Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the pool hall?
(a) Mr. Dalton.
(b) G.L.'s brother.
(d) Jack's father.
2. What is wrong with Mary when Bigger takes her home?
(a) She is too drunk to walk.
(b) She is very sick.
(c) She wants to go right to Detroit.
(d) She doesn't want to go home.
3. What is different about Bigger and his friend's plan this time?
(a) They will use a car to getaway.
(b) They will use a gun and the person is white.
(c) They will do it in daylight instead of night.
(d) They will wear the jersey of a rival gang.
4. When Peggy gives Bigger dinner, what other job does she tell Bigger he must do?
(a) He will also take care of the furnace.
(b) He will help her in the kitchen.
(c) He will also do lawn work.
(d) He will also wash the windows.
5. What does Bigger realize after Mrs. Dalton leaves Mary's bedroom?
(a) That he is a very lucky young man.
(b) That Mary wanted him to kiss her.
(c) That he killed Mary by smothering her.
(d) That Mary had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first part of the novel?
2. What does Bigger decide to do with Mary's body next?
3. Why is Bigger afraid of being caught in Mary's bedroom?
4. As Bigger is leaving the Dalton home after Mary's death, what does he find near the Dalton's car?
5. The story is set in what decade?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)