* Anton Rosicky is at the office of Dr. Ed Burleigh where he learns of his bad heart.
* Dr. Burleigh warns Rosicky that doing farm work will shorten his life.
* Rosicky thinks only woman should stay inside and work.
* Rosicky quietly leaves the doctor's office while the doctor's warnings sink in.
* Dr. Burleigh wishes he didn't have to deliver this dire news to someone he has known for a long time.
* The doctor thinks of a time when he delivered a baby for Rosicky's neighbor. The neighbor did not offer the doctor breakfast, but the Rosicky family did.
* Dr. Burleigh wonders about the inequity in life that prevents good, hard working people from ever getting ahead.
* The doctor also muses that perhaps the Rosicky family enjoys their life and that they don't need the complications of wealth.
* After leaving Dr. Burleigh's office, Rosicky makes some purchases in...
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)