|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Memo Paris.
(b) His teammates.
(c) Iris Lemon.
(d) Harriet Bird.
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
(b) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(c) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
(d) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Sam Simpson.
(b) Red Blow.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Pop Fisher.
4. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He is thrown off the team.
(b) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(c) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
(d) He is accused of manslaughter.
5. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump can't play well.
(b) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(c) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(d) Because Bump threw a major game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
2. What happens to Sam Simpson?
3. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)