|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
(a) A cat's arched back.
(b) A curved stone.
(c) A straight wooden plank.
(d) A shell on an old turtle.
2. Rosicky thinks his heart is fine but that he has a little of what?
(a) The flu.
(c) Chicken Pox.
3. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) South America.
(b) South America and the East.
(c) Central America.
(d) The East.
4. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
(a) They "took you away from your loves".
(b) They "sealed you into a world of work and pain".
(c) They "captured your freedom".
(d) They "cemented you away from any contact with the ground".
5. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
(a) His sewing.
(b) His animals.
(c) His land.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rosicky's youngest son?
2. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
3. What is the color of the stripes that the ticking has that Mr. Rosicky buys?
4. What color are the grapes on the Rosickys' table?
5. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the doctor tell Rosicky he wants to see Rosicky live a few years and enjoy them?
2. Why would Rosicky rather have his sons deal with the hardships of country farm life than deal with city life?
3. What is the doctor's response to Rosicky when Rosicky suggests he just get a new heart?
4. Why does Rosicky tell Polly not to telephone his "place"?
5. Why does Rosicky want the alfalfa field to prosper so much?
6. Where did Rosicky live in New York?
7. Describe Rosicky's farm.
8. What did Anton Rosicky do when he found out his cousin had moved to America?
9. What does Rosicky do when he leaves Doctor Burleigh's office?
10. Describe Rosicky's physical appearance.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)