|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(b) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(c) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(d) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
2. What happens to Roy's bat, Wonderboy, during the last game of the season?
(a) It proves to be what helps Roy win.
(b) It splits in half.
(c) It gets stolen.
(d) Pop takes it away from Roy.
3. What happens to the Pirates' starting pitcher that pits Roy against a new pitcher?
(a) He gets in a fight and gets thrown out of the game.
(b) He walks too many players and gets pulled out.
(c) He faints.
(d) The Ump throws him out for bad behavior.
4. What does Roy think about his ability to play after his stay in the hospital?
(a) He thinks he is out of his slump.
(b) He is sure he is well enough to play.
(c) He is afraid he will pass out.
(d) He thinks he can't even hit the ball.
5. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
(a) He is proud to be able to help his team out of their slump.
(b) He is unhappy, feeling like he has a lot more to live for, and wants to conquer the world.
(c) He is ecstatic that he is a hero.
(d) He is happy, but misses Bump, who should have been the hitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
3. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
4. What does Iris tell Roy that repels him?
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)