|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape are Rosicky's eyes?
2. Rosicky claims he was short of breath doing what last summer?
(a) Shelling corn.
(b) Shearing sheep.
(c) Pitching hay.
(d) Birthing a cow.
3. Mary tells the creamery agent that she would rather put some color into her children's faces than what?
(a) Feed the cattle more grain.
(b) Buy a bigger home.
(c) Buy more land.
(d) Put money into the bank.
4. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A pond.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A horse pasture.
5. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
2. Whom did Loeffler buy wood from?
3. What did Rosicky keep in order when he lived in the loft with Zichec?
4. What was the name of the farmer that had the big rich farm and a wife who had just had a baby?
5. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Anton Rosicky do when he found out his cousin had moved to America?
2. Why is it bothersome to Rosicky to tell a story to the family?
3. What did Rosicky's boys like to do on Saturday nights?
4. How did Rosicky end up in New York?
5. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
6. Where did Rosicky live in New York?
7. Describe Polly's family.
8. When the doctor picks ups his stethoscope, why does he frown?
9. Why doesn't Rosicky agree to go with Rudolph to the movies when Polly suggests it to him?
10. What conclusion does the doctor come to about the Rosicky family at the end of Part 1?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)