|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudolph drop upon his knee?
(a) His right hand.
(b) Plum jelly.
(c) His left hand.
(d) His turkey dinner.
2. Who gave Mary the seeds of the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(c) Anton Rosicky.
(d) Dr. Ed.
3. What is going on in the Rosicky kitchen all day in Part 5?
4. Having a farm means you don't have to choose between what?
(a) Rich or poor.
(b) Dress shoes or boots.
(c) Opera or plays.
(d) Bosses and strikers.
5. Who says, "Town girls is used to more than country girls"?
6. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
(a) She directs them.
(b) She makes their gowns.
(c) She plays the organ for them.
(d) She sings for them.
7. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
(a) Under the kitchen sink.
(b) Folded up on the couch.
(c) Behind the kitchen door.
(d) Over a kitchen chair.
8. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
(a) Dishonest and cruel people.
(b) Most people.
(c) Smart people.
(d) Wealthy and educated people.
9. How many acres of corn do the Rosickys have?
10. What ae the boys going to do after they plow the wheat fields?
(a) Plant corn.
(b) Rake the fields.
(c) Turn the cows out in the field to eat the remains.
(d) Plant more wheat.
11. What does Rosicky want his boys to do after he is gone?
(a) He wants them to become factory workers.
(b) He wants them to become famous.
(c) He wants them to all marry rich women.
(d) He wants them to "be here" and to work his land.
12. What does Rosicky hope for his boys?
(a) That they can get through without knowing much about the cruelty of human beings.
(b) That they will marry beautiful women.
(c) That they will never need his farm.
(d) That they will have many children.
13. What is Rosicky afraid will happen if Polly grows discontented?
(a) That Rudolph will be angry.
(b) That Rudolph will quit the farm and take a factory job.
(c) That Polly will not like him.
(d) That Rudolph and Polly will divorce.
14. When Rosicky sits down to have a pipe what does he listen to?
(a) The crickets.
(b) The rain falling.
(c) The clock ticking.
(d) The radio.
15. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The house.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Polly keep the hot applications on Rosicky?
2. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
3. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
4. What does Polly want to do after Rosicky grips her elbows and shows his funny bright eyes?
5. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)