|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
2. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
(a) That he will hit a homerun in his next game.
(b) That he will soon meet a beautiful brunette.
(c) That he and Memo will soon be married.
(d) That he will have a new team scout trying to recruit him.
3. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
(a) He accepts the bribe and bets on the game.
(b) He tells Memo and lets her know he is above that.
(c) He reports The Judge to the FBI.
(d) He accepts but later changes his mind.
4. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
(b) He is depressed and in a slump.
(c) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(d) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(b) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(c) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
(d) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
2. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
3. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
4. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
5. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)