|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many members are in the Thomas family?
2. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(b) Drink until they all pass out.
(c) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(d) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
3. When Bigger when arrives at the Dalton home for his interview, what question plagues him as he stands outside the house?
(a) Whether he should be dressed in nicer clothing.
(b) He's concerned he won't be able to do the job.
(c) Whether he should go to the front door or the back.
(d) He's worried they will dislike him because he is black.
4. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(b) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(c) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(d) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
5. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) In the front seat with Bigger.
(b) The don't, they walk.
(c) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
(d) In the back seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
2. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
3. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
5. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bigger really feel about holding up Blum's Delicatessen?
2. Why did Bigger want to kill the cat?
3. Why does Bigger get so angry and violent with Gus when he says he'll go along with the robbery?
4. What was the story Bigger planned to tell when he returned in the morning?
5. Describe Bigger's home.
6. Why did Bigger decide to put Mary's body in the trunk?
7. What did he find outside near the car on the night of Mary's death, and what did he do with it?
8. How does Bigger feel about his family?
9. Why does Bigger need to get a job?
10. Why does Bigger seem to take an instant dislike to Mary Dalton?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)