|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He hits with precision and power.
(c) He hits with a crazy curve.
(d) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
2. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(b) Roy's girlfriend.
(c) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(d) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
3. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
(b) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(c) Harriet Bird shot him.
(d) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
4. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He practices with them every day.
(b) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(c) He hypnotizes them.
(d) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
5. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
(a) He brags about how he takes advantage of people.
(b) He brags about his prowess as a ball player.
(c) He brags about how good he is at gambling.
(d) He brags about how much money he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
2. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
3. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
4. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
5. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)