|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(b) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(c) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(d) To watch his money and protect his old age.
2. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with precision and power.
(b) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(c) He hits with a crazy curve.
(d) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
3. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(b) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(c) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
4. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He does a comedy act just for her.
(b) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
(c) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(d) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
5. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
(b) He has never had a winning season.
(c) He mourns Sam's death.
(d) He really doesn't like baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
3. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
4. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)