|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles has Mr. Rosicky gone before he comes to the graveyard?
2. What kind of instrument did Zichec play?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A flute.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A violin.
3. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
(d) Farm work.
4. When the doctor says, "Oh, yes! They're coming. Maybe they'd come faster if I married," what is he talking about?
(a) His parents.
(b) His relatives.
(c) His patients.
(d) His grey hairs.
5. What amuses Rosicky about the girl who always waits on him at the store?
(a) Her red lipstick.
(b) Her plucked eyebrows.
(c) Her polished nails.
(d) Her accent.
6. What is the kolache stuffed with that Mrs. Rosicky takes out of the oven?
7. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
(a) He drives his Ford.
(b) He rides in his wagon.
(c) He walks.
(d) He gets a ride with a neighbor.
8. How much did Rosicky pay for standing room at the opera?
(a) One dollar.
(b) One dollar and fifty cents.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
9. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
10. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
(a) Their coffee or pipe.
(b) Their family.
(c) Their farm.
(d) Their crops and animals.
11. What does Mr. Rosicky smell when he enters the kitchen?
12. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
13. How many boys does Rosicky have?
14. What kind of smile does Rosicky have?
(a) A growing smile.
(b) A contagious smile.
(c) A sharp smile.
(d) A twinkly smile.
15. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
(a) A shell on an old turtle.
(b) A curved stone.
(c) A cat's arched back.
(d) A straight wooden plank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day did the young Rosicky find out what was "the matter with him"?
2. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
3. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
4. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
5. What is Rosicky's first name?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)