|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He strikes out too many times.
(b) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
(c) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(d) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
2. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(b) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
(c) He thinks she likes someone else.
(d) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
3. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(b) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(c) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(d) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
4. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
(b) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
(c) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(d) He is depressed and in a slump.
5. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(c) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
2. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
3. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
4. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
5. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)