Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosicky ask the doctor for instead of pills for his bad heart?
(a) Some coffee.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A new heart.
(d) A pacemaker.
2. Rosicky subscribed for Bohemian papers printed where?
(a) Chicago and Omaha.
(c) London and Chicago.
3. What does Rosicky do in the afternoons at the house?
(a) Cleaning floors.
(b) Baking bread.
(d) Fixing the plumbing.
4. What do Mary and Anton speak to each other besides English?
5. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
6. Mr. Rosicky asks Mary not to yell at him like what?
(a) "A boy in de mud".
(b) "A horse on de run".
(c) "A hog in de garden".
(d) "A cat on de fence".
7. What do the boys do if Rosicky goes to throw hay down from the loft?
(a) They physically carry Rosicky down from the loft.
(b) They take the fork from him.
(c) They yell for their mother.
(d) They yell at their father to stop.
8. What was Rosicky's desire?
(a) To sing in the opera.
(b) To stay in the city.
(c) To return to the country.
(d) To ride horses.
9. Mr. Rosicky's mustache is what?
(a) Soft and short.
(b) Soft and long.
(c) Long and rough.
(d) Rough and short.
10. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
(b) His wife.
(c) Dr. Burleigh.
(d) The butcher.
11. Where did Loeffler buy wood from?
(a) Central America.
(b) The East.
(c) South America and the East.
(d) South America.
12. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
13. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(c) Large stones.
14. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
(a) So his wife can make coats for the children.
(b) So his wife can make blankets for the horses.
(c) So his wife can cover their worn mattresses..
(d) So his wife can make goose-feather pillows.
15. What is the name of the girl that waits on Mr. Rosicky?
(a) Miss Pearl.
(b) Miss Ruby.
(c) Miss Rose.
(d) Miss Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Rosicky pay for standing room at the opera?
2. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son's wife?
3. What type of jacket does Rosicky wear?
4. What kind of woman is Mr. Rosicky "ain't much fur"?
5. How old was Rosicky when he landed in New York?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)