|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
(a) The church bells ringing.
(b) The birds chirping.
(c) The Christmas singers.
(d) The tailor's family sleeping.
2. Who puts the horses to the buggy-rake and takes up the thistles?
3. What does Rosicky want his boys to do after he is gone?
(a) He wants them to all marry rich women.
(b) He wants them to "be here" and to work his land.
(c) He wants them to become famous.
(d) He wants them to become factory workers.
4. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(b) A jump rope or bubble gum.
(c) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
(d) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
5. What would a deep snow keep warm?
(a) The hay.
(b) The horses.
(c) The wheat.
(d) The corn.
6. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
7. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
8. When Rosicky sits down to have a pipe what does he listen to?
(a) The crickets.
(b) The radio.
(c) The rain falling.
(d) The clock ticking.
9. What was the name of the tailor that Rosicky meets?
10. What are the Jerusalem cherry trees full of?
11. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
12. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
(a) His wife.
(b) His animals.
(c) His farm.
(d) His boys.
13. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
(b) Horse and Buggy.
14. When did Polly and Rudolph begin to be friends?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Fifth grade.
(d) Twelfth grade.
15. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I ain't much afraid of hard times, Rudy"?
2. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
3. Who gave Mary the seeds of the Jerusalem cherry trees?
4. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
5. When does the weather become very cold in Part 5?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)