|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
(b) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
(c) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
(d) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
2. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He becomes the best batter in history.
(c) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(d) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
3. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(b) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(c) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(d) He asks him to bench Bump.
4. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
(a) They demand a memorial for Bump.
(b) They cheer for Roy as long as he is successful.
(c) They leave the stadium and don't come back.
(d) They blame Roy for Bump's death and shun him.
5. What happens when Roy meets Gus?
(a) Gus offers him higher pay to work for him.
(b) Gus talks him into selling his story to Max Mercy.
(c) He gambles and looses each time.
(d) Gus tells him the fans are disgruntled with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
2. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
3. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
4. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
5. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)