|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
(a) That he will have a new team scout trying to recruit him.
(b) That he will hit a homerun in his next game.
(c) That he will soon meet a beautiful brunette.
(d) That he and Memo will soon be married.
2. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
(a) To go to a fortune teller.
(b) To get married to her and let her take care of him.
(c) To go back home and visit his family.
(d) To forget about baseball forever.
3. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
(b) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
(c) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
(d) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
4. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(b) That he plans to kill Sam.
(c) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(d) That he is in love with her.
5. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
(a) If it was really wrong or not.
(b) What Iris would think of him if he did accept it.
(c) If doing so would help him win Memo.
(d) If he could maybe get more money from The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy relate to Pop?
2. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
3. How does Roy feel when the fans began to cheer him on after he gets out of the slump?
4. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
5. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)