|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
(a) He said he was ashamed of his past.
(b) He said it digs up too much pain.
(c) He said he really didn't have a very exciting past to talk about.
(d) He said he couldn't remember his past after the gunshot wound.
2. How does Roy feel about Iris after he first meets her?
(a) Disappointment that she is not Memo.
(b) She becomes his new love.
(c) He is disgusted at her appearance.
(d) He feels finally fulfilled.
3. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
(a) He said that she ran away when he was a teen and he was angry with her.
(b) He said that she was a "whore" who spoiled his father's life.
(c) He said that she died when he was a small toddler.
(d) He said that she was the perfect mother and that he loved her very much.
4. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
(a) The relationship between Memo and Roy.
(b) Finding out Roy's story.
(c) Getting Pop Fisher fired.
(d) Reporting baseball stats.
5. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
(a) To try and lose the next game so they can win their bet.
(b) To get married to Memo.
(c) To give up his favorite bat and get another.
(d) To leave Memo and forget her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
2. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
3. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
4. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
5. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)