|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
(a) They cheer him on to encourage him.
(b) They turn on him.
(c) They cheer the other players and boo Roy.
(d) They don't treat him any differently because they know he will do better.
2. What does Roy think about his ability to play after his stay in the hospital?
(a) He thinks he can't even hit the ball.
(b) He thinks he is out of his slump.
(c) He is sure he is well enough to play.
(d) He is afraid he will pass out.
3. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
(a) It will make Memo love him.
(b) It can't come true because Roy is benched.
(c) It might bring misfortune.
(d) It probably will come true.
4. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(b) Red Blow.
(c) All of the Knights players.
(d) The pitcher, Fowler.
5. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(b) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(c) He hits with a crazy curve.
(d) He hits with precision and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Memo react when Roy finds them counting their money?
2. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
3. What is the result of Roy's striking out?
4. What does Iris encourage Roy to do?
5. How does Roy feel when the fans began to cheer him on after he gets out of the slump?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)