|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosicky's first name?
2. What is set before Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A river.
(b) A barn.
(c) A mailbox.
(d) A windmill.
3. What is the kolache stuffed with that Mrs. Rosicky takes out of the oven?
4. Who is described as "a tree that has not many roots"?
(a) The doctor.
(b) John Rosicky.
(c) Mr. Rosicky.
(d) Mrs. Rosicky.
5. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
6. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
7. What is the color of the stripes that the ticking has that Mr. Rosicky buys?
8. How many boys does Rosicky have?
9. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
(a) A horse pasture.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A pond.
(d) An orchard.
10. What is the name of Mr. Rosicky's youngest son?
11. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
(a) Green beans.
12. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
(a) Their farm.
(b) Their coffee or pipe.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their crops and animals.
13. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They take the fork from him.
(b) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
(c) They yell at their father to stop.
(d) They yell for their mother.
14. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) South America and the East.
(b) South America.
(c) The East.
(d) Central America.
15. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Rosicky pay for standing room at the opera?
2. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
3. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
4. Mr. Rosicky's mustache is what?
5. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)