|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(a) The Judge.
2. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
(a) If doing so would help him win Memo.
(b) If it was really wrong or not.
(c) If he could maybe get more money from The Judge.
(d) What Iris would think of him if he did accept it.
3. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He does a comedy act just for her.
(b) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(c) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
(d) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
4. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He believes it helps the team.
(b) He refuses it and leaves the group.
(c) He goes along with it, but doesn't believe it helps.
(d) He asks for an extra practice session to improve his batting.
5. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
(a) Through suffering.
(b) Through success at baseball.
(c) Through hard work.
(d) Through friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
2. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
3. What excuse does Memo give for shunning Roy when he was in his slump?
4. What does Roy do when Iris rejects him?
5. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)