|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(b) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(c) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(d) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
2. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He is thrown off the team.
(b) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
(c) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(d) He is accused of manslaughter.
3. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
(b) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(c) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(d) He wants to run away for good.
4. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
(b) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(c) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(d) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
5. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
2. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
3. What revelation does Roy reveal about his life at the end of the book?
4. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)