|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
(a) He sees that her body hasn't completely burned.
(b) He hears someone and is afraid they will see Mary's body.
(c) He thinks he sees Mary's face as it looked the night before.
(d) The white cat stares at him and makes uncomfortable.
2. How does Bigger feel committing murder has changed his life?
(a) He feels powerful and ready to kill again.
(b) It has given meaning to his life.
(c) He feels it has opened the door to opportunity.
(d) He is afraid he will spend the rest of his life on the run.
3. The South Side Real Estate Company is what to Bigger?
(a) The South Side Real Estate Company is nothing to Bigger.
(b) The company where Bigger hopes to one day work.
(c) The company to whom he pays rent for his family's rat-infested room.
(d) The company Bigger dreams of one day owning.
4. Where does Bigger first go after leaving his home the morning after Mary's murder?
(b) The Dalton's home.
(c) Bessie's apartment.
(d) The pool hall.
5. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
(a) Mary's purse.
(b) The pamphlets Jan gave him.
(c) His bloody clothing.
(d) The knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bigger compare his family to Mary Dalton?
2. Where does Bigger place the ransom note to be certain Mr. Dalton gets it?
3. What happens when Bigger arrives at Bessie's apartment and he tries to kiss her?
4. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
5. Who is Britten?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)