|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
2. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
(a) With Iris.
(b) Back in his small hometown.
(c) With the immortal players, the giants, the heroes.
(d) With Memo.
3. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
(a) He threatens to call the FBI.
(b) He is afraid of The Judge.
(c) He is surprised because Memo had just left.
(d) He cries and tells him he is afraid of losing Memo.
4. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(b) Red Blow.
(c) The pitcher, Fowler.
(d) All of the Knights players.
5. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
(a) That sometimes bad actions bring good consequences.
(b) That he knows Memo will marry him if he throws the game and gets the money.
(c) That he will make him coach of the Knights.
(d) That he will make sure he plays ball as long as he wants to.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Roy gets sick, what does he dream about?
2. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
3. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
4. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
5. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)