|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
(c) New York.
2. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They take the fork from him.
(b) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
(c) They yell for their mother.
(d) They yell at their father to stop.
3. What amuses Rosicky about the girl who always waits on him at the store?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her plucked eyebrows.
(c) Her polished nails.
(d) Her red lipstick.
4. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A desk.
(c) A closet.
(d) A bed.
5. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
6. What color are the grapes on the Rosickys' table?
7. What instrument does Dr. Burleigh pick up and frown at?
(a) His thermometer.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His pen.
(d) His stethoscope.
8. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
9. When Mr. Rosicky enters the farm-implement store what does he put on?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His hat.
(d) His glasses.
10. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
(a) Coffee and ham.
(b) Cider and pancakes.
(c) Coffee, hot biscuits, and sausage.
(d) Eggs and bacon.
11. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
(c) Girls, and oysters.
(d) Beer and oysters.
12. How old is Rosicky?
13. Rosicky complains that though he is getting to be an old man he's not what yet?
(a) An old cow.
(b) An old dog.
(c) An old woman.
14. What does Mary tell the doctor that he should keep handy to brush in his hair every morning?
(a) Olive oil.
(c) Black tea.
15. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
(a) They "cemented you away from any contact with the ground".
(b) They "sealed you into a world of work and pain".
(c) They "took you away from your loves".
(d) They "captured your freedom".
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Anton live with after his mother died?
2. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
3. What did Rosicky keep in order when he lived in the loft with Zichec?
4. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
5. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)