|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
(a) Castle Garden.
(b) Park Place.
(c) Garden View.
(d) Central Plaza.
2. What does Rosicky have that is long and brown?
(a) A cigar.
(c) A rake.
(d) A mustache.
3. What is Rosicky's first name?
4. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) In caves.
(b) In shops.
(c) On boats.
(d) In the fields.
5. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
(a) The livestock yard.
(b) The general merchandise place.
(c) An empty field.
(d) The grocery store.
6. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
(a) Coffee and ham.
(b) Eggs and bacon.
(c) Coffee, hot biscuits, and sausage.
(d) Cider and pancakes.
7. What is the name of Rosicky's wife?
8. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
9. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
10. How old is Rosicky?
11. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
(b) The butcher.
(c) Dr. Burleigh.
(d) His wife.
12. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
(b) Cleaning floors.
(c) Baking bread.
(d) Fixing the plumbing.
13. What shape are Rosicky's eyes?
14. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
15. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
(b) Beer and oysters.
(c) Girls, and oysters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rosicky enters the farm-implement store what does he put on?
2. How many years did Rosicky spend in London?
3. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
4. What is the name of the place in the house where Rosicky works?
5. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)