|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
(a) He told both his life story.
(b) He treated them both like objects, not people.
(c) He bought both of them lavish gifts.
(d) He got angry and gave both a black eye.
2. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
(a) He wins a large amount from Gus.
(b) He loses a lot of money.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He gets thrown out of the motel.
3. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He is depressed and in a slump.
(b) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
(c) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(d) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
4. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
(a) Back in his small hometown.
(b) With the immortal players, the giants, the heroes.
(c) With Iris.
(d) With Memo.
5. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
(a) That he will make him coach of the Knights.
(b) That he knows Memo will marry him if he throws the game and gets the money.
(c) That sometimes bad actions bring good consequences.
(d) That he will make sure he plays ball as long as he wants to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
2. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
3. What decision does Roy make during the last inning of the pennant game?
4. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
5. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)