Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
2. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
3. How many people are searching for Bigger after he runs away from the Dalton home after Mary's bones are found?
4. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
5. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace; he just adds more coal. What happens then?
At the very end of the story, Max is upset when Bigger comes to the conclusion that it must have been good that he committed murder. In an essay, explain Bigger's reasoning and how he came to that conclusion. Also explain what Max is trying to make Bigger understand after he comes to this conclusion. Why might the two men have different views on this subject?
Fear, Flight, and Fate Themes:
Write an essay about the way each of these themes were demonstrated in the story. Do any of them intertwine? If so, when and how?
There are places in the story where Bigger demonstrates a keen ability to visualize a situation ahead of time and can evaluate the possible outcomes. Is this an advantage or disadvantage to him in the story? Give examples in the essay.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)