|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
(b) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
(c) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
(d) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(b) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(c) They tell the coach lies about him.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
3. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(b) He asks him to bench Bump.
(c) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(d) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
4. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
(a) To go back home and visit his family.
(b) To forget about baseball forever.
(c) To get married to her and let her take care of him.
(d) To go to a fortune teller.
5. What does Roy do about the bribe he is offered to throw the game?
(a) He accepts the bribe and bets on the game.
(b) He tells Memo and lets her know he is above that.
(c) He reports The Judge to the FBI.
(d) He accepts but later changes his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
2. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
3. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
4. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)