|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
(b) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
(c) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
(d) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
2. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) The end of his baseball career.
(b) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
(c) Wisdom and honor.
(d) Achievement of success and wealth.
3. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
(a) Because he doesn't believe in gambling.
(b) Because he doesn't believe they can win.
(c) Because he wants all the attention.
(d) Because he plans to throw the game.
4. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
(a) Memo Paris.
(b) Victoria Youngberry.
(c) Harriet Bird.
(d) Iris Lemon.
5. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
(a) That sometimes bad actions bring good consequences.
(b) That he knows Memo will marry him if he throws the game and gets the money.
(c) That he will make him coach of the Knights.
(d) That he will make sure he plays ball as long as he wants to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
2. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
3. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
4. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
5. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)