|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(a) Large stones.
2. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
(a) So his wife can make coats for the children.
(b) So his wife can make goose-feather pillows.
(c) So his wife can make blankets for the horses.
(d) So his wife can cover their worn mattresses..
3. What kind of papers does Rosicky keep on his shelf?
4. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
5. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
2. What is Rosicky's first name?
3. What amuses Rosicky about the girl who always waits on him at the store?
4. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
5. Who said, "You must take us as you find us, Doctor Ed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Rosicky live in New York?
2. What did the Methodist preacher encounter when he came to the Rosicky home?
3. As the doctor writes the prescription for Rosicky, whom does he inquire about and who are they?
4. Why did the doctor stop by last winter for breakfast at the Rosickys'?
5. After Rudolph and Polly leave for town what does Rosicky do?
6. When Doctor Burleigh tells Rosicky that he has a bad heart, what is Rosicky's excuse for feeling short of breath?
7. What does Rosicky tell the girl at the store about the ticking that he buys for Mrs. Rosicky?
8. What kind of work does the doctor limit Rosicky to?
9. Describe Rosicky and Zichec's life in the loft.
10. Describe the sight of the snow falling from Rosicky's perspective.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)