|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(c) They pretty much ignore him.
(d) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
2. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He doesn't like baseball.
(b) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(c) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
(d) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
3. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
(b) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
(c) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(d) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
4. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) Harriet Bird shot him.
(b) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(c) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(d) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
5. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(b) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(c) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
2. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
3. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
4. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
5. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)