|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(b) Slam Hitter.
(c) He did give it a name.
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(b) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(c) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
(d) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
3. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(b) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(c) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(d) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
4. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(b) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(c) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(d) To always be his friend.
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) The Judge.
(b) Bump Bailey.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Pop Fisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
2. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
3. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
4. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)