Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
2. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
3. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
4. What is the name of Rosicky's wife?
5. How many boys does Rosicky have?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Rudolph and Polly leave for town what does Rosicky do?
2. What makes Polly want to drop her head on Rosicky's shoulder?
3. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
4. Describe Polly's family.
5. What was the worst thing Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
6. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
7. How did Rosicky end up in New York?
8. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
9. Why doesn't Rosicky agree to go with Rudolph to the movies when Polly suggests it to him?
10. Why did Polly marry Rudolph and how did they know each other?
In the story, "Neighbor Rosicky", there are many times where Anton Rosicky is described in detail. The descriptions used in the story help the reader discover who Anton Rosicky is. Why do you think Willa Cather spent so much time describing Anton's physical appearance? How do these descriptions help shape the reader's opinion of Anton? Use specific examples from the story to support your findings.
When Rosicky sits down and tells Mary about his visit with Doctor Ed, Mary raises her voice and is upset with the news about Anton's heart. Why does Mary act this way? What do you think is running through Mary's mind as she is hearing the news?
During the opening lines of the story, "Neighbor Rosicky", we are introduced to Doctor Ed Burleigh. Describe Rosicky and Doctor Burleigh's relationship. Would you consider their relationship to be strictly a doctor and patient connection? Why or why not? How does Doctor Ed feel about Rosicky? How does Rosicky feel about Doctor Ed? What kind of dynamic does their relationship bring to the story?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)