|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(b) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(c) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(d) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
(a) A huge birthmark on his face.
(b) Tattoos all over his body.
(c) An eerie glass eye.
(d) A huge wart on the side of his nose.
3. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They pretty much ignore him.
(b) They tell the coach lies about him.
(c) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(d) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
4. After Roy gets sick, what does he dream about?
(a) Memo wiping his brow with a cool cloth.
(b) A train coming through his room.
(c) Striking out in the pennant game.
(d) Eating dead birds.
5. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
(a) She hates the light and loves darkness.
(b) They need to conserve the car battery.
(c) They are trying to escape without being noticed.
(d) She didn't know he had the lights off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
2. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
3. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
4. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
5. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)