Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(d) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
2. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(c) He hits with precision and power.
(d) He hits with a crazy curve.
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams Roy was shot.
(b) He dreams he was stabbed.
(c) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(d) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
4. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He hypnotizes them.
(b) He practices with them every day.
(c) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(d) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
5. How is failure treated in The Natural?
(a) It leads to further failure and heartache.
(b) It is considered a fact of life one must endure.
(c) It is considered a path to success.
(d) It is considered an opportunity to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
3. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
4. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
5. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)