|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the doctor says, "Oh, yes! They're coming. Maybe they'd come faster if I married," what is he talking about?
(a) His grey hairs.
(b) His patients.
(c) His relatives.
(d) His parents.
2. What is the name of the place in the house where Rosicky works?
(a) "Father's work place".
(b) "Father's Corner".
(c) "Rosicky's work place".
(d) "Rosicky's Corner".
3. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
(a) Garden View.
(b) Park Place.
(c) Central Plaza.
(d) Castle Garden.
4. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
5. What is the name of the girl that waits on Mr. Rosicky?
(a) Miss Lily.
(b) Miss Ruby.
(c) Miss Rose.
(d) Miss Pearl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Anton live with after his mother died?
2. Who does Rudolph state had been lifting heavy milk cans?
3. What is Rosicky's first name?
4. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
5. What kind of woman is Mr. Rosicky "ain't much fur"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the biggest difference between Mary and Anton?
2. Describe Rosicky and Zichec's life in the loft.
3. What kind of work does the doctor limit Rosicky to?
4. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill on his walk home from Rudolph and Polly's home?
5. Describe Rosicky's farm.
6. When Doctor Burleigh tells Rosicky that he has a bad heart, what is Rosicky's excuse for feeling short of breath?
7. Where in New York did Rosicky come to and what did he do there?
8. Why did the winter turn out badly for the farmers?
9. Why has life gone well between Anton and Mary Rosicky?
10. Rosicky tells Mary he can do some carpenter work during the winter. What does he tell Mary he will work on?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)