|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
(b) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(c) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(d) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
2. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
(b) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
(c) A sports writer.
(d) An Olympic athlete.
3. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
(a) They are trying to escape without being noticed.
(b) They need to conserve the car battery.
(c) She didn't know he had the lights off.
(d) She hates the light and loves darkness.
4. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
(a) About her wonderful car.
(b) About how much money she has.
(c) About her being a Beauty Queen.
(d) About how much Bump loved her.
5. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(b) That he plans to kill Sam.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gus Sands?
2. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
3. What does the author tell us about Roy's declaration to become the best ball player ever?
4. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
5. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)