|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(b) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(c) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(d) He forced a player to throw a game.
2. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bassoon.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) His bat.
3. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Overeating and cursing.
(b) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(c) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(d) Gambling and drinking.
4. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(b) That he plans to kill Sam.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
5. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To tell them about his bat.
(b) To explain what happened to Bump.
(c) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(d) To play the best ball game ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
2. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
3. How does Roy get a black eye?
4. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)