|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
2. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
3. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
4. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
5. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many themes developed in this novel. Discuss one of them and show how they are developed through the novel. Explain what Malamud is trying to tell the reader about that theme.
Essay Topic 2
Iris tells Hobbs that everyone has two lives to live. What are the two lives revealed in the novel? Illustrate your answer with examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
When Roy starts hitting for the team, his teammates wonder if he is for himself or the team. Discuss whether he is for the team or himself, or whether his allegiance changes over the course of the book. Defend your answer with passages from the book.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)