|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
(a) To consider what might be on his mind that is worrying him.
(b) To forget Memo and drop her.
(c) To get married to Memo and quit trying to impress her.
(d) To keep his fans in mind and try to please them.
2. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He doesn't like baseball.
(b) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(c) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
3. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
(b) The end of his baseball career.
(c) Wisdom and honor.
(d) Achievement of success and wealth.
4. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
(a) He suggests that Roy is taking advantage of Memo.
(b) He suggests that Roy is a sorry ball player.
(c) He suggests he can get him lots more money for throwing a game.
(d) He suggests that Memo doesn't like him, but likes Max instead.
5. What decision does Roy make during the last inning of the pennant game?
(a) To forget his bribe and play well.
(b) To leave baseball forever.
(c) To leave Memo and go to Iris.
(d) To ask Memo to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is failure treated in The Natural?
2. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
3. Who is Gus Sands?
4. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
5. What excuse does Memo give for shunning Roy when he was in his slump?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)