|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
(a) A huge wart on the side of his nose.
(b) A huge birthmark on his face.
(c) An eerie glass eye.
(d) Tattoos all over his body.
2. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(b) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(c) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(d) To always be his friend.
3. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He is accused of manslaughter.
(b) He is thrown off the team.
(c) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(d) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
4. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(b) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(c) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(d) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
5. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(b) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(c) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(d) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
2. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
3. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
4. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
5. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)