|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon his return to Naples to find sick section members, Lewis says that he is also ill with which of the following?
2. In his February 28, 1944 entry Lewis says that spring seems to have arrived, and that a young boy is selling a collection of 25 ballads at what price?
(a) 20 lire.
(b) 5 lire.
(c) 10 lire.
(d) 15 lire.
3. Which of the following towns does Lewis NOT mention as a suburb of Naples on his journey back to his section after his release from the hospital?
(b) Torre del Greco.
(d) Torre Annunziata.
4. Lewis notes in November 1943 that the only avenue open to a young man of good family is diplomatic service; how many diplomatic posts are offered in Naples?
5. Right before heading back to Naples after the trip with the Crespi family, there is a picnic of all BUT WHICH of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lewis is invited to go on a family expedition to gather greens and hunt birds with Ingeniere Crespi, the man's son goes along; what is the boy's name?
2. When discussing Signora Esposito-Lau, Lewis notes that the Psychological Warfare Bureau reported that what percentage of the Italian people collaborated with Germans?
3. Lewis and his companions enter the catacombs behind San Gennaro on reports that German SS officers are hidden there. How many galleries are in this catacomb?
4. How old is the boy in "March 1944" who arrives at the 92nd General Hospital missing 3 fingers?
5. When discussing Neapolitans' odd superstitions and views on good/bad luck, Lewis notes that they believe a house suffers from the evil eye; what is the house number?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)