|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having a farm means you don't have to choose between what?
(a) Dress shoes or boots.
(b) Bosses and strikers.
(c) Opera or plays.
(d) Rich or poor.
2. What was the worst things Rosicky had come upon in his journey through the world?
(a) Dirty and loud cities.
(b) Depraved and poisonous specimens of man.
(c) Persuasive and gloating men and women.
(d) Lowly and cowardly people.
3. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
(a) The tailor's family sleeping.
(b) The church bells ringing.
(c) The birds chirping.
(d) The Christmas singers.
4. Why does Rosicky tell the boys they can't use the car?
(a) Because it has a flat tire.
(b) Because he is going to let Rudolph and Polly use it.
(c) Because it isn't working.
(d) Because the storm is too fierce.
5. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
6. What does Rosicky hope for his boys?
(a) That they will marry beautiful women.
(b) That they will never need his farm.
(c) That they can get through without knowing much about the cruelty of human beings.
(d) That they will have many children.
7. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
(a) Horse and Buggy.
8. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The house.
9. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Strawberry tarts.
(b) Apple pie filling.
(c) Raspberry wine.
(d) Plum preserves.
10. What does Rosicky do while the turkey is roasting?
(a) Smokes his pipe.
(b) Shaves and changes his shirt.
(c) Tells the boys stories.
(d) Sings and plays guitar.
11. What has lodged into the alfalfa field?
(a) Rosemary plants.
(b) Prickle plants.
(c) Russian thistle plants.
(d) Wheat sprouts.
12. Who puts the horses to the buggy-rake and takes up the thistles?
13. What color of hair does Polly have?
14. What does Polly miss?
(a) The social life of being a store clerk.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her farm.
(d) Her cat named Tickle.
15. Who buries people if they die in the country?
(a) Mr. Thames.
(b) Doctor Ed.
(c) Mr. Haycock.
(d) Rudolph Rosicky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rudolph drop upon his knee?
2. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
3. What does Mary set down in the middle of the group?
4. What did Rosicky find under his wooden box that he used for a stool?
5. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)