|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to bench Bump.
(b) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(c) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(d) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She shoots him.
(b) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(c) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(d) She cheers him on.
3. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
(a) To get to travel together.
(b) To win at everything.
(c) A dream home and fancy car.
(d) People and things.
4. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To play the best ball game ever.
(b) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(c) To tell them about his bat.
(d) To explain what happened to Bump.
5. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) Roy's girlfriend.
(b) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(c) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(d) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
2. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
3. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
4. What does Pop tell Roy about Memo?
5. What does Max Mercy do when he sees Roy and Memo return to the motel?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)