• Bigger Thomas is introduced a young black man sharing one room with two siblings and their mother.
• A huge rat in the room sends Bigger and his brother on a wild chase to kill the rodent.
• Bigger shows disrespect and anger toward his mother and sister when his mother reminds him of his job interview.
• Later at pool hall, Bigger and his friends, Jack, G.H., and Gus plan to rob Blum's Delicatessen.
• Bigger admits he would like to fly a plane and his friends tell him it will never happen.
• Bigger and Jack go to movies.
• Bigger fears the idea of robbing Blum's, but won't back down. He hopes Gus won't show.
• When Gus arrives, Bigger is so furious he pulls a knife on Gus and slices the pool table top.
• The robbery is off and no one suspects Bigger's anger toward Gus was because Gus...
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)