|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(b) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(c) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(d) To watch his money and protect his old age.
2. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(b) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(c) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(d) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
3. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(b) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(c) He doesn't like baseball.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He gets hit by another player.
(b) He gets fired.
(c) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(d) He gets teased constantly.
5. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is the new manager of the Knights.
(b) He is a suspicious bookie.
(c) He is a rival baseball player.
(d) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
2. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
4. What happens to Sam Simpson?
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)