|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) Sam Simpson.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Pop Fisher.
3. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) A lifetime career in baseball.
(b) A good retirement.
(c) The respect of Pop.
(d) Money and love, specifically Memo.
4. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(b) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(c) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
(d) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the Northeastern coast.
(b) From Atlanta, GA.
(c) From Texas.
(d) From the western hills of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
2. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
4. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
5. Who is Sam Simpson?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)