|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
(a) To be the all-time baseball hero.
(b) To be morally as good as he is as a baseball player.
(c) To go back home to family.
(d) To have a father figure in his life.
2. When Roy goes to see Memo at her motel room on the night before the pennant game, who is there with her?
(a) Red Blow.
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The murder of two athletes.
(b) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
4. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
(a) Reporting baseball stats.
(b) The relationship between Memo and Roy.
(c) Getting Pop Fisher fired.
(d) Finding out Roy's story.
5. What does Roy do when a newspaper boy asks him if the headline is true?
(a) Admits that it is true.
(b) Covers his face and cries.
(c) Denies it.
(d) Hits the newspaper boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revelation does Roy reveal about his life at the end of the book?
2. How is failure treated in The Natural?
3. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
4. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
5. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)