|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
(a) He craves the position of coach of the team.
(b) Lots of money and to be the best.
(c) He craves traveling around the country.
(d) He craves banana splits.
2. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(b) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
(c) The tendency to gamble on games.
(d) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
3. How does Roy get a black eye?
(a) From a car wreck.
(b) From a fight with Pop.
(c) He gets drunk and fights with a stranger.
(d) Memo punched him.
4. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) Her gun.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) A black briefcase.
(d) A black hatbox.
5. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
(a) He bets on the next Knights game and wins.
(b) He sells his story to Max Mercy.
(c) He take her out to eat and agrees to a second job.
(d) He performs magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
2. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
4. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
5. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)