|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
(a) That he doesn't think he will be able to win.
(b) That he needs to stop eating so much.
(c) To stay away from baseball if he wants to live.
(d) That he is strong enough to play ball in the game.
2. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
(a) If he could maybe get more money from The Judge.
(b) What Iris would think of him if he did accept it.
(c) If doing so would help him win Memo.
(d) If it was really wrong or not.
3. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
(a) Turn his socks inside out and eat less meat.
(b) Carry a lucky rabbit's foot.
(c) Get some extra coaching on the side.
(d) Say a prayer before playing each game.
4. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
(a) That he will be a great baseball player for the team.
(b) That he likes to eat natural foods and live simply.
(c) That he got his talent naturally and can't be beat.
(d) That he doesn't need to practice to be good.
5. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
(b) That she is afraid of being poor.
(c) That she doesn't love him.
(d) That she loves Gus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
3. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
4. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
5. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)