|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
(b) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(c) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
(d) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
2. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(b) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(c) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(d) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Texas.
(b) From the Northeastern coast.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From the western hills of the United States.
4. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(b) He becomes the best batter in history.
(c) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(d) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
5. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He practices with them every day.
(b) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(c) He hypnotizes them.
(d) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
2. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
3. Who is Memo Paris?
4. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
5. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)