|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams Roy was shot.
(b) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(c) He dreams he was stabbed.
(d) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
2. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) A good retirement.
(b) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(c) The respect of Pop.
(d) A lifetime career in baseball.
3. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He strikes out too many times.
(b) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(c) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
(d) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
4. What does Pop say in Chapter 10 that makes Roy's decision even harder?
(a) That he knows how good a player Roy is and is depending on him.
(b) That he knows Roy is a hero and above throwing a game.
(c) That he is entitled to win the pennant game and will then retire.
(d) That he will tell Memo to now marry him if they lose.
5. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(b) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(c) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
(d) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
3. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
4. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)