|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
(a) Baking bread.
(b) Cleaning floors.
(c) Fixing the plumbing.
2. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
(a) He was a sheepherder.
(b) He was a mail boy.
(c) He was a baker's assistant.
(d) He was a tailor.
3. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
4. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) Mr. Rosicky.
(b) Mrs. Rosicky.
(c) The doctor.
(d) John Rosicky.
5. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(c) Green beans.
6. What does Mr. Rosicky smell when he enters the kitchen?
7. How much did Rosicky pay for standing room at the opera?
(a) One dollar and fifty cents.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Fifty cents.
8. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
(a) So his wife can make blankets for the horses.
(b) So his wife can make coats for the children.
(c) So his wife can cover their worn mattresses..
(d) So his wife can make goose-feather pillows.
9. What shape are Rosicky's eyes?
10. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
11. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A horse pasture.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A pond.
12. How many years did Rosicky spend in London?
13. What carries a dry, cool fragrance that is released into the air?
(a) The snow.
(b) The rain.
(c) The cornfield.
(d) The wheat fields.
14. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
(a) Coffee, hot biscuits, and sausage.
(b) Cider and pancakes.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Coffee and ham.
15. What do Mary and Anton speak to each other besides English?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
2. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
3. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son?
4. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
5. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)