Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
2. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
3. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
4. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in The Natural are all somewhat "damaged." Discuss what this might show about Malamud's outlook on life in general and also on his perspective of baseball. What might the reader surmise from the way Malamud handles the character's weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
When Roy starts hitting for the team, his teammates wonder if he is for himself or the team. Discuss whether he is for the team or himself, or whether his allegiance changes over the course of the book. Defend your answer with passages from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Roy agrees to the Judge's crooked proposition to "sell out." What are his motives? Who, or what, is Hobbs selling out for? What are his reasons for selling out? Give examples from the book to defend your views.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)