|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
2. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
(a) His family.
(b) His land.
(c) His animals.
(d) His sewing.
3. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
(a) Coffee and ham.
(b) Cider and pancakes.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Coffee, hot biscuits, and sausage.
4. What is the name of Rosicky's wife?
5. How many boys does Rosicky have?
6. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They yell at their father to stop.
(b) They take the fork from him.
(c) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
(d) They yell for their mother.
7. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A cat on de fence".
(b) "A horse on de run".
(c) "A boy in de mud".
(d) "A hog in de garden".
8. What is the color of the stripes that the ticking has that Mr. Rosicky buys?
9. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
(a) They "took you away from your loves".
(b) They "captured your freedom".
(c) They "sealed you into a world of work and pain".
(d) They "cemented you away from any contact with the ground".
10. How many years did Rosicky spend in London?
11. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
12. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
(b) Corduroy with sheepskin collar.
13. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
14. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
(a) The livestock yard.
(b) The general merchandise place.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) An empty field.
15. Who said, "You must take us as you find us, Doctor Ed"?
(a) Mr. Rosicky.
(c) Mrs. Rosicky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of papers does Rosicky keep on his shelf?
2. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
3. What was Rosicky's desire?
4. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
5. How much did Rosicky pay for standing room at the opera?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)