|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
(a) He decides more money will win her love.
(b) He decides that dressing better will get her attention.
(c) He decides taking her out and showing her a good time will win her love.
(d) He decides that pitching a winning game will win her over.
2. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He becomes the best batter in history.
(b) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(c) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(d) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
3. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He hits with a crazy curve.
(c) He hits with precision and power.
(d) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
4. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(c) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the western hills of the United States.
(b) From the Northeastern coast.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
2. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
4. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
5. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)