|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A river.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A barn.
(d) A mailbox.
2. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
(a) A curved stone.
(b) A shell on an old turtle.
(c) A straight wooden plank.
(d) A cat's arched back.
3. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
(a) His sewing.
(b) His family.
(c) His land.
(d) His animals.
4. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) In the fields.
(b) On boats.
(c) In shops.
(d) In caves.
5. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kolache stuffed with that Mrs. Rosicky takes out of the oven?
2. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
3. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
4. What do Mary and Anton speak to each other besides English?
5. What did Rosicky keep in order when he lived in the loft with Zichec?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusion does the doctor come to about the Rosicky family at the end of Part 1?
2. After Rudolph and Polly leave for town what does Rosicky do?
3. According to Rosicky, what is the problem with big cities?
4. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
5. When the doctor arrived for breakfast at the Rosicky home, what did the children help him with?
6. Describe the Lifschnitz home.
7. Describe Rosicky's farm.
8. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
9. What is Rosicky the first to know about from Polly?
10. What did Anton Rosicky do when he found out his cousin had moved to America?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)