|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
(a) To reveal the bets The Judge is making against his own team.
(b) To play the best ball game ever.
(c) To tell them about his bat.
(d) To explain what happened to Bump.
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
(a) He wants to make the Knights a household word.
(b) He wants to sell the team to Roy, but Roy doesn't have the money to buy it.
(c) He wants to promote Roy as his best player.
(d) He wants to fire Pop and gain ownership.
4. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to kill Sam.
(b) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(b) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(c) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(d) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
3. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
4. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
5. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)