|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A river.
(c) A windmill.
(d) A barn.
2. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
(b) Baking bread.
(c) Cleaning floors.
(d) Fixing the plumbing.
3. What color is Mr. Rosicky's handkerchief?
4. When the doctor says, "Oh, yes! They're coming. Maybe they'd come faster if I married," what is he talking about?
(a) His patients.
(b) His grey hairs.
(c) His relatives.
(d) His parents.
5. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
6. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
7. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) The doctor.
(b) John Rosicky.
(c) Mr. Rosicky.
(d) Mrs. Rosicky.
8. What is the color of the stripes that the ticking has that Mr. Rosicky buys?
9. What is the name of the place in the house where Rosicky works?
(a) "Father's work place".
(b) "Father's Corner".
(c) "Rosicky's work place".
(d) "Rosicky's Corner".
10. What is the kolache stuffed with that Mrs. Rosicky takes out of the oven?
11. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
(a) Their crops and animals.
(b) Their farm.
(c) Their coffee or pipe.
(d) Their family.
12. Why did the loft where Rosicky lived smell good?
(a) Because of the leather that was drying next door.
(b) Because of the sea breeze.
(c) Because of the lilac bushes in the front of the factory.
(d) Because of the fine lumber put up there to season.
13. What amuses Rosicky about the girl who always waits on him at the store?
(a) Her plucked eyebrows.
(b) Her red lipstick.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her polished nails.
14. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(d) Green beans.
15. What shape are Rosicky's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
2. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
3. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
4. Rosicky claims he was short of breath doing what last summer?
5. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)