|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
(b) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
(c) Roy finds another girlfriend.
(d) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
2. What does Iris tell Roy that repels him?
(a) That she likes The Judge.
(b) That she is a grandmother.
(c) That she snores when she sleeps.
(d) That she likes Gus.
3. How does Roy feel about Iris after he first meets her?
(a) She becomes his new love.
(b) He feels finally fulfilled.
(c) He is disgusted at her appearance.
(d) Disappointment that she is not Memo.
4. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
(a) Being injured while playing baseball.
(b) Lack of love.
(c) Death and mortality.
(d) Being booed by fans.
5. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
(a) He gets thrown out of the motel.
(b) He wins a large amount from Gus.
(c) He loses a lot of money.
(d) He gets sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
2. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
3. What happens to Roy's bat, Wonderboy, during the last game of the season?
4. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
5. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)