|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
2. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
(a) Mary and Anton.
(b) Rudolph and Polly.
(c) Rudolph and Mary.
(d) Polly and Josephine.
3. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
4. Whom is the winter bad for?
(c) City folk.
5. What kind of man does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A smart and ingenious man.
(b) A dishonest and crafty man.
(c) A loud and harsh man.
(d) A wealthy and smart man.
6. Rosicky thinks that town would be the place for one of his boys if they were what?
(a) Tall and handsome.
(b) Crooked and sharp.
(c) Witty and wealthy.
(d) Smart and educated.
7. Who slips behind Rosicky's chair and gives him a kiss on the neck?
8. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
(a) Shaves and changes his shirt.
(b) Smokes his pipe.
(c) Sings and plays guitar.
(d) Tells the boys stories.
9. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(b) The bakery.
(d) On boats.
10. What happened when Rosicky came to meet his cousin in London?
(a) He discovered that his cousin had gone to America.
(b) He found that cousin had passed away.
(c) He discovered that no one knew who his cousin was.
(d) He found that his cousin had married.
11. Spring comes warm with blue skies but is what?
(a) Dry as a bone.
12. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
13. What was the name of the tailor that Rosicky meets?
14. Where does Doctor Ed stop his car and sit?
(a) The Rosicky's back yard.
(b) The wheat field.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The store parking.
15. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jump rope or bubble gum.
(b) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
(c) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(d) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosicky's life seem like to Doctor Ed?
2. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
3. What does Rosicky think about when he sees the Jerusalem cherry trees?
4. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
5. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)