|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(c) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
2. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's professional scout.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) Roy's father.
3. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) Slam Hitter.
(b) He did give it a name.
4. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams Roy was shot.
(b) He dreams he was stabbed.
(c) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(d) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
5. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Memo Paris.
(b) Harriet Bird.
(c) Iris Lemon.
(d) His teammates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
2. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
4. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
5. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)