|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(b) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(c) The position of coach of the Knights.
(d) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
2. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
(a) If he could maybe get more money from The Judge.
(b) If it was really wrong or not.
(c) What Iris would think of him if he did accept it.
(d) If doing so would help him win Memo.
3. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
(a) To find out if they will win the next game.
(b) Because Bump went to one.
(c) To find out what Roy needs to do to get over his slump.
(d) To find out if they are meant for each other.
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He hits with precision and power.
(b) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(c) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(d) He hits with a crazy curve.
5. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
(a) That he and Memo will soon be married.
(b) That he will have a new team scout trying to recruit him.
(c) That he will soon meet a beautiful brunette.
(d) That he will hit a homerun in his next game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
2. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
3. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
4. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
5. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)