|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(b) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(c) He has natural talent in the sport.
(d) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
2. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
(b) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(c) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
(d) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
3. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) From ticket sales to Knights games.
(b) From gambling.
(c) From players whom is he blackmailing.
(d) No one knows.
4. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
(a) He wants him to throw a game.
(b) For his family's history.
(c) He wants to buy the secret of Wonderboy.
(d) He offers it as a loan.
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(b) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(c) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(d) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
2. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
3. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)