|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
2. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
(b) His wife.
(c) The butcher.
(d) Dr. Burleigh.
3. Where in New York did Rosicky land?
(a) Castle Garden.
(b) Central Plaza.
(c) Garden View.
(d) Park Place.
4. Rosicky claims he was short of breath doing what last summer?
(a) Pitching hay.
(b) Shearing sheep.
(c) Birthing a cow.
(d) Shelling corn.
5. After Anton's grandfather died whom did he go to live with?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father and stepmother.
(d) His father's parents.
6. What color are the grapes on the Rosickys' table?
7. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
(a) Fixing the plumbing.
(b) Baking bread.
(d) Cleaning floors.
8. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A horse on de run".
(b) "A boy in de mud".
(c) "A cat on de fence".
(d) "A hog in de garden".
9. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
(a) His stethoscope.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His thermometer.
(d) His pen.
10. What does Mr. Rosicky encounter when he goes out to his wagon?
11. What kind of papers does Rosicky keep on his shelf?
12. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
(a) A cat's arched back.
(b) A shell on an old turtle.
(c) A curved stone.
(d) A straight wooden plank.
13. How many countries has Rosicky lived in?
14. What was the name of the farmer that had the big rich farm and a wife who had just had a baby?
(a) Tom Marshall.
(b) Tom Anthony.
(c) Tom Meeks.
(d) Tom Smith.
15. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
(a) At home in the loft.
(b) At work.
(c) At the opera.
(d) Park Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
2. Mr. Rosicky's mustache is what?
3. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
4. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
5. What does Dr. Burleigh state that Rosicky has that will provide him comfort?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)