|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From a kindly neigbor.
(b) From plays and poetry.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) At night school.
2. What is the name of Mr. Rosicky's youngest son?
3. What does Mr. Rosicky encounter when he goes out to his wagon?
4. What amuses Rosicky about the girl who always waits on him at the store?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her polished nails.
(c) Her red lipstick.
(d) Her plucked eyebrows.
5. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) John Rosicky.
(b) Mr. Rosicky.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Mrs. Rosicky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the stripes that the ticking has that Mr. Rosicky buys?
2. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
3. What does Mr. Rosicky smell when he enters the kitchen?
4. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
5. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
2. Why did the doctor stop by last winter for breakfast at the Rosickys'?
3. Why didn't Mary want to sell more cream when the creamery agent tried to persuade them otherwise?
4. What were Mary and Anton doing on the Fourth of July when it was so hot that it burned up everything?
5. Why doesn't Rosicky agree to go with Rudolph to the movies when Polly suggests it to him?
6. What conclusion does the doctor come to about the Rosicky family at the end of Part 1?
7. Describe Christmas Eve.
8. What does Rosicky reflect on as he is looking out his window and listening to the wind blow?
9. What is the biggest difference between Mary and Anton?
10. What happened when Anton tried to find his cousin in London?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)