|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
(a) Girls, and oysters.
(d) Beer and oysters.
2. Who does Rudolph state had been lifting heavy milk cans?
(a) Mr. Rosicky.
(b) Mrs. Marshall.
(c) Mrs. Rosicky.
3. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A hog in de garden".
(b) "A boy in de mud".
(c) "A cat on de fence".
(d) "A horse on de run".
4. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From a kindly neigbor.
(b) From plays and poetry.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) At night school.
5. What is the color of the stripes that the ticking has that Mr. Rosicky buys?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
2. What did Mary think the neighbor children look like?
3. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
4. Why did the loft where Rosicky lived smell good?
5. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the doctor stop by last winter for breakfast at the Rosickys'?
2. Describe the Lifschnitz home.
3. What makes Polly want to drop her head on Rosicky's shoulder?
4. How did Rosicky end up in New York?
5. What is the doctor's response to Rosicky when Rosicky suggests he just get a new heart?
6. Why was it hard for Rosicky to figure out why he felt "restless"?
7. What did Anton Rosicky do when he found out his cousin had moved to America?
8. What does Rosicky tell the girl at the store about the ticking that he buys for Mrs. Rosicky?
9. According to Rosicky, what is the problem with big cities?
10. What were Mary and Anton doing on the Fourth of July when it was so hot that it burned up everything?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)