|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(b) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(c) Harriet and Memo.
(d) Fowler and Eddie.
3. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He goes along with it, but doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He refuses it and leaves the group.
(c) He asks for an extra practice session to improve his batting.
(d) He believes it helps the team.
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(b) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(c) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(d) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
5. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(b) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(c) Because Bump can't play well.
(d) Because Bump threw a major game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
2. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
3. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
4. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
5. Why does Max Mercy offer Roy $5000?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)