|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(b) They tease him because it was handmade.
(c) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(d) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
2. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(d) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
3. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is the new manager of the Knights.
(b) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(c) He is a rival baseball player.
(d) He is a suspicious bookie.
4. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Memo Paris.
(b) Harriet Bird.
(c) Iris Lemon.
(d) His teammates.
5. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(b) To watch his money and protect his old age.
(c) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(d) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
3. How is failure treated in The Natural?
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
5. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)