|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(b) A baseball scout for another team.
(c) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(d) Fans that are cheering for him.
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(b) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(c) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(d) He asks him to bench Bump.
3. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
(b) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(c) The position of coach of the Knights.
(d) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
4. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Iris Lemon.
(b) Harriet Bird.
(c) His teammates.
(d) Memo Paris.
5. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(b) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(c) He hypnotizes them.
(d) He practices with them every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
3. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
4. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
5. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)