|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
(a) That sometimes bad actions bring good consequences.
(b) That he knows Memo will marry him if he throws the game and gets the money.
(c) That he will make sure he plays ball as long as he wants to.
(d) That he will make him coach of the Knights.
2. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
(a) Ray Fowler.
(b) Herman Youngberry.
(c) John Young.
(d) Red Blow.
3. What does Max Mercy do to Roy that angers him so much?
(a) He takes Memo away from Roy.
(b) He writes a negative news story about Roy.
(c) He prints a picture of Roy as a clown.
(d) He prints a story about Roy's insecurities.
4. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
(a) He can't quit thinking about Memo, so decides she is the one.
(b) She is a grandmother and he is not ready to be a grandfather.
(c) She is fat and he likes thin girls like Memo.
(d) Pop encourages him to give her up and choose Memo.
5. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He strikes out too many times.
(b) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(c) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
(d) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
2. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
3. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
4. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
5. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)