|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(b) She reacts coldly.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She is very tender and warm toward him.
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
(a) It will make Memo love him.
(b) It probably will come true.
(c) It can't come true because Roy is benched.
(d) It might bring misfortune.
4. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) Harriet Bird shot him.
(b) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(c) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(d) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
5. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
(a) They withdraw their support of him and start throwing things at him on the field.
(b) They petition The Judge to give him one.
(c) They agree he doesn't deserve it.
(d) They shower him with gifts and declare a Roy Hobbs Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
2. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
3. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)