|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the loft where Rosicky lived smell good?
(a) Because of the lilac bushes in the front of the factory.
(b) Because of the fine lumber put up there to season.
(c) Because of the leather that was drying next door.
(d) Because of the sea breeze.
2. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A pond.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A horse pasture.
(d) A graveyard.
3. What did Mary think the neighbor children look like?
(a) Paper thin people.
(b) Skimmed milk.
(c) Skinny cats.
(d) Slim boards.
4. What is the name of the girl that waits on Mr. Rosicky?
(a) Miss Lily.
(b) Miss Pearl.
(c) Miss Rose.
(d) Miss Ruby.
5. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) In caves.
(b) In the fields.
(c) On boats.
(d) In shops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Mr. Rosicky's handkerchief?
2. When the doctor says, "Oh, yes! They're coming. Maybe they'd come faster if I married," what is he talking about?
3. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
4. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
5. What kind of woman is Mr. Rosicky "ain't much fur"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Rosicky family have supper in Part 5?
2. What is Rosicky the first to know about from Polly?
3. Why didn't Mary want to sell more cream when the creamery agent tried to persuade them otherwise?
4. Why did Polly marry Rudolph and how did they know each other?
5. Describe the Lifschnitz home.
6. What kind of work does the doctor limit Rosicky to?
7. Where did Rosicky live in New York?
8. Describe Rosicky and Zichec's life in the loft.
9. Why does Rosicky want the alfalfa field to prosper so much?
10. What happened to Anton when his mother died?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)