|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop do when he sees Roy and Memo returning to the motel in the morning?
(a) He asks Roy if he and Memo are planning on getting married.
(b) He fines Roy $100 for not being in his room the night before.
(c) He tells Roy to leave Memo alone and not to go out with her any more.
(d) He benches Roy for being out all night.
2. What happens to Roy at the party on the night before the game that determines the winner of the pennant?
(a) He leaves early because he needs rest before the game.
(b) He meets a new girlfriend.
(c) He eats until he gets sick and is sent to the hospital.
(d) He sees Pop at the party and gets into trouble for being up late.
3. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
(a) She is glad Bump is gone so Roy could become the team leader.
(b) She sympathizes with Roy, but doesn't really feel anything about Bump.
(c) She hides in her hotel room, grieving.
(d) She is sad for her uncle, Pop, as he misses Bump so much.
4. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(b) He has natural talent in the sport.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
2. What happens to Roy after he leaves Iris and returns to Memo?
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
4. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)