|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(b) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(c) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(d) To always be his friend.
2. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They tease him because it was handmade.
(b) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(c) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(d) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
3. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He has natural talent in the sport.
(b) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(c) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(d) He has trained with "The Whammer."
4. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
(a) They see Roy and he get mad that Roy is with Memo.
(b) They see a boy in the road and Roy thinks they hit him.
(c) They get stranded when the car breaks down.
(d) They get mad at each other and Memo starts walking back.
5. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
(a) Gus tells him the fans are disgruntled with him.
(b) Gus offers him higher pay to work for him.
(c) Gus talks him into selling his story to Max Mercy.
(d) He gambles and looses each time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
2. What does Pop tell Roy about Memo?
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
4. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
5. What happens to Sam Simpson?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)