|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
(a) He said he couldn't remember his past after the gunshot wound.
(b) He said it digs up too much pain.
(c) He said he really didn't have a very exciting past to talk about.
(d) He said he was ashamed of his past.
2. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
(b) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
(c) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(d) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
3. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(b) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(c) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(d) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
4. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Gambling and drinking.
(b) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(c) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(d) Overeating and cursing.
5. What does Roy hope will happen to him after he agrees to throw the game?
(a) That he won't be able to hit well.
(b) That he will get a home run.
(c) That he will be benched for the whole game.
(d) That Iris will be there to watch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
2. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
4. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
5. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)