|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
(a) That he and Memo will soon be married.
(b) That he will hit a homerun in his next game.
(c) That he will have a new team scout trying to recruit him.
(d) That he will soon meet a beautiful brunette.
2. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
(b) She runs away from him all the time.
(c) She is too fat.
(d) She is not the domestic type.
3. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
(b) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
(c) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
(d) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
4. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) Herman Youngberry.
(c) John Young.
(d) Ray Fowler.
5. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
(a) Say a prayer before playing each game.
(b) Turn his socks inside out and eat less meat.
(c) Carry a lucky rabbit's foot.
(d) Get some extra coaching on the side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Pirates' starting pitcher that pits Roy against a new pitcher?
2. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does Pop say in Chapter 10 that makes Roy's decision even harder?
4. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
5. What does Roy hope will happen to him after he agrees to throw the game?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)