|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(c) Right fielder.
(d) Left fielder.
2. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
(a) For him to win a big game.
(b) To help his teammates become better people.
(c) To get medical help from his doctor.
(d) For him to undergo a change in his values.
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump threw a major game.
(b) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(c) Because Bump can't play well.
(d) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
4. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
(a) They agree he doesn't deserve it.
(b) They shower him with gifts and declare a Roy Hobbs Day.
(c) They withdraw their support of him and start throwing things at him on the field.
(d) They petition The Judge to give him one.
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(b) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(c) He forced a player to throw a game.
(d) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
2. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
3. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
4. What does Max Mercy do to Roy that angers him so much?
5. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)