|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
2. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
(a) They get stranded when the car breaks down.
(b) They get mad at each other and Memo starts walking back.
(c) They see Roy and he get mad that Roy is with Memo.
(d) They see a boy in the road and Roy thinks they hit him.
3. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
(a) Another girlfriend since Memo doesn't like him.
(b) A coach that could teach him more.
(c) A better relationship with Memo.
(d) A friend, a father, and a home to return to.
4. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
(a) He said he really didn't have a very exciting past to talk about.
(b) He said he was ashamed of his past.
(c) He said he couldn't remember his past after the gunshot wound.
(d) He said it digs up too much pain.
5. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
(b) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
(c) He strikes out too many times.
(d) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
4. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
5. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)