|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
(a) He wants him to throw a game.
(b) For his family's history.
(c) He offers it as a loan.
(d) He wants to buy the secret of Wonderboy.
2. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams he was stabbed.
(b) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
(c) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(d) He dreams Roy was shot.
3. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Fowler and Eddie.
(b) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(c) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(d) Harriet and Memo.
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(c) Left fielder.
(d) Right fielder.
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
2. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
3. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
4. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
5. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)