|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max Mercy do when he sees Roy and Memo return to the motel?
(a) He interviews Roy about his black eye and writes it for the newspaper.
(b) He offers Roy $500 to let him print his story about the wreck.
(c) He chases him through the motel trying to get a photo for the newspaper.
(d) He accuses Roy and Memo of fighting and reports it to the newspaper.
2. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
(b) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
(c) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
(d) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
3. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
4. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(b) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(c) Harriet and Memo.
(d) Fowler and Eddie.
5. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
(a) For his family's history.
(b) He wants him to throw a game.
(c) He wants to buy the secret of Wonderboy.
(d) He offers it as a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
2. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
3. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)