|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About winning the next game.
(b) About being named MVP.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About pitching a perfect game.
2. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
(b) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
(c) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
(d) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
3. How does Roy get a black eye?
(a) Memo punched him.
(b) From a fight with Pop.
(c) From a car wreck.
(d) He gets drunk and fights with a stranger.
4. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
(a) He is ecstatic that he is a hero.
(b) He is proud to be able to help his team out of their slump.
(c) He is unhappy, feeling like he has a lot more to live for, and wants to conquer the world.
(d) He is happy, but misses Bump, who should have been the hitter.
5. What does the letter attached to the $35 thousand say?
(a) That the contract for the next year is not guaranteed.
(b) That Memo wants to meet him in his motel room.
(c) That The Judge doesn't ever want to see him again.
(d) That he is now the coach of the Knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
2. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
3. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
4. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)