|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did the young Rosicky find out what was "the matter with him"?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) The twenty-fourth of July.
(c) The Fourth of July.
2. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
(b) Cleaning floors.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Fixing the plumbing.
3. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
(a) Their farm.
(b) Their coffee or pipe.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their crops and animals.
4. How old is Rosicky?
5. What is the name of the girl that waits on Mr. Rosicky?
(a) Miss Lily.
(b) Miss Pearl.
(c) Miss Rose.
(d) Miss Ruby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosicky keep in order when he lived in the loft with Zichec?
2. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
3. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
4. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
5. How many years did Rosicky spend in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Polly's family.
2. What kind of work does the doctor limit Rosicky to?
3. When the doctor arrived for breakfast at the Rosicky home, what did the children help him with?
4. What did Anton Rosicky do when he found out his cousin had moved to America?
5. Why does Rosicky want the alfalfa field to prosper so much?
6. As the doctor writes the prescription for Rosicky, whom does he inquire about and who are they?
7. Describe the Lifschnitz home.
8. Describe Rosicky's physical appearance.
9. Why does the doctor tell Rosicky he wants to see Rosicky live a few years and enjoy them?
10. Describe Rosicky and Zichec's life in the loft.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)