|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is failure treated in The Natural?
(a) It is considered an opportunity to learn.
(b) It is considered a fact of life one must endure.
(c) It is considered a path to success.
(d) It leads to further failure and heartache.
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(b) Harriet and Memo.
(c) Fowler and Eddie.
(d) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
3. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) An Olympic athlete.
(b) A sports writer.
(c) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
(d) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
4. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
(a) To help his teammates become better people.
(b) For him to win a big game.
(c) For him to undergo a change in his values.
(d) To get medical help from his doctor.
5. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
(a) He wants to make the Knights a household word.
(b) He wants to promote Roy as his best player.
(c) He wants to fire Pop and gain ownership.
(d) He wants to sell the team to Roy, but Roy doesn't have the money to buy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
2. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
3. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
4. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
5. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)