|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(c) New York City
2. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also do lawn work.
(b) He will also wash window.
(c) He will also take care of the furnace.
(d) He will help her in the kitchen.
3. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) He likes them immediately.
(b) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(c) Like he should quit the new job.
(d) He feels uneasy and hates them.
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(b) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(c) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(d) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
5. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) Living on the street
(b) In jail
(c) The gallows
(d) In foster care
Short Answer Questions
1. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
2. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
3. What does Bigger do to silence Mary in her room?
4. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
5. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean about Bigger "Feeling his blackness," even more after Mary Dalton and Jan Erlone's attempts at being friendly?
2. Explain the game, "White," that Bigger and his friends played.
3. Why did Bigger want to kill the cat?
4. How does Bigger really feel about holding up Blum's Delicatessen?
5. What did he find outside near the car on the night of Mary's death, and what did he do with it?
6. How does Bigger feel about his family?
7. What happened when Mary's body didn't fit into the furnace?
8. Why does Bigger panic when Mrs. Dalton enters Mary's room while he is in there?
9. Why did Bigger help Mary to her room instead of waking her parents and letting them know her drunken condition?
10. After Bigger realized Mary was dead, why didn't he even consider just telling the truth?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)