|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He doesn't like baseball.
(b) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(c) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(c) They pretty much ignore him.
(d) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
3. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
(b) He does a comedy act just for her.
(c) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
(d) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
4. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(b) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(c) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(d) $50,000 to start his own company.
5. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
(a) She says he must marry and have children.
(b) She says he must win the pennant for his team.
(c) She says he must practice every day.
(d) She says he must be a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy promise his fans?
2. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
3. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
4. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
5. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)