|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
(b) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
(c) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
(d) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
2. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a suspicious bookie.
(b) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(c) He is a rival baseball player.
(d) He is the new manager of the Knights.
3. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About pitching a perfect game.
(d) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
4. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) His bat.
(b) A bassoon.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A rifle.
5. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(b) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(c) Because Bump threw a major game.
(d) Because Bump can't play well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
3. How does Roy relate to Pop?
4. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)