|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(b) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(c) Because Bump threw a major game.
(d) Because Bump can't play well.
2. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(b) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
(c) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(d) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
3. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(b) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(c) He wants to run away for good.
(d) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
4. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) Slam Hitter.
(c) He did give it a name.
5. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(b) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(c) Overeating and cursing.
(d) Gambling and drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
3. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
4. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
5. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)