|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(b) He thinks she likes someone else.
(c) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(d) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
2. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
(a) Being injured while playing baseball.
(b) Being booed by fans.
(c) Death and mortality.
(d) Lack of love.
3. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To tell them about his bat.
(b) To explain what happened to Bump.
(c) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(d) To play the best ball game ever.
4. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
(a) The brunette in the red dress that stands in the bleachers.
(b) His family who his hasn't seen in several years.
(c) His first coach and trainer.
5. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Memo ridicules him.
(b) Pop helps him practice.
(c) He passes out at the plate.
(d) He sees The Judge watching him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
2. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
3. What happens to Sam Simpson?
4. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
5. What happens to Roy at the party on the night before the game that determines the winner of the pennant?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)