|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(b) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(c) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(d) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
2. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(b) Right fielder.
(c) Left fielder.
3. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's father.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) Roy's professional scout.
4. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To tell them about his bat.
(b) To explain what happened to Bump.
(c) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(d) To play the best ball game ever.
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(b) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(c) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
(d) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
2. What major item do the fans give Roy?
3. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
4. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
5. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)