|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(b) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(c) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(d) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
2. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
(a) He kisses her
(b) He puts her into her nightgown
(c) He leaves her alone
(d) He covers her
3. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He doesn't want to lose his job
(b) He isn't afraid of anything
(c) He already has a girlfriend who is jealous
(d) He is black and she is white
4. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Earn a lot of money
(b) Fly a plane
(c) Drive a car
(d) Rob a bank
5. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(b) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
(c) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
(d) Burn it in the furnace.
6. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(b) They will use a car to getaway.
(c) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(d) They will use a gun and the person is white.
7. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
(a) Multi-cultural dances
(b) Native African's hunting in the jungle
(c) Naked native Africans dancing to drums.
(d) Black Americans
8. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) That she can read his mind.
(b) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(c) That she can look deep into his soul.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
9. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He shows his mother his prize.
(b) He sits down to eat dinner.
(c) He hides the remains.
(d) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
10. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(b) He feels she is just like her mother.
(c) He hates her instantly.
(d) He finds her very attractive.
11. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(b) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(c) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(d) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
12. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(b) That he is a very lucky young man.
(c) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(d) That Mary had a heart attack.
13. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She is afraid of Bigger.
(b) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(c) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(d) She goes to get her husband.
14. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) They are half brothers
(b) It is a volatile relationship
(c) They are best friends
(d) They are classmates
15. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(b) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(c) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(d) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story is set in what decade?
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
3. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
4. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
5. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)