|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mary and Anton speak to each other besides English?
2. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
(b) Corduroy with sheepskin collar.
3. How many countries has Rosicky lived in?
4. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) In the fields.
(b) In shops.
(c) In caves.
(d) On boats.
5. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son?
6. What kind of smile does Rosicky have?
(a) A contagious smile.
(b) A twinkly smile.
(c) A growing smile.
(d) A sharp smile.
7. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
8. What does Rosicky have that is long and brown?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A rake.
(d) A mustache.
9. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A bed.
(b) A desk.
(c) A closet.
10. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A horse on de run".
(b) "A cat on de fence".
(c) "A hog in de garden".
(d) "A boy in de mud".
11. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(b) Large stones.
12. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A barn.
(b) A river.
(c) A windmill.
(d) A mailbox.
13. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
(a) The livestock yard.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The general merchandise place.
(d) An empty field.
14. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
15. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They yell at their father to stop.
(b) They yell for their mother.
(c) They take the fork from him.
(d) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
2. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
3. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
4. Who does Rudolph state had been lifting heavy milk cans?
5. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)