|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(b) window washer
2. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
(a) Sink the trunk and the body in the river.
(b) Burn it in the furnace.
(c) Ship it in the trunk to Jan
(d) Put it in a dumpster near the train station.
3. When Mrs. Dalton speaks to Bigger in the kitchen, what surprises him about her?
(a) That she can look deep into his soul.
(b) That she can read his mind.
(c) In spite of her blindness she is very independent.
(d) In spite of her blindness she is knows exactly where he is.
4. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(b) That he is a very lucky young man.
(c) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(d) That Mary had a heart attack.
5. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(b) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(c) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(d) They will use a car to getaway.
6. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(d) New York City
7. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Drink until they all pass out.
(b) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(c) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(d) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
8. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
(a) He was in there to take her luggage to the station for her trip to Detroit.
(b) He was in there when he helped her into bed, but she was okay when he left her.
(c) He wasn't taking a chance, he wiped everything clean of his fingerprints.
(d) He was going to make a point of telling everyone in the morning that Mary wanted him to get her luggage, then he'll tell everyone she's not in her room.
9. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(b) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(c) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(d) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
10. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(b) She goes to get her husband.
(c) She is afraid of Bigger.
(d) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
11. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
(a) Mary's purse
(b) Mary's expensive necklace
(c) The pamphlets Jan gave him
(d) A bottle of rum
12. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(b) He sits down to eat dinner.
(c) He hides the remains.
(d) He shows his mother his prize.
13. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(a) G.L.'s brother
(b) Mr. Dalton
(c) Jack's father
14. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In a condo on the river
(b) In the basement of an abandoned building
(c) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(d) A shack along the waterfront
15. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He feels she is just like her mother.
(b) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
(c) He finds her very attractive.
(d) He hates her instantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members are in the Thomas family?
2. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
3. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
4. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
5. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)