|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mary and Jan sit in the car?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) The don't, they walk.
(c) In the front seat with Bigger.
(d) The sit in the front and ask Bigger to sit in the back.
2. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch a bus
(b) Home to her house
(c) To catch the train
(d) To Mary's house
3. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he is in a gang.
(b) Because he does not want to continue his education.
(c) Because he has a prison record.
(d) Because he doesn't like her family.
4. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In a condo on the river
(b) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(c) In the basement of an abandoned building
(d) A shack along the waterfront
5. Tell whom the lone witness to Bigger's crime is?
(a) A neighbor peeking out their window
(b) The Dalton's white cat.
(c) Mrs. Dalton
(d) Peggy the housekeeper
6. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
(a) She is an attractive woman with a good education.
(b) She is afraid to speak up to her husband and seems afraid of him.
(c) She is blind and uses words he doesn't understand.
(d) She is blind and much younger than her husband.
7. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That Mary had a heart attack.
(b) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(c) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(d) That he is a very lucky young man.
8. What Bigger and his friends call the game they play?
(a) Kick the can
(b) Catch me if you can
(c) "Black" against "White"
9. Who does Bigger see when he, Mary and Jan enter the restaurant?
(a) Jack and G.H.
(b) Gus and Bessie Mears
(c) Jack and Bessie Mears
(d) Gus, Jack and G.H.
10. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also wash window.
(b) He will also do lawn work.
(c) He will also take care of the furnace.
(d) He will help her in the kitchen.
11. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That blacks can also be rich
(b) That white's are all communists
(c) That white people will suffer in the depression
(d) The lifestyle of rich white people
12. When the young couple treats him as an equal how does if make Bigger feel?
(a) Like he should quit the new job.
(b) He likes them immediately.
(c) Like dumping them and picking up his friends.
(d) He feels uneasy and hates them.
13. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He feels she is just like her mother.
(b) He hates her instantly.
(c) He finds her very attractive.
(d) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
14. The story is set in what decade?
15. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(b) They will use a car to getaway.
(c) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(d) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
2. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
3. How many members are in the Thomas family?
4. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
5. How does Bigger plan to explain his fingerprints in Mary's bedroom?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)