|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will help her in the kitchen.
(b) He will also take care of the furnace.
(c) He will also wash window.
(d) He will also do lawn work.
2. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(a) Jack's father
(b) G.L.'s brother
(d) Mr. Dalton
3. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
(a) Because he has a prison record.
(b) Because he doesn't like her family.
(c) Because he is in a gang.
(d) Because he does not want to continue his education.
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(b) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
(c) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(d) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
5. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(b) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(c) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(d) They will use a car to getaway.
6. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) A shack along the waterfront
(b) In a condo on the river
(c) In the basement of an abandoned building
(d) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
7. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(b) New York City
8. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
(a) He takes Mary's necklace to a pawn shop then goes home with the money.
(b) He steals money from Mary's purse then goes home to sleep.
(c) He finishes the bottle of rum then goes home to sleep.
(d) He takes the pamphlets Jan gave him and plants them in Mary's room.
9. How does Bigger feel about Mary Dalton?
(a) He finds her very attractive.
(b) He hates her instantly.
(c) He feels she is just like her mother.
(d) He has no feelings about her or anyone.
10. What kind of relationship does Bigger have with Gus?
(a) They are half brothers
(b) They are classmates
(c) It is a volatile relationship
(d) They are best friends
11. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
12. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He gets her parents to help
(b) He gets Peggy to help
(c) He carries her
(d) He drags her
13. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
(b) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(d) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
14. After they leave the movie and go to the pool hall, what does Bigger do?
(a) He picks a fight with the owner of the pool hall then stabs Gus.
(b) He says he wants to break into the Dalton home instead of Blum's Delicatessin.
(c) Gets in a fight with Gus, then slices the felt top of the pool table with his knife.
(d) Gets in a fight with Gus then breaks a bottle and cuts the felt top of the pool table.
15. Who does Mary ask Bigger to pick up after they leave home his first night working for them?
(a) She doesn't ask him to pick up anyone.
(b) Her boyfriend, Jan Erlone
(c) Her friend, Joan Erlone
(d) Her professor, Mr. Erlone
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
2. What does Mr. Dalton's company own?
3. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
4. What does Bigger do after he puts Mary to bed?
5. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)