|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
(b) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(c) He does a comedy act just for her.
(d) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
2. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
(a) He wants to sell the team to Roy, but Roy doesn't have the money to buy it.
(b) He wants to fire Pop and gain ownership.
(c) He wants to promote Roy as his best player.
(d) He wants to make the Knights a household word.
3. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) A baseball pitcher.
(b) Roy's father.
(c) Roy's professional scout.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(b) He gets hit by another player.
(c) He gets teased constantly.
(d) He gets fired.
5. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The murder of two athletes.
(b) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(d) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
3. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
4. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
5. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)