|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(d) Large stones.
2. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(a) Green beans.
3. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
(a) An empty field.
(b) The general merchandise place.
(c) The livestock yard.
(d) The grocery store.
4. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
5. What color is Mr. Rosicky's handkerchief?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
2. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
3. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
4. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
5. What was Rosicky's desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rosicky's farm.
2. When the doctor picks ups his stethoscope, why does he frown?
3. What was the worst thing Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
4. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
5. Describe Polly's family.
6. What were Mary and Anton doing on the Fourth of July when it was so hot that it burned up everything?
7. How did Rosicky end up in New York?
8. As the doctor writes the prescription for Rosicky, whom does he inquire about and who are they?
9. What happened when Anton tried to find his cousin in London?
10. When the doctor arrived for breakfast at the Rosicky home, what did the children help him with?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)