|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Rosicky lying on the floor?
(d) Doctor Ed.
2. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
3. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(c) The bakery.
(d) On boats.
4. What are the Jerusalem cherry trees full of?
5. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
6. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
(a) Two and one-half miles.
(b) One-half mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One mile.
7. What do Rosicky and the boys put in that freezes in the ground?
8. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
9. What does Rudolph drop upon his knee?
(a) His turkey dinner.
(b) Plum jelly.
(c) His right hand.
(d) His left hand.
10. What does the snow leave after it melts?
(a) Terrible ditches to clean.
(b) A soaked ground.
(c) Soft ground to plant trees.
(d) Mud for pigs.
11. How long does Polly keep the hot applications on Rosicky?
(a) An hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) An hour and thirty minutes.
12. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Plum preserves.
(b) Strawberry tarts.
(c) Apple pie filling.
(d) Raspberry wine.
13. What kind of sofa did Rosicky sleep on at the tailor's home?
14. What kind of woman does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A scheming and rapacious woman.
(b) A smart and beautiful woman.
(c) A short and rich woman.
(d) A malicious and smart woman.
15. What color eyes does Polly have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
2. Where will Rosicky stand to watch the boys plowing the fields?
3. Who puts the horses to the buggy-rake and takes up the thistles?
4. What color of geranium does Mary have in bloom for Christmas?
5. What rattles while Rosicky is sitting by the window?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)