|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
(b) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(c) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
(d) He strikes out too many times.
2. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
(a) Get some extra coaching on the side.
(b) Carry a lucky rabbit's foot.
(c) Say a prayer before playing each game.
(d) Turn his socks inside out and eat less meat.
3. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He hypnotizes them.
(b) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(c) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(d) He practices with them every day.
4. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
(a) To try and lose the next game so they can win their bet.
(b) To give up his favorite bat and get another.
(c) To get married to Memo.
(d) To leave Memo and forget her.
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
(b) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(c) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
(d) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
2. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
3. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
4. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
5. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)