|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(b) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(c) Harriet Bird shot him.
(d) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
2. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
(a) Third person.
(b) Omniscient narrator.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Sam Simpson.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Red Blow.
(d) Max Mercy.
4. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(b) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
(c) Roy's girlfriend.
(d) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
5. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) From gambling.
(b) From ticket sales to Knights games.
(c) No one knows.
(d) From players whom is he blackmailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
2. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
3. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
4. How is failure treated in The Natural?
5. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)