|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(c) He becomes the best batter in history.
(d) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About pitching a perfect game.
(d) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
3. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(b) Slam Hitter.
(d) He did give it a name.
4. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(d) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
5. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(b) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(c) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(d) They tease him because it was handmade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
2. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
3. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
4. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
5. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)