|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) Her small dog.
(b) Her gun.
(c) A black hatbox.
(d) A black briefcase.
2. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(d) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
3. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) His bat.
(b) A bassoon.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A rifle.
4. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) No one knows.
(b) From players whom is he blackmailing.
(c) From ticket sales to Knights games.
(d) From gambling.
5. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(b) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(c) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(d) To watch his money and protect his old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
2. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
3. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
5. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)