|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(b) He asks him to bench Bump.
(c) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(d) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
2. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(b) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
(c) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(d) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
3. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(b) He has natural talent in the sport.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
4. How is failure treated in The Natural?
(a) It is considered a fact of life one must endure.
(b) It leads to further failure and heartache.
(c) It is considered an opportunity to learn.
(d) It is considered a path to success.
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Texas.
(b) From Atlanta, GA.
(c) From the western hills of the United States.
(d) From the Northeastern coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
4. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)