|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
(b) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
(c) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
(d) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
2. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
(b) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
(c) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
(d) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
3. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
(a) He got angry and gave both a black eye.
(b) He told both his life story.
(c) He treated them both like objects, not people.
(d) He bought both of them lavish gifts.
4. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
(b) Roy finds another girlfriend.
(c) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
(d) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
5. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He thinks she likes someone else.
(b) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(c) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(d) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy that repels him?
2. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
3. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
4. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
5. How does Roy feel when the fans began to cheer him on after he gets out of the slump?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)