|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
(a) That she knows it was an accident.
(b) That he needs to straighten his hit out and it will be a home run.
(c) That she is pregnant with his child.
(d) That she thinks he did it on purpose.
2. What happens to Roy that Max Mercy finds out when he comes back to the motel?
(a) That Memo has dumped him.
(b) That he plans to quit baseball.
(c) That he had a fight with Pop.
(d) That he has a black eye.
3. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(a) All of the Knights players.
(c) Red Blow.
(d) The pitcher, Fowler.
4. What does Memo do with The Judge's gun when Roy gets it away from The Judge?
(a) Throws it away so Roy can't get it.
(b) Tries to shoot Roy with it.
(c) Gives it to Gus so he can shoot Roy.
(d) Takes it with her to protect herself from Roy.
5. What does Roy do to get even with Max Mercy?
(a) He tells Pop Fisher a lie about Max and gets him thrown out of the stadium.
(b) He pretends to be a German waiter and spills stuff all over Max.
(c) He breaks up his relationship with Memo.
(d) He hits him with his baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
2. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
3. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
5. Who is Max Mercy?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)