|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
2. Polly asks Rosicky to tell her about a city; which city is it?
(a) New York.
3. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The house.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bedroom.
4. What does Rosicky ask Mary to do for him before she goes to feed the chickens?
(a) Bring him coffee.
(b) Fetch his shoes.
(c) Thread needles.
(d) Sing a song.
5. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
(a) One-half mile.
(b) Two miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Two and one-half miles.
6. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(b) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
(c) A jump rope or bubble gum.
(d) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
7. What has lodged into the alfalfa field?
(a) Russian thistle plants.
(b) Prickle plants.
(c) Wheat sprouts.
(d) Rosemary plants.
8. What kind of man does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A dishonest and crafty man.
(b) A wealthy and smart man.
(c) A loud and harsh man.
(d) A smart and ingenious man.
9. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
(a) She plays the organ for them.
(b) She makes their gowns.
(c) She directs them.
(d) She sings for them.
10. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
(a) Rudolph and Polly.
(b) Rudolph and Mary.
(c) Polly and Josephine.
(d) Mary and Anton.
11. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
(a) Dishonest and cruel people.
(b) Most people.
(c) Smart people.
(d) Wealthy and educated people.
12. What do Rosicky and the boys put in that freezes in the ground?
13. What ae the boys going to do after they plow the wheat fields?
(a) Turn the cows out in the field to eat the remains.
(b) Plant more wheat.
(c) Rake the fields.
(d) Plant corn.
14. What does Rudolph feel sorry about doing "this year"?
(a) Selling his horse.
(b) Not growing enough corn.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Yelling at Rosicky.
15. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosicky want his boys to do after he is gone?
2. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
3. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
4. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
5. What are the Jerusalem cherry trees full of?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)