|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Thomas say Bigger will end up if he doesn't straighten out his life?
(a) Living on the street
(b) In foster care
(c) The gallows
(d) In jail
2. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He puts her into her nightgown
(b) He kisses her
(c) He leaves her alone
(d) He covers her
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(b) Drink until they all pass out.
(c) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(d) Get drunk and read pamphlets
4. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
5. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
(b) That she can look deep into his soul.
(c) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(d) That she can read his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
2. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
3. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
4. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
5. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Bigger realized Mary was dead, why didn't he even consider just telling the truth?
2. What were Bigger's two final concerns about the burning body?
3. What was the story Bigger planned to tell when he returned in the morning?
4. Why does Bigger need to get a job?
5. What did he find outside near the car on the night of Mary's death, and what did he do with it?
6. What does it mean about Bigger "Feeling his blackness," even more after Mary Dalton and Jan Erlone's attempts at being friendly?
7. Why does Bigger panic when Mrs. Dalton enters Mary's room while he is in there?
8. Why does Bigger seem to take an instant dislike to Mary Dalton?
9. How does Bigger really feel about holding up Blum's Delicatessen?
10. Why does Bigger get so angry and violent with Gus when he says he'll go along with the robbery?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)