|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rosicky find under his wooden box that he used for a stool?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A roast goose.
(c) A bible.
(d) A bottle of wine.
2. How many acres of corn do the Rosickys have?
3. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
(a) Behind the kitchen door.
(b) Over a kitchen chair.
(c) Folded up on the couch.
(d) Under the kitchen sink.
4. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
(a) She makes their gowns.
(b) She directs them.
(c) She sings for them.
(d) She plays the organ for them.
5. Polly asks Rosicky to tell her about a city; which city is it?
(a) New York.
6. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
7. Where will Rosicky stand to watch the boys plowing the fields?
(a) The fence corner.
(b) Inside by the front window.
(c) By the windmill.
(d) The front porch.
8. Whom was Rosicky's cousin supposed to be working for in London?
(a) A carpenter
(b) A confectioner.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A chef.
9. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
10. Who gave Mary the seeds of the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(a) Anton Rosicky.
(c) Dr. Ed.
11. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
(a) Rudolph and Polly.
(b) Polly and Josephine.
(c) Rudolph and Mary.
(d) Mary and Anton.
12. What does Rosicky think about when he sees the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(a) His time in New York.
(b) His mother.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His time in London.
13. What would a deep snow keep warm?
(a) The horses.
(b) The wheat.
(c) The corn.
(d) The hay.
14. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Raspberry wine.
(b) Plum preserves.
(c) Apple pie filling.
(d) Strawberry tarts.
15. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
(a) Dishonest and cruel people.
(b) Most people.
(c) Smart people.
(d) Wealthy and educated people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slips behind Rosicky's chair and gives him a kiss on the neck?
2. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
3. What kind of man does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
4. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
5. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)