|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
(a) Getting Pop Fisher fired.
(b) The relationship between Memo and Roy.
(c) Finding out Roy's story.
(d) Reporting baseball stats.
2. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(b) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(c) He thinks she likes someone else.
(d) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
3. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Pop helps him practice.
(b) Memo ridicules him.
(c) He sees The Judge watching him.
(d) He passes out at the plate.
4. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
5. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(b) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
(c) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
(d) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
2. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
3. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
4. What excuse does Memo give for shunning Roy when he was in his slump?
5. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)