|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roy goes to see Memo at her motel room on the night before the pennant game, who is there with her?
(d) Red Blow.
2. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(d) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
3. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(b) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
(c) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(d) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
4. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) Herman Youngberry.
(c) Ray Fowler.
(d) John Young.
5. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(d) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
2. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
3. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
4. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
5. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)