|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
(a) It probably will come true.
(b) It might bring misfortune.
(c) It can't come true because Roy is benched.
(d) It will make Memo love him.
2. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
(a) They agree he doesn't deserve it.
(b) They shower him with gifts and declare a Roy Hobbs Day.
(c) They withdraw their support of him and start throwing things at him on the field.
(d) They petition The Judge to give him one.
3. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
(a) They see a boy in the road and Roy thinks they hit him.
(b) They get mad at each other and Memo starts walking back.
(c) They get stranded when the car breaks down.
(d) They see Roy and he get mad that Roy is with Memo.
4. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(b) He wants to run away for good.
(c) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(d) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
5. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(b) He gives him a smaller raise.
(c) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(d) He fires him because of his arrogance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
2. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
3. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
4. What major item do the fans give Roy?
5. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)