|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
(a) He decides that pitching a winning game will win her over.
(b) He decides that dressing better will get her attention.
(c) He decides more money will win her love.
(d) He decides taking her out and showing her a good time will win her love.
2. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) The end of his baseball career.
(b) Wisdom and honor.
(c) Achievement of success and wealth.
(d) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(b) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(c) He becomes the best batter in history.
(d) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He gets fired.
(b) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(c) He gets teased constantly.
(d) He gets hit by another player.
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(b) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(c) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(d) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
2. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
3. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
4. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
5. How does Roy get a black eye?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)