|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "You must take us as you find us, Doctor Ed"?
(b) Mrs. Rosicky.
(d) Mr. Rosicky.
2. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A cat on de fence".
(b) "A horse on de run".
(c) "A hog in de garden".
(d) "A boy in de mud".
3. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
4. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
(a) He walks.
(b) He drives his Ford.
(c) He rides in his wagon.
(d) He gets a ride with a neighbor.
5. What was Rosicky's desire?
(a) To ride horses.
(b) To sing in the opera.
(c) To return to the country.
(d) To stay in the city.
6. Who does Rudolph state had been lifting heavy milk cans?
(a) Mr. Rosicky.
(b) Mrs. Marshall.
(c) Mrs. Rosicky.
7. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
(a) A straight wooden plank.
(b) A curved stone.
(c) A shell on an old turtle.
(d) A cat's arched back.
8. What is the kolache stuffed with that Mrs. Rosicky takes out of the oven?
9. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
10. How old is Rosicky?
11. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
12. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
13. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
(c) Corduroy with sheepskin collar.
14. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
15. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
(a) His thermometer.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His stethoscope.
(d) His pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
2. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
3. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
4. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
5. What kind of woman is Mr. Rosicky "ain't much fur"?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)