|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mary think the neighbor children look like?
(a) Skimmed milk.
(b) Skinny cats.
(c) Paper thin people.
(d) Slim boards.
2. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
(c) Girls, and oysters.
(d) Beer and oysters.
3. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) On boats.
(b) In caves.
(c) In shops.
(d) In the fields.
4. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
(a) He walks.
(b) He drives his Ford.
(c) He rides in his wagon.
(d) He gets a ride with a neighbor.
5. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A horse pasture.
(d) A pond.
6. Why did the loft where Rosicky lived smell good?
(a) Because of the lilac bushes in the front of the factory.
(b) Because of the fine lumber put up there to season.
(c) Because of the sea breeze.
(d) Because of the leather that was drying next door.
7. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
(a) At work.
(b) Park Place.
(c) At home in the loft.
(d) At the opera.
8. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
9. What does Dr. Burleigh tell Rosicky he needs to cut out of his life?
(c) Farm work.
10. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
11. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
(a) He was a mail boy.
(b) He was a tailor.
(c) He was a sheepherder.
(d) He was a baker's assistant.
12. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
(a) Eggs and bacon.
(b) Coffee, hot biscuits, and sausage.
(c) Coffee and ham.
(d) Cider and pancakes.
13. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) Mrs. Rosicky.
(b) The doctor.
(c) John Rosicky.
(d) Mr. Rosicky.
14. Rosicky complains that though he is getting to be an old man he's not what yet?
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old dog.
(d) An old cow.
15. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary tells the creamery agent that she would rather put some color into her children's faces than what?
2. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
3. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
4. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
5. What did Rosicky keep in order when he lived in the loft with Zichec?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)