|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rosicky's desire?
(a) To sing in the opera.
(b) To stay in the city.
(c) To ride horses.
(d) To return to the country.
2. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
3. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
(a) Fixing the plumbing.
(b) Cleaning floors.
(d) Baking bread.
4. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A cat on de fence".
(b) "A horse on de run".
(c) "A boy in de mud".
(d) "A hog in de garden".
5. How much did Rosicky pay for standing room at the opera?
(a) One dollar and fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) Two dollars.
6. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
7. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
(a) Castle Garden.
(b) Central Plaza.
(c) Park Place.
(d) Garden View.
8. What kind of papers does Rosicky keep on his shelf?
9. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
(a) London and Chicago.
(c) Chicago and Omaha.
10. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
11. What does Rosicky have that is long and brown?
(a) A mustache.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A rake.
12. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) South America.
(b) South America and the East.
(c) The East.
(d) Central America.
13. What color is Mr. Rosicky's handkerchief?
14. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
(a) His stethoscope.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His thermometer.
(d) His pen.
15. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
(a) They "took you away from your loves".
(b) They "sealed you into a world of work and pain".
(c) They "cemented you away from any contact with the ground".
(d) They "captured your freedom".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rosicky's wife?
2. What is the color of the stripes that the ticking has that Mr. Rosicky buys?
3. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
4. How many countries has Rosicky lived in?
5. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)