|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
2. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
(b) Chicago and Omaha.
(c) London and Chicago.
3. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
4. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
5. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
(a) Black tea.
(b) Olive oil.
6. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
(a) Their farm.
(b) Their coffee or pipe.
(c) Their crops and animals.
(d) Their family.
7. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
(b) Corduroy with sheepskin collar.
8. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) At night school.
(c) From plays and poetry.
(d) From a kindly neigbor.
9. Rosicky claims he was short of breath doing what last summer?
(a) Pitching hay.
(b) Birthing a cow.
(c) Shearing sheep.
(d) Shelling corn.
10. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
(b) They take the fork from him.
(c) They yell for their mother.
(d) They yell at their father to stop.
11. What shape are Rosicky's eyes?
12. What is the name of Rosicky's wife?
13. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A desk.
(b) A closet.
(c) A bed.
14. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
15. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A mailbox.
(b) A windmill.
(c) A barn.
(d) A river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Rosicky pay for standing room at the opera?
2. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
3. Who does Rudolph state had been lifting heavy milk cans?
4. What kind of instrument did Zichec play?
5. Why did the loft where Rosicky lived smell good?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)