|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(b) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(c) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
2. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) Slam Hitter.
(b) He did give it a name.
3. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
(a) She is too fat, but not too bad.
(b) She is not beautiful, but she supports him in baseball.
(c) Above the waist she is a girl and below the waist a woman.
(d) She is the most beautiful woman he has seen.
4. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
(a) An eerie glass eye.
(b) A huge wart on the side of his nose.
(c) A huge birthmark on his face.
(d) Tattoos all over his body.
5. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
(a) To find out what Roy needs to do to get over his slump.
(b) Because Bump went to one.
(c) To find out if they will win the next game.
(d) To find out if they are meant for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
3. After the pennant game, what headline does Roy see that upsets him?
4. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
5. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)