|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(b) He fires him because of his arrogance.
(c) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(d) He gives him a smaller raise.
2. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(b) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(c) Gambling and drinking.
(d) Overeating and cursing.
3. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He has never had a winning season.
(b) He mourns Sam's death.
(c) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
(d) He really doesn't like baseball.
4. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(b) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(c) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
(d) He doesn't like baseball.
5. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(b) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(c) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(d) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
2. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
3. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
4. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
5. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)