|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter attached to the $35 thousand say?
(a) That the contract for the next year is not guaranteed.
(b) That Memo wants to meet him in his motel room.
(c) That he is now the coach of the Knights.
(d) That The Judge doesn't ever want to see him again.
2. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
(a) To find out if they will win the next game.
(b) To find out if they are meant for each other.
(c) Because Bump went to one.
(d) To find out what Roy needs to do to get over his slump.
3. What does Roy do when a newspaper boy asks him if the headline is true?
(a) Denies it.
(b) Hits the newspaper boy.
(c) Covers his face and cries.
(d) Admits that it is true.
4. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
(b) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(c) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(d) The position of coach of the Knights.
5. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
(a) She is fat and he likes thin girls like Memo.
(b) She is a grandmother and he is not ready to be a grandfather.
(c) He can't quit thinking about Memo, so decides she is the one.
(d) Pop encourages him to give her up and choose Memo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
2. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
3. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
4. After the pennant game, what headline does Roy see that upsets him?
5. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)