|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Pop helps him practice.
(b) He passes out at the plate.
(c) Memo ridicules him.
(d) He sees The Judge watching him.
2. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
(a) To keep his fans in mind and try to please them.
(b) To consider what might be on his mind that is worrying him.
(c) To forget Memo and drop her.
(d) To get married to Memo and quit trying to impress her.
3. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(a) Red Blow.
(c) The pitcher, Fowler.
(d) All of the Knights players.
4. What excuse does Memo give for shunning Roy when he was in his slump?
(a) She says she was trying to decide between him and Gus.
(b) She says she only likes successful people.
(c) She says she can't stand people who are "blue."
(d) She says Pop told her to leave him alone.
5. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(b) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(c) The position of coach of the Knights.
(d) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy hope will happen to him after he agrees to throw the game?
2. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
4. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
5. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)