|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(b) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(c) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(d) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) Pop Fisher.
(d) Sam Simpson.
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(b) Because Bump can't play well.
(c) Because Bump threw a major game.
(d) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
4. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(b) The murder of two athletes.
(c) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
5. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with precision and power.
(b) He hits with a crazy curve.
(c) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(d) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy promise his fans?
2. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
3. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
4. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)