|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rosicky suggest the family eat their supper when it was too hot?
(a) The barn.
(b) The lake.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The orchard.
2. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
3. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
4. Why does Rosicky tell the boys they can't use the car?
(a) Because it isn't working.
(b) Because it has a flat tire.
(c) Because he is going to let Rudolph and Polly use it.
(d) Because the storm is too fierce.
5. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
6. Who says, "I ain't much afraid of hard times, Rudy"?
7. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
8. What color of geranium does Mary have in bloom for Christmas?
9. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Raspberry wine.
(b) Apple pie filling.
(c) Strawberry tarts.
(d) Plum preserves.
10. Where will Rosicky stand to watch the boys plowing the fields?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The fence corner.
(c) By the windmill.
(d) Inside by the front window.
11. What would a deep snow keep warm?
(a) The hay.
(b) The horses.
(c) The corn.
(d) The wheat.
12. Polly comes running toward Rosicky with the swiftness of what?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A race horse.
(c) A greyhound.
(d) A fox.
13. When Mary talks about the Fourth of July when they had a hot wind what does she say they didn't have yet?
14. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
(b) Horse and Buggy.
15. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
2. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
3. What kind of man does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
4. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
5. Whom is the winter bad for?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)