|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What carries a dry, cool fragrance that is released into the air?
(a) The cornfield.
(b) The snow.
(c) The rain.
(d) The wheat fields.
2. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
3. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
4. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
5. What does Mr. Rosicky smell when he enters the kitchen?
6. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) On boats.
(b) In shops.
(c) In the fields.
(d) In caves.
7. Mr. Rosicky's mustache is what?
(a) Soft and long.
(b) Soft and short.
(c) Long and rough.
(d) Rough and short.
8. What would Rosicky and his chum have after the performances?
(a) Girls, and oysters.
(d) Beer and oysters.
9. What is the kolache stuffed with that Mrs. Rosicky takes out of the oven?
10. Why does Mr. Rosicky need ticking?
(a) So his wife can cover their worn mattresses..
(b) So his wife can make blankets for the horses.
(c) So his wife can make coats for the children.
(d) So his wife can make goose-feather pillows.
11. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
(a) He was a tailor.
(b) He was a mail boy.
(c) He was a baker's assistant.
(d) He was a sheepherder.
12. Rosicky complains that though he is getting to be an old man he's not what yet?
(a) An old cow.
(c) An old woman.
(d) An old dog.
13. What does Mr. Rosicky say he is going to build in the boys' room during the winter?
(a) A desk.
(c) A closet.
(d) A bed.
14. What kind of smile does Rosicky have?
(a) A twinkly smile.
(b) A sharp smile.
(c) A contagious smile.
(d) A growing smile.
15. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From plays and poetry.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) From a kindly neigbor.
(d) At night school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "Neighbor Rosicky", to whom is Rosicky talking
2. What day did the young Rosicky find out what was "the matter with him"?
3. Whom did Anton live with after his mother died?
4. What color is Mr. Rosicky's handkerchief?
5. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)