|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) From gambling.
(b) From players whom is he blackmailing.
(c) No one knows.
(d) From ticket sales to Knights games.
2. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
(b) The tendency to gamble on games.
(c) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(d) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the western hills of the United States.
(b) From the Northeastern coast.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From Texas.
4. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(d) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
2. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
3. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
4. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)