|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
(a) They cheer him on to encourage him.
(b) They don't treat him any differently because they know he will do better.
(c) They turn on him.
(d) They cheer the other players and boo Roy.
2. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(b) $50,000 to start his own company.
(c) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(d) They couldn't come to any agreement.
3. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) Fans that are cheering for him.
(b) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(c) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(d) A baseball scout for another team.
4. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(b) They tell the coach lies about him.
(c) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
5. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
(b) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
(c) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(d) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
2. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
4. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
5. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)