|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(b) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(c) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(d) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Fowler and Eddie.
(b) Harriet and Memo.
(c) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(d) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
4. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
(a) He said he couldn't remember his past after the gunshot wound.
(b) He said he really didn't have a very exciting past to talk about.
(c) He said it digs up too much pain.
(d) He said he was ashamed of his past.
5. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
(a) He is a great hero.
(b) He is a handsome man.
(c) There is more to life than baseball.
(d) They both declared their love for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
2. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
3. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
4. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
5. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)