|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bigger and Jack stay for the second movie. What is it about?
(a) Black Americans
(b) Naked native Africans dancing to drums.
(c) Native African's hunting in the jungle
(d) Multi-cultural dances
2. What happens when Bigger tries to dispose of Mary's body?
(a) He has to put holes in the trunk so it will sink in the water.
(b) It's too heavy for him to lift it into the dumpster.
(c) It doesn't fit in the furnace.
(d) He has to steal money from Mary's purse to pay the shipping.
3. What happens when Bigger puts Mary's body in the trunk?
(a) It doesn't fit so he rolls her in a carpet.
(b) It doesn't fit so he sits on the lid until he can close it.
(c) It doesn't fit so he has to force it inside.
(d) It doesn't fit so he has to cut her limbs off.
4. Where does Mary suggest she, Jan and Bigger go to eat?
(a) Ernie's Kitchen Shack
(b) Ernetsine's Chicken Shack
(c) Ms. Ernie's Rib Shack
(d) Ernie's Chicken and Ribs
5. How does Bigger get Mary to her room without disturbing anyone?
(a) He gets Peggy to help
(b) He gets her parents to help
(c) He drags her
(d) He carries her
6. What makes Mrs. Dalton leave Mary's bedroom when she comes to check on her daughter?
(a) She smells liquor and thinks her daughter is passed out.
(b) She goes to get her husband.
(c) She thinks her daugher is asleep.
(d) She is afraid of Bigger.
7. What is the theme of the movie Bigger and Jack go to see?
(a) That white's are all communists
(b) That white people will suffer in the depression
(c) The lifestyle of rich white people
(d) That blacks can also be rich
8. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(a) New York City
9. Who answers the door when Bigger finally knocks on the door of the Dalton house?
(a) Mary Dalton
(b) The butler.
(c) Mr. Dalton
(d) The house-keeper.
10. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will help her in the kitchen.
(b) He will also wash window.
(c) He will also do lawn work.
(d) He will also take care of the furnace.
11. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He sits down to eat dinner.
(b) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(c) He hides the remains.
(d) He shows his mother his prize.
12. What two words best describe Bigger in this opening part of the novel?
(a) Helpless and Strong
(b) Angry and Joker
(c) Pessimistic and Angry
(d) Hopeless and Fun-loving
13. What is the job Mr. Dalton is hiring Bigger to do?
(a) window washer
14. After Bigger threatens Gus, who prevents him from attacking the other man?
(b) Bigger's mom
(c) G. H.
15. Where does Bigger take the trunk with the body inside?
(a) Into the garage
(b) To a dumpster
(c) Into the basement
(d) Out to the car
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vera doing at the YWCA?
2. After meeting Mrs. Dalton, what two things does Bigger note about her?
3. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
4. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary and Jan do as they drive around the park?
5. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)