|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop tell Roy about Memo?
(a) That she is planning on running away.
(b) That she doesn't love him.
(c) That he doesn't want Roy to have anything to do with her.
(d) That she only brings bad luck to people.
2. What happens when Roy and Memo go for a drive?
(a) They get mad at each other and Memo starts walking back.
(b) They see Roy and he get mad that Roy is with Memo.
(c) They see a boy in the road and Roy thinks they hit him.
(d) They get stranded when the car breaks down.
3. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
(a) The tendency to fall for schemes promising quick money.
(b) The tendency to seek a mate at all costs.
(c) The tendency to gamble on games.
(d) The tendency to follow one particular ball player.
4. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Roy finds another girlfriend.
(b) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
(c) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
(d) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
5. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She is very tender and warm toward him.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She reacts coldly.
(d) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does The Judge get his money?
2. What does Roy do to get even with Max Mercy?
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
4. Who is Sam Simpson?
5. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)