|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He becomes the best batter in history.
(b) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(c) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(d) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
2. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
(b) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
(c) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
(d) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
3. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
(b) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
(c) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(d) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
4. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He strikes out too many times.
(b) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
(c) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(d) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
5. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(c) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
2. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
3. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
4. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
5. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)