|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
(a) For him to undergo a change in his values.
(b) To get medical help from his doctor.
(c) For him to win a big game.
(d) To help his teammates become better people.
2. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The murder of two athletes.
(b) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(c) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
3. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(b) He hits with a crazy curve.
(c) He hits with precision and power.
(d) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
4. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
(b) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
(c) A sports writer.
(d) An Olympic athlete.
5. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) Her gun.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) A black hatbox.
(d) A black briefcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
2. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
3. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
5. How does Roy relate to Pop?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)