|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(b) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(c) He doesn't like baseball.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
2. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(d) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams Roy was shot.
(b) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
(c) He dreams he was stabbed.
(d) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
4. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) The Judge.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) Pop Fisher.
(d) Bump Bailey.
5. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(c) He hits with a crazy curve.
(d) He hits with precision and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
2. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
4. Who is Max Mercy?
5. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)