|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From a kindly neigbor.
(b) From plays and poetry.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) At night school.
2. What does Mr. Rosicky smell when he enters the kitchen?
3. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) The East.
(b) South America and the East.
(c) South America.
(d) Central America.
4. What does Mr. Rosicky encounter when he goes out to his wagon?
5. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
6. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
(a) Olive oil.
(c) Black tea.
7. After Anton's grandfather died whom did he go to live with?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father's parents.
(d) His father and stepmother.
8. Whom did Anton live with after his mother died?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother's parents.
(d) His father's parents.
9. How many miles has Mr. Rosicky gone before he comes to the graveyard?
10. How many years does Dr. Burleigh think Rosicky's heart is good for?
(a) Six or seven years.
(b) Five or six years.
(c) Two or three years.
(d) Nine or ten years.
11. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
12. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
(b) Girls, and oysters.
(c) Beer and oysters.
13. Rosicky claims he was short of breath doing what last summer?
(a) Shelling corn.
(b) Birthing a cow.
(c) Pitching hay.
(d) Shearing sheep.
14. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A barn.
(b) A river.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) A windmill.
15. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
(a) He gets a ride with a neighbor.
(b) He walks.
(c) He rides in his wagon.
(d) He drives his Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amuses Rosicky about the girl who always waits on him at the store?
2. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
3. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
4. When Mr. Rosicky enters the farm-implement store what does he put on?
5. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)