|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) An orchard.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A pond.
(d) A horse pasture.
2. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
(a) At home in the loft.
(b) Park Place.
(c) At the opera.
(d) At work.
3. How old is Rosicky?
4. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
5. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A hog in de garden".
(b) "A cat on de fence".
(c) "A horse on de run".
(d) "A boy in de mud".
6. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(c) Green beans.
7. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) South America and the East.
(b) South America.
(c) The East.
(d) Central America.
8. How many years does Dr. Burleigh think Rosicky's heart is good for?
(a) Six or seven years.
(b) Two or three years.
(c) Nine or ten years.
(d) Five or six years.
9. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) On boats.
(b) In the fields.
(c) In caves.
(d) In shops.
10. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
11. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son?
12. How many boys does Rosicky have?
13. After Anton's grandfather died whom did he go to live with?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father's parents.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father and stepmother.
14. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) John Rosicky.
(b) Mrs. Rosicky.
(c) Mr. Rosicky.
(d) The doctor.
15. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that waits on Mr. Rosicky?
2. How does Rosicky get to the doctor's office?
3. Who said, "You must take us as you find us, Doctor Ed"?
4. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rosicky's youngest son?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)