|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bigger's plans for the kidnapping farce?
(a) But $100,000 in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(b) Put $100,000 in a hat box that he will retrieve.
(c) Have $10,000 put in a shoe box that will be dropped and Bessie will retrieve.
(d) Put $1,000 in a hat box that Bessie will retrieve.
2. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
(a) The company to whom he pays rent for his family's rat-infested room.
(b) The company Bigger dreams of one day owning.
(c) The company where Bigger hopes to one day work.
(d) The South Side Real Estate Company is nothing to Bigger.
3. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
(a) He rapes her then after she falls asleep, kills her with a brick, then throws her body down an air shaft.
(b) He sleeps, then awakens realizing he must kill Bessie.
(c) He smashes her head with a brick, then runs away.
(d) He rapes her then cuts off her head like he did Mary's and throws her body down an air shaft.
4. What did Bigger's mother say to him after she awakens the morning after the killing?
(a) She wanted to know what he wanted for breakfast.
(b) She wanted to know why he came in after four in the morning.
(c) She told him Bessie came to see him the night before.
(d) She wanted to know why he was there if he was supposed to live at the Dalton's house.
5. What idea does Bigger get after Bessie mentions he is working near the site of the Leopold and Loeb case?
(a) That he and Bessie should go out on the town.
(b) Blaming Mary's disappeareance on Leopold and Loeb.
(c) Contacting Leopold and Loeb for advice.
(d) Kidnapping and ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
2. Why does Bessie finally agree to help Bigger with his scam?
3. After Bigger leaves Bessie and returns to the Dalton's house what does Peggy tell him to do and why?
4. In Book 2 when Bigger finally falls asleep after hearing Peggy and Mrs. Dalton talking about Mary, what does he recall in his dream?
5. What things does Mrs. Dalton question Bigger about when she comes to his room?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)