|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
(a) She is a grandmother and he is not ready to be a grandfather.
(b) Pop encourages him to give her up and choose Memo.
(c) He can't quit thinking about Memo, so decides she is the one.
(d) She is fat and he likes thin girls like Memo.
2. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
(a) Through hard work.
(b) Through success at baseball.
(c) Through suffering.
(d) Through friends.
3. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
(a) She is too fat, but not too bad.
(b) Above the waist she is a girl and below the waist a woman.
(c) She is not beautiful, but she supports him in baseball.
(d) She is the most beautiful woman he has seen.
4. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That she is afraid of being poor.
(b) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
(c) That she loves Gus.
(d) That she doesn't love him.
5. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
(a) Harriet Bird.
(b) Iris Lemon.
(c) Victoria Youngberry.
(d) Memo Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
2. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
3. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
4. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
5. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)