|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
(b) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(c) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
(d) He gets his raise, finally.
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
(a) Say a prayer before playing each game.
(b) Get some extra coaching on the side.
(c) Carry a lucky rabbit's foot.
(d) Turn his socks inside out and eat less meat.
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(b) He gets fired.
(c) He gets teased constantly.
(d) He gets hit by another player.
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) $50,000 to start his own company.
(d) They couldn't come to any agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
2. Who is Max Mercy?
3. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
4. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
5. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)