|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
(a) His animals.
(b) His boys.
(c) His farm.
(d) His wife.
2. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
3. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
4. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
(a) Horse and Buggy.
5. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Ice cream and candy.
(d) A soda.
6. What does Rudolph drop upon his knee?
(a) His turkey dinner.
(b) His right hand.
(c) His left hand.
(d) Plum jelly.
7. Where did Rosicky suggest the family eat their supper when it was too hot?
(a) The orchard.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The barn.
(d) The lake.
8. What does Rosicky hope for his boys?
(a) That they will never need his farm.
(b) That they will have many children.
(c) That they can get through without knowing much about the cruelty of human beings.
(d) That they will marry beautiful women.
9. Who gave Mary the seeds of the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(b) Anton Rosicky.
(c) Dr. Ed.
10. What do Rosicky and the boys put in that freezes in the ground?
11. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Apple pie filling.
(b) Raspberry wine.
(c) Strawberry tarts.
(d) Plum preserves.
12. What has lodged into the alfalfa field?
(a) Prickle plants.
(b) Wheat sprouts.
(c) Russian thistle plants.
(d) Rosemary plants.
13. What does Rosicky think about when he sees the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His mother.
(c) His time in New York.
(d) His time in London.
14. How many acres of corn do the Rosickys have?
15. Who slips behind Rosicky's chair and gives him a kiss on the neck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would a deep snow keep warm?
2. What are the Jerusalem cherry trees full of?
3. Who says, "Town girls is used to more than country girls"?
4. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
5. What kind of woman does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)