|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
2. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
(a) He told both his life story.
(b) He bought both of them lavish gifts.
(c) He treated them both like objects, not people.
(d) He got angry and gave both a black eye.
3. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(d) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(b) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(c) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(d) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
5. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(b) She cheers him on.
(c) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(d) She shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
2. What happens to Roy after he leaves Iris and returns to Memo?
3. How is failure treated in The Natural?
4. What does Roy do when Iris rejects him?
5. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)