|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a suspicious bookie.
(b) He is the new manager of the Knights.
(c) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(d) He is a rival baseball player.
2. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She is too fat.
(b) She is not the domestic type.
(c) She runs away from him all the time.
(d) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They tease him because it was handmade.
(b) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(c) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(d) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He gets hit by another player.
(b) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(c) He gets teased constantly.
(d) He gets fired.
5. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
(a) Lots of money.
(b) Lots of fame.
(c) The farm he has always wanted.
(d) Peace and happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
2. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
3. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
4. What revelation does Roy reveal about his life at the end of the book?
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)