|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy react to the children among the fans?
(a) He encourages them to be heroes.
(b) He gives them special attention.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He signs autographs for them.
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About being named MVP.
(d) About pitching a perfect game.
3. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) He passes out at the plate.
(b) Pop helps him practice.
(c) He sees The Judge watching him.
(d) Memo ridicules him.
4. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person.
(d) Omniscient narrator.
5. At the end of the novel, where does Malamud indicate that the character of Roy will go next?
(a) He leaves it open, not telling the reader.
(b) Into the arms of Iris and his unborn child.
(c) Into the arms of Memo.
(d) To a farm that he buys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
2. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
3. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
4. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
5. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)