|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
(a) Gus tells him the fans are disgruntled with him.
(b) Gus offers him higher pay to work for him.
(c) He gambles and looses each time.
(d) Gus talks him into selling his story to Max Mercy.
2. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(b) He forced a player to throw a game.
(c) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(d) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
3. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(b) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(c) To watch his money and protect his old age.
(d) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
4. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(b) That he plans to kill Sam.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Judge get his money?
2. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
4. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)