|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having a farm means you don't have to choose between what?
(a) Bosses and strikers.
(b) Rich or poor.
(c) Dress shoes or boots.
(d) Opera or plays.
2. What does Rosicky think about when he sees the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(a) His time in London.
(b) His time in New York.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
(a) She sings for them.
(b) She plays the organ for them.
(c) She directs them.
(d) She makes their gowns.
4. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
(a) Depraved and poisonous specimens of man.
(b) Dirty and loud cities.
(c) Lowly and cowardly people.
(d) Persuasive and gloating men and women.
5. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(b) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
(c) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
(d) A jump rope or bubble gum.
6. When Rosicky reaches the windmill he sways and catches what?
(a) The house.
(b) The car.
(c) The ladder.
(d) His horse.
7. What does Polly miss?
(a) Her car.
(b) The social life of being a store clerk.
(c) Her cat named Tickle.
(d) Her farm.
8. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
9. What does Rudolph feel sorry about doing "this year"?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Selling his horse.
(c) Not growing enough corn.
(d) Yelling at Rosicky.
10. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
(a) Two and one-half miles.
(b) One-half mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One mile.
11. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill?
(a) He looks up at the stars.
(b) He sits down on the ground.
(c) He lights his pipe.
(d) He looks into his kitchen window.
12. Where does Rosicky find a bib apron in Polly's house?
(a) Under the kitchen sink.
(b) Folded up on the couch.
(c) Behind the kitchen door.
(d) Over a kitchen chair.
13. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
(a) The car keys.
(b) A silver dollar.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A book.
14. How many sisters does Polly have?
15. Spring comes warm with blue skies but is what?
(c) Dry as a bone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosicky tell the boys they can't use the car?
2. What would a deep snow keep warm?
3. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
4. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
5. Who says, "I ain't much afraid of hard times, Rudy"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)