|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
(a) To give up his favorite bat and get another.
(b) To leave Memo and forget her.
(c) To try and lose the next game so they can win their bet.
(d) To get married to Memo.
2. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(b) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(c) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
(d) The position of coach of the Knights.
3. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) A baseball scout for another team.
(b) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(c) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(d) Fans that are cheering for him.
4. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(c) He becomes the best batter in history.
(d) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
5. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
2. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
3. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
5. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)