|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
(a) That he will hit a homerun in his next game.
(b) That he will have a new team scout trying to recruit him.
(c) That he will soon meet a beautiful brunette.
(d) That he and Memo will soon be married.
2. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) The position of coach of the Knights.
(b) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(c) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(d) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
3. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
(a) That he will make him coach of the Knights.
(b) That sometimes bad actions bring good consequences.
(c) That he will make sure he plays ball as long as he wants to.
(d) That he knows Memo will marry him if he throws the game and gets the money.
4. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Memo ridicules him.
(b) Pop helps him practice.
(c) He passes out at the plate.
(d) He sees The Judge watching him.
5. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
(a) He is afraid of The Judge.
(b) He threatens to call the FBI.
(c) He is surprised because Memo had just left.
(d) He cries and tells him he is afraid of losing Memo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
2. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
3. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
4. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
5. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)