|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
(b) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
(c) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
(d) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
2. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Iris Lemon.
(b) Memo Paris.
(c) His teammates.
(d) Harriet Bird.
3. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $50,000 to start his own company.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(d) They couldn't come to any agreement.
4. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
(a) What Iris would think of him if he did accept it.
(b) If doing so would help him win Memo.
(c) If it was really wrong or not.
(d) If he could maybe get more money from The Judge.
5. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
(b) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
(c) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
(d) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
2. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
3. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
4. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
5. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)