|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(a) Green beans.
2. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) Central America.
(b) The East.
(c) South America and the East.
(d) South America.
3. How many boys does Rosicky have?
4. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) Mr. Rosicky.
(b) Mrs. Rosicky.
(c) The doctor.
(d) John Rosicky.
5. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
(a) His family.
(b) His animals.
(c) His sewing.
(d) His land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rosicky learn English?
2. When the doctor says, "Oh, yes! They're coming. Maybe they'd come faster if I married," what is he talking about?
3. What did Mary think the neighbor children look like?
4. What is Rosicky's first name?
5. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Anton when his mother died?
2. Why did Polly marry Rudolph and how did they know each other?
3. Why doesn't Rosicky agree to go with Rudolph to the movies when Polly suggests it to him?
4. Why didn't Mary want to sell more cream when the creamery agent tried to persuade them otherwise?
5. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
6. Describe Christmas Eve.
7. Describe the Rosicky home as Mary and Anton enter it.
8. Where in New York did Rosicky come to and what did he do there?
9. When Mary leaves to go to town to see Doctor Ed, what does she have her boys do?
10. Why does Doctor Ed consider the country graveyard where Rosicky is buried to be beautiful?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)