|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
2. How many countries has Rosicky lived in?
3. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
(a) Chicago and Omaha.
(b) London and Chicago.
4. Rosicky complains that though he is getting to be an old man he's not what yet?
(a) An old cow.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An old dog.
5. What is Rosicky's first name?
6. What kind of hedge was at the back of Trinity churchyard?
7. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
(b) Beer and oysters.
(c) Girls, and oysters.
8. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
(a) Their crops and animals.
(b) Their coffee or pipe.
(c) Their family.
(d) Their farm.
9. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They take the fork from him.
(b) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
(c) They yell for their mother.
(d) They yell at their father to stop.
10. Whom did Anton live with after his mother died?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother's parents.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father's parents.
11. What city did Rosicky think was the finest, richest, and friendliest city in the world?
(a) New York.
12. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
13. What is the most disagreeable feeling that Rosicky knows?
14. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(c) Large stones.
15. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
(a) The butcher.
(b) His wife.
(d) Dr. Burleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is behind Mr. Rosicky's house?
2. What shape are Rosicky's eyes?
3. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
4. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son?
5. What was the name of the farmer that had the big rich farm and a wife who had just had a baby?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)