|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(c) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(d) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
2. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The murder of two athletes.
(c) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(d) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
3. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
(b) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(c) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
(d) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He hits with a crazy curve.
(c) He hits with precision and power.
(d) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
5. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
(b) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
(c) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(d) The tendency to gamble on games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sam Simpson?
2. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
4. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
5. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)