• Anton Rosicky is at the office of Dr. Ed Burleigh where he learns of his bad heart.
• Dr. Burleigh warns Rosicky that doing farm work will shorten his life.
• Rosicky thinks only woman should stay inside and work.
• Rosicky quietly leaves the doctor's office while the doctor's warnings sink in.
• Dr. Burleigh wishes he didn't have to deliver this dire news to someone he has known for a long time.
• The doctor thinks of a time when he delivered a baby for Rosicky's neighbor. The neighbor did not offer the doctor breakfast, but the Rosicky family did.
• Dr. Burleigh wonders about the inequity in life that prevents good, hard working people from ever getting ahead.
• The doctor also muses that perhaps the Rosicky family enjoys their life and that they don't need the complications of wealth.
• After leaving Dr. Burleigh's office, Rosicky makes some purchases in...
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)