|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Roy gets sick, what does he dream about?
(a) Striking out in the pennant game.
(b) A train coming through his room.
(c) Eating dead birds.
(d) Memo wiping his brow with a cool cloth.
2. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(b) The respect of Pop.
(c) A good retirement.
(d) A lifetime career in baseball.
3. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
(b) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
(c) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
(d) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
4. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They tease him because it was handmade.
(b) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(c) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(d) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
5. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(b) Harriet and Memo.
(c) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(d) Fowler and Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy promise his fans?
2. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
3. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
4. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
5. What excuse does Memo give for shunning Roy when he was in his slump?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)