|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roy goes to see Memo at her motel room on the night before the pennant game, who is there with her?
(c) Red Blow.
2. What does Roy do to Memo and The Judge after collecting his money?
(a) He orders Gus to leave Memo alone, marries Memo, and tells The Judge to disappear from his life.
(b) He beats up Gus, tells Memo to get lost, and turns The Judge in to the FBI.
(c) He punches Gus, pushes Memo, and beats on The Judge.
(d) He gambles with Gus, sends Memo away, and signs a contract with The Judge.
3. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
(a) For him to undergo a change in his values.
(b) To get medical help from his doctor.
(c) To help his teammates become better people.
(d) For him to win a big game.
4. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
(a) They demand a memorial for Bump.
(b) They blame Roy for Bump's death and shun him.
(c) They leave the stadium and don't come back.
(d) They cheer for Roy as long as he is successful.
5. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(b) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
2. What does Roy do when Iris rejects him?
3. Who is Sam Simpson?
4. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
5. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)