|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(b) He thinks she likes someone else.
(c) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
(d) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
2. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) Roy's girlfriend.
(b) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(c) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(d) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
3. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Iris Lemon.
(b) Memo Paris.
(c) Harriet Bird.
(d) His teammates.
4. What is he referring to when The Judge lectures Roy on the Biblical tale of the dog returning to its own vomit?
(a) That Roy continues to return to his old mistakes.
(b) That Roy is stupid like a dog.
(c) That Roy constantly eats until he gets sick.
(d) That Roy keeps coming back to baseball.
5. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
(a) He claims he is bad luck to a team.
(b) He writes suspicions about his bat.
(c) He tells about his past when he couldn't play baseball.
(d) He blames him publicly for Sam's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
2. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
3. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
4. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
5. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)