|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(c) That he plans to kill Sam.
(d) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(b) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
(c) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(d) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
3. How is failure treated in The Natural?
(a) It is considered a fact of life one must endure.
(b) It leads to further failure and heartache.
(c) It is considered an opportunity to learn.
(d) It is considered a path to success.
4. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
(a) He gambles and looses each time.
(b) Gus talks him into selling his story to Max Mercy.
(c) Gus tells him the fans are disgruntled with him.
(d) Gus offers him higher pay to work for him.
5. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To explain what happened to Bump.
(b) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(c) To play the best ball game ever.
(d) To tell them about his bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
2. What happens to Sam Simpson?
3. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
4. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)