|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(b) He did give it a name.
(c) Slam Hitter.
2. What does Roy promise his fans?
(a) To stay with the team at least five years.
(b) To take care of Memo and treat her well.
(c) To use his money wisely if he gets a raise.
(d) To become the best ball player ever.
3. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
(b) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(c) He does a comedy act just for her.
(d) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
4. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He forced a player to throw a game.
(b) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(c) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(d) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
5. How is failure treated in The Natural?
(a) It is considered a fact of life one must endure.
(b) It is considered a path to success.
(c) It leads to further failure and heartache.
(d) It is considered an opportunity to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy get a black eye?
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
3. Who is Gus Sands?
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
5. How does Roy relate to Pop?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)