1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(a) New York City.
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) In a condo on the river.
(b) An apartment in the "Black Belt".
(c) In the basement of an abandoned building.
(d) A shack along the waterfront.
4. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A rabid cat.
(b) A gunman.
(c) A rat.
(d) Their landlord.
5. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He sits down to eat dinner.
(b) He shows his mother his prize.
(c) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(d) He hides the remains.
6. How many members are in the Thomas family?
7. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
8. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Get them a better place to live.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
(d) Go to Blum's Delicatessen to get dinner.
This section contains 7,500 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)