|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the snow leave after it melts?
(a) Soft ground to plant trees.
(b) Mud for pigs.
(c) Terrible ditches to clean.
(d) A soaked ground.
2. Why does Rosicky tell the boys they can't use the car?
(a) Because he is going to let Rudolph and Polly use it.
(b) Because the storm is too fierce.
(c) Because it has a flat tire.
(d) Because it isn't working.
3. Spring comes warm with blue skies but is what?
(c) Dry as a bone.
4. Whom is the winter bad for?
(a) City folk.
5. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
6. Who puts the horses to the buggy-rake and takes up the thistles?
7. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
(a) Persuasive and gloating men and women.
(b) Lowly and cowardly people.
(c) Dirty and loud cities.
(d) Depraved and poisonous specimens of man.
8. Who buries people if they die in the country?
(a) Rudolph Rosicky.
(b) Mr. Thames.
(c) Doctor Ed.
(d) Mr. Haycock.
9. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
(a) His animals.
(b) His wife.
(c) His boys.
(d) His farm.
10. What does Polly dislike about housework?
(a) That there is so much of it.
(c) The dishes.
(d) All of it.
11. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
12. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The house.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The kitchen.
13. Until when does Rosicky tell the boys that the car is going to be used?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Valentine's Day.
14. Rosicky thinks that town would be the place for one of his boys if they were what?
(a) Tall and handsome.
(b) Smart and educated.
(c) Witty and wealthy.
(d) Crooked and sharp.
15. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
(a) A book.
(b) A photograph.
(c) The car keys.
(d) A silver dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which month is as bitter as February?
2. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
3. What does Rosicky hope for his boys?
4. What ae the boys going to do after they plow the wheat fields?
5. What color of hair does Polly have?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)