One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Bigger puts more coal on the fire, what is he certain he sees in the furnace?
(a) The shape of Mary's body beneath the coals.
(b) Peggy watching from the top of the stairs.
(c) He can't see anything because the light it out.
(d) The white cat watching him again.
2. What happens when Bigger's mother sees the Daltons standing in the back of Bigger's cell?
(a) She tells them how sorry she is that her son did such a horrific thing to their daughter.
(b) She wraps her arms around them and prays for their loss.
(c) She falls to her knees and begs them for her son's life and offers to work for them the rest of her life if they help him.
(d) She offers to spend the rest of her days making it up to them for what Bigger did.
3. On Bigger's first night at work, what does he, Mary, and Jan do as they drive around the park?
(a) Drink beer and rum and talk about communism.
(b) Talk about Mary's upcoming trip.
(c) Get drunk and read pamphlets
(d) Drink until they all pass out.
4. What does the white cat do while Bigger is being questioned by the police and reporters?
(a) Jumps on his shoulder and digs in its claws.
(b) Jumps on his shoulder, then walks around his feet.
(c) Sits staring intently at Bigger.
(d) It keeps looking from the furnace to Bigger and back again.
5. What happens when after all the closing statements, the judge says the court would adjourn for only one hour?
(a) Max argues that they need more time to come up with a verdict.
(b) State's Attorney Buckley laughs and says they won't need that long.
(c) The Judge reminds the court they need to consider everything carefully because a young man's life is at stake.
(d) People in the courtroom cheer.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the novel closes, what does Bigger tell Max about how he is feeling?
2. What is Bigger's sentence?
3. How did Bigger plead at the arraignment?
4. What does State's Attorney Buckley get Bigger to do?
5. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)