|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He gets his raise, finally.
(b) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(c) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
(d) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
2. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(b) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(c) Fans that are cheering for him.
(d) A baseball scout for another team.
3. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
4. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump can't play well.
(b) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(c) Because Bump threw a major game.
(d) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
5. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To play the best ball game ever.
(b) To tell them about his bat.
(c) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(d) To explain what happened to Bump.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Simpson?
2. What does Roy do to Memo and The Judge after collecting his money?
3. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
4. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
5. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)