|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
2. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(b) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
(c) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(d) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
3. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That she doesn't love him.
(b) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
(c) That she loves Gus.
(d) That she is afraid of being poor.
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with precision and power.
(b) He hits with a crazy curve.
(c) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(d) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
5. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) They pretty much ignore him.
(c) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(d) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
2. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
3. What does Roy do when Iris rejects him?
4. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
5. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)