|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iris encourage Roy to do?
(a) Try and get Pop fired.
(b) Stay in baseball one more year.
(c) Sell out to Judge Banner.
(d) Be a good influence on young boys.
2. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
(a) A friend, a father, and a home to return to.
(b) A better relationship with Memo.
(c) Another girlfriend since Memo doesn't like him.
(d) A coach that could teach him more.
3. What does Pop say in Chapter 10 that makes Roy's decision even harder?
(a) That he knows how good a player Roy is and is depending on him.
(b) That he will tell Memo to now marry him if they lose.
(c) That he knows Roy is a hero and above throwing a game.
(d) That he is entitled to win the pennant game and will then retire.
4. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
(a) He said that she was a "whore" who spoiled his father's life.
(b) He said that she died when he was a small toddler.
(c) He said that she ran away when he was a teen and he was angry with her.
(d) He said that she was the perfect mother and that he loved her very much.
5. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(a) Red Blow.
(c) All of the Knights players.
(d) The pitcher, Fowler.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
2. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
3. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
4. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
5. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)