|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acres of corn do the Rosickys have?
2. When did Polly and Rudolph begin to be friends?
(a) Fifth grade.
(b) Twelfth grade.
(c) Tenth grade.
(d) Ninth grade.
3. Who slips behind Rosicky's chair and gives him a kiss on the neck?
4. How many sisters does Polly have?
5. Polly comes running toward Rosicky with the swiftness of what?
(a) A fox.
(b) A cheetah.
(c) A race horse.
(d) A greyhound.
6. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
(a) A book.
(b) The car keys.
(c) A silver dollar.
(d) A photograph.
7. What happened when Rosicky came to meet his cousin in London?
(a) He found that his cousin had married.
(b) He discovered that his cousin had gone to America.
(c) He discovered that no one knew who his cousin was.
(d) He found that cousin had passed away.
8. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
(a) The Christmas singers.
(b) The tailor's family sleeping.
(c) The church bells ringing.
(d) The birds chirping.
9. Until when does Rosicky tell the boys that the car is going to be used?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's.
10. When Rosicky sits down to have a pipe what does he listen to?
(a) The clock ticking.
(b) The rain falling.
(c) The radio.
(d) The crickets.
11. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
(a) Wealthy and educated people.
(b) Dishonest and cruel people.
(c) Smart people.
(d) Most people.
12. What rattles while Rosicky is sitting by the window?
(a) The panes.
(b) The wind chimes.
(c) The floor boards.
(d) The barn.
13. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
(a) The packing house.
(b) The store.
(c) The boat docks.
(d) The city newspaper.
14. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(a) On boats.
(c) The bakery.
15. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Doctor Ed stop his car and sit?
2. When does the weather become very cold in Part 5?
3. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
4. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
5. Whom was Rosicky's cousin supposed to be working for in London?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)