|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(b) He doesn't like baseball.
(c) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
(d) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
2. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
(a) He is happy, but misses Bump, who should have been the hitter.
(b) He is ecstatic that he is a hero.
(c) He is unhappy, feeling like he has a lot more to live for, and wants to conquer the world.
(d) He is proud to be able to help his team out of their slump.
3. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(b) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(c) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(d) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
4. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
(a) Gus tells him the fans are disgruntled with him.
(b) Gus offers him higher pay to work for him.
(c) He gambles and looses each time.
(d) Gus talks him into selling his story to Max Mercy.
5. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(b) He gets fired.
(c) He gets hit by another player.
(d) He gets teased constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is failure treated in The Natural?
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
3. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
4. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
5. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)