|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(b) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(c) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
(d) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
2. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) His bat.
(b) A set of tools.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bassoon.
3. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(b) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(c) To always be his friend.
(d) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
4. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the western hills of the United States.
(b) From the Northeastern coast.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From Texas.
5. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(b) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(c) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(d) He asks him to bench Bump.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
2. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
3. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
4. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
5. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)