|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(b) A baseball scout for another team.
(c) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(d) Fans that are cheering for him.
2. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
(b) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(c) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
(d) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
3. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
(a) If doing so would help him win Memo.
(b) If it was really wrong or not.
(c) What Iris would think of him if he did accept it.
(d) If he could maybe get more money from The Judge.
4. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
(b) She is too fat.
(c) She is not the domestic type.
(d) She runs away from him all the time.
5. How does Roy feel when the fans began to cheer him on after he gets out of the slump?
(a) He is afraid they will turn on him because of his gambling.
(b) He remembers how they treated him when he was in a slump.
(c) He feels like a hero and the best ballplayer ever.
(d) He doesn't care about them and hardly notices them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
2. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
3. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
4. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
5. What does Max Mercy do to Roy that angers him so much?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)