|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
(b) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(c) Roy's girlfriend.
(d) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
2. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He strikes out too many times.
(b) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(c) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
(d) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
3. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
(b) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
(c) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
(d) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
4. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(b) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(c) He practices with them every day.
(d) He hypnotizes them.
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $50,000 to start his own company.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(c) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(d) They couldn't come to any agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
2. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
3. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
4. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
5. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)