|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
(a) That he doesn't think he will be able to win.
(b) That he needs to stop eating so much.
(c) To stay away from baseball if he wants to live.
(d) That he is strong enough to play ball in the game.
2. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
(a) He accepts the bribe and bets on the game.
(b) He tells Memo and lets her know he is above that.
(c) He reports The Judge to the FBI.
(d) He accepts but later changes his mind.
3. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
(b) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
(c) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
(d) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(b) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(c) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(d) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
5. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) Fans that are cheering for him.
(b) A baseball scout for another team.
(c) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(d) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
2. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
3. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
4. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)