|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Gus and Memo?
(a) She is in love and plans to marry him.
(b) She says he is like a father to her.
(c) She has not relationship with him at all.
(d) She hates him.
2. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
(a) She says he must practice every day.
(b) She says he must marry and have children.
(c) She says he must win the pennant for his team.
(d) She says he must be a man.
3. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(c) $50,000 to start his own company.
(d) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
4. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(b) A baseball scout for another team.
(c) Fans that are cheering for him.
(d) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
5. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
(a) To get married to Memo and quit trying to impress her.
(b) To keep his fans in mind and try to please them.
(c) To forget Memo and drop her.
(d) To consider what might be on his mind that is worrying him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
2. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
4. When Roy goes to see Memo at her motel room on the night before the pennant game, who is there with her?
5. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)