Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
2. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
3. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
4. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
Discuss how the unfolding of Roy's character throughout the novel is related to the seasonal aspects of the vegetative myths from Arthurian tales.
Age is a recurring theme in The Natural. Discuss how age enters into both the story and into the probable author's purpose. Use examples from the novel to prove your point. Include how Roy is alike/different at age fifteen and thirty-four.
Dreams appear throughout The Natural. Choose a couple of scenes including dreams and discuss how the dream scene relates to the overall narrative and its themes.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)