|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosicky tell the boys they can't use the car?
(a) Because it has a flat tire.
(b) Because it isn't working.
(c) Because the storm is too fierce.
(d) Because he is going to let Rudolph and Polly use it.
2. How many sisters does Polly have?
3. What would a deep snow keep warm?
(a) The corn.
(b) The hay.
(c) The wheat.
(d) The horses.
4. Who says, "Town girls is used to more than country girls"?
5. What does Polly want to do after Rosicky grips her elbows and shows his funny bright eyes?
(a) She wants to weep.
(b) She wants to kiss his cheek.
(c) She wants to hug Rosicky.
(d) She wants to drop her head on his shoulder.
6. Where did Rosicky sleep besides the Embankment?
(a) The bakery.
(d) On boats.
7. What was Rosicky fond of because he began to have a family late in life?
(a) His wife.
(b) His farm.
(c) His animals.
(d) His boys.
8. Who says, "I ain't much afraid of hard times, Rudy"?
9. Where does Doctor Ed stop his car and sit?
(a) The wheat field.
(b) The store parking.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The Rosicky's back yard.
10. What was the name of the tailor that Rosicky meets?
11. What kind of people do you not have to deal with on the farm?
(a) Smart people.
(b) Most people.
(c) Dishonest and cruel people.
(d) Wealthy and educated people.
12. What does Mary set down in the middle of the group?
(a) Dessert dishes.
(b) Her darning basket.
(c) A stack of laundry.
(d) A flower pot.
13. What has lodged into the alfalfa field?
(a) Prickle plants.
(b) Rosemary plants.
(c) Wheat sprouts.
(d) Russian thistle plants.
14. What pleases the older boys as much as the "little fellow"?
(a) Bubble gum or a bouncy ball.
(b) A jack-knife or a box of candy.
(c) A jump rope or bubble gum.
(d) A jack-knife or bubble gum.
15. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Strawberry tarts.
(b) Raspberry wine.
(c) Apple pie filling.
(d) Plum preserves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polly comes running toward Rosicky with the swiftness of what?
2. How far does Rudolph live from the Rosicky home?
3. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
4. Where will Rosicky stand to watch the boys plowing the fields?
5. What does Rudolph drop upon his knee?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)