|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
(a) The tailor's family sleeping.
(b) The church bells ringing.
(c) The Christmas singers.
(d) The birds chirping.
2. When does the weather become very cold in Part 5?
(a) The day before Christmas.
(b) The day before Thanksgiving.
(c) Thanksgiving day.
(d) Christmas day.
3. When Rosicky sits down to have a pipe what does he listen to?
(a) The radio.
(b) The rain falling.
(c) The crickets.
(d) The clock ticking.
4. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
(a) Ice cream and candy.
(b) A soda.
(d) A necklace.
5. Which month is as bitter as February?
6. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
(a) His farm.
(b) His animals.
(c) His boys.
(d) His wife.
7. What kind of car do the Rosickys own?
(c) Horse and Buggy.
8. What does Polly's oldest sister do for the Methodist choir?
(a) She plays the organ for them.
(b) She directs them.
(c) She sings for them.
(d) She makes their gowns.
9. Where does Doctor Ed stop his car and sit?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The store parking.
(c) The wheat field.
(d) The Rosicky's back yard.
10. What kind of man does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A wealthy and smart man.
(b) A loud and harsh man.
(c) A dishonest and crafty man.
(d) A smart and ingenious man.
11. Rudolph claims he can make good wages railroading or where?
(a) The packing house.
(b) The boat docks.
(c) The city newspaper.
(d) The store.
12. What does Polly want to do after Rosicky grips her elbows and shows his funny bright eyes?
(a) She wants to drop her head on his shoulder.
(b) She wants to hug Rosicky.
(c) She wants to weep.
(d) She wants to kiss his cheek.
13. What does Rosicky's life seem like to Doctor Ed?
(a) Complete and beautiful.
(b) Incomplete and sad.
(c) Beautiful but bittersweet.
(d) Sincere but heart wrenching.
14. What color of hair does Polly have?
15. Why does Rosicky tell the boys they can't use the car?
(a) Because it has a flat tire.
(b) Because he is going to let Rudolph and Polly use it.
(c) Because the storm is too fierce.
(d) Because it isn't working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
2. What color eyes does Polly have?
3. Until when does Rosicky tell the boys that the car is going to be used?
4. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
5. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)