|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(b) He hits with a crazy curve.
(c) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(d) He hits with precision and power.
2. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He is thrown off the team.
(b) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(c) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
(d) He is accused of manslaughter.
3. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(b) To always be his friend.
(c) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(d) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
4. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(b) He becomes the best batter in history.
(c) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(d) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He forced a player to throw a game.
(b) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(c) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(d) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
3. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
4. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
5. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)