|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
(a) He is a great hero.
(b) He is a handsome man.
(c) They both declared their love for him.
(d) There is more to life than baseball.
2. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
(a) He is happy, but misses Bump, who should have been the hitter.
(b) He is unhappy, feeling like he has a lot more to live for, and wants to conquer the world.
(c) He is proud to be able to help his team out of their slump.
(d) He is ecstatic that he is a hero.
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(b) They tease him because it was handmade.
(c) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(d) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
4. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $50,000 to start his own company.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(d) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
5. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) A good retirement.
(b) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(c) A lifetime career in baseball.
(d) The respect of Pop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
2. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
3. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
4. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
5. What does Max Mercy do to Roy that angers him so much?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)