|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(b) They tease him because it was handmade.
(c) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(d) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
2. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(b) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(c) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
(d) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
3. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She slaps his face.
(b) She reacts coldly.
(c) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(d) She is very tender and warm toward him.
4. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(d) The murder of two athletes.
5. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(b) They pretty much ignore him.
(c) They tell the coach lies about him.
(d) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American tendency does Malamud say The Judge and Gus take advantage of?
2. What happens to Sam Simpson?
3. Who is Gus Sands?
4. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
5. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)