|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
(a) Third person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Omniscient narrator.
2. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(b) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(c) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
(d) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
3. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(b) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(c) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(d) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
4. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(b) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(c) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(d) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About pitching a perfect game.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About winning the next game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
3. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
4. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)