1. Describe Bigger's home.
One rat-infested room four people shared.
2. How does Bigger feel about his family?
He has little respect for his mother, torments his sister and tolerates his brother because he seems to think there is hope for Buddy.
3. Why does Bigger need to get a job?
Because the Relief Agency is cutting off his family's money. Bigger is supposed to work to help them.
4. How does Bigger really feel about holding up Blum's Delicatessen?
He's afraid to do it, but doesn't want to admit it.
5. Why does Bigger get so angry and violent with Gus when he says he'll go along with the robbery?
Because he thought Gus was the one who was afraid. By hurting Gus he could delay things.
6. What is the symbolism of the two movies Bigger and his friends saw?
The first showed white people as rich and carefree, while the second portrayed black people as natives in the jungles.
This section contains 3,359 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)