|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(b) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(c) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(d) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
2. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He is depressed and in a slump.
(b) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(c) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
(d) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
3. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) The position of coach of the Knights.
(b) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
(c) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(d) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
4. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) He passes out at the plate.
(b) He sees The Judge watching him.
(c) Pop helps him practice.
(d) Memo ridicules him.
5. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
3. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
4. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
5. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)