|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosicky reaches the windmill he sways and catches what?
(a) The house.
(b) The car.
(c) The ladder.
(d) His horse.
2. What does Rosicky hope for his boys?
(a) That they will have many children.
(b) That they will never need his farm.
(c) That they will marry beautiful women.
(d) That they can get through without knowing much about the cruelty of human beings.
3. What does Mary set down in the middle of the group?
(a) A stack of laundry.
(b) Dessert dishes.
(c) Her darning basket.
(d) A flower pot.
4. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill?
(a) He looks into his kitchen window.
(b) He looks up at the stars.
(c) He lights his pipe.
(d) He sits down on the ground.
5. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
(a) Depraved and poisonous specimens of man.
(b) Dirty and loud cities.
(c) Persuasive and gloating men and women.
(d) Lowly and cowardly people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosicky find under his wooden box that he used for a stool?
2. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
3. Polly comes running toward Rosicky with the swiftness of what?
4. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
5. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)