|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
(b) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(c) He is thrown off the team.
(d) He is accused of manslaughter.
2. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
(b) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(c) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(d) The position of coach of the Knights.
3. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
(b) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(c) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
(d) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
4. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) He passes out at the plate.
(b) Pop helps him practice.
(c) He sees The Judge watching him.
(d) Memo ridicules him.
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) $50,000 to start his own company.
(d) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Memo Paris?
2. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
3. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
4. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
5. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)