|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(b) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(c) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(d) To watch his money and protect his old age.
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About pitching a perfect game.
3. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) They pretty much ignore him.
(c) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(d) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
4. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Fowler and Eddie.
(b) Harriet and Memo.
(c) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(d) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
5. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) An Olympic athlete.
(b) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
(c) A sports writer.
(d) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
2. What does Max Mercy do when he sees Roy and Memo return to the motel?
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
4. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
5. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)