|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
2. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
3. Rosicky claims he was short of breath doing what last summer?
(a) Shearing sheep.
(b) Birthing a cow.
(c) Shelling corn.
(d) Pitching hay.
4. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
(b) Black tea.
(c) Olive oil.
5. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
2. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
3. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
4. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
5. What is the name of the neighbors that sold more cream than the Rosickys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Mary and Anton agreed upon about life?
2. Describe the sight of the snow falling from Rosicky's perspective.
3. Describe the Rosicky home as Mary and Anton enter it.
4. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
5. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
6. Why is it bothersome to Rosicky to tell a story to the family?
7. Describe the Lifschnitz home.
8. Where in New York did Rosicky come to and what did he do there?
9. What were Mary and Anton doing on the Fourth of July when it was so hot that it burned up everything?
10. Describe Christmas Eve.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)