|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Rosicky spend in London?
2. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(a) Large stones.
3. How many years does Dr. Burleigh think Rosicky's heart is good for?
(a) Nine or ten years.
(b) Five or six years.
(c) Two or three years.
(d) Six or seven years.
4. What kind of woman is Mr. Rosicky "ain't much fur"?
(a) Sad women.
(b) Slim women.
(c) Smart women.
(d) Silly women.
5. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
6. What carries a dry, cool fragrance that is released into the air?
(a) The rain.
(b) The cornfield.
(c) The wheat fields.
(d) The snow.
7. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A desk.
(c) A closet.
(d) A bed.
8. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
(a) Farm work.
9. What day did the young Rosicky find out what was "the matter with him"?
(a) The twenty-fourth of July.
(b) The Fourth of July.
(d) Christmas Day.
10. What is the name of the neighbors that sold more cream than the Rosickys?
(a) The Fasslers.
(b) The Johnsons.
(c) The Feelers.
(d) The Marksons.
11. Rosicky claims he was short of breath doing what last summer?
(a) Pitching hay.
(b) Birthing a cow.
(c) Shelling corn.
(d) Shearing sheep.
12. What is Rosicky's first name?
13. What do Mary and Anton speak to each other besides English?
14. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) In shops.
(b) In caves.
(c) In the fields.
(d) On boats.
15. What was the name of the farmer that had the big rich farm and a wife who had just had a baby?
(a) Tom Meeks.
(b) Tom Anthony.
(c) Tom Marshall.
(d) Tom Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosicky ask the doctor for instead of pills for his bad heart?
2. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
3. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
4. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
5. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)