* Bigger Thomas is introduced a young black man sharing one room with two siblings and their mother.
* A huge rat in the room sends Bigger and his brother on a wild chase to kill the rodent.
* Bigger shows disrespect and anger toward his mother and sister when his mother reminds him of his job interview.
* Later at pool hall, Bigger and his friends, Jack, G.H., and Gus plan to rob Blum's Delicatessen.
* Bigger admits he would like to fly a plane and his friends tell him it will never happen.
* Bigger and Jack go to movies.
* Bigger fears the idea of robbing Blum's, but won't back down. He hopes Gus won't show.
* When Gus arrives, Bigger is so furious he pulls a knife on Gus and slices the pool table top.
* The robbery is off and no one suspects Bigger's anger toward Gus was because Gus...
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)