1. Where does the novel "Native Son" take place?
(d) New York City
2. The story is set in what decade?
3. Where does Bigger Thomas and his family live?
(a) An apartment in the "Black Belt"
(b) In a condo on the river
(c) In the basement of an abandoned building
(d) A shack along the waterfront
4. What terrorizes the family in the opening of the novel?
(a) A rabid cat
(b) A gunman
(c) Their landlord
(d) A rat
5. After winning the battle with "the beast" what does Bigger do?
(a) He sits down to eat dinner.
(b) He frightens his sister, Vera, with the body.
(c) He hides the remains.
(d) He shows his mother his prize.
6. How many members are in the Thomas family?
7. How many bedrooms does the Thomas family share?
8. What does Mrs. Thomas want Bigger to do to help the family?
(a) Go to Blum's Delicatessin to get dinner.
(b) Get them a better place to live.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Go to the supermarket for rat poison.
This section contains 7,468 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)