|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rudolph state had been lifting heavy milk cans?
(a) Mrs. Marshall.
(b) Mrs. Rosicky.
(c) Mr. Rosicky.
2. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
(d) New York.
3. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
4. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
5. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
(a) His notebook.
(b) His pen.
(c) His stethoscope.
(d) His thermometer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the farmer that had the big rich farm and a wife who had just had a baby?
2. What was Rosicky's desire?
3. Rosicky complains that though he is getting to be an old man he's not what yet?
4. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
5. What does Rosicky ask the doctor for instead of pills for his bad heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusion does the doctor come to about the Rosicky family at the end of Part 1?
2. When the doctor picks ups his stethoscope, why does he frown?
3. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
4. Why would Rosicky rather have his sons deal with the hardships of country farm life than deal with city life?
5. Describe Rosicky's physical appearance.
6. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
7. What did the Methodist preacher encounter when he came to the Rosicky home?
8. What does Rudolph tell his father after his father says that if they have plenty to eat and water to clean then they don't have it hard?
9. Describe the sight of the snow falling from Rosicky's perspective.
10. What happened when Anton tried to find his cousin in London?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)