|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Mary the seeds of the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(b) Dr. Ed.
(c) Anton Rosicky.
2. How many acres of corn do the Rosickys have?
3. How many years has it been since Dr. Ed has had a vacation?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
4. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
(a) Two and one-half miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) One-half mile.
(d) Two miles.
5. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
(a) Dirty and loud cities.
(b) Persuasive and gloating men and women.
(c) Depraved and poisonous specimens of man.
(d) Lowly and cowardly people.
6. What does Rosicky hope for his boys?
(a) That they will never need his farm.
(b) That they can get through without knowing much about the cruelty of human beings.
(c) That they will have many children.
(d) That they will marry beautiful women.
7. What did Rosicky find under his wooden box that he used for a stool?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A roast goose.
(c) A bible.
(d) A bottle of wine.
8. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
(c) Doctor Ed.
9. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
(a) Shaves and changes his shirt.
(b) Sings and plays guitar.
(c) Smokes his pipe.
(d) Tells the boys stories.
10. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
(a) A soda.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Ice cream and candy.
11. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
12. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
13. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
(a) Most people.
(b) Smart people.
(c) Wealthy and educated people.
(d) Dishonest and cruel people.
14. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(a) The bakery.
(d) On boats.
15. Where did Rosicky suggest the family eat their supper when it was too hot?
(a) The barn.
(b) The orchard.
(c) The lake.
(d) The graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosicky afraid will happen if Polly grows discontented?
2. Who slips behind Rosicky's chair and gives him a kiss on the neck?
3. Where will Rosicky stand to watch the boys plowing the fields?
4. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
5. What does Rudolph drop upon his knee?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)