Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
2. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
3. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
4. What is the name of Rosicky's wife?
5. How many boys does Rosicky have?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Rudolph and Polly leave for town what does Rosicky do?
2. What makes Polly want to drop her head on Rosicky's shoulder?
3. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
4. Describe Polly's family.
5. What was the worst thing Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
6. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
7. How did Rosicky end up in New York?
8. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
9. Why doesn't Rosicky agree to go with Rudolph to the movies when Polly suggests it to him?
10. Why did Polly marry Rudolph and how did they know each other?
Essay Topic 1
In the story, "Neighbor Rosicky", Anton Rosicky is considered to be a city boy whereas Mary Rosicky is described as a country girl. Compare and contrast these two characters. Do they make a good couple? How do their personalities differ and is this beneficial to their relationship? Why or why not? How is Anton strong for Mary? How is Mary strong for Anton? Would you consider their relationship equal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
During the opening lines of the story, "Neighbor Rosicky", we are introduced to Doctor Ed Burleigh. Describe Rosicky and Doctor Burleigh's relationship. Would you consider their relationship to be strictly a doctor and patient connection? Why or why not? How does Doctor Ed feel about Rosicky? How does Rosicky feel about Doctor Ed? What kind of dynamic does their relationship bring to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story of "Neighbor Rosicky", there is an underlying theme of pride. Rosicky has great pride in his family, in his profession, and in his land. Why does Rosicky feel pride for his family? Why does he feel pride for his land? Why is Rosicky proud of the choice he made to come to the country and farm the land? Does Rosicky's pride seem boastful? Why or why not?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)