|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(b) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
(c) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(d) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
2. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) He did give it a name.
(d) Slam Hitter.
3. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(b) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(c) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(d) To watch his money and protect his old age.
4. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(b) Harriet Bird shot him.
(c) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
(d) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
5. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(b) He gives him a smaller raise.
(c) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(d) He fires him because of his arrogance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
2. Who is Gus Sands?
3. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
4. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)