|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(b) Jan Erlone
(d) Bessie Mears
2. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(b) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(c) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(d) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
3. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He carries her
(b) He gets Peggy to help
(c) He drags her
(d) He gets her parents to help
4. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(b) G.L.'s brother
(c) Jack's father
(d) Mr. Dalton
5. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
(a) At the supermarket
(b) At Blum's Delicatessin
(c) At YMCA
(d) At the Dalton's
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
2. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
3. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
4. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
5. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bigger panic when Mrs. Dalton enters Mary's room while he is in there?
2. What is the symbolism of the two movies Bigger and his friends saw?
3. After all the gory details of the way he disposed of Mary's body, how was Bigger reacting?
4. Why did Bigger decide to put Mary's body in the trunk?
5. Describe Bigger's home.
6. What was the story Bigger planned to tell when he returned in the morning?
7. Why does Bigger need to get a job?
8. What did he find outside near the car on the night of Mary's death, and what did he do with it?
9. What happened when Mary's body didn't fit into the furnace?
10. How does Bigger really feel about holding up Blum's Delicatessen?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)