Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
2. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
3. How many people are searching for Bigger after he runs away from the Dalton home after Mary's bones are found?
4. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
5. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace; he just adds more coal. What happens then?
Essay Topic 1
In most novels the main character has some redeeming quality that makes the readers sympathetic to him. It helps readers relate to the character more. Did Bigger have any of these qualities? If so, what were they?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay and answer the following questions and explain why you feel this way. Was Bigger incredibly smart in the way he thought things through and created a plan to cover up Mary's death and even profit from it? Or, was Bigger incredibly naive to think he could pull it off?
Essay Topic 3
This is a story of contrasts. Write an essay about the contrasts within the novel and answer the question: are those contrasts still present 70 years later? Explain.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)