|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy do to Wonderboy after they lose the pennant game?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Gives it to a new player.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Tries to mend it.
2. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He forced a player to throw a game.
(b) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(c) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(d) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
3. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
(a) He brags about his prowess as a ball player.
(b) He brags about how much money he has.
(c) He brags about how good he is at gambling.
(d) He brags about how he takes advantage of people.
4. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
(b) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
(c) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
(d) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
5. How does Roy feel about Iris after he first meets her?
(a) He feels finally fulfilled.
(b) She becomes his new love.
(c) He is disgusted at her appearance.
(d) Disappointment that she is not Memo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
2. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
3. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
4. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
5. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)