|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
(a) He gets a ride with a neighbor.
(b) He drives his Ford.
(c) He walks.
(d) He rides in his wagon.
2. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A bed.
(b) A desk.
(c) A closet.
3. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
4. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From plays and poetry.
(b) From a kindly neigbor.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) At night school.
5. What is the name of Mr. Rosicky's youngest son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Anton live with after his mother died?
2. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
3. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
4. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
5. What carries a dry, cool fragrance that is released into the air?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Rosicky home as Mary and Anton enter it.
2. What did the Methodist preacher encounter when he came to the Rosicky home?
3. Why would Rosicky rather have his sons deal with the hardships of country farm life than deal with city life?
4. When Doctor Burleigh tells Rosicky that he has a bad heart, what is Rosicky's excuse for feeling short of breath?
5. Where did Rosicky live in New York?
6. What are the two years of his youth that Rosicky doesn't like to remember?
7. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
8. After Rudolph and Polly leave for town what does Rosicky do?
9. Describe Rosicky and Zichec's life in the loft.
10. Describe Polly's family.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)