|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
(a) Because he doesn't believe they can win.
(b) Because he plans to throw the game.
(c) Because he wants all the attention.
(d) Because he doesn't believe in gambling.
2. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
(a) She is not beautiful, but she supports him in baseball.
(b) She is the most beautiful woman he has seen.
(c) Above the waist she is a girl and below the waist a woman.
(d) She is too fat, but not too bad.
3. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) The pitcher, Fowler.
(d) All of the Knights players.
4. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(b) The Judge.
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(b) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(c) $50,000 to start his own company.
(d) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
2. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
3. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
4. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
5. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)