|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Texas.
(b) From the western hills of the United States.
(c) From the Northeastern coast.
(d) From Atlanta, GA.
2. What does Roy think about his ability to play after his stay in the hospital?
(a) He is afraid he will pass out.
(b) He is sure he is well enough to play.
(c) He thinks he can't even hit the ball.
(d) He thinks he is out of his slump.
3. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
(a) She is too absorbed in her own wants and desires.
(b) Pop forbids them to be together.
(c) She is engaged to Bump.
(d) Roy doesn't love her.
4. What does Iris encourage Roy to do?
(a) Try and get Pop fired.
(b) Stay in baseball one more year.
(c) Be a good influence on young boys.
(d) Sell out to Judge Banner.
5. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
(a) Gus talks him into selling his story to Max Mercy.
(b) Gus tells him the fans are disgruntled with him.
(c) Gus offers him higher pay to work for him.
(d) He gambles and looses each time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
2. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
4. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
5. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)