|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudolph leave in the barn?
(a) A photograph of the family.
(b) An idle work-team.
(c) His wife.
(d) A plow.
2. What kind of woman does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A short and rich woman.
(b) A smart and beautiful woman.
(c) A malicious and smart woman.
(d) A scheming and rapacious woman.
3. What is Polly wearing when Rosicky comes to their home?
(a) A short-sleeved gingham dress.
(b) An apron and a silk dress.
(c) Slippers and a flannel nightgown.
(d) Work overalls and an apron.
4. When Rosicky cleans up the kitchen what does he put away?
(a) The milk.
(b) The butter.
(c) The glasses.
(d) The silverware.
5. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
(a) The store.
(b) The packing house.
(c) The boat docks.
(d) The city newspaper.
6. What does Polly miss?
(a) Her cat named Tickle.
(b) Her car.
(c) The social life of being a store clerk.
(d) Her farm.
7. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill?
(a) He looks up at the stars.
(b) He lights his pipe.
(c) He sits down on the ground.
(d) He looks into his kitchen window.
8. What rattles while Rosicky is sitting by the window?
(a) The panes.
(b) The wind chimes.
(c) The barn.
(d) The floor boards.
9. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
(d) Horse and Buggy.
10. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
(c) Doctor Ed.
11. Who says, "Town girls is used to more than country girls"?
12. What does Mary set down in the middle of the group?
(a) A flower pot.
(b) Her darning basket.
(c) A stack of laundry.
(d) Dessert dishes.
13. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
(a) Folded up on the couch.
(b) Behind the kitchen door.
(c) Under the kitchen sink.
(d) Over a kitchen chair.
14. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
(a) Two and one-half miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) One-half mile.
15. Polly asks Rosicky to tell her about a city; which city is it?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the weather become very cold in Part 5?
2. When Rosicky reaches the windmill he sways and catches what?
3. What does the snow leave after it melts?
4. What does Polly want to do after Rosicky grips her elbows and shows his funny bright eyes?
5. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)