|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the Northeastern coast.
(b) From Atlanta, GA.
(c) From the western hills of the United States.
(d) From Texas.
2. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(b) He forced a player to throw a game.
(c) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(d) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
3. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
(b) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
(c) A sports writer.
(d) An Olympic athlete.
4. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(b) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(c) She cheers him on.
(d) She shoots him.
5. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To always be his friend.
(b) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(c) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(d) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
2. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
3. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
4. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
5. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)