|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did the young Rosicky find out what was "the matter with him"?
(b) The twenty-fourth of July.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
(a) Farm work.
3. How many years does Dr. Burleigh think Rosicky's heart is good for?
(a) Five or six years.
(b) Nine or ten years.
(c) Two or three years.
(d) Six or seven years.
4. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
(b) They yell for their mother.
(c) They yell at their father to stop.
(d) They take the fork from him.
5. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
(b) Black tea.
(c) Olive oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rosicky's desire?
2. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
3. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
4. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
5. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rosicky tell Polly not to telephone his "place"?
2. Why is Rosicky so fond of his boys?
3. What have Mary and Anton agreed upon about life?
4. What were Rosicky's Saturday nights like in New York?
5. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
6. Why does Rosicky want the alfalfa field to prosper so much?
7. What was the worst thing Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
8. Why would Rosicky rather have his sons deal with the hardships of country farm life than deal with city life?
9. Why was it hard for Rosicky to figure out why he felt "restless"?
10. Where in New York did Rosicky come to and what did he do there?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)