|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(b) They pretty much ignore him.
(c) They tell the coach lies about him.
(d) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
2. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To explain what happened to Bump.
(b) To tell them about his bat.
(c) To play the best ball game ever.
(d) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
3. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
(a) He brags about his prowess as a ball player.
(b) He brags about how he takes advantage of people.
(c) He brags about how much money he has.
(d) He brags about how good he is at gambling.
4. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(b) Harriet and Memo.
(c) Fowler and Eddie.
(d) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
2. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
3. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
4. Where does The Judge get his money?
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)