|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One Saturday morning the boys talk about starting early so they could see what?
(a) The church yard.
(b) The Christmas things in the store.
(c) The girls at the school.
(d) The store windows decorated.
2. What did Rosicky listen to on Christmas day in London?
(a) The birds chirping.
(b) The church bells ringing.
(c) The Christmas singers.
(d) The tailor's family sleeping.
3. Spring comes warm with blue skies but is what?
(c) Dry as a bone.
4. What kind of man does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A wealthy and smart man.
(b) A loud and harsh man.
(c) A smart and ingenious man.
(d) A dishonest and crafty man.
5. Having a farm means you don't have to choose between what?
(a) Bosses and strikers.
(b) Rich or poor.
(c) Dress shoes or boots.
(d) Opera or plays.
6. How long does Polly keep the hot applications on Rosicky?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) An hour and thirty minutes.
7. What does Rosicky ask Rudolph to buy for Polly while they are out?
(a) A soda.
(b) Ice cream and candy.
(c) A necklace.
8. Whom does Polly think loves her the most in the world?
(a) Her mother.
9. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
10. On the day of the hot wind, what does Mary say she was making?
(a) Strawberry tarts.
(b) Plum preserves.
(c) Raspberry wine.
(d) Apple pie filling.
11. Why does Rosicky tell the boys they can't use the car?
(a) Because it isn't working.
(b) Because the storm is too fierce.
(c) Because it has a flat tire.
(d) Because he is going to let Rudolph and Polly use it.
12. On what night would the boys pile into their car?
13. What does Rosicky do when he stops by the windmill?
(a) He sits down on the ground.
(b) He looks into his kitchen window.
(c) He looks up at the stars.
(d) He lights his pipe.
14. What were there multitudes of in the tailor's home?
15. What ae the boys going to do after they plow the wheat fields?
(a) Plant corn.
(b) Plant more wheat.
(c) Rake the fields.
(d) Turn the cows out in the field to eat the remains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Polly have?
2. What does Rosicky take out of his pants pocket to give to Rudolph?
3. What does Rosicky sit inside working on in Part 5?
4. Who buries people if they die in the country?
5. What action does Rosicky take when Rudolph flushes crimson and has a flash in his eye?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)