|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
(a) The farm he has always wanted.
(b) Lots of fame.
(c) Peace and happiness.
(d) Lots of money.
2. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
(a) Another girlfriend since Memo doesn't like him.
(b) A friend, a father, and a home to return to.
(c) A coach that could teach him more.
(d) A better relationship with Memo.
3. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Pop helps him practice.
(b) He passes out at the plate.
(c) He sees The Judge watching him.
(d) Memo ridicules him.
4. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
5. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
(a) That he and Memo will soon be married.
(b) That he will have a new team scout trying to recruit him.
(c) That he will hit a homerun in his next game.
(d) That he will soon meet a beautiful brunette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Memo Paris?
2. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
3. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
5. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)