|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
(a) Lost Soul
2. What does Bigger tell his friend Gus he could do if he had the chance?
(a) Drive a car
(b) Earn a lot of money
(c) Fly a plane
(d) Rob a bank
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Drink beer, rum and talk about communism.
(b) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(c) Drink until they all pass out.
(d) Get drunk and read pamphlets
4. Where does Bigger and Mary take Jan after their evening out?
(a) To catch the train
(b) To Mary's house
(c) Home to her house
(d) To catch a bus
5. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) The lifestyle of rich white people
(b) That white's are all communists
(c) That white people will suffer in the depression
(d) That blacks can also be rich
6. How does Bigger feel when he enters the Dalton home for the very first time?
7. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In the basement of an abandoned building
(b) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(c) A shack along the waterfront
(d) In a condo on the river
8. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mary Dalton
(b) Mr. Dalton
(c) The house-keeper.
(d) The butler.
9. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will use a car to getaway.
(b) They will wear the jersey of a vival gang.
(c) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(d) They will use a gun and the person is white.
10. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(b) She doesn't want to go home.
(c) She is too drunk to walk.
(d) She is very sick.
11. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(b) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(c) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
(d) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
12. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Out to the car
(b) To a dumpster
(c) Into the basement
(d) Into the garage
13. Who does Bigger decide to blame for Mary's death?
(c) Bessie Mears
(d) Jan Erlone
14. What does Bigger daydream about during the second movie?
(a) Learning how to invest money and make it grow.
(b) Learning how to overcome race barriers.
(c) Moving out of the ghetto and into the country.
(d) Learning the secret to "Getting hold of money."
15. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She is afraid of Bigger.
(b) She goes to get her husband.
(c) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(d) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
2. What does Bigger do after the body is finally disposed of?
3. Where does Bigger have a job interview?
4. What is the on-going plan Bigger and his friends discuss that morning?
5. Why does Mrs. Dalton express disappoint in Bigger?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)