|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to kill Sam.
(b) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
2. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
(b) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
(c) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(d) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
3. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
4. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(b) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
(c) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
(d) The tendency to gamble on games.
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(c) He did give it a name.
(d) Slam Hitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
2. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
3. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
4. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)