|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to bench Bump.
(b) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(c) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(d) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
2. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
(b) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
(c) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(d) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
3. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
(a) If he could maybe get more money from The Judge.
(b) What Iris would think of him if he did accept it.
(c) If doing so would help him win Memo.
(d) If it was really wrong or not.
4. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Iris Lemon.
(b) Harriet Bird.
(c) Memo Paris.
(d) His teammates.
5. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
(a) To go to a fortune teller.
(b) To go back home and visit his family.
(c) To get married to her and let her take care of him.
(d) To forget about baseball forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
2. What advice does Pop give Roy to help him get out of the slump?
3. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
4. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)