|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy think about his ability to play after his stay in the hospital?
(a) He is sure he is well enough to play.
(b) He is afraid he will pass out.
(c) He thinks he is out of his slump.
(d) He thinks he can't even hit the ball.
2. What does Pop tell Roy about Memo?
(a) That he doesn't want Roy to have anything to do with her.
(b) That she is planning on running away.
(c) That she doesn't love him.
(d) That she only brings bad luck to people.
3. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
(a) He tells her about his plans to become the best ball player ever.
(b) He gets his raise, finally.
(c) He gets a white Mercedes-Benz from his fans.
(d) He tells her about Bump's gambling and losses, making her glad Bump didn't marry her.
4. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
(a) Pop forbids them to be together.
(b) Roy doesn't love her.
(c) She is engaged to Bump.
(d) She is too absorbed in her own wants and desires.
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(b) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(c) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(d) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
2. Who is Max Mercy?
3. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
4. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)