|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosicky reaches the windmill he sways and catches what?
(a) His horse.
(b) The ladder.
(c) The house.
(d) The car.
2. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
(a) Depraved and poisonous specimens of man.
(b) Persuasive and gloating men and women.
(c) Lowly and cowardly people.
(d) Dirty and loud cities.
3. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
(a) His animals.
(b) His wife.
(c) His farm.
(d) His boys.
4. Spring comes warm with blue skies but is what?
(d) Dry as a bone.
5. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(b) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
(c) A jump rope or bubble gum.
(d) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
6. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
7. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
(a) Polly and Josephine.
(b) Mary and Anton.
(c) Rudolph and Polly.
(d) Rudolph and Mary.
8. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
(a) Folded up on the couch.
(b) Under the kitchen sink.
(c) Behind the kitchen door.
(d) Over a kitchen chair.
9. Having a farm means you don't have to choose between what?
(a) Rich or poor.
(b) Dress shoes or boots.
(c) Bosses and strikers.
(d) Opera or plays.
10. When does the weather become very cold in Part 5?
(a) Thanksgiving day.
(b) The day before Christmas.
(c) The day before Thanksgiving.
(d) Christmas day.
11. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(a) The bakery.
(d) On boats.
12. What does Rudolph drop upon his knee?
(a) Plum jelly.
(b) His right hand.
(c) His turkey dinner.
(d) His left hand.
13. How many sisters does Polly have?
14. What was the name of the tailor that Rosicky meets?
15. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosicky find under his wooden box that he used for a stool?
2. What does Rudolph leave in the barn?
3. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
4. What does Rosicky sit inside working on in Part 5?
5. How long does Polly keep the hot applications on Rosicky?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)