|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mary think the neighbor children look like?
(a) Skimmed milk.
(b) Paper thin people.
(c) Slim boards.
(d) Skinny cats.
2. What does Mr. Rosicky encounter when he goes out to his wagon?
3. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
(a) Corduroy with sheepskin collar.
4. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their crops and animals.
(c) Their farm.
(d) Their coffee or pipe.
5. Whom did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) Merchants at the market.
(b) Sea captains.
(d) Shop owners from South America.
6. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A desk.
(c) A bed.
(d) A closet.
7. What is the kolache stuffed with that Mrs. Rosicky takes out of the oven?
8. Who does Rudolph state had been lifting heavy milk cans?
(a) Mr. Rosicky.
(b) Mrs. Marshall.
(c) Mrs. Rosicky.
9. What is the name of the place in the house where Rosicky works?
(a) "Father's work place".
(b) "Rosicky's work place".
(c) "Rosicky's Corner".
(d) "Father's Corner".
10. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(b) Green beans.
11. How many years did Rosicky spend in London?
12. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
13. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
(d) Farm work.
14. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
(a) His family.
(b) His animals.
(c) His land.
(d) His sewing.
15. How many countries has Rosicky lived in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
2. What carries a dry, cool fragrance that is released into the air?
3. What is the name of the neighbors that sold more cream than the Rosickys?
4. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
5. What did Rosicky keep in order when he lived in the loft with Zichec?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)