|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosicky ask the doctor for instead of pills for his bad heart?
(a) A new heart.
(b) A pipe.
(c) Some coffee.
(d) A pacemaker.
2. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
(a) He rides in his wagon.
(b) He drives his Ford.
(c) He walks.
(d) He gets a ride with a neighbor.
3. What does Rosicky have that is long and brown?
(a) A mustache.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A rake.
4. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
(d) New York.
5. What do Mary and Anton speak to each other besides English?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that waits on Mr. Rosicky?
2. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
3. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
4. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
5. When Mr. Rosicky enters the farm-implement store what does he put on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doctor Ed consider the country graveyard where Rosicky is buried to be beautiful?
2. According to Rosicky, what is the problem with big cities?
3. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
4. Why did the winter turn out badly for the farmers?
5. When the doctor picks ups his stethoscope, why does he frown?
6. What conclusion does the doctor come to about the Rosicky family at the end of Part 1?
7. When the doctor arrived for breakfast at the Rosicky home, what did the children help him with?
8. What is the biggest difference between Mary and Anton?
9. What is the doctor's response to Rosicky when Rosicky suggests he just get a new heart?
10. Describe Rosicky's farm.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)