|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosicky afraid will happen if Polly grows discontented?
(a) That Rudolph will quit the farm and take a factory job.
(b) That Rudolph will be angry.
(c) That Polly will not like him.
(d) That Rudolph and Polly will divorce.
2. What is Polly wearing when Rosicky comes to their home?
(a) An apron and a silk dress.
(b) A short-sleeved gingham dress.
(c) Slippers and a flannel nightgown.
(d) Work overalls and an apron.
3. What does Rosicky want his boys to do after he is gone?
(a) He wants them to become factory workers.
(b) He wants them to all marry rich women.
(c) He wants them to become famous.
(d) He wants them to "be here" and to work his land.
4. Where does Doctor Ed stop his car and sit?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The store parking.
(c) The wheat field.
(d) The Rosicky's back yard.
5. What action does Rosicky take when Rudolph flushes crimson and has a flash in his eye?
(a) He holds up a warning finger.
(b) He stomps his foot.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He pounds the table.
6. What is going on in the Rosicky kitchen all day in Part 5?
7. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
(a) A silver dollar.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A book.
(d) The car keys.
8. Where did Rosicky suggest the family eat their supper when it was too hot?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The lake.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The barn.
9. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
10. What would a deep snow keep warm?
(a) The corn.
(b) The wheat.
(c) The horses.
(d) The hay.
11. What does Rudolph leave in the barn?
(a) A photograph of the family.
(b) A plow.
(c) An idle work-team.
(d) His wife.
12. What has lodged into the alfalfa field?
(a) Prickle plants.
(b) Wheat sprouts.
(c) Russian thistle plants.
(d) Rosemary plants.
13. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(b) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
(c) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
(d) A jump rope or bubble gum.
14. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
(a) Two miles.
(b) One-half mile.
(c) One mile.
(d) Two and one-half miles.
15. Whom is the winter bad for?
(b) City folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
2. What was the name of the tailor that Rosicky meets?
3. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
4. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
5. How long does Polly keep the hot applications on Rosicky?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)