|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
(a) He is unhappy, feeling like he has a lot more to live for, and wants to conquer the world.
(b) He is ecstatic that he is a hero.
(c) He is happy, but misses Bump, who should have been the hitter.
(d) He is proud to be able to help his team out of their slump.
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(b) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
(c) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
(d) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
3. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(b) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(c) Roy's girlfriend.
(d) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with a crazy curve.
(b) He hits with precision and power.
(c) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(d) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
5. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black briefcase.
(b) Her gun.
(c) Her small dog.
(d) A black hatbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
2. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
3. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
4. What does Roy promise his fans?
5. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)