|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
2. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
3. What does Roy think about his ability to play after his stay in the hospital?
4. What decision does Roy make during the last inning of the pennant game?
5. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Roy reject the locker-room lecture and hypnotism of Doc Knobb? How do the other Knights regard Doc Knobb? Give examples from the text to defend your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the unfolding of Roy's character throughout the novel is related to the seasonal aspects of the vegetative myths from Arthurian tales.
Essay Topic 3
Dreams appear throughout The Natural. Choose a couple of scenes including dreams and discuss how the dream scene relates to the overall narrative and its themes.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)