|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
2. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
3. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
4. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
5. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roy Hobbs life is full of disasters, but many of which are of his own making. Should we feel sorry for him? Why or why not? Defend your answers with passages from the book.
Essay Topic 2
There are several issues related to responsibility and moral integrity that Roy must face. Discuss them fully, supporting your ideas from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Much of The Natural is based on mythology, particular Arthurian mythology. Choose a myth you are familiar with and compare it to The Natural. Be sure to address the idea of theme is both the myth and The Natural.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)