|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
(a) Black Americans
(b) Naked native Africans dancing to drums.
(c) Multi-cultural dances
(d) Native African's hunting in the jungle
2. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he is in a gang.
(b) Because he does not want to continue his education.
(c) Because he has a prison record.
(d) Because he doesn't like her family.
3. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
(b) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(c) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(d) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
4. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(b) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(c) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
(d) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
5. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(b) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(c) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(d) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
6. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Drive a car
(b) Fly a plane
(c) Earn a lot of money
(d) Rob a bank
7. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(b) Jan Erlone
(c) Bessie Mears
8. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
9. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(b) Lost Soul
10. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(d) Get them a better place to live.
11. The story is set in what decade?
12. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She goes to get her husband.
(b) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(c) She is afraid of Bigger.
(d) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
13. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mr. Dalton
(b) The house-keeper.
(c) Mary Dalton
(d) The butler.
14. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(d) New York City
15. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(b) Mr. Dalton
(c) G.L.'s brother
(d) Jack's father
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
2. Where does Bigger say white people live?
3. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
4. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)