|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudolph leave in the barn?
(a) His wife.
(b) A plow.
(c) A photograph of the family.
(d) An idle work-team.
2. Polly asks Rosicky to tell her about a city; which city is it?
(a) New York.
3. What kind of woman does Rosicky find terrifying and horrible?
(a) A malicious and smart woman.
(b) A scheming and rapacious woman.
(c) A smart and beautiful woman.
(d) A short and rich woman.
4. How long does Polly keep the hot applications on Rosicky?
(a) An hour and thirty minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Thirty minutes.
5. Which month is as bitter as February?
6. What action does Rosicky take when Rudolph flushes crimson and has a flash in his eye?
(a) He stomps his foot.
(b) He pounds the table.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He holds up a warning finger.
7. Where was the tailor from that Rosicky met?
8. When Rosicky cleans up at Rudolph's house, what does he sweep?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The house.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The dining room.
9. Who says, "It just broke my heart to see you suffer so, Father"?
10. What rattles while Rosicky is sitting by the window?
(a) The wind chimes.
(b) The panes.
(c) The barn.
(d) The floor boards.
11. Who gave Mary the seeds of the Jerusalem cherry trees?
(c) Anton Rosicky.
(d) Dr. Ed.
12. What does Polly miss?
(a) Her cat named Tickle.
(b) Her farm.
(c) The social life of being a store clerk.
(d) Her car.
13. What is Polly wearing when Rosicky comes to their home?
(a) An apron and a silk dress.
(b) Work overalls and an apron.
(c) A short-sleeved gingham dress.
(d) Slippers and a flannel nightgown.
14. What color eyes does Polly have?
15. How many acres of corn do the Rosickys have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Polly want to do after Rosicky grips her elbows and shows his funny bright eyes?
2. How many fellow workmen had Rosicky helped bury in the tailoring trade?
3. How many years has it been since Dr. Ed has had a vacation?
4. How long ago had Rudolph gone to work in a factory in Omaha?
5. What is Rosicky afraid will happen if Polly grows discontented?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)