|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Naples, Lewis finds several respectable-looking women who have turned to prostitution to support themselves. What do the women charge for their services?
2. Early in the book, on which of the following dates does Lewis state that the war arrives?
(a) September 12, 1943.
(b) September 14, 1944.
(c) September 19, 1944.
(d) September 8, 1943.
3. When Lewis winds up in the American Evacuation Hospital he is ill with a re-infection of which of the following illnesses?
4. During Lewis' time in the American Evacuation Hospital, he is frequently disturbed by what noise a few hundred yards away?
5. As Lewis discusses the various things the people of Naples have resorted to eating, he notes that there has been rumor of a decline in the population of what animal in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following insects plagues Hotel Vesuvio as "September 1944" opens?
2. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
3. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
4. During the checkpoint stops three miles outside town, the Canadians discover that most vehicles have stolen tires. How much are the tires worth on the black market?
5. In his discussion of his duties Lewis mentions that he is expected to make daily log entries in his Army Book no. 466. At what time each day are these logs to be discussed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)