|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
(a) He tells Memo and lets her know he is above that.
(b) He reports The Judge to the FBI.
(c) He accepts but later changes his mind.
(d) He accepts the bribe and bets on the game.
2. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(b) He gets fired.
(c) He gets hit by another player.
(d) He gets teased constantly.
3. What does the doctor tell Roy when he is in the hospital?
(a) That he doesn't think he will be able to win.
(b) To stay away from baseball if he wants to live.
(c) That he needs to stop eating so much.
(d) That he is strong enough to play ball in the game.
4. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(c) The Judge.
5. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
(a) Another girlfriend since Memo doesn't like him.
(b) A coach that could teach him more.
(c) A friend, a father, and a home to return to.
(d) A better relationship with Memo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
2. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
4. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
5. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)