|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosicky think about when he sees the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(a) His time in New York.
(b) His time in London.
(c) His mother.
(d) His childhood.
2. What kind of woman does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A short and rich woman.
(b) A smart and beautiful woman.
(c) A malicious and smart woman.
(d) A scheming and rapacious woman.
3. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
(c) Doctor Ed.
4. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
5. Where did Rosicky suggest the family eat their supper when it was too hot?
(a) The lake.
(b) The barn.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The graveyard.
6. What does Polly miss?
(a) Her farm.
(b) The social life of being a store clerk.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her cat named Tickle.
7. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
8. What are the Jerusalem cherry trees full of?
9. What does Rosicky hope for his boys?
(a) That they will never need his farm.
(b) That they will have many children.
(c) That they will marry beautiful women.
(d) That they can get through without knowing much about the cruelty of human beings.
10. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
11. What color eyes does Polly have?
12. What does Rosicky want his boys to do after he is gone?
(a) He wants them to all marry rich women.
(b) He wants them to become factory workers.
(c) He wants them to become famous.
(d) He wants them to "be here" and to work his land.
13. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
(a) Rudolph and Polly.
(b) Rudolph and Mary.
(c) Mary and Anton.
(d) Polly and Josephine.
14. Where does Doctor Ed stop his car and sit?
(a) The wheat field.
(b) The store parking.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The Rosicky's back yard.
15. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Plum preserves.
(b) Apple pie filling.
(c) Raspberry wine.
(d) Strawberry tarts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosicky thinks that town would be the place for one of his boys if they were what?
2. What does Rudolph leave in the barn?
3. How many years has it been since Dr. Ed has had a vacation?
4. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill?
5. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)