|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A set of tools.
(b) His bat.
(c) A bassoon.
(d) A rifle.
2. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
(a) He craves banana splits.
(b) He craves the position of coach of the team.
(c) He craves traveling around the country.
(d) Lots of money and to be the best.
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
(b) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(c) He dreams he was stabbed.
(d) He dreams Roy was shot.
4. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They tease him because it was handmade.
(b) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(c) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(d) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
5. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(d) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
3. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)