|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) Sam Simpson.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Pop Fisher.
2. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
(b) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(c) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(d) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
3. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To tell them about his bat.
(b) To explain what happened to Bump.
(c) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(d) To play the best ball game ever.
4. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
(a) He sells his story to Max Mercy.
(b) He bets on the next Knights game and wins.
(c) He performs magic tricks.
(d) He take her out to eat and agrees to a second job.
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(b) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(c) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(d) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
2. What does Roy promise his fans?
3. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
4. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
5. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)