|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
(a) He tells Memo and lets her know he is above that.
(b) He accepts the bribe and bets on the game.
(c) He reports The Judge to the FBI.
(d) He accepts but later changes his mind.
2. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
(a) His focus only on being a superhero.
(b) His love of more than one woman at a time.
(c) His agreement to throw the pennant game.
(d) His gambling on his games.
3. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Bump Bailey.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) The Judge.
(d) Pop Fisher.
4. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(b) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
(c) Harriet Bird shot him.
(d) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He has natural talent in the sport.
(b) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
2. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
3. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
4. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
5. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)