|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(b) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
(c) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(d) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(b) About pitching a perfect game.
(c) About being named MVP.
(d) About winning the next game.
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Atlanta, GA.
(b) From the western hills of the United States.
(c) From Texas.
(d) From the Northeastern coast.
4. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He forced a player to throw a game.
(b) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(c) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(d) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gus Sands?
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
3. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
4. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
5. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)