|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
(b) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
(c) The position of coach of the Knights.
(d) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
2. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Iris Lemon.
(b) Memo Paris.
(c) Harriet Bird.
(d) His teammates.
3. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) He passes out at the plate.
(b) Memo ridicules him.
(c) He sees The Judge watching him.
(d) Pop helps him practice.
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(b) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(c) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(d) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(b) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
(c) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(d) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
3. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
4. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
5. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)