|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
(a) A huge wart on the side of his nose.
(b) Tattoos all over his body.
(c) A huge birthmark on his face.
(d) An eerie glass eye.
2. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(b) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(c) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(d) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
3. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
(a) He craves banana splits.
(b) He craves traveling around the country.
(c) Lots of money and to be the best.
(d) He craves the position of coach of the team.
4. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a rival baseball player.
(b) He is the new manager of the Knights.
(c) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(d) He is a suspicious bookie.
5. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(a) Left fielder.
(d) Right fielder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
2. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
3. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
4. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
5. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)