|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One Saturday morning the boys talk about starting early so they could see what?
(a) The girls at the school.
(b) The church yard.
(c) The Christmas things in the store.
(d) The store windows decorated.
2. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill?
(a) He lights his pipe.
(b) He sits down on the ground.
(c) He looks into his kitchen window.
(d) He looks up at the stars.
3. When does the weather become very cold in Part 5?
(a) Thanksgiving day.
(b) The day before Thanksgiving.
(c) Christmas day.
(d) The day before Christmas.
4. What is going on in the Rosicky kitchen all day in Part 5?
5. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
6. What does Rosicky's life seem like to Doctor Ed?
(a) Complete and beautiful.
(b) Incomplete and sad.
(c) Beautiful but bittersweet.
(d) Sincere but heart wrenching.
7. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
(a) Sings and plays guitar.
(b) Tells the boys stories.
(c) Shaves and changes his shirt.
(d) Smokes his pipe.
8. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
9. What did Rosicky find under his wooden box that he used for a stool?
(a) A bible.
(b) A dead rat.
(c) A roast goose.
(d) A bottle of wine.
10. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
(d) Her mother.
11. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
(b) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
(c) A jump rope or bubble gum.
(d) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
12. When Rosicky reaches the windmill he sways and catches what?
(a) His horse.
(b) The ladder.
(c) The house.
(d) The car.
13. Who says, "I ain't much afraid of hard times, Rudy"?
14. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
15. What color eyes does Polly have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
2. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
3. Where did Rosicky suggest the family eat their supper when it was too hot?
4. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
5. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)