|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) His bat.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bassoon.
(d) A set of tools.
2. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(b) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(c) He gives him a smaller raise.
(d) He fires him because of his arrogance.
3. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To explain what happened to Bump.
(b) To tell them about his bat.
(c) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(d) To play the best ball game ever.
4. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(b) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The murder of two athletes.
(d) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
2. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
3. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
4. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
5. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)