|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(b) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(c) Harriet and Memo.
(d) Fowler and Eddie.
2. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
(b) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
(c) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
(d) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
3. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He forced a player to throw a game.
(b) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(c) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(d) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
4. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
(a) He take her out to eat and agrees to a second job.
(b) He bets on the next Knights game and wins.
(c) He sells his story to Max Mercy.
(d) He performs magic tricks.
5. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(b) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(c) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(d) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
2. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
3. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
4. What does Roy say is the only thing he owes the public?
5. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)