is this the same thing that Anton focuses on? If so, why?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)