|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
2. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's professional scout.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) Roy's father.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the Northeastern coast.
(b) From the western hills of the United States.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From Texas.
4. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
(a) He decides that dressing better will get her attention.
(b) He decides taking her out and showing her a good time will win her love.
(c) He decides more money will win her love.
(d) He decides that pitching a winning game will win her over.
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(b) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(c) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(d) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
2. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
3. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
4. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)