|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(d) Green beans.
2. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
3. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
(b) Black tea.
(d) Olive oil.
4. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A river.
(c) A windmill.
(d) A barn.
5. How many years did Rosicky spend in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mary and Anton speak to each other besides English?
2. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
3. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
4. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
5. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Polly's appearance when Rosicky brings the car to her and Rudolph's house.
2. Why did Polly marry Rudolph and how did they know each other?
3. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
4. Why does the doctor tell Rosicky he wants to see Rosicky live a few years and enjoy them?
5. What does Rosicky reflect on as he is looking out his window and listening to the wind blow?
6. What does Rosicky do when he leaves Doctor Burleigh's office?
7. What did Rosicky's boys like to do on Saturday nights?
8. Why doesn't Rosicky agree to go with Rudolph to the movies when Polly suggests it to him?
9. Where in New York did Rosicky come to and what did he do there?
10. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)