|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(b) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(c) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(d) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
2. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(b) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(c) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(d) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
3. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(b) He is the new manager of the Knights.
(c) He is a suspicious bookie.
(d) He is a rival baseball player.
4. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
(a) He loses a lot of money.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He wins a large amount from Gus.
(d) He gets thrown out of the motel.
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $50,000 to start his own company.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(d) They couldn't come to any agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
2. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
3. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
4. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)