|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jump rope or bubble gum.
(b) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(c) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
(d) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
2. When Rosicky cleans up the kitchen what does he put away?
(a) The butter.
(b) The silverware.
(c) The milk.
(d) The glasses.
3. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
4. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
(a) His farm.
(b) His animals.
(c) His wife.
(d) His boys.
5. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
(a) She directs them.
(b) She plays the organ for them.
(c) She makes their gowns.
(d) She sings for them.
6. What color eyes does Polly have?
7. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
8. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The house.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The dining room.
9. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Strawberry tarts.
(b) Apple pie filling.
(c) Plum preserves.
(d) Raspberry wine.
10. Polly asks Rosicky to tell her about a city; which city is it?
(b) New York.
11. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
(a) A necklace.
(b) Ice cream and candy.
(c) A soda.
12. Who says, "Town girls is used to more than country girls"?
13. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
(b) Her mother.
14. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(a) The bakery.
(b) On boats.
15. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
(a) Under the kitchen sink.
(b) Behind the kitchen door.
(c) Over a kitchen chair.
(d) Folded up on the couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosicky ask Mary to do for him before she goes to feed the chickens?
2. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
3. What does Rosicky want his boys to do after he is gone?
4. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
5. Rosicky thinks that town would be the place for one of his boys if they were what?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)