|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
(a) They cheer the other players and boo Roy.
(b) They don't treat him any differently because they know he will do better.
(c) They cheer him on to encourage him.
(d) They turn on him.
2. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
3. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
(b) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
(c) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
(d) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
4. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(b) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
(c) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(d) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
5. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(b) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(c) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(d) He asks him to bench Bump.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
2. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
3. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
4. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
5. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)