|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rattles while Rosicky is sitting by the window?
(a) The barn.
(b) The wind chimes.
(c) The floor boards.
(d) The panes.
2. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
3. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
(a) Dirty and loud cities.
(b) Persuasive and gloating men and women.
(c) Lowly and cowardly people.
(d) Depraved and poisonous specimens of man.
4. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
5. What was the name of the tailor that Rosicky meets?
6. Where will Rosicky stand to watch the boys plowing the fields?
(a) Inside by the front window.
(b) By the windmill.
(c) The fence corner.
(d) The front porch.
7. What did Rosicky find under his wooden box that he used for a stool?
(a) A bible.
(b) A dead rat.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A roast goose.
8. Rosicky thinks that town would be the place for one of his boys if they were what?
(a) Smart and educated.
(b) Witty and wealthy.
(c) Tall and handsome.
(d) Crooked and sharp.
9. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
(a) Under the kitchen sink.
(b) Over a kitchen chair.
(c) Folded up on the couch.
(d) Behind the kitchen door.
10. What does Mary set down in the middle of the group?
(a) Her darning basket.
(b) Dessert dishes.
(c) A stack of laundry.
(d) A flower pot.
11. What does Rosicky sit inside working on in Part 5?
(a) Making over a coat for John.
(b) A coat for Polly.
(c) A shawl for Mary.
(d) Shelves for the house.
12. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
(a) The store.
(b) The boat docks.
(c) The city newspaper.
(d) The packing house.
13. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
14. Who buries people if they die in the country?
(a) Mr. Haycock.
(b) Rudolph Rosicky.
(c) Mr. Thames.
(d) Doctor Ed.
15. When Rosicky sits down to have a pipe what does he listen to?
(a) The radio.
(b) The crickets.
(c) The clock ticking.
(d) The rain falling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which month is as bitter as February?
2. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
3. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
4. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
5. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)