|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
(a) To go back home to family.
(b) To be the all-time baseball hero.
(c) To be morally as good as he is as a baseball player.
(d) To have a father figure in his life.
2. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
(b) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(c) He strikes out too many times.
(d) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
3. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
(a) He got angry and gave both a black eye.
(b) He treated them both like objects, not people.
(c) He told both his life story.
(d) He bought both of them lavish gifts.
4. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
(a) Say a prayer before playing each game.
(b) Carry a lucky rabbit's foot.
(c) Get some extra coaching on the side.
(d) Turn his socks inside out and eat less meat.
5. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(b) A baseball scout for another team.
(c) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(d) Fans that are cheering for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy think about his ability to play after his stay in the hospital?
2. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
3. What decision does Roy make during the last inning of the pennant game?
4. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
5. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)