|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She is too fat.
(b) She is not the domestic type.
(c) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
(d) She runs away from him all the time.
2. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
(a) He suggests that Roy is taking advantage of Memo.
(b) He suggests that Roy is a sorry ball player.
(c) He suggests he can get him lots more money for throwing a game.
(d) He suggests that Memo doesn't like him, but likes Max instead.
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(c) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The murder of two athletes.
4. What does Max Mercy do to Roy that angers him so much?
(a) He prints a story about Roy's insecurities.
(b) He writes a negative news story about Roy.
(c) He takes Memo away from Roy.
(d) He prints a picture of Roy as a clown.
5. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He gives him a smaller raise.
(b) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(c) He fires him because of his arrogance.
(d) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
2. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
3. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
4. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
5. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)