|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Memo Paris.
(b) Harriet Bird.
(c) His teammates.
(d) Iris Lemon.
2. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(c) The Judge.
3. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
(b) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
(c) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
(d) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
4. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That she loves Gus.
(b) That she doesn't love him.
(c) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
(d) That she is afraid of being poor.
5. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
(b) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
(c) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
(d) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
2. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
3. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
4. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
5. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)