|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She is not the domestic type.
(b) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
(c) She runs away from him all the time.
(d) She is too fat.
2. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
3. How does Roy react to the children among the fans?
(a) He gives them special attention.
(b) He signs autographs for them.
(c) He encourages them to be heroes.
(d) He ignores them.
4. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
(a) The brunette in the red dress that stands in the bleachers.
(c) His family who his hasn't seen in several years.
(d) His first coach and trainer.
5. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(b) He practices with them every day.
(c) He hypnotizes them.
(d) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
2. What excuse does Memo give for shunning Roy when he was in his slump?
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
4. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
5. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)