|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
(a) So his wife can make goose-feather pillows.
(b) So his wife can make blankets for the horses.
(c) So his wife can cover their worn mattresses..
(d) So his wife can make coats for the children.
2. When Mr. Rosicky enters the farm-implement store what does he put on?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His hat.
3. Whom did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) Merchants at the market.
(b) Sea captains.
(d) Shop owners from South America.
4. What does Rosicky have that is long and brown?
(b) A mustache.
(c) A rake.
(d) A cigar.
5. What is the name of the place in the house where Rosicky works?
(a) "Father's Corner".
(b) "Rosicky's work place".
(c) "Father's work place".
(d) "Rosicky's Corner".
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
2. What carries a dry, cool fragrance that is released into the air?
3. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
4. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
5. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
2. What kind of work does the doctor limit Rosicky to?
3. Describe the Rosicky home as Mary and Anton enter it.
4. Why did Polly marry Rudolph and how did they know each other?
5. What are the two years of his youth that Rosicky doesn't like to remember?
6. What are the conditions like when the spring season finally arrives on the Rosicky farm?
7. What happened to Anton when his mother died?
8. Why was it hard for Rosicky to figure out why he felt "restless"?
9. What is the doctor's response to Rosicky when Rosicky suggests he just get a new heart?
10. Describe Polly's appearance when Rosicky brings the car to her and Rudolph's house.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)