|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(b) He is accused of manslaughter.
(c) He is thrown off the team.
(d) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
2. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
(b) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
(c) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
(d) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
3. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a suspicious bookie.
(b) He is the new manager of the Knights.
(c) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(d) He is a rival baseball player.
4. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(b) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(c) He doesn't like baseball.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
5. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(b) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
(c) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
(d) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
2. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
4. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
5. Who is Max Mercy?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)