|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Overeating and cursing.
(b) Gambling and drinking.
(c) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(d) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
2. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
(a) He treated them both like objects, not people.
(b) He bought both of them lavish gifts.
(c) He told both his life story.
(d) He got angry and gave both a black eye.
3. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's professional scout.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A baseball pitcher.
(d) Roy's father.
4. After Roy gets sick, what does he dream about?
(a) Eating dead birds.
(b) Striking out in the pennant game.
(c) Memo wiping his brow with a cool cloth.
(d) A train coming through his room.
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He has natural talent in the sport.
(b) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Roy's striking out?
2. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
3. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
4. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
5. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)