Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe Bigger's home.
2. How does Bigger feel about his family?
3. Why does Bigger need to get a job?
4. How does Bigger really feel about holding up Blum's Delicatessen?
5. Why does Bigger get so angry and violent with Gus when he says he'll go along with the robbery?
6. What is the symbolism of the two movies Bigger and his friends saw?
7. Explain the game, "White," that Bigger and his friends played.
8. Why do the Daltons make Bigger feel so uncomfortable?
9. Why does Bigger seem to take an instant dislike to Mary Dalton?
10. In the novel it states that Bigger is "feeling his blackness" even more after Mary Dalton and Jan Erlone's attempts at being friendly. Why is he feeling this way?
11. Why does Bigger help Mary to her room instead of waking her parents and letting them know her drunken condition?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)