|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(b) The bakery.
(d) On boats.
2. What does Rosicky's life seem like to Doctor Ed?
(a) Complete and beautiful.
(b) Beautiful but bittersweet.
(c) Sincere but heart wrenching.
(d) Incomplete and sad.
3. What does Rosicky ask Mary to do for him before she goes to feed the chickens?
(a) Fetch his shoes.
(b) Sing a song.
(c) Thread needles.
(d) Bring him coffee.
4. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
(b) Doctor Ed.
5. How many years has it been since Dr. Ed has had a vacation?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Seven years.
6. Rosicky thinks that town would be the place for one of his boys if they were what?
(a) Crooked and sharp.
(b) Tall and handsome.
(c) Witty and wealthy.
(d) Smart and educated.
7. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
(b) Her mother.
8. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
9. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
10. Who buries people if they die in the country?
(a) Rudolph Rosicky.
(b) Mr. Haycock.
(c) Doctor Ed.
(d) Mr. Thames.
11. What kind of woman does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A smart and beautiful woman.
(b) A scheming and rapacious woman.
(c) A malicious and smart woman.
(d) A short and rich woman.
12. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
(a) A silver dollar.
(b) The car keys.
(c) A book.
(d) A photograph.
13. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
14. What does Polly want to do after Rosicky grips her elbows and shows his funny bright eyes?
(a) She wants to drop her head on his shoulder.
(b) She wants to hug Rosicky.
(c) She wants to kiss his cheek.
(d) She wants to weep.
15. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rosicky cleans up the kitchen what does he put away?
2. Having a farm means you don't have to choose between what?
3. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
4. Who puts the horses to the buggy-rake and takes up the thistles?
5. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)