|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) Achievement of success and wealth.
(b) The end of his baseball career.
(c) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
(d) Wisdom and honor.
2. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
(a) Being booed by fans.
(b) Death and mortality.
(c) Lack of love.
(d) Being injured while playing baseball.
3. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(b) The respect of Pop.
(c) A lifetime career in baseball.
(d) A good retirement.
4. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
(b) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
(c) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
(d) Roy finds another girlfriend.
5. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
(a) He said that she died when he was a small toddler.
(b) He said that she ran away when he was a teen and he was angry with her.
(c) He said that she was a "whore" who spoiled his father's life.
(d) He said that she was the perfect mother and that he loved her very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
2. What is the result of Roy's striking out?
3. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
4. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
5. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)