|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he discusses the frustrations of the Italian boys who have lost the local girls to soldiers, Lewis says that an American soldier can offer a girl all BUT WHICH of the following?
2. What does Lewis find when he follows the Italian Father Christmas into his cottage in Capaccio?
(a) Dead German.
(c) Drugs and contraband.
(d) Moldy food.
3. When Lewis first sets up his intelligence-gathering operation in Naples, what percentage of the information he finds does he deem "numbingly unimportant"?
4. When Lewis returns to Naples in "October 1944" he finds that several members of his section are ill; Moore has which of the following illnesses?
5. Lewis sees a man in Capaccio, whom he describes as an Italian Father Christmas, selling what at a table in his garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the meeting in Salerno with the captain, how many British men are ordered back to "Red Beach" because a token presence there is required?
2. During Lewis' time in the American Evacuation Hospital, he is frequently disturbed by what noise a few hundred yards away?
3. After duly investigating the Forza Italia! political movement, Lewis returns to his car to find how many men waiting for him?
4. On his sight-seeing trip into Capaccio, which of the following flowers does Lewis mention along the street that looks almost English?
5. After Lewis gives a hungry man some K rations he receives a strip of cloth that the giver insists will render him bulletproof; from what city did this cloth originate?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)