|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
(a) The general merchandise place.
(b) An empty field.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The livestock yard.
2. Mr. Rosicky's mustache is what?
(a) Soft and long.
(b) Rough and short.
(c) Long and rough.
(d) Soft and short.
3. When Mr. Rosicky enters the farm-implement store what does he put on?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His jacket.
4. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
5. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
(a) So his wife can make coats for the children.
(b) So his wife can cover their worn mattresses..
(c) So his wife can make blankets for the horses.
(d) So his wife can make goose-feather pillows.
6. What kind of smile does Rosicky have?
(a) A twinkly smile.
(b) A contagious smile.
(c) A sharp smile.
(d) A growing smile.
7. Rosicky complains that though he is getting to be an old man he's not what yet?
(a) An old woman.
(c) An old cow.
(d) An old dog.
8. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
(a) Chicago and Omaha.
(d) London and Chicago.
9. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
(a) His pen.
(b) His thermometer.
(c) His notebook.
(d) His stethoscope.
10. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
11. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
12. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
13. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(c) Large stones.
14. How many years does Dr. Burleigh think Rosicky's heart is good for?
(a) Six or seven years.
(b) Five or six years.
(c) Nine or ten years.
(d) Two or three years.
15. What shape are Rosicky's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary think the neighbor children look like?
2. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
3. How many boys does Rosicky have?
4. What was Rosicky's desire?
5. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)