|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbors that sold more cream than the Rosickys?
(a) The Feelers.
(b) The Fasslers.
(c) The Marksons.
(d) The Johnsons.
2. What day did the young Rosicky find out what was "the matter with him"?
(b) The twenty-fourth of July.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
3. After Anton's grandfather died whom did he go to live with?
(a) His father's parents.
(b) His father and stepmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His uncle.
4. When Mr. Rosicky enters the farm-implement store what does he put on?
(a) His hat.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His jacket.
(d) His gloves.
5. The Rosickys' kitchen was full of the smell of what?
(a) Coffee and ham.
(b) Coffee, hot biscuits, and sausage.
(c) Cider and pancakes.
(d) Eggs and bacon.
6. What color is Mr. Rosicky's handkerchief?
7. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
8. What is next door to the farm-implement store?
(a) The livestock yard.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) An empty field.
(d) The general merchandise place.
9. Mr. Rosicky's mustache is what?
(a) Long and rough.
(b) Rough and short.
(c) Soft and short.
(d) Soft and long.
10. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) On boats.
(b) In the fields.
(c) In caves.
(d) In shops.
11. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A bed.
(c) A desk.
(d) A closet.
12. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
(a) He was a mail boy.
(b) He was a baker's assistant.
(c) He was a tailor.
(d) He was a sheepherder.
13. What color are the grapes on the Rosickys' table?
14. What kind of instrument did Zichec play?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A violin.
(c) A flute.
(d) A trumpet.
15. What is the name of Rosicky's oldest son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rosicky encounter when he goes out to his wagon?
2. How old is Rosicky?
3. Where was the young Rosicky when he found out what was "the matter with him"?
4. Mary tells the creamery agent that she would rather put some color into her children's faces than what?
5. What type of cap does Rosicky wear?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)