|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About winning the next game.
(b) About pitching a perfect game.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About being named MVP.
2. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
(a) His family.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) A fortune teller.
3. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's father.
(b) Roy's professional scout.
(c) A baseball pitcher.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
4. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
(b) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
(c) Roy finds another girlfriend.
(d) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
5. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
(b) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(c) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
(d) He gets his raise, finally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop do when he sees Roy and Memo returning to the motel in the morning?
2. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
3. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
4. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
5. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)