|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
(a) He performs magic tricks.
(b) He sells his story to Max Mercy.
(c) He take her out to eat and agrees to a second job.
(d) He bets on the next Knights game and wins.
2. What does Pop do when he sees Roy and Memo returning to the motel in the morning?
(a) He asks Roy if he and Memo are planning on getting married.
(b) He benches Roy for being out all night.
(c) He tells Roy to leave Memo alone and not to go out with her any more.
(d) He fines Roy $100 for not being in his room the night before.
3. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
(b) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
(c) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(d) He gets his raise, finally.
4. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
(a) To consider what might be on his mind that is worrying him.
(b) To forget Memo and drop her.
(c) To get married to Memo and quit trying to impress her.
(d) To keep his fans in mind and try to please them.
5. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) That he really doesn't like baseball, but wants to make a name for himself.
(b) That he is responsible for Bump's death.
(c) That he was denied a raise.
(d) That he loves Memo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
2. What happens to Roy that Max Mercy finds out when he comes back to the motel?
3. What do the fans do when they find out Roy didn't get a raise?
4. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
5. How does Roy feel about Iris after he first meets her?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)