|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary set down in the middle of the group?
(a) A stack of laundry.
(b) Her darning basket.
(c) Dessert dishes.
(d) A flower pot.
2. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
(a) She directs them.
(b) She sings for them.
(c) She plays the organ for them.
(d) She makes their gowns.
3. What does Polly want to do after Rosicky grips her elbows and shows his funny bright eyes?
(a) She wants to kiss his cheek.
(b) She wants to hug Rosicky.
(c) She wants to drop her head on his shoulder.
(d) She wants to weep.
4. Whom was Rosicky's cousin supposed to be working for in London?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A confectioner.
(c) A chef.
(d) A carpenter
5. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
(a) Smart people.
(b) Wealthy and educated people.
(c) Most people.
(d) Dishonest and cruel people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill?
2. When Rosicky sits down to have a pipe what does he listen to?
3. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
4. How many sisters does Polly have?
5. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)