|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(c) Bessie Mears
(d) Jan Erlone
2. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
3. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That blacks can also be rich
(b) That white people will suffer in the depression
(c) That white's are all communists
(d) The lifestyle of rich white people
4. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(b) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
(c) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(d) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
5. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A gunman
(b) A rabid cat
(c) Their landlord
(d) A rat
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
2. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
3. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
4. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
5. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bigger decide to put Mary's body in the trunk?
2. What does it mean about Bigger "Feeling his blackness," even more after Mary Dalton and Jan Erlone's attempts at being friendly?
3. How does Bigger feel about his family?
4. Why does Bigger seem to take an instant dislike to Mary Dalton?
5. What was the story Bigger planned to tell when he returned in the morning?
6. What were Bigger's two final concerns about the burning body?
7. Why do the Dalton's make Bigger feel so uncomfortable?
8. Why did Bigger want to kill the cat?
9. Why does Bigger get so angry and violent with Gus when he says he'll go along with the robbery?
10. Why does Bigger need to get a job?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)