Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bigger make his last stand?
(a) He climbs a water tower.
(b) He climbs into an apartment window.
(c) A roof top.
(d) A fire escape.
2. How much money does Bigger show Bessie to try to impress her?
3. How many people are searching for Bigger after he runs away from the Dalton home after Mary's bones are found?
(a) Eight thousand police and vigilantes.
(b) Eight thousand police officers.
(c) Eight thousand armed, angry, white men.
(d) Five thousand vigilantes.
4. What keeps stopping Bigger from shaking down the ashes in the furnace?
(a) He wants to make sure Mary's body is completely burned.
(b) Fear and dread.
(c) He is afraid of burning himself.
(d) He doesn't know the ashes need to be removed.
5. Bigger finally shakes down the ashes, but he doesn't remove them from the furnace; he just adds more coal. What happens then?
(a) The room fill with smoke so Bigger has to get a fan to blow it out the basement window.
(b) The fire goes out and Bigger must restart it.
(c) The fire is smothered and the basement fills with smoke.
(d) The fire starts to get hot again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bigger returns to the basement to shake down the ashes, what stops him?
2. What happens when Bigger climbs another ledge on the rooftop and beings crawling away?
3. What happens when Britten backs Bigger against the wall and grabs his collar asking him about the pamphlets Jan Erlone gave him?
4. After he recalls killing Mary Dalton, what did Bigger realize he left in plain sight of his mother and his siblings?
5. What does Bigger do to Bessie after they go to the old building to hide?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)