|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That white people will suffer in the depression
(b) That white's are all communists
(c) The lifestyle of rich white people
(d) That blacks can also be rich
2. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(b) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(c) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(d) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
3. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) Catch me if you can
(c) "Black" against "White"
(d) Kick the can
4. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(b) A shack along the waterfront
(c) In a condo on the river
(d) In the basement of an abandoned building
5. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Earn a lot of money
(b) Rob a bank
(c) Fly a plane
(d) Drive a car
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
2. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
3. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
4. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
5. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean about Bigger "Feeling his blackness," even more after Mary Dalton and Jan Erlone's attempts at being friendly?
2. After all the gory details of the way he disposed of Mary's body, how was Bigger reacting?
3. Why did Bigger want to kill the cat?
4. Why does Bigger need to get a job?
5. What were Bigger's two final concerns about the burning body?
6. How does Bigger feel about his family?
7. What was the story Bigger planned to tell when he returned in the morning?
8. Describe Bigger's home.
9. Why did Bigger decide to put Mary's body in the trunk?
10. Why do the Dalton's make Bigger feel so uncomfortable?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)