|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(b) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(c) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(d) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
2. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To play the best ball game ever.
(b) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(c) To tell them about his bat.
(d) To explain what happened to Bump.
3. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(b) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(c) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(d) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
4. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He goes along with it, but doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He asks for an extra practice session to improve his batting.
(c) He refuses it and leaves the group.
(d) He believes it helps the team.
5. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(b) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(c) He doesn't like baseball.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Simpson?
2. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
3. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
4. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
5. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)