|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to bench Bump.
(b) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(c) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(d) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
2. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He gives him a smaller raise.
(b) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(c) He fires him because of his arrogance.
(d) He lectures him on the evils of money.
3. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
4. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(b) Fowler and Eddie.
(c) Harriet and Memo.
(d) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
5. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
(b) The tendency to gamble on games.
(c) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(d) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
2. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
3. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
4. What happens to Sam Simpson?
5. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)