|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She is very tender and warm toward him.
(b) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(c) She reacts coldly.
(d) She slaps his face.
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(b) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
(c) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(d) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
3. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(b) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(c) He wants to run away for good.
(d) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
4. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(b) Because Bump can't play well.
(c) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(d) Because Bump threw a major game.
5. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(d) That he plans to kill Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
3. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
4. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
5. How is failure treated in The Natural?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)