|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(b) She cheers him on.
(c) She shoots him.
(d) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
2. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
(a) She is engaged to Bump.
(b) Roy doesn't love her.
(c) She is too absorbed in her own wants and desires.
(d) Pop forbids them to be together.
3. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(b) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(c) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(d) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
4. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Overeating and cursing.
(b) Gambling and drinking.
(c) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(d) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
5. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
(b) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
(c) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
(d) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
2. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
3. What does Iris tell Roy that repels him?
4. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
5. What decision does Roy make during the last inning of the pennant game?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)