|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He really doesn't like baseball.
(b) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
(c) He has never had a winning season.
(d) He mourns Sam's death.
2. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
(a) He wants him to throw a game.
(b) He offers it as a loan.
(c) For his family's history.
(d) He wants to buy the secret of Wonderboy.
3. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(b) Roy's girlfriend.
(c) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(d) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
4. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(b) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
(c) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(d) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
2. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
3. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
4. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
5. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)