|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(b) Green beans.
2. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
(a) They "cemented you away from any contact with the ground".
(b) They "sealed you into a world of work and pain".
(c) They "captured your freedom".
(d) They "took you away from your loves".
3. What was the name of the farmer that had the big rich farm and a wife who had just had a baby?
(a) Tom Marshall.
(b) Tom Smith.
(c) Tom Meeks.
(d) Tom Anthony.
4. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
(a) Park Place.
(b) At work.
(c) At the opera.
(d) At home in the loft.
5. What color is Mr. Rosicky's handkerchief?
6. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
(b) Black tea.
(d) Olive oil.
7. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
8. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
(a) So his wife can cover their worn mattresses..
(b) So his wife can make blankets for the horses.
(c) So his wife can make goose-feather pillows.
(d) So his wife can make coats for the children.
9. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) Mrs. Rosicky.
(b) Mr. Rosicky.
(c) The doctor.
(d) John Rosicky.
10. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From plays and poetry.
(b) At night school.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) From a kindly neigbor.
11. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(b) A bed.
(c) A desk.
(d) A closet.
12. What amuses Rosicky about the girl who always waits on him at the store?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her polished nails.
(c) Her plucked eyebrows.
(d) Her red lipstick.
13. Who said, "You must take us as you find us, Doctor Ed"?
(b) Mr. Rosicky.
(c) Mrs. Rosicky.
14. How old is Rosicky?
15. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
(b) London and Chicago.
(d) Chicago and Omaha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
2. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
3. Mary tells the creamery agent that she would rather put some color into her children's faces than what?
4. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
5. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)