|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
(a) He suggests that Roy is a sorry ball player.
(b) He suggests he can get him lots more money for throwing a game.
(c) He suggests that Memo doesn't like him, but likes Max instead.
(d) He suggests that Roy is taking advantage of Memo.
2. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That she is afraid of being poor.
(b) That she doesn't love him.
(c) That she loves Gus.
(d) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
3. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
(a) He accepts the bribe and bets on the game.
(b) He accepts but later changes his mind.
(c) He reports The Judge to the FBI.
(d) He tells Memo and lets her know he is above that.
4. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
5. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He doesn't like baseball.
(b) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
(c) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(d) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
2. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
3. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
4. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)