|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He hypnotizes them.
(b) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(c) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(d) He practices with them every day.
2. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
3. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He is depressed and in a slump.
(b) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(c) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
(d) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
4. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(b) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(c) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(d) They tease him because it was handmade.
5. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
(a) He accepts but later changes his mind.
(b) He accepts the bribe and bets on the game.
(c) He tells Memo and lets her know he is above that.
(d) He reports The Judge to the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
2. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
3. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
4. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)