|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Rosicky came to meet his cousin in London?
(a) He discovered that his cousin had gone to America.
(b) He found that his cousin had married.
(c) He discovered that no one knew who his cousin was.
(d) He found that cousin had passed away.
2. What color of geranium does Mary have in bloom for Christmas?
3. What would a deep snow keep warm?
(a) The hay.
(b) The corn.
(c) The horses.
(d) The wheat.
4. Where did Rosicky suggest the family eat their supper when it was too hot?
(a) The barn.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The lake.
5. Rosicky thinks that town would be the place for one of his boys if they were what?
(a) Crooked and sharp.
(b) Smart and educated.
(c) Witty and wealthy.
(d) Tall and handsome.
6. What does Rudolph feel sorry about doing "this year"?
(a) Yelling at Rosicky.
(b) Not growing enough corn.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Selling his horse.
7. What color eyes does Polly have?
8. What does Polly dislike about housework?
(b) The dishes.
(c) That there is so much of it.
(d) All of it.
9. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
(a) The tailor's family sleeping.
(b) The church bells ringing.
(c) The birds chirping.
(d) The Christmas singers.
10. Who puts the horses to the buggy-rake and takes up the thistles?
11. What does the snow leave after it melts?
(a) Soft ground to plant trees.
(b) A soaked ground.
(c) Terrible ditches to clean.
(d) Mud for pigs.
12. What does Rosicky ask Mary to do for him before she goes to feed the chickens?
(a) Sing a song.
(b) Fetch his shoes.
(c) Thread needles.
(d) Bring him coffee.
13. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The house.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
14. What action does Rosicky take when Rudolph flushes crimson and has a flash in his eye?
(a) He stomps his foot.
(b) He holds up a warning finger.
(c) He pounds the table.
(d) He yells at him.
15. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
2. When Rosicky reaches the windmill he sways and catches what?
3. When did Polly and Rudolph begin to be friends?
4. Whom was Rosicky's cousin supposed to be working for in London?
5. Polly comes running toward Rosicky with the swiftness of what?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)