|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with a crazy curve.
(b) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(c) He hits with precision and power.
(d) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(b) She cheers him on.
(c) She shoots him.
(d) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
3. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
(a) He wants to promote Roy as his best player.
(b) He wants to fire Pop and gain ownership.
(c) He wants to make the Knights a household word.
(d) He wants to sell the team to Roy, but Roy doesn't have the money to buy it.
4. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He doesn't like baseball.
(b) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(c) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
5. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(b) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(c) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sam Simpson?
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
3. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
4. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
5. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)