|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(b) He does a comedy act just for her.
(c) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
(d) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
2. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
(a) To have a father figure in his life.
(b) To go back home to family.
(c) To be the all-time baseball hero.
(d) To be morally as good as he is as a baseball player.
3. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) That he really doesn't like baseball, but wants to make a name for himself.
(b) That he is responsible for Bump's death.
(c) That he was denied a raise.
(d) That he loves Memo.
4. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
(a) With the immortal players, the giants, the heroes.
(b) With Memo.
(c) Back in his small hometown.
(d) With Iris.
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(b) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(c) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(d) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
2. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
3. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
4. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
5. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)