|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
(a) A necklace.
(c) A soda.
(d) Ice cream and candy.
2. Who says, "Town girls is used to more than country girls"?
3. When does the weather become very cold in Part 5?
(a) The day before Christmas.
(b) Thanksgiving day.
(c) Christmas day.
(d) The day before Thanksgiving.
4. Whom was Rosicky's cousin supposed to be working for in London?
(a) A confectioner.
(b) A carpenter
(c) A chef.
(d) A farmer.
5. When Rosicky sits down to have a pipe what does he listen to?
(a) The radio.
(b) The rain falling.
(c) The crickets.
(d) The clock ticking.
6. What does Rudolph feel sorry about doing "this year"?
(a) Selling his horse.
(b) Not growing enough corn.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Yelling at Rosicky.
7. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
8. What rattles while Rosicky is sitting by the window?
(a) The barn.
(b) The wind chimes.
(c) The floor boards.
(d) The panes.
9. Who says, "I ain't much afraid of hard times, Rudy"?
10. Who puts the horses to the buggy-rake and takes up the thistles?
11. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The house.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The dining room.
12. What does Polly miss?
(a) The social life of being a store clerk.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her cat named Tickle.
(d) Her farm.
13. When Rosicky reaches the windmill he sways and catches what?
(a) The ladder.
(b) The house.
(c) His horse.
(d) The car.
14. What are the Jerusalem cherry trees full of?
15. Where will Rosicky stand to watch the boys plowing the fields?
(a) By the windmill.
(b) The front porch.
(c) Inside by the front window.
(d) The fence corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who run arm in arm across the fields in the bitter wind?
2. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
3. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
4. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
5. Who comes over for turkey dinner?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)