|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He really doesn't like baseball.
(b) He has never had a winning season.
(c) He mourns Sam's death.
(d) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Sam Simpson.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Red Blow.
3. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(b) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
(c) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
(d) The tendency to gamble on games.
4. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
(b) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(c) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(d) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
5. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(b) To watch his money and protect his old age.
(c) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(d) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
4. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
5. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)