|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
(a) Lots of fame.
(b) Lots of money.
(c) Peace and happiness.
(d) The farm he has always wanted.
2. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
(a) To try and lose the next game so they can win their bet.
(b) To get married to Memo.
(c) To give up his favorite bat and get another.
(d) To leave Memo and forget her.
3. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(c) The Judge.
4. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That she doesn't love him.
(b) That she loves Gus.
(c) That she is afraid of being poor.
(d) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
5. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Memo ridicules him.
(b) He passes out at the plate.
(c) He sees The Judge watching him.
(d) Pop helps him practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
2. What does Roy think about his ability to play after his stay in the hospital?
3. What happens to Roy's bat, Wonderboy, during the last game of the season?
4. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
5. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)