|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(b) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(c) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
(d) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
2. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(b) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(c) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(d) He has natural talent in the sport.
3. After Roy gets sick, what does he dream about?
(a) Memo wiping his brow with a cool cloth.
(b) Eating dead birds.
(c) A train coming through his room.
(d) Striking out in the pennant game.
4. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
(a) To go back home and visit his family.
(b) To get married to her and let her take care of him.
(c) To go to a fortune teller.
(d) To forget about baseball forever.
5. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
(a) He suggests he can get him lots more money for throwing a game.
(b) He suggests that Roy is taking advantage of Memo.
(c) He suggests that Memo doesn't like him, but likes Max instead.
(d) He suggests that Roy is a sorry ball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
2. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
3. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
4. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
5. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)