|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
(b) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
(c) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
(d) Roy finds another girlfriend.
2. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
(b) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
(c) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(d) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
3. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(b) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(c) They tell the coach lies about him.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
4. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $50,000 to start his own company.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(d) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
5. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) A baseball scout for another team.
(b) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(c) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(d) Fans that are cheering for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
2. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
3. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
4. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
5. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)