|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
(a) She is glad Bump is gone so Roy could become the team leader.
(b) She hides in her hotel room, grieving.
(c) She is sad for her uncle, Pop, as he misses Bump so much.
(d) She sympathizes with Roy, but doesn't really feel anything about Bump.
2. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with precision and power.
(b) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(c) He hits with a crazy curve.
(d) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
3. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(b) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(c) He gives him a smaller raise.
(d) He fires him because of his arrogance.
4. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) Slam Hitter.
(d) He did give it a name.
5. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
(a) Gus offers him higher pay to work for him.
(b) Gus talks him into selling his story to Max Mercy.
(c) Gus tells him the fans are disgruntled with him.
(d) He gambles and looses each time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy relate to Pop?
2. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
3. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
4. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
5. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)