|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
(a) To cheer him on because the world needs heroes.
(b) She was looking for Gus.
(c) She was going to leave the game.
(d) So she could see better.
2. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
(b) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
(c) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
(d) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
3. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(b) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
(c) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(d) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
4. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
(a) He wants to promote Roy as his best player.
(b) He wants to fire Pop and gain ownership.
(c) He wants to make the Knights a household word.
(d) He wants to sell the team to Roy, but Roy doesn't have the money to buy it.
5. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He hits with precision and power.
(c) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(d) He hits with a crazy curve.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
2. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
3. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
4. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
5. What does Max Mercy do to Roy that angers him so much?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)