|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(b) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
2. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He refuses it and leaves the group.
(b) He goes along with it, but doesn't believe it helps.
(c) He believes it helps the team.
(d) He asks for an extra practice session to improve his batting.
3. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
(a) She didn't know he had the lights off.
(b) They are trying to escape without being noticed.
(c) They need to conserve the car battery.
(d) She hates the light and loves darkness.
4. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
(a) He take her out to eat and agrees to a second job.
(b) He performs magic tricks.
(c) He bets on the next Knights game and wins.
(d) He sells his story to Max Mercy.
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) The Judge.
(c) Pop Fisher.
(d) Bump Bailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
2. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
3. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
4. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
5. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)