|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She is very tender and warm toward him.
(d) She reacts coldly.
2. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(b) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(c) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(d) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
3. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
(a) She sympathizes with Roy, but doesn't really feel anything about Bump.
(b) She hides in her hotel room, grieving.
(c) She is sad for her uncle, Pop, as he misses Bump so much.
(d) She is glad Bump is gone so Roy could become the team leader.
4. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
(b) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(c) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(d) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
5. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He does a comedy act just for her.
(b) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(c) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
(d) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
2. How is failure treated in The Natural?
3. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
5. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)