|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
(a) To go back home and visit his family.
(b) To forget about baseball forever.
(c) To get married to her and let her take care of him.
(d) To go to a fortune teller.
2. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Pop helps him practice.
(b) He passes out at the plate.
(c) Memo ridicules him.
(d) He sees The Judge watching him.
3. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
4. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
(b) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
(c) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
(d) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
5. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(b) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(c) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(d) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
2. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
3. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
4. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)