|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A bassoon.
(b) His bat.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A rifle.
2. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To explain what happened to Bump.
(b) To play the best ball game ever.
(c) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(d) To tell them about his bat.
3. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) The respect of Pop.
(b) A good retirement.
(c) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(d) A lifetime career in baseball.
4. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
(a) He brags about how he takes advantage of people.
(b) He brags about how much money he has.
(c) He brags about his prowess as a ball player.
(d) He brags about how good he is at gambling.
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(b) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(c) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(d) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
2. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
3. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
4. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
5. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)